PDA

View Full Version : Somebody Open a Window

Phil D. Rolls
03-01-2011, 04:04 PM
It stinks worse than Seafield on Boxing Day in here just now. The trolls are fairly wriggling around, and I wonder how long it will be till a firing squad is convened by the admins.

CapitalHibs
03-01-2011, 04:07 PM
It stinks worse than Seafield on Boxing Day in here just now. The trolls are fairly wriggling around, and I wonder how long it will be till a firing squad is convened by the admins.

Totally correct!:agree:

Cannae believe some of the tripe posted on this board in the last few days.

DaveF
03-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Why not report the posts and the Admins will then look into it when they can?

Phil D. Rolls
03-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Why not report the posts and the Admins will then look into it when they can?

It's a thought, I'd hate to be grassing up a genuinely peeved Hibby by mistake. Some of the things that are being said are legitimate enough, it's just that the same people seem to be at it time and time again. That doesn't make them Yams, or even bad people, but you have to suspect that some of them could be undercover Pinkos.

BroxburnHibee
03-01-2011, 04:37 PM
It's a thought, I'd hate to be grassing up a genuinely peeved Hibby by mistake. Some of the things that are being said are legitimate enough, it's just that the same people seem to be at it time and time again. That doesn't make them Yams, or even bad people, but you have to suspect that some of them could be undercover Pinkos.

Name names :agree:

We look at every one reported.

down-the-slope
03-01-2011, 04:42 PM

But what about those who are in deep cover :confused: and have maybe made it to Admin level :rolleyes:

:devil:

Wembley67
03-01-2011, 04:42 PM

Any chance of getting some kind of feedback with reported posts? I'm reported the odd post and never hear anything back which makes the user think nothing is getting done.

Dashing Bob S
03-01-2011, 04:46 PM
A transfer window preferably. The real offensive stink comes from the stale squad.

MSK
03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
But what about those who are in deep cover :confused: and have maybe made it to Admin level :rolleyes:

:devil:They know im a yam ..they have accepted it ..:agree:

son of haggart
03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
It wisnae me

honest

BroxburnHibee
03-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Any chance of getting some kind of feedback with reported posts? I'm reported the odd post and never hear anything back which makes the user think nothing is getting done.

Fair shout :aok:

Woody1985
03-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Can we have a report button for those that spout their same pish across numerous threads about the same things.

The boards becoming stale IMO and any deviation from hibs discussion is usually pounced on and labelled unsuitable despite being football related.

CropleyWasGod
03-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Can we have a report button for those that spout their same pish across numerous threads about the same things.

The boards becoming stale IMO and any deviation from hibs discussion is usually pounced on and labelled unsuitable despite being football related.

Does that mean all your posts are flagged?

:greengrin

Wilson
03-01-2011, 05:04 PM

Surely the trick is not to have numerous threads about the same things? That way people would only have to spout their pish on one thread.

We have to keep it simple. If you think someone is a Yam or are deliberately trolling then use the report a post function and let the admins deal with it. Easy.

Woody1985
03-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Does that mean all your posts are flagged?

:greengrin

Yeah, I banned myself.:greengrin

Woody1985
03-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Surely the trick is not to have numerous threads about the same things? That way people would only have to spout their pish on one thread.

We have to keep it simple. If you think someone is a Yam or are deliberately trolling then use the report a post function and let the admins deal with it. Easy.

I agree but threads with different themes end up turning into a common one such as bash nish or the board.

Not necessarily yams but those that seem to shout the loudest and things are becoming stale IMO.

I think we had a thread here before where a fair number of knowledgeable, articulate posters have said they just can't be arsed anymore for the above reason.

I personally come on to get updates and have a decent discussion about hibs. There's not much pleasure in coming on here and I know that's mostly down to on park performance but it really is getting mundane.

Hibercelona
03-01-2011, 05:15 PM
A vast majority of users on this site come across as trolls.

Just people looking to starts flame wars instead of sharing opinions and having reasonable debates.

You can't post something on here without someone telling you that your post is pish and that your a tosser for posting it.

Pretty depressing.

HibbyAndy
03-01-2011, 05:20 PM
A vast majority of users on this site come across as trolls.

Just people looking to starts flame wars instead of sharing opinions and having reasonable debates.

You can't post something on here without someone telling you that your post is pish and that your a tosser for posting it.

Pretty depressing.

What a pish post this one is.

Removed
03-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I banned myself.:greengrin

:faf: you would if you could have

Hibercelona
03-01-2011, 05:21 PM
What a pish post this one is.

:na na:

HibbyAndy
03-01-2011, 05:22 PM
:na na:

:wink:

MSK
03-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I agree but threads with different themes end up turning into a common one such as bash nish or the board.

Not necessarily yams but those that seem to shout the loudest and things are becoming stale IMO.

I think we had a thread here before where a fair number of knowledgeable, articulate posters have said they just can't be arsed anymore for the above reason.

I personally come on to get updates and have a decent discussion about hibs. There's not much pleasure in coming on here and I know that's mostly down to on park performance but it really is getting mundane.Par for the course im afraid Woody ..we cant stop folk from posting but hopefully if the tide turns then the doom-mongers will **** off elsewhere ..believe me the Admins are sick tae the teeth of it all too ..

Hibercelona
03-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Par for the course im afraid Woody ..we cant stop folk from posting but hopefully if the tide turns then the doom-mongers will **** off elsewhere ..believe me the Admins are sick tae the teeth of it all too ..

If?

You're slowly becoming one of "them". :wink:

MSK
03-01-2011, 05:25 PM
If?

You're slowly becoming one of "them". :wink:I said tide ..no luck ..

Hibercelona
03-01-2011, 05:30 PM
I said tide ..no luck ..

Err, what? :rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
03-01-2011, 09:44 PM

This is all a bluff.

I think Filled Rolls is actually a Yam and is complaining about undercover Yams to cover his own tracks. :agree:

LTYF !

Mikey
04-01-2011, 11:36 AM

It's just a relatively small number of people going on and on and on about the same thing. We could remove them, but as they're Hibs fans we'll just be accused of denying freedom of speech.

It's called a no win situation. They're dragging the whole place down but the alternative isn't worth the hassle.

There's always the ignore function. You can access it through User CP.

snooky
04-01-2011, 11:53 AM
It's just a relatively small number of people going on and on and on about the same thing. We could remove them, but as they're Hibs fans we'll just be accused of denying freedom of speech.

It's called a no win situation. They're dragging the whole place down but the alternative isn't worth the hassle.

There's always the ignore function. You can access it through User CP.

I don't mind the D&G's or the HC's as they are all part of a cross section of supporters offering their opinions. There will always be extremists on both sides - live with it.
TBH, what irks me the most are the firing squads that shoot down anyone who has an opinion different to theirs. Some of the personal attacks on here in the past have been uncalled for.
That said, deliberate malicious troublemakers who savage the cabbage should rightly be reported to the admin team who I'm sure will deal with them accordingly.

Happy New Year y'awl :cheers:

hibiedude
04-01-2011, 01:12 PM
It seems that this site over the last couple of years has become poisonous with members only to happy to make issues personal or threaten violence and that includes certain Admins.

A forum should be about opinions because at the end of the day we all have them- but when the abuse starts because you dare to post your disappointment at how the clubs fortunes are going only to be told you must be a hearts fan or a ****** has become the norm.

There are very few members on this site that I’ll take time to reply too because with the trouble makers (minority) you know what’s coming when they reply.

Phil D. Rolls
04-01-2011, 01:19 PM
It seems that this site over the last couple of years has become poisonous with members only to happy to make issues personal or threaten violence and that includes certain Admins.

A forum should be about opinions because at the end of the day we all have them- but when the abuse starts because you dare to post your disappointment at how the clubs fortunes are going only to be told you must be a hearts fan or a ****** has become the norm.

There are very few members on this site that I’ll take time to reply too because with the trouble makers (minority) you know what’s coming when they reply.

Can't say I've come across threats of violence, but there have been times when people have had their opinions rubbished. That's usually because they haven't made a very good argument to back up what they are saying.

Kaiser1962
04-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I do suspect there are a large number of posters on this site, that have been members for a while, who seem to get more pleasure, and become more vociferous, when things are going badly.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2011, 01:25 PM
make issues personal or threaten violence and that includes certain Admins.

If anyone threatens violence, they should be reported, but I've never known an admin to do anything of the kind.

hibiedude
04-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Can't say I've come across threats of violence, but there have been times when people have had their opinions rubbished. That's usually because they haven't made a very good argument to back up what they are saying.

But who has the right to judge if the point people are making is valid :rolleyes: its a forum at the end of the day not a private members club.

Phil D. Rolls
04-01-2011, 01:38 PM
But who has the right to judge if the point people are making is valid :rolleyes: its a forum at the end of the day not a private members club.

Not being funny, but are you not guilty of inventing your own rules here? A forum - to me - is a place where opinions are discussed and debated. At times people will find that they don't agree, that is what it's all about IMO.

Anyone is allowed to decide whether they agree with what is written, and give their reasons why they disagree.

Cropley10
04-01-2011, 01:38 PM
I do suspect there are a large number of posters on this site, that have been members for a while, who seem to get more pleasure, and become more vociferous, when things are going badly.

Equally there are other posters on here who, no matter how bad things get, will tell us that there's no alternative, that the Board are doing the right thing.

There are plenty of Clubs who would like Hibs to carry on as they are doing...

hibiedude
04-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Not being funny, but are you not guilty of inventing your own rules here? A forum - to me - is a place where opinions are discussed and debated. At times people will find that they don't agree, that is what it's all about IMO.

Anyone is allowed to decide whether they agree with what is written, and give their reasons why they disagree.

Correct a forum is all about opinions and always will be
But some go overboard and get personal or point out spelling mistakes know matter what's posted :wink: thats the once that are ruining this site.

Phil D. Rolls
04-01-2011, 02:31 PM
But some go overboard and get personal or point out spelling mistakes know matter what's posted :wink: thats the once that are ruining this site.

What can you do about people like that? :dunno:

hibee_nation
04-01-2011, 02:33 PM

Ones not once, sheesh. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
04-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Equally there are other posters on here who, no matter how bad things get, will tell us that there's no alternative, that the Board are doing the right thing.

There are plenty of Clubs who would like Hibs to carry on as they are doing...

There always an alternative.

marinello59
04-01-2011, 06:36 PM

Any admin who threatened violence against a poster here would no longer be part of the admin team. Either withdraw that or provide details.

Pedantic_Hibee
04-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Marinello59 once said he'd pagger me if I didnae do a 'Dirty Den' pose on webcam. Just saying.

marinello59
04-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Marinello59 once said he'd pagger me if I didnae do a 'Dirty Den' pose on webcam. Just saying.

You gave in to intimidation far more easily than was decent though IIRC. :agree: