PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what the players think of Calderwood and Adams ?

The Voice Of Reason
03-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Just wondered if anyone knows any players and has any info on what they think about CC and Adams ??

Just curious likes.

If I was a player (apart from Kevin McBride) I think I would like Calderwood. He has after all just given them a couple of days off and is "proud" of them (according to his interview on Hibs TV.) !!!!!!!! :confused:

Woody1985
03-01-2011, 03:31 PM
I think threads like this have the potential to start rumours on a wider scale and far too early into his reign IMO.

Mon_the_cabbage
03-01-2011, 03:35 PM
When I first looked at the title of this thread I thought it read . . . .

"Anyone know what the players think of The Calderwood Arms?"

I immediately thought that Bonnyrigg's establishments were way below what our squad are used to!!!

The Voice Of Reason
03-01-2011, 03:37 PM
I think threads like this have the potential to start rumours on a wider scale and far too early into his reign IMO.

I am not looking to cause anyone any grief. I think it is a fair question given that we have a new management team in place.

Someone may reply by saying that the players think CC is great, he has revolutionised training, he has brought new ideas to the table re nutrition etc.

Half full son, not half empty ! :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
03-01-2011, 03:38 PM

I immediately thought that Bonnyrigg's establishments were way below what our squad are used to!!!

:tee hee:

Toaods
03-01-2011, 03:39 PM
I am delighted, hopefully it's so he and Adams can hit the road in the quest to secure the players we need to lift us out of this pool of mediocrity we find ourselves drowning in.

The Voice Of Reason
03-01-2011, 03:50 PM
I am delighted, hopefully it's so he and Adams can hit the road in the quest to secure the players we need to lift us out of this pool of mediocrity we find ourselves drowning in.

Fair point - hadn't thought about that ! :cool2:

Phil D. Rolls
03-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Just wondered if anyone knows any players and has any info on what they think about CC and Adams ??

Just curious likes.

If I was a player (apart from Kevin McBride) I think I would like Calderwood. He has after all just given them a couple of days off and is "proud" of them (according to his interview on Hibs TV.) !!!!!!!! :confused:

Try speaking to The Bloke in the Pub, he's got plenty of stories about this.

PISTOL1875
03-01-2011, 03:58 PM
I was speaking to a youth team player who sitting behind me at the Dundee United game and asked him what CC was like.. He said he was very quiet , doesnt say much and keeps himself to himself..

I also said how would you compare him to Hughes and he said like chalk and cheese... Players didn't take him seriously and thought he was a idiot whereas CC has a bit more respect for the players and vice versa....

Woody1985
03-01-2011, 04:01 PM
I am not looking to cause anyone any grief. I think it is a fair question given that we have a new management team in place.

Someone may reply by saying that the players think CC is great, he has revolutionised training, he has brought new ideas to the table re nutrition etc.

You're last paragraph in the op doesn't seem to tie in with your first sentence in this one.

Whether most of them like him or not is probably not as relevant as it normally would be with most out of contract.

My guess would be that he'll try and keep a steady ship until the end of the season when he can bring in his own players and stamp his style fully on the team then.

This question at this time next year will be more relevant. IMO.

The Voice Of Reason
03-01-2011, 04:02 PM
I was speaking to a youth team player who sitting behind me at the Dundee United game and asked him what CC was like.. He said he was very quiet , doesnt say much and keeps himself to himself..

I also said how would you compare him to Hughes and he said like chalk and cheese... Players didn't take him seriously and thought he was a idiot whereas CC has a bit more respect for the players and vice versa....

Nice one - sounds positive :thumbsup:

joe t
03-01-2011, 06:48 PM
those players who are first team regulars under him will like him and be happy with his management.

those who dont get a game will whinge that he is rubbish and doesnt know what he is doing.

same as every club in the uk. footballers are a narcissistic and fickle bunch, irrespective of what club they play for.

if he gets the whole squad onside he is a genius and should get a knighthood.

The Voice Of Reason
03-01-2011, 07:29 PM
those players who are first team regulars under him will like him and be happy with his management.

those who dont get a game will whinge that he is rubbish and doesnt know what he is doing.

same as every club in the uk. footballers are a narcissistic and fickle bunch, irrespective of what club they play for.

if he gets the whole squad onside he is a genius and should get a knighthood.

Sorry, but in football it is not that simple.

What about the players who were first team regulars under John Collins for example ? They didn't "like him" and they certainly weren't "happy with his management" !!!!!

thebakerboy
03-01-2011, 07:42 PM

It used to suit Gordon Rae and Andy Goram just fine.:partyhibb:devil:

essexhibee
03-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Sorry, but in football it is not that simple.

What about the players who were first team regulars under John Collins for example ? They didn't "like him" and they certainly weren't "happy with his management" !!!!!

They were just unprofessional ***** who couldn't take a man trying to IMPROVE them as players and make them more professional and improve their performance.

PISTOL1875
03-01-2011, 07:52 PM
They were just unprofessional ***** who couldn't take a man trying to IMPROVE them as players and make them more professional and improve their performance.

Correct... :top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

booshsutton
03-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Fella I work with is good pals with Danny Galbraith. He gives me wee snippets of information from DG now and again. About a month after CC arrived at the club, fella I worked with said that training had been superb and that he felt that he would get more oppertunity under CC, which has most definately been the case

GreenCastle
03-01-2011, 08:59 PM
No direct sources here but think about this...

His team selections...

He is either being very clever by making all the changes in the last 3 games or he could cause real problems with the dressing room.

Take Galbraith for example - did pretty well against Dundee Utd - against the yams on the bench.

Hart plays against Aberdeen and Utd - then dropped for yams - thought that was a good choice btw.

Stevenson - played well against Dundee Utd - doesn't even make bench v the yams.

See a trend - he has to be careful as you want to play if you play well in the previous game and if he keeps tinkering then he may upset more than he thinks.

I do see it that he is keeping them on their toes and assessing them right now but I would love to hear what he says to the players not making the 16 over the last few weeks.

Hakim Sar
03-01-2011, 09:03 PM
They probably think calderwood is a perma-tanned glaswegian erse who keeps banging on about holland.

Apparently Adams is a good laugh but likes to go out drinking with Merse and Steve Bould

The Voice Of Reason
03-01-2011, 09:36 PM

Agreed :agree:

Which still means that joe t's post that I was replying to was utter poppycock!

The Voice Of Reason
03-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Fella I work with is good pals with Danny Galbraith. He gives me wee snippets of information from DG now and again. About a month after CC arrived at the club, fella I worked with said that training had been superb and that he felt that he would get more oppertunity under CC, which has most definately been the case

Again - sounds positive :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
03-01-2011, 09:42 PM
No direct sources here but think about this...

His team selections...

He is either being very clever by making all the changes in the last 3 games or he could cause real problems with the dressing room.

Take Galbraith for example - did pretty well against Dundee Utd - against the yams on the bench.

Hart plays against Aberdeen and Utd - then dropped for yams - thought that was a good choice btw.

Stevenson - played well against Dundee Utd - doesn't even make bench v the yams.

See a trend - he has to be careful as you want to play if you play well in the previous game and if he keeps tinkering then he may upset more than he thinks.

I do see it that he is keeping them on their toes and assessing them right now but I would love to hear what he says to the players not making the 16 over the last few weeks.

These two stuck out for me as well.. After United at ER , I was sure that we would be seeing a midfield containing Stevenson , Murray De Graff in the middle with Wotherspoon and Galbriath playing wide..

Trakys was taken off against Aberdeen but started against Hertz.. He may have been injured though..

Dickoh was dropped for United but started against Hertz...

It seems that he doesnt know his best 11 yet but after United , I'm sure that LS , IM and EDG would've fancied there chances of playing on NYD... Unless LS was injured of course..

sesoim
04-01-2011, 02:30 AM

If he has, it aint working. I wonder what the Aberdeen players, by comparison, think of Craig Brown, who has picked up almost as many points as CC in about a third the amount of games. And Aberdeen were in a worse position than us when he took over.

And I wonder what Petrie secretly thinks about the "impact" his latest appointment has made so far.

offshorehibby
04-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Personally i think he's just trying to figure out who's worth a chance and who to bin. Hopefully he's got an idea who he can get rid of now and free some wages up.

Beefster
04-01-2011, 08:09 AM
If he has, it aint working. I wonder what the Aberdeen players, by comparison, think of Craig Brown, who has picked up almost as many points as CC in about a third the amount of games. And Aberdeen were in a worse position than us when he took over.

And I wonder what Petrie secretly thinks about the "impact" his latest appointment has made so far.

You're not a fan of Calderwood's. We get it.

.Sean.
04-01-2011, 11:51 AM
The players really like the pair of them - Apparantly really similar guys. Very respectful and approachable. They're not quiet, just calm. Unlike Yogi, they don't scream and shout to get their points across. In fact, Derek Adams doesn't even swear.

half.time.draw.
04-01-2011, 12:13 PM
It used to suit Gordon Rae and Andy Goram just fine.:partyhibb:devil:

Rod Stewart came in one day, he was related to the owner at the time "Nigel Pew"

Speedway
04-01-2011, 01:44 PM
The players really like the pair of them - Apparantly really similar guys. Very respectful and approachable. They're not quiet, just calm. Unlike Yogi, they don't scream and shout to get their points across. In fact, Derek Adams doesn't even swear.

:agree:

During the warm up on Saturday, Adams wasn't happy with Grounds' application and I heard him say:

'For fudge sake Grounds, get your fetchin arsenal in gear or when we get back to the dressing room I'm going to kick your falkirking teeth down your basket throat you count.'

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2011, 01:46 PM
:agree:

During the warm up on Saturday, Adams wasn't happy with Grounds' application '

I can't really blame Grounds, TBH. Imagine making him do his CV while he's supposed to be working...:rolleyes:

GreenCastle
04-01-2011, 02:35 PM

That has nothing to do with who makes a good coach :confused:

I was more disappointed with Gareth Evans trying to manage the crossing and finishing practice in the warm up before the Derby started - you could tell Deeks was in a hump as the thing was going and looked pish.

BT58
04-01-2011, 02:49 PM
does anyone know if DA ban from touchline is active in the cup too????
maybe we should put DA in charge for cup,and let CC scout for new players down south
has derek still got his lucky jumper,,,,,,,,if so,,get it on fer saturday derek:wink::wink:

OtterHibee
04-01-2011, 02:58 PM
He has to be careful as you want to play if you play well in the previous game and if he keeps tinkering then he may upset more than he thinks.

I'd be inclined to agree with that :agree:

It seems that he doesnt know his best 11 yet but after United , I'm sure that LS , IM and EDG would've fancied there chances of playing on NYD... Unless LS was injured of course..

Nope. Fully fit in fact.