PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates St Midden v Killie Pies

Moulin Yarns
03-01-2011, 03:26 PM
25 minutes gone and it is still no score, but (according to the BBC) Killie having the better chances.

C'mon Mixu's team

Moulin Yarns
03-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Bamba isn't in the Leicester squad, but Makalamby is on the bench for Swansea as is Dobbie

Moulin Yarns
03-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Ivan is on the bench for Bristol City

Moulin Yarns
03-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Half time and it is still 0-0 but Killie have had 8 shots (according to the BBC)

Golden Bear
03-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Killie score!

There is a god after all!

Moulin Yarns
03-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Kelly scores for Killie. :thumbsup:25 minutes to go.

Moulin Yarns
03-01-2011, 04:24 PM
not a bad crowd, over 6000 at the game.

Speedy
03-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Killie score!

There is a god after all!

Get in there :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
03-01-2011, 04:36 PM
2-0 Killie.

Craig Bryson this time with 11 mins to go.

Speedy
03-01-2011, 04:37 PM
2-0 Killie.

Craig Bryson this time with 11 mins to go.

:thumbsup:

flood
03-01-2011, 04:41 PM
not a bad crowd, over 6000 at the game.

2500 Killie fans which is bigger than the OF have taken to SMP this year.

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Up to 10th. :thumbsup::greengrin

grunt
03-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Wonder why Mixu couldn't get Hibs playing like this?

down-the-slope
03-01-2011, 04:49 PM

Table looks much better now :wink:

Its obvious Mixu was never going to make the grade...we were right to punt him :offski:

iwasthere1972
03-01-2011, 04:50 PM

:thumbsup: Don't you just love it when Hibs aren't playing. We need to import tons of snow from Russia and get the next half dozen games at ER postponed. At this rate we'll be in the top six before you can you say "Kyle GTF"

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Moulin Yarns

Aye, and that stupid cup competition will interupt the momentum next week.

seanraff07
The .net Predictor has already got this game down as 0-0 so i've got no points?

But i predicted 2-0 Killie, i'm not getting down out of 3 points :grr::greengrin

seanraff07
03-01-2011, 04:54 PM

But i predicted 2-0 Killie, i'm not getting down out of 3 points :grr::greengrin

Ah, it's fixed now :greengrin

Betty Boop
03-01-2011, 04:56 PM

I heard his pre-match interview, he was emphasising the importance of passing the ball and keeping possession, and that players have no control of the ball if it is punted up in the air. Seems the very opposite of how Hibs played when he was manager.

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2011, 05:01 PM

Different squad of players. :dunno:

Hibercelona
03-01-2011, 05:11 PM
I heard his pre-match interview, he was emphasising the importance of passing the ball and keeping possession, and that players have no control of the ball if it is punted up in the air. Seems the very opposite of how Hibs played when he was manager.

Quite simply...

The players are pish?

Billy Whizz
03-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Quite simply...

The players are pish?

Did he not sign a few of them, Rankin and Nish come to mind?

HibbyAndy
03-01-2011, 05:39 PM

Ill raise you Zarabi...

Albion Hibs
03-01-2011, 05:40 PM

Because we never gave him a chance.

Another Hibs manager / legend that was given 5 mins to appease all comments from all fans.

I hope the board and certain sections of fans are watching.

Removed
03-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Quite simply...

The players are pish?

Everything is simple for you isn't it :rolleyes:

A few hours ago it was simple and all the board's fault. Now it's quite simple and the players are pish.

Gonnae make your mind up :confused:

Hibercelona
03-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Everything is simple for you isn't it :rolleyes:

A few hours ago it was simple and all the board's fault. Now it's quite simple and the players are pish.

Gonnae make your mind up :confused:

Its the boards fault that the players are pish.

Does that make it clear enough for you?

Hibercelona
03-01-2011, 05:54 PM

But would they be as bad as they are now if Mixu was still here?

Rankin and Nish certainly werent poor players before they came to Hibs.

MSK
03-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Does that make it clear enough for you?But nowt to do wi the Manager signing them in the first place ..?:confused:

Sir David Gray
03-01-2011, 05:59 PM

Likewise. :thumbsup:

I really needed that result though as I had only picked up 1 point from the previous 5 matches over this weekend.

Sadly that was from the Hibs match. :boo hoo:

Albion Hibs
03-01-2011, 06:01 PM

I thought that Nish was a JC signing. Mixu def brought in the likes of Bamba, Murray and Riordan.

Three of our best players IMO.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2011, 06:16 PM
I thought that Nish was a JC signing. Mixu def brought in the likes of Bamba, Murray and Riordan.

Three of our best players IMO.

Paatelainen signed Nish as well. :agree:

Albion Hibs
03-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Paatelainen signed Nish as well. :agree:

I did not think that was the case, thought the paper work was done prior to then.

matty_f
03-01-2011, 06:21 PM
I did not think that was the case, thought the paper work was done prior to then.

Wrong.

Mixu even went to the lengths of letting Nish get cup-tied so that he could watch him before making a final yes/no decision.

Luckily he wasn't available for the cup competitions, sadly he still featured in the league. (that's a joke, by the way - before I get slaughtered for having a go).

BEEJ
03-01-2011, 06:41 PM

Ill raise you Zarabi...
And David van Zanten, Joe Keenan, Jonatan Johanssen.....

Why Mixu is apparently a different managerial beast now to the one that was in the ER hot-seat from January 2008 until May 2009 could easily be the subject of a doctoral thesis. Likely to be many different theories.

Removed
03-01-2011, 07:09 PM

Does that make it clear enough for you?

:faf:

It makes one thing crystal clear.

just_joe
03-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Times are hard when your wantin a team like St Mirren to lose.

hibsbollah
03-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Why Mixu is apparently a different managerial beast now to the one that was in the ER hot-seat from January 2008 until May 2009 could easily be the subject of a doctoral thesis. Likely to be many different theories.

:agree: Its a strange one. Its nonsense to suggest that somehow he was a good manager for Hibs let down by his players; he played nonsense tactics, 5-0-5 formation, eye-bleedingly boring long ball game and spoke garbage in the press. I hated the kind of football we were playing.

He now gets Kilmarnock playing a passing game and sounds reasonably intelligent whenever ive heard him speak. It may be he's just tried something different and its worked for him. Maybe he's on performance-enhancing drugs:dunno:

heretoday
03-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I suppose the rest of the season will involve taking pleasure at the misfortunes of St Mirren, Aberdeen and Hamilton rather than matters at the other end of the league. :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
03-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Because we never gave him a chance.

Another Hibs manager / legend that was given 5 mins to appease all comments from all fans.

I hope the board and certain sections of fans are watching.

I agree. I didn't want him to leave but a few poor signings, as well as I believe a frustration, lled to his resignation/mutual consent led to him leaving. I think he was under pressure to get players in and made a few rash signings. I think he'll be back at ER one day!

hibsbollah
03-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I agree. I didn't want him to leave but a few poor signings as well as I believe a frustration led to his resignation/mutual consent led to him leaving. I think he was under pressure to get players in and made a few rash signings. I think he'll be back at ER one day!

I hope not (in a managerial capacity anyway).

truehibernian
03-01-2011, 09:32 PM
:agree: Its a strange one. Its nonsense to suggest that somehow he was a good manager for Hibs let down by his players; he played nonsense tactics, 5-0-5 formation, eye-bleedingly boring long ball game and spoke garbage in the press. I hated the kind of football we were playing.

He now gets Kilmarnock playing a passing game and sounds reasonably intelligent whenever ive heard him speak. It may be he's just tried something different and its worked for him. Maybe he's on performance-enhancing drugs:dunno:

Maybe Mixu is learning the art of management and learning from his mistakes at previous clubs. It's a chicken and egg scenario for us Hibs fans, but Mixu wanted the game played the right way, just not side to side and including unnecessary passing at the back, going nowhere. Totally agree with you that at times it was not nice on the eye but we were certainly not as open and we rarely conceded as many goals against the so called "weaker sides". He was just learning the trade IMHO. The appointment of Hughes is/has been our downfall in more than a footballing sense. Mixu was introducing discipline and teamwork.

I would cite this as a good example. Bamba and Hanlon scored against Utd midweek and only a few of the players ran to congratulate. I found that not only odd but indicative of the current side. They are all individuals out for themselves, no real drive or purpose. Even when we won against Well I was surprised at the fact that only a few players gave Derek a pat on the back and really looked delighted.

Cast your mind back to Fletch equalizing against Aberdeen, when the team were on a poor run, and the whole side running to the corner flag and engulfing him. There was a togetherness. Even Mixu's face in the stand, under all the pressure, was one of grit and determination.

Perhaps Hibs would have benefited from Mixu using Killie or another club first as a stepping stone, who knows.

I am delighted for the big guy. Absolutely loved his time at Hibs. Wanted to take Hibs forward, wasn't being given the resources financially to do it. That's my take on it. Both his seasons he was without Zemmama for the most part, and he was trying to get rid of the deadwood that JC had left him with.

That is exactly why I feel heart sorry for Calderwood at present. He must be itching to get his own players in, rid the club of the players he sees as underperformers and wasters. The danger he has however is that the club finds itself in the lower reaches of the league, so every decision he makes is crucial to the survival in the SPL.

Newhaven
03-01-2011, 10:24 PM
2500 Killie fans which is bigger than the OF have taken to SMP this year.

Do Killie have 2,500 away fans

Was there special admission prices for this game?

hibsbollah
03-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Maybe Mixu is learning the art of management and learning from his mistakes at previous clubs

Thats my guess.

flood
03-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Do Killie have 2,500 away fans

Was there special admission prices for this game?

no cut price entry. Just a lot of fans enjoying the way the team are playing:wink: Would have been more if the tickets had not sold out.