PDA

View Full Version : Dnipro Appeal Turnstile Collection - Volunteers Needed

StevieC
03-01-2011, 01:39 PM
The Dnipro Appeal has been given permission to carry out a bucket collection at the Hibernian v Celtic match on Saturday the 15th of January.

For this to be a success we need as many volunteers as possible to shake a bucket at the turnstiles, for around 30 minutes prior to the game.

The game is scheduled for a 12pm kick-off and buckets can be collected from 11am onwards adjacent to the club shop.

I cannot stress enough how important these collections are to the charity funds and how much of a contribution volunteers make to the ongoing efforts of the Dnipro Appeal charity.

If you are able to help out then contact me directly and I will provide further details.

Many thanks.

:scarf: :applause: :scarf:

StevieC
04-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Anyone?

:dunno:

StevieC
07-01-2011, 01:09 PM
:pray:

StevieC
09-01-2011, 11:03 AM
I appreciate that most are currently feeling like they dont want to be anywhere near Easter Road on a match day, I'm feeling the same way to be honest, but the Dnipro Appeal are still at least 10 volunteers short of a successful collection next week, and it would be great if some supporters could see there way to turning up a little earlier and shaking a bucket for 30 minutes.

Thanks in advance.

Mister P
09-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Stevie, I've left you a voicemail (might be an old number had from the Gramo in beans gig).

Me n the missus are having a huge clearout and we have amassed a large pile of kids clothes, from 12 months to 3 years. thought they might be of use for sending over to the orphanage??

let me know asap if they're any good to you mate.

StevieC
09-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Stevie, I've left you a voicemail (might be an old number had from the Gramo in beans gig).

Me n the missus are having a huge clearout and we have amassed a large pile of kids clothes, from 12 months to 3 years. thought they might be of use for sending over to the orphanage??

let me know asap if they're any good to you mate.

Thanks for the offer but ages start at around 5 years at the orphanages, and we have also had to stop sending out clothes because of increasing courier costs.

Nothing on voicemail, which is strange because I've had the same number for around 20 years.

:dunno:

StevieC
13-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Still at least half a dozen volunteers short for the turnstile collection.

I know that the weather isn't the best but it's only for about 30 minutes pre-match, we wont expect anyone to miss any of the game.

down-the-slope
13-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Right I know none of those organising the charity would use blackmail.....emotional persuasion....I on the other hand have no problem doing so :wink:

I took my daughter to the orthadontist this morning..very good quality treatment in a very well equiped environment...mid way through session 'dad' was asked to sign the paper work...on the way home my daughter asked why I was signing something (she is very bright and misses nothing)...cue long conversation / explination about the NHS / taxation / free at point of delivery etc.....

However the point is...something as simple as my unimpressive signature entitled my daughter to the best of treatment...we don't know how lucky we are. I have never been in Dnipro...but have been in similar places (Favelas in Brazil) where life can be changed / saved / given treatment for less than most of us spent on food and drink at a match....

Those like me with kids particularly..think how little an hour of your time on saturday and maybe missing a couple of pints is worth compared to what it could do for the kids the charity seeks to help.......email Stevie...get a bucket...do your bit...and count your and your kids blessings for having been born where you / they were....

:aok:

Pretty Boy
13-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Won't be able to help out myself this Saturday as i'm really pushed for time but give me a shout in the future and i'll be more than happy to help.

I work for a charity so i can put the word round a few of my regular volunteers and see if any of them are able to help out. Not promising anything but i'll certainly put the word out and let you knowtommorow.

StevieC
13-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Thanks. :thumbsup: