PDA

View Full Version : away fans standing

HH81
03-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Last few days I have attended 2 football matches. First I went to huddersfield v hartlepool and most of the away fans stood up. Poor game glad it was free. Now yesterday I went to wigan v Newcastle and again none of the away fans sat down. If they allow this why are we not getting safe standing? Both sets of away fans sang all game and it was enjoyable. Ps we should sing some versions of Newcastle songs they are class!

down-the-slope
03-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Last few days I have attended 2 football matches. First I went to huddersfield v hartlepool and most of the away fans stood up. Poor game glad it was free. Now yesterday I went to wigan v Newcastle and again none of the away fans sat down. If they allow this why are we not getting safe standing? Both sets of away fans sang all game and it was enjoyable. Ps we should sing some versions of Newcastle songs they are class!

As I did at Tynecastle...now finding it annoying that its seems OK (or ignored at least) for away fans to stand - and create a better atmoshpere - but not for home fans :dummytit:

Watch on Saturday...Ayr will bring a really decent support (men women & children) wil stand and will make a noise for most of the game...stops the place eing like a morge...

I don't want to go back to the old dangerous / filthy / penned in / crushing days....but its either dangerous and should be stopped...or if it could be OK it should be designed (like Germany) to be specifically for the purpose and as safe a design can practically make it

Moulin Yarns
03-01-2011, 11:56 AM
As I did at Tynecastle...now finding it annoying that its seems OK (or ignored at least) for away fans to stand - and create a better atmoshpere - but not for home fans :dummytit:

Watch on Saturday...Ayr will bring a really decent support (men women & children) wil stand and will make a noise for most of the game...stops the place eing like a morge...

I don't want to go back to the old dangerous / filthy / penned in / crushing days....but its either dangerous and should be stopped...or if it could be OK it should be designed (like Germany) to be specifically for the purpose and as safe a design can practically make it

I had this very conversation with my wife. we were listening to a programme about the Ibrox disaster and she reckons standing at games is inherently dangerous as there could easily be a crush, as at Hillsborough, but I argued that the danger came about because there was no control of numbers in those situations. Nowadays there is the technology to control numbers allowed into standing sections.

LancashireHibby
03-01-2011, 12:18 PM

I got the impression off here (and when I was at the November derby) that the stewards had stopped trying to get people to sit down, or at least at the back of the East?

RIP
03-01-2011, 02:43 PM
In the Singing Section we stand the whole game

Wots the problem?

down-the-slope
03-01-2011, 03:15 PM
I got the impression off here (and when I was at the November derby) that the stewards had stopped trying to get people to sit down, or at least at the back of the East?

They certainly seem to be making less effort to stop it in the rear of East (singing section)