PDA

View Full Version : Goalkeeper(s)

hibeeliam
03-01-2011, 02:01 AM
should we look to add another keeper to the squad or just keep brown, smith and stack?

.Sean.
03-01-2011, 02:10 AM
Nope. Brown no 1, keep smith or stack as no 2 and tam flynn as deputy. Gk is the only position were relatively sound in

Dunbar Hibee
03-01-2011, 02:18 AM
Nope. Brown no 1, keep smith or stack as no 2 and tam flynn as deputy. Gk is the only position were relatively sound in

Can't argue with that. though my choice would be

1- Brown
2- Stack
3-Flynn
4- Smith

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Damn right we should. Stacks never fit, Smith is Zibi in disguise, and Flynn is still a kid. We need 2 good keepers fighting for the position, we dont have that at the moment.

down-the-slope
03-01-2011, 09:58 AM
in a word yes

bye bye Smith & Stack Hopefully - not nearly good enough

Dashing Bob S
03-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Smith and Stack, I think, are on their way out. As has been said, one is always crap, the other always injured. I feel sorry for stack as he's a decent goalie and a character, but as the Hibs sticksman job involves a lot of bending to pick the ball out of the net, we simply can't afford a keeper with a bad back.

I reckon CC will wait till the end of the season and bring in a new keeper to challenge Brown.

PeterboroHibee
03-01-2011, 10:00 AM
We only need 2 first team keepers, and then Flynn for real emergencies. Dont think Stack or Smith are particularly good competition for Brown, but think we would need to see them moving on before any more are brought in.

JimBHibees
03-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I suppose the issue is whether we can get rid of Smith or Stack now rather than when their contract runs out. We could probably do with Brown and Smith until the end of the season.