PDA

View Full Version : New Years Day Game

Ants
02-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Well folks, it was refreshing to have a game on New Years Day.
It brought back alot of memories, hammered/jolly fun/pissshed radges/some fruitful songs etc, etc.
There were no major occurances (that I have heard of) of violence, bad behaviour or drunkness.

TIME TO REINSTATE THE EDINBURGH NEW YEARS DAY DERBY.

LancashireHibby
02-01-2011, 08:10 PM
If the trains are as kind as they were yesterday then it'll do for me. Suppose it all comes down to the TV.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2011, 08:25 PM
It's no use for out of town fans with no trains being on.

I was actually quite excited when I heard that the New Year derby had been brought back this season but it did feel strange not having the family round on the 1st and having to do it today instead. Unlike many I would imagine, I actually do enjoy having the family round on Christmas Day and New Year's Day.

It's also a bit of a bummer having to get up so early, having been out the night before for Hogmanay.

It probably won't be much of a permanent fixture anyway if they reintroduce the winter break in a couple of years.

Ants
02-01-2011, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=FalkirkHibee;2676910]It's no use for out of town fans with no trains being on.[QUOTE]

There are other means of transport, organise a bus, share a car pool, drive through or even stay the night with some of the big rollers within the Hibs.net fraternity........

Understand what you are saying, even within the city there were transportation problems, but most folk managed.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2011, 08:47 PM
There are other means of transport, organise a bus, share a car pool, drive through or even stay the night with some of the big rollers within the Hibs.net fraternity........

Understand what you are saying, even within the city there were transportation problems, but most folk managed.

I managed as well as someone drove through in the car but it meant that they couldn't have a drink on Hogmanay.

It was good as a one off special, as it was the first 1st January derby in 13 years, but I'm not certain that I would want it every year.

However, I do think that Hearts should always be our first opponents of every calendar year. Just maybe on the 2nd or 3rd in the future though. :agree:

Ants
02-01-2011, 09:03 PM
However, I do think that Hearts should always be our first opponents of every calendar year. Just maybe on the 2nd or 3rd in the future though. :agree:

Well, we cannae sing that infamous song about them if they didnae get f***** on New Years Day.

Hearing it being sung again yesterday (pity it was them them, thanks to Dickov/Nish :hide:), it brought back good memories of the past...
Its 1 important game to win, its 1 song to sing, it cannae be beaten.
Always next year though.

Removed
02-01-2011, 09:19 PM
First for me every time and make at 3pm. **** the tv. Sick of sky and espn ruining it for the paying spectator.