PDA

View Full Version : NHC parking restrictions in edinburgh (apologies admins)

joejoefaemexico
02-01-2011, 07:34 PM
obviously the main board gets much more coverage than where this should really be, 5 mins is all i'm asking for.

does anybody know for definite if tomorrow is considered a bank holiday and therefore parking restrictions are lifted?

tried the council website and cant find out for definite.

thanks for any help!

Phil D. Rolls
02-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Definitely no restrictions, a bloke in the pub told me. :agree::greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2011, 07:37 PM
obviously the main board gets much more coverage than where this should really be, 5 mins is all i'm asking for.

does anybody know for definite if tomorrow is considered a bank holiday and therefore parking restrictions are lifted?

tried the council website and cant find out for definite.

thanks for any help!

I don't think there are any restrictions on Bank Holidays anymore. There used to be in the 90s but I'm sure they stopped it.

Gala Foxes
02-01-2011, 07:37 PM
plenty of space to park in Edinburgh just in between our two centre halves - most teams are able to drive a bus through the available space on a regular basis

bighairyfaeleith
02-01-2011, 07:39 PM
plenty of space to park in Edinburgh just in between our two centre halves - most teams are able to drive a bus through the available space on a regular basis

aye but petrie will nae let you park there for free:wink:

Gala Foxes
02-01-2011, 07:41 PM
aye but petrie will nae let you park there for free:wink:

think Petrie must have sold some of the SPL teams a permit this season

oregonhibby
02-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Look on Edinburgh Council Website. Parking restrictions apply tomorrow.

Twiglet
02-01-2011, 07:49 PM
According to the parking metres they're on. The only days they're suspended are Christmas day, boing day, January 1st and Easter Monday. On other bank holidays I've seen wardens about, and I'm sure I saw some last Monday.

If you're going into town, I usually park in Albion Road during the week, not too far from Princes St and no restrictions.

joejoefaemexico
02-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Look on Edinburgh Council Website. Parking restrictions apply tomorrow.

much obliged gents! entertaining and informative.

(tried edin council website but couldn't find what i was looking for).