PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting in ?

Skol
02-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Anyone else have bother with their ticket ?

I got in fine, my son behind me was stopped and when I realised he wasnt with me I turned back. Guy on the turnstyle said his ticket was fake and I had to go to the office to sort it out. I said it wasnt fake, was the seat beside mine and I got in OK. Need to go to the Ticket Office to sort it out. I asked if I can go out and back in and he said no.....so my son would ha ve to go on his own. When I started to make a fuss he referred me to a head turnstyle type guy who said to try a different turnstyle and this time the ticket scanned OK.

Dunno what the first guys problem was.

ronaldo7
02-01-2011, 06:59 PM
The guy operating the hand held scanner at the turnstyle we were going through tried 5 times before it let me through. It's just a blip:greengrin

sundo1875
02-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Don't see the point in the scanners. Sometimes they don't work and what was wrong with the old method

Removed
02-01-2011, 07:15 PM
My biggest worry was actually fitting through the turnstiles :bitchy:

hibb1
02-01-2011, 08:09 PM
My biggest worry was actually fitting through the turnstiles :bitchy:
lol yeah mate with us struggled to get through,Whole stand is a dump portaloos dodgy food stall and pissing in sinks all part of the Big Team experiance :greengrin

LancashireHibby
02-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Don't see the point in the scanners. Sometimes they don't work and what was wrong with the old method

The Yams must have been photocopying their tickets, though nice to say they hadn't splashed out enough cash to have the new turnstiles put in to link the barcode readers.

Ants
02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Heard a rumour last week stating that this game may be in doubt.
Could not believe that we are in the 21st century and they had opted for the 18th century Portaloo fix.

If the game was not on the 1st and live on TV, health and safety/environmental would have the powers to close that stand down.

Hibercelona
02-01-2011, 09:17 PM
The term "Technical Hitch" comes to mind. :greengrin

Www1875hfc
02-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Could not believe that we are in the 21st century and they had opted for the 18th century Portaloo fix.

If the game was not on the 1st and live on TV, health and safety/environmental would have the powers to close that stand down.

:agree:
I spoke wi 1 o the guys that forks the pitch at half time,and he said exactly the same as the bit in bold.

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2011, 10:01 PM

So ESPN outrank Health & Safety?

CropleyWasGod
02-01-2011, 10:16 PM
So ESPN outrank Health & Safety?

It would seem so.

The toilet thing really offended me. When my oldest went to ER for the first time, over 20 years ago, he was really upset cos there was nowhere to wash his hands in the toilet. That thought came back to me yesterday when I saw so many guys pissing in the sinks. My thoughts on them are pretty low, but one might argue they had no option.

If that had been the Usher Hall, there is no way the place would have been allowed to open.

son of haggart
02-01-2011, 10:30 PM
lol yeah mate with us struggled to get through,Whole stand is a dump portaloos dodgy food stall and pissing in sinks all part of the Big Team experiance :greengrin

We're all thinner than you - we avoid the dodgy food stalls through experience and don't eat or drink before the games so we don't have to use the bogs.

CropleyWasGod
02-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Believe it or not I saw a guy piss in a sink yesterday and he gave his hands a quick splash under the cold tap:greengrin

:greengrin Have to say, out of instinct, I almost went for the taps myself. It was the gag reflex that stopped me lol

Removed
02-01-2011, 11:01 PM
I got in sharp at HT and folk were just pissing against the wall. The place should be condemned.

hibb1
02-01-2011, 11:03 PM
We're all thinner than you - we avoid the dodgy food stalls through experience and don't eat or drink before the games so we don't have to use the bogs.

Nah twas a mate needing pushing through:greengrin seriously are the home gates as tight or is it a piss take wi the all round 70's facilities:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Nah twas a mate needing pushing through:greengrin seriously are the home gates as tight or is it a piss take wi the all round 70's facilities:confused:

Think it's like that in the big stand as well - was in there for the semi in 2007.

I don't think it's designed to annoy the away fans - it used to be the home end back in the days when everyone was a wee bit skinnier. :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-01-2011, 11:32 PM

No. No.

You are all fatter than us, have moustaches, tight perms and wear polyester....

:greengrin

danhibees1875
03-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Think it's like that in the big stand as well - was in there for the semi in 2007.

I don't think it's designed to annoy the away fans - it used to be the home end back in the days when everyone was a wee bit skinnier. :greengrin

:agree:

A couple hearts fans chose to get their ticket scanned then go back and through a main gate rather than squeeze through the turnstyles.

As for the scanners, they are rather tempramental - it wasn't that the guy had any sort of vendetta against your son :greengrin

And the Roseburn stand has had problems to do with running water for weeks(Their game vs. Aberdeen a few weeks back was almost called off because of it)