PDA

View Full Version : The R word

Spike Mandela
02-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Good result for St Johnstone today beating ICT.

Starting to look like it's between ourselves, Aberdeen, St Mirren and Hamilton for the old dogfight:boo hoo:

The_Todd
02-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Think Aberdeen have turned a corner, and I wouldn't expect them to be in the fight for much longer.

mim
02-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Think Aberdeen have turned a corner, and I wouldn't expect them to be in the fight for much longer.

Correct.
Paw Broon will make sure they're safe enough.

Spike Mandela
02-01-2011, 04:01 PM

Not sure, they can be pretty inconsistent and are prone to the odd clanger as well

Golden Bear
02-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Good result for St Johnstone today beating ICT.

Starting to look like it's between ourselves, Aberdeen, St Mirren and Hamilton for the old dogfight:boo hoo:

:agree:

It should make for an exciting and nerve jangling end of season.

:worried:

Dashing Bob S
02-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Agree with the posters who think that Paw has too much juice in the tank not to haul A'deen away.

What worries me about St.Mirren and Hamilton is not their level of ability - they are poor sides - but the fact that they are battlers and we ain't. Those tend to be sides that stay up.

If we're continuing to leak quality (Bamba, possibly Miller, Riordan) then our potion to play out of trouble becomes limited.

Unless CC get a pair a scrapers in this Jan then could be big trouble in little china.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Agree with the posters who think that Paw has too much juice in the tank not to haul A'deen away.

What worries me about St.Mirren and Hamilton is not their level of ability - they are poor sides - but the fact that they are battlers and we ain't. Those tend to be sides that stay up.

If we're continuing to leak quality (Bamba, possibly Miller, Riordan) then our potion to play out of trouble becomes limited.

Unless CC get a pair a scrapers in this Jan then could be big trouble in little china.

We have scrappers, but they have very little ability to go with it. The players that come in just have to be better than we currently have imo.

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 04:44 PM

:agree: Plus Hamilton are 'debt-free' and will have cash to spend on supplementing their squad during this window.

essexhibee
02-01-2011, 05:34 PM
I think we will stay up based on the fact that Accies are just that little bit worse than us.