PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon and the minute's silence.

Toaods
02-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Watched the Ibrox Disaster silence to see if teh Celtic fans were capable of showing a bit of class.

They did without doubt, but anyone notice Lennon coming out of the tunnel after it?

Wonder if he was told by the cops to go for the low profile ??

WindyMiller
02-01-2011, 02:01 PM
I'd have thought it would have been better if he'd been seen to respect the silence, although that would have angered some Celtc fans.

I'm sure the sound was turned down and I don't recall the cameras showing the Celtc fans during it.

Iggy Pope
02-01-2011, 02:32 PM
I'd have thought it would have been better if he'd been seen to respect the silence, although that would have angered some Celtc fans.

I'm sure the sound was turned down and I don't recall the cameras showing the Celtc fans during it.

And turned up again in perfect split second synchronicity with the referee's whistle at the end.
Give yourself a shake man.

JimBHibees
02-01-2011, 03:40 PM

Why would it anger Celtc fans their manager respecting a silence commerating a disaster which claimed 66 innocent lives. :confused:

CropleyWasGod
02-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Why would it anger Celtc fans their manager respecting a silence commerating a disaster which claimed 66 innocent lives. :confused:

Why is the sky blue?

Where does God live?

When will Hibs win the Cup?

Don't ask such bloody impossible questions FFS!

:cool2:

Removed
02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Why is the sky blue?

Where does God live?

Two of those aren't impossible :wink:

dp00
02-01-2011, 03:50 PM
lennon just said on tv that he was late for silence doing interview and he never wanted to walk out tunnel during it thats why he was late

Sas_The_Hibby
02-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Why is the sky blue?

Where does God live?

1) Because if it wasn't, Coventry City would have a pointless nickname.

2) Milton Keynes - and everywhere else, as (s)he's (allegedly) omnipresent

3) This is a meaningless question because it postulates that Hibs could actually win it some time, which we all know is impossible, according to the laws of physics.

So only question 3 is impossible to answer.

Ants
02-01-2011, 09:50 PM
I honestly do not think that any microphones were turned down.
100% observed.
For the sake of Scottish Football, hope Im right....,

ScottB
02-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Why is the sky blue?

Where does God live?

1. The sky is blue due to the light refracting through our atmosphere.

2. Have you seen the way we are playing at the moment? Do you still think there is a God?? :wink:

3. Never, cause if there is a God, he hates us :cool2:

hibbysam
03-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Rangers mates of mine said it was impeccable, so no muted microphones etc, although there was one typical tim that didnt realise that you were to wait for the whistle before clapping and ended up clapping and shouting through it although was told he was quickly told to shut it by his own support, so although i hate lennon and celtic with a passion nothing in this at all:agree:

blueisthecolour
03-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Rangers mates of mine said it was impeccable, so no muted microphones etc, although there was one typical tim that didnt realise that you were to wait for the whistle before clapping and ended up clapping and shouting through it although was told he was quickly told to shut it by his own support, so although i hate lennon and celtic with a passion nothing in this at all:agree:

It was observed very well by most, although some decided to have a coughing fit, I know sometimes you have to cough but this group who had to cough were funnily enough sat in close proximity to each other and it was like musical coughs, one after the other, and the one idiot who decided to do a slow clap was told to stop straight away by another celtic fan.

Today a service was held at Ibrox which was well attended by both Rangers and celtic fans, The Rangers team was there some old players John Greig, Sandy Jardine, Billy Mcneil, John Reid laid a wreith, Peter Lawell and Neil Lennon were also in attendance.

Brando7
03-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Funny how people try and make something out of nothing :rolleyes:

monktonharp
03-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Rangers mates of mine said it was impeccable, so no muted microphones etc, although there was one typical tim that didnt realise that you were to wait for the whistle before clapping and ended up clapping and shouting through it although was told he was quickly told to shut it by his own support, so although i hate lennon and celtic with a passion nothing in this at all:agree:but you mentioned typical tim? our fans are not immune to having silly moments

hibbysam
04-01-2011, 12:47 AM
but you mentioned typical tim? our fans are not immune to having silly moments

i meant by typical tim as in he was that stupid he didnt realise you had to wait until the whistle to start clapping... i know all teams have stupid fans in amongst them.. some worse than others but i think our fans are pretty sensible when it comes to things like this... i only remember one memorial ruined by ours in my 18 years and that was mercers and to me that was deserved! :agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
04-01-2011, 10:52 AM
lennon just said on tv that he was late for silence doing interview and he never wanted to walk out tunnel during it thats why he was late

This makes sense, but others here will see it differently....