PDA

View Full Version : Scott Dobie

eastmainsmsh
02-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Played at forest with Calderwood in charge .... Ex international plenty experience decent player ...Although released by St Johnstone one Signing i could see CC making also Myrie-Williams Released as well worth a punt :confused:

The_Horde
02-01-2011, 01:05 AM
If we sign any of those guys i would seriously consider not returning to ER next season.

RickyS
02-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Played at forest with Calderwood in charge .... Ex international plenty experience decent player ...Although released by St Johnstone one Signing i could see CC making also Myrie-Williams Released as well worth a punt :confused:

was a few on here (inc me) who said we should gamble on him after Utd let him go. he would certainly help in the pace dept.

Dunbar Hibee
02-01-2011, 02:00 AM
Myrie-Williams as a rotational player maybe. Not Dobie.

Devine
02-01-2011, 02:08 AM
St Johnstone rejects....ohh yes please get a grip!

booshsutton
02-01-2011, 02:37 AM
No thanks

eastmainsmsh
02-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Its amazing what the Beer does to you :na na: scuse for wasting the space on the forum :wink:......but The players mentioned seem like pele when we have to suffer pish every week GGTTH

MontrealHibs
02-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Have you ever seen this donkey play?

He scored 3 goals in 41 games at Forrest. His best ever spell was 3 in 16 at Millwall.

He has a strike rate that makes Colin Nish look like a superstar.

jdships
02-01-2011, 10:02 AM
St Johnstone rejects....ohh yes please get a grip!

:top marks
Can't think of anything to add - says it all :thumbsup:

Shrekko
02-01-2011, 10:51 AM
:top marks
Can't think of anything to add - says it all :thumbsup:

I like your style jdships (ex player).

Whenever you disagree with an opinion the poster you disagree with is a 'wannabe manager' but when you agree you're rolling out the 10/10 smiley. :wink:

I'd have thought as an expert you wouldn't simply write a player off because he didn't fit in at a certain club?

He wouldn't be my first choice but I reckon Myrie-Williams could give us something we lack- pace and skill in midfield. A short term upgrade on our current inadequate incumbents such as Rankin and Stevenson maybe?

In case you hadn't realised St.Johnstone currently OWN Hibs.

jdships
02-01-2011, 12:08 PM

Whenever you disagree with an opinion the poster you disagree with is a 'wannabe manager' but when you agree you're rolling out the 10/10 smiley. :wink:

I'd have thought as an expert you wouldn't simply write a player off because he didn't fit in at a certain club?

He wouldn't be my first choice but I reckon Myrie-Williams could give us something we lack- pace and skill in midfield. A short term upgrade on our current inadequate incumbents such as Rankin and Stevenson maybe?

No way am I /claim to be an expert on football matters but just as you are am entitled to express my opinion :agree:
Where am I "writing off " the player because he was with St J ?
For what it's worth it was Jimmy Crapnell , at St J, who gave me " my chance" in 1950
You need to lighten up a bit old son ! :wink:
If you read my posts where I "disagree" with "wanabee managers" it is always done tongue in cheek with a smiley.
Also should you again care to check my posts you will note not ONCE have I ever criticised a manager of Hibernian FC.
Ir's a job I wiuld never ever have worked at
Re Dobbie .
My point was that given he is 32 years old has played for Carlisle United, Clydebank, West Bromwich Albion, Millwall Nottingham Forest.and St Johnstone making a total of 394 appearnces and scoring just 67 goals he , in my opinion, surely as a "centre forward" cannot add much quality to the ER squad

As for Myrie -Williams , have never seen him play so really cannot comment
However, given he has played 120 games for eight clubs in four years , scoring 10 goals , that doesn't lead me to think there is any potential improvement on what we have
at ER at present.

:flag:

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 12:16 PM

We have to be looking higher than picking up St. Johnstone's cast-offs.

Were it to happen, that signing would be a strong indication that CC does not have the network of contacts in the game that Hibs desperately need just now.

I'm quite prepared for us to pick up a player from SFL 1 who has the potential to play at a higher level. But not a footballing journeyman who is odds on to be on his way down the divisions.

Shrekko
02-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Jdships,

You absolutely are entitled to your opinion, it's just I've noticed you being condescending to others whose opinions you obviously disagree with.

You gave 10/10 to someone who made a blanket statement about 'St.Johnstone rejects'.

I'm not actually suggesting that we go for Myrie-Williams, although its possible that a player of that type may be suited to our big pitch. The point I'm making is that we are not in a position to be so dismissive of any club/player. In recent games we've had guys like Thicot and Stevenson come in and do better than the players they've replaced- do you think fans of other SPL clubs would be licking their lips if they were being linked to that pair? I think not, and we need a reality check before being so snobby. Wasn't the boy Stevenson the boy who Hearts signed a St.Johnstone
reject?

Dashing Bob S
02-01-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't like the idea of having players with double-barreled names at ER.

Wilson
02-01-2011, 03:07 PM

Loads of guys are doing it. It is progressive.

booshsutton
02-01-2011, 03:27 PM

What about players with only one name? Ronaldo, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Nisho

jdships
02-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Jdships,

You absolutely are entitled to your opinion, it's just I've noticed you being condescending to others whose opinions you obviously disagree with.

You gave 10/10 to someone who made a blanket statement about 'St.Johnstone rejects'.

I'm not actually suggesting that we go for Myrie-Williams, although its possible that a player of that type may be suited to our big pitch. The point I'm making is that we are not in a position to be so dismissive of any club/player. In recent games we've had guys like Thicot and Stevenson come in and do better than the players they've replaced- do you think fans of other SPL clubs would be licking their lips if they were being linked to that pair? I think not, and we need a reality check before being so snobby. Wasn't the boy Stevenson the boy who Hearts signed a St.Johnstone
reject?

You really are having a "laff" surely ? :confused:
How am I being condescending ?
Are you not being somewhat patronising - " I like your style jdships (ex player)."

All I am doing is giving my opinion as you are
Using the same criteria , are you therefore not then being just as condescending ?
Again how does " being so snobby" come into it ?
Personally , through my ,albeit short , connection with the club , the St Johnston score is the first I look for after Hibs .
Surely Hibernian FC should set their sights higher than players with track records loke the rwo you mentioned .
I would be a wee bit concerned if Hibs were to sign players with similar career records as Dobie/Myrie-Williams,

By all means exercise your right to give your opinion but please don't criticise others for doing the same .
This is a discussion forum in case you have forgotten .!!

:flag:

Harpandcastle
02-01-2011, 07:55 PM

What a ludicrous statement.