PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Deeks next to go??? (merged)

IWasThere2016
02-01-2011, 12:53 AM
Eskisehirspor Forum says he'll be in Turkey next week to sign?!?!? (http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=tr&u=http://www.eskisehirspor.com/forum/forum_posts.asp%3FTID%3D3369%26PID%3D769282&ei=4b8fTdLpNdS0hAer7KG3Dg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DEskisehirspor.com%2Bforum%2B%252B%2BR iordan%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GGLL_en%26prmd%3Divnsfd)

Page 173 of their forum.

MSK
02-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Ah well ...if its on page 173 it must be on ...:agree:

BroxburnHibee
02-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Must be true then eh.

Dearie me you're getting desperate. :rolleyes:

Pete
02-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Eskisehirspor Forum says he'll be in Turkey next week to sign?!?!? (http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=tr&u=http://www.eskisehirspor.com/forum/forum_posts.asp%3FTID%3D3369%26PID%3D769282&ei=4b8fTdLpNdS0hAer7KG3Dg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DEskisehirspor.com%2Bforum%2B%252B%2BR iordan%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7GGLL_en%26prmd%3Divnsfd)

Page 173 of their forum.

Are you sure?

SteveHFC
02-01-2011, 01:01 AM
If Deeko leaves. We are f*****.

Hibercelona
02-01-2011, 01:02 AM
Turkish calendar thread.... :yawn:

Speedway
02-01-2011, 01:04 AM
If Deeko leaves. We are f*****.

Why? we've only ever won trophies when he's not been a Hibs player.

matty_f
02-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Turkishclub.net says it's on, linking to a thread on... hibs.net!

Aw well, nice knowing you Deeks! :boo hoo:

SteveHFC
02-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Why? we've only ever won trophies when he's not been a Hibs player.

That would leave us with Nish,Duffy and Trakys upfront. I think we will really struggle even more without him. If he goes.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2011, 01:13 AM
Must be true then eh.

Dearie me you're getting desperate. :rolleyes:

Was it the Greggs or all the ?!?!? that made you think I said/thought it was true? :faf:

jackhfc
02-01-2011, 01:20 AM
That would leave us with Nish,Duffy and Trakys upfront. I think we will really struggle without him. If he goes.

Struggle even more*:wink:

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 01:21 AM
That would leave us with Nish,Duffy and Trakys upfront. I think we will really struggle without him. If he goes.
... plus Byrne. :wink:

And if Deeks was to leave I would imagine CC would bring in another striker in this window.

MSK
02-01-2011, 01:23 AM
Was it the Greggs or all the ?!?!? that made you think I said/thought it was true? :faf:What are your Turkish contacts saying G ..?

Judas Iscariot
02-01-2011, 01:27 AM
What are your Turkish contacts saying G ..?

Chilli sauce?

BroxburnHibee
Was it the Greggs or all the ?!?!? that made you think I said/thought it was true? :faf:

Aye alright G :hilarious

SteveHFC

And if Deeks was to leave I would imagine CC would bring in another striker in this window.

I forget about him.

MSK
02-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Chilli sauce?:greengrin

eastmainsmsh
02-01-2011, 01:49 AM

I reckon we might be looking at Scott Dobie been released by St Johnstone

RickyS
02-01-2011, 02:08 AM
I reckon we might be looking at Scott Dobie been released by St Johnstone

dont know much about the guy but the sentence "released by St Johnstone" does not fill me with confidence

Dunbar Hibee
02-01-2011, 02:58 AM
That would leave us with Nish,Duffy and Trakys upfront. I think we will really struggle even more without him. If he goes.

:hilarious

Andy74
02-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Griffiths is meant to be the new Riordan is he not? Might be the plan?

hibee4life1983
02-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Griff and deek would link up well

BT58
02-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Griffiths is meant to be the new Riordan is he not? Might be the plan?

Who's this guy???
Another Newcastle loanee ????

Wilson
02-01-2011, 04:37 PM

Deek is a striker. I don't see him in the Mel Smith role.

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Who's this guy???
Another Newcastle loanee ????
Leigh.

You know Hibs supporter playing for Dundee FC. Currently interesting Championship sides, apparently. And the Yams (according to the P&J).

SidBurns
02-01-2011, 04:38 PM
He'll not go to Turkey but heard a wee rumour today he is off to Rankers

The_Todd
02-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Google translate made a pigs ear of that. Reading it made my eyes bleed more than our performances of late.

Bostonhibby
02-01-2011, 04:50 PM

:greengrin Easy mistake to make, if it had been on page 172 I would have regarded it as a done deal.

Don't even know if Deeks likes turkey, or if he is a chicken man, so I will wait for the ER Fishman to emerge from his break and pronounce on the subject.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2011, 05:08 PM
:greengrin Easy mistake to make, if it had been on page 172 I would have regarded it as a done deal

:greengrin He's mentioned on pg169 onwards - you worried yet? :wink:

BT58
02-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Leigh.

You know Hibs supporter playing for Dundee FC. Currently interesting Championship sides, apparently. And the Yams (according to the P&J).

Aha,,,,,,,,,,ooops
But that would mean a fee
Maybe we could offer 2 for 1

Bostonhibby
02-01-2011, 06:09 PM
:greengrin He's mentioned on pg169 onwards - you worried yet? :wink:

That's good enough for me, apparently theres a genuine Turkish fan posting in the Deeks on his way out thread as well, probably runs a kebab shop in Gorgie, but I am up for it, slow news day :wink:

IWasThere2016
02-01-2011, 06:10 PM
That's good enough for me, apparently theres a genuine Turkish fan posting in the Deeks on his way out thread as well, probably runs a kebab shop in Gorgie, but I am up for it, slow news day :wink:

They have the interweb in Gorgie!?! Whatever next? :greengrin

Bostonhibby
02-01-2011, 06:12 PM
They have the interweb in Gorgie!?! Whatever next? :greengrin

Turks?:greengrin

MSK
02-01-2011, 06:17 PM
That's good enough for me, apparently theres a genuine Turkish fan posting in the Deeks on his way out thread as well, probably runs a kebab shop in Gorgie, but I am up for it, slow news day :wink:Although he is posting from Turkey ..:wink:

aberhibsfc
02-01-2011, 06:21 PM

That would be my hope.

Bostonhibby
02-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Although he is posting from Turkey ..:wink:

I wouldn't put it past them................

MSK
02-01-2011, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't put it past them................All this Turkish kebab shop talk is making me hungry ..:greengrin

If Deeks had moved a few months ago ..his Wife/burd would have given birth tae a wee kebaby ..:greengrin

EsEs26
03-01-2011, 02:35 AM
Although he is posting from Turkey ..:wink:

Not quite :greengrin I am in the US :) that was me linking to this site (as it's the only credible one I came across)

Hello Hibs fans, first I want to say how much I can respect a team and fans such as yourselves as much into their club team as we are into our team Eskisehirspor. I've seen the atmosphere at Easter Road and as usual with Scottish fans I was impressed. Surprised to see Hibs where they are this season but things will get better for sure as long as that support in the colors is there. As for my team, sure we aren't the richest or most famous club in our league but we are known for having some of the best fan support in the league and we can beat any team in the league at anytime. Compared to Hibernian FC we are babies, being founded 90 years later and all :) but we have had some successful years in the Turkish league (Mostly late 60's and through the 70's) and certainly headed that way again.

As for Riordan, outside of sources like Sky and BBC there was no mention of a move for Derek in any of the Turkish papers. I have not heard any announcement from the president of our club or our current manager either. Derek seems like a special player from what I see and it maybe our new manager Bulent Uygun who may have taken an interest in him. We'll see where this takes on and I will surely keep you guys updated on any news that I see traveling in the Turkish papers.

DAVE1875
03-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Deeks isn't leaving, my cousin was speaking to him in a pub in Princes Street & having being asked if he was leaving, Deeks just said "No."

Ernie Cobra
03-01-2011, 04:11 AM
Deeks isn't leaving, my cousin was speaking to him in a pub in Princes Street & having being asked if he was leaving, Deeks just said "No."

well thats that then. :agree:.

he wouldnt manage it in England let alone Turkey

Ken
03-01-2011, 04:46 AM
Deek will be away by the end of this transfer window if the manager and the board get their way.

Deek wants to stay though!

DAVE1875
03-01-2011, 05:11 AM

Plus having gone through what he did at Smeltic, I don't think Deeks will leave Easter Road unless he sees he has no choice, how this would come about I don't know.

Beefster
03-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Deek will be away by the end of this transfer window if the manager and the board get their way.

That's 'inside info' from about 7 sources - all wrapped up in two sentences. Good work.

So Calderwood is lying in the press about wanting Riordan to stay?

Kaiser1962
03-01-2011, 10:17 AM

Calderwood says he wants him to stay. Is this from a reliable source or is it just supposition?

BEEJ
03-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Not quite :greengrin I am in the US :) that was me linking to this site (as it's the only credible one I came across)

Hello Hibs fans, first I want to say how much I can respect a team and fans such as yourselves as much into their club team as we are into our team Eskisehirspor. I've seen the atmosphere at Easter Road and as usual with Scottish fans I was impressed. Surprised to see Hibs where they are this season but things will get better for sure as long as that support in the colors is there. As for my team, sure we aren't the richest or most famous club in our league but we are known for having some of the best fan support in the league and we can beat any team in the league at anytime. Compared to Hibernian FC we are babies, being founded 90 years later and all :) but we have had some successful years in the Turkish league (Mostly late 60's and through the 70's) and certainly headed that way again.

As for Riordan, outside of sources like Sky and BBC there was no mention of a move for Derek in any of the Turkish papers. I have not heard any announcement from the president of our club or our current manager either. Derek seems like a special player from what I see and it maybe our new manager Bulent Uygun who may have taken an interest in him. We'll see where this takes on and I will surely keep you guys updated on any news that I see traveling in the Turkish papers.
Thanks for the update and for your good wishes. :aok:

Moulin Yarns
03-01-2011, 10:47 AM

Is that a pub in Princes Street, Edinburgh, or was it in Eskisehir :confused:

Anyway, why do they need Derek, when they have payed £1.8m for a 19 year old striker??

source (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/batuhan-karadeniz/profil.html/spieler_52270)

TPAKA
04-01-2011, 01:00 AM
That's 'inside info' from about 7 sources - all wrapped up in two sentences. Good work.

So Calderwood is lying in the press about wanting Riordan to stay?

If having a 2 minute conversation asking "what's happening?" constitutes contract talks & CC wanting him to stay then fair play. :rolleyes:

If it were me I'd be offski. :agree:

But it's not me. :wink:

NaeTechnoHibby
04-01-2011, 01:14 AM
If having a 2 minute conversation asking "what's happening?" constitutes contract talks & CC wanting him to stay then fair play. :rolleyes:

What do you know :greengrin

You've been awol for far too long :cool2:

Hope you are well :aok:

eastmainsmsh
04-01-2011, 01:47 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umit_Karan

He plays for this turkish team any chance of a swap :na na:

Beefster
04-01-2011, 08:15 AM

I didn't mention contract talks. I was questioning how the poster knows that Calderwood and Rodders want rid this month and that Riordan seriously wants to stay. I say 'seriously' in that he knows what Hibs can afford. It's all very well saying "I want to stay" but asking for more than he knows we can afford.

Anyway, I fully expect him to leave. This is a carbon copy of the last time he left. "He wants to stay but those nasty Hibs employees aren't giving him what he wants".

If Riordan desperately wants to stay and he's being reasonable about remuneration, why aren't he and his agent pushing the issue?

Jim44
04-01-2011, 08:27 AM

You wouldn't expect him to say yes, even if he was leaving surely. And I'm not calling anyone Shirley. :greengrin

Forza Fred
04-01-2011, 08:27 AM
I didn't mention contract talks. I was questioning how the poster knows that Calderwood and Rodders want rid this month and that Riordan seriously wants to stay. I say 'seriously' in that he knows what Hibs can afford. It's all very well saying "I want to stay" but asking for more than he knows we can afford.

Anyway, I fully expect him to leave. This is a carbon copy of the last time he left. "He wants to stay but those nasty Hibs employees aren't giving him what he wants".

If Riordan desperately wants to stay and he's being reasonable about remuneration, why aren't he and his agent pushing the issue?

I would assume that Deeks knows at his age, it is likely that he has only got one more big pay day left in his career (signing on fee) and is keeping his options open.

I don't think he'll be away in January but more likely at the end of the season.

If nobody comes in with a decent offer for him he'll stay, and if there is a decent offer then no doubt he'll allow Hibs to match it, or nearly match it, or he'll be off I would reckon.

As I sas, he's got one more big signing on fee left in his career.

Beefster
04-01-2011, 09:00 AM
I would assume that Deeks knows at his age, it is likely that he has only got one more big pay day left in his career (signing on fee) and is keeping his options open.

I don't think he'll be away in January but more likely at the end of the season.

If nobody comes in with a decent offer for him he'll stay, and if there is a decent offer then no doubt he'll allow Hibs to match it, or nearly match it, or he'll be off I would reckon.

As I sas, he's got one more big signing on fee left in his career.

I agree and it's his right to earn as much as possible. I've no problem with that. It's the suggestion that he's absolutely desperate to stay at Hibs but that he's being forced out of Hibs because they don't want him to stay that I have an issue with.

As you say, I think he'll stay if he doesn't have any higher offers and leave if he does.

WeAreHibs
04-01-2011, 09:11 AM

Which pub in Princes St? I can't think of one.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

TornadoHibby
04-01-2011, 09:19 AM

Nice to hear from someone who has a better idea of what might happen with Derek than virtually anyone else who posts on here except perhaps for one very obvious poster! :cool2:

We never did get to the bottom of why Derek didn't sign the "last" contract before TM arrived if he had been happy with it at the time! :wink:

May be some hope yet then for Derek to stay at Hibs? :wink: :cool2:

Moulin Yarns
04-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Which pub in Princes St? I can't think of one.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I asked the same, and there has been silence ever since.

Peevemor
04-01-2011, 09:25 AM

Posted from Lord Lucan's mobile using Tpakatalk :greengrin

smurf
04-01-2011, 10:08 AM

Only us Hibbys could somehow twist all of this into a pro board anti Derek POV.

Our Board are betraying us and CC is insulting us with his Derek chat last week.

I too would be away. We don't deserve to retain the only bit of real genuine talent that we have.

And I'm so fed up that my two season ticket purchases and five hundred pound per year Hibs Shop spend these past 17 years is no more.

Elmer Fudd Gantry
04-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Only us Hibbys could somehow twist all of this into a pro board anti Derek POV.

Our Board are betraying us and CC is insulting us with his Derek chat last week.

I too would be away. We don't deserve to retain the only bit of real genuine talent that we have.

And I'm so fed up that my two season ticket purchases and five hundred pound per year Hibs Shop spend these past 17 years is no more.

If you are as boring outwith this fourm as you are on it then i bet the unfortunates who had the misfortune of sitting near you will be delighted :aok:

HibbyAndy
04-01-2011, 10:21 AM

Long time no hear mate :aok:

J-C
04-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Derek as we all know is a bit of a home boy, specially with the birth of his his recent baby, I wouldn't think moving to Turkey with baby and girlfriend is something that's on his mind. I think he's looking for an improved offer, with a longer contract which will give him a bit of stability in his life, all this will depend on who Calderwood can move out and who he actually brings in.

I'm sure derek will also be waiting to see who Calderwood signs to see if the club is going in the right direction, he looks increasingly peed off most games cause the players around him are pants and think of all the win bonuses being lost right now, something that pushes up his wages every week.

Whatever happens, Derek will decide what is best for him and his family, not Hibs............yes he maybe green through and through but there is only so much loyalty you can give a club, specially if that club isn't showing ambition with signings etc.

smurf
04-01-2011, 10:24 AM
If you are as boring outwith this fourm as you are on it then i bet the unfortunates who had the misfortune of sitting near you will be delighted :aok:

Ha ha. Probably....

Still because your losing the arguement you resort to personal abuse.

Telling I would suggest. As is your outing as wit extradonaire.

Andy74
04-01-2011, 10:31 AM
So, here we go again, poor wee Derek being forced out of Hibs and yet another manager who lies to the fans about Derek.

Funny that Derek is the only player this type of thing happens to and he's the only one we get lied to about and that this continues even when the personnel at his changes.

I'm presuming we brought him back just to do this again seeing as they all had so much fun the last time?

So, does this chat always come about due to the way Hibs conduct their business, with Derek only it seems, or is this an inidcation of how Derek or those that know him go about theirs??

IWasThere2016
04-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Serious question - when Deeks left last time, did Hibs make a statement about making him an offer to be one of the best paid at the club?

IWasThere2016
04-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Derek as we all know is a bit of a home boy, specially with the birth of his his recent baby, I wouldn't think moving to Turkey with baby and girlfriend is something that's on his mind. I think he's looking for an improved offer, with a longer contract which will give him a bit of stability in his life, all this will depend on who Calderwood can move out and who he actually brings in.

I'm sure derek will also be waiting to see who Calderwood signs to see if the club is going in the right direction, he looks increasingly peed off most games cause the players around him are pants and think of all the win bonuses being lost right now, something that pushes up his wages every week.

Whatever happens, Derek will decide what is best for him and his family, not Hibs............yes he maybe green through and through but there is only so much loyalty you can give a club, specially if that club isn't showing ambition with signings etc.

Spot on - but he needs an offer from Hibs to accept. There is no offer, and IMHO he will leave as ye cannae sign what doesnae exist.

HibeeMassive
04-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Spot on - but he needs an offer from Hibs to accept. There is no offer, and IMHO he will leave as ye cannae sign what doesnae exist.

Thats true TQM, there is nothing on the table currently - however Hibs have told D an offer will be forthcoming when they know who's been moved on and therefore will be worth more than they could offer at the moment, and/or they will make the best offer they can when another offer is forthcoming in January.

Deek and the club are both comfortable to leave that as is for the time being, and concentrate on winning matches - and to be honest, I don't see the issue with that as long as both sides of the table stick to their agreement?

Seems a sensible way to go about it, specifically if it means the club being able to offer a larger offer ?

silverhibee
04-01-2011, 01:59 PM

:aok: Thanks for that Es Es, hope your club have a good season, the biggest majority of Hibs fans will want to see Derek stay at Hibs and score goals that will take us up the league table. :aok:

Frazerbob
04-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Why would CC/RP not want Deek to sign a new contract?

Fair enough if we were going to rake in a healthy transfer fee but we aren't so I genuinely do not see why everyone conected to the club would not want him to sign a new deal. The only person IMHO that could possibly not want it to happen is the player himself (and those conected to him).

Andy74
04-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Serious question - when Deeks left last time, did Hibs make a statement about making him an offer to be one of the best paid at the club?

Mowbray did at the time.

Callum_62
04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/12/31/hibs-striker-derek-riordan-could-leave-in-january-as-colin-calderwood-hints-at-exit-86908-22817151/

So i assume that means they have to wait and see how much the budget can stretch too.

he's well gone.

Dont understand how a few weeks ago CC said contract talks were "satisfactory"
:confused:

truehibernian
04-01-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't think CC wants him at the club to be honest.

Cropley10
04-01-2011, 08:18 PM
So this was in the ..........Daily Record???

H18sry
04-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Why dont we just keep all the Deeks stories in the one place :confused: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?200692-Deeks-next-to-go rather than the board getting filled with the same questions and answers?

ronaldo7
04-01-2011, 08:25 PM

:agree:on the 31st December.......Last year:wink:

Callum_62
04-01-2011, 09:21 PM

It might be in the record...but its no bbc understands....

direct quotes from Calderwood....most papers dont exactly makes them up.

bingo70
04-01-2011, 09:26 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/12/31/hibs-striker-derek-riordan-could-leave-in-january-as-colin-calderwood-hints-at-exit-86908-22817151/

So i assume that means they have to wait and see how much the budget can stretch too.

he's well gone.

Dont understand how a few weeks ago CC said contract talks were "satisfactory"
:confused:

Why not, he explained in the interview in the link you just posted, he spoke to deeks, said he knew about his situation and we will deal with him due course, derek was happy with that as when there's going to be other parties interested even if we offered him a new deal at the very top end of our pay structure he's not going to sign it until he can see what he can get elsewhere.

IMO that interview sums up the situation perfectly well and clearly so we should now all understand it, it's nothing to do with not wanting him, he just has other priorities right now which i imagine will involve getting players out to free up wages and bringing players in.

woodyloon
04-01-2011, 09:37 PM
IMO I think CC does want to get Deek on a longer contract, I just think he appreciates that Deek is worth or possibly wants a contract with a higher weekly wage.

So I think CC has agreed with Deek to wait and see what happens in January, and if Deek get a chance of a better deal for him and his family then all well and good.

Unfortnately I think the club might if Deek decides not to sign a pre contract with any other club they will try and get him on the cheap which might just totally allienate him for the remainder of the season. I think CC possibly thinks the same, so that it why he has said he would if appropiate speak to Deek about a new contract nearer to the summer.

bingo70
04-01-2011, 09:42 PM
IMO I think CC does want to get Deek on a longer contract, I just think he appreciates that Deek is worth or possibly wants a contract with a higher weekly wage.

So I think CC has agreed with Deek to wait and see what happens in January, and if Deek get a chance of a better deal for him and his family then all well and good.

Unfortnately I think the club might if Deek decides not to sign a pre contract with any other club they will try and get him on the cheap which might just totally allienate him for the remainder of the season. I think CC possibly thinks the same, so that it why he has said he would if appropiate speak to Deek about a new contract nearer to the summer.

:agree: Exactly.

Thats pretty much exactly what CC says so i don't really see the confusion or the need to try and find something more sinister (sp?). :confused:

Offering him a contract at the top of our wage scale now for him to reject it could also have an effect on his performances for the rest of the season.

TPAKA
04-01-2011, 10:27 PM
So, here we go again, poor wee Derek being forced out of Hibs and yet another manager who lies to the fans about Derek.

Funny that Derek is the only player this type of thing happens to and he's the only one we get lied to about and that this continues even when the personnel at his changes.

I'm presuming we brought him back just to do this again seeing as they all had so much fun the last time?

So, does this chat always come about due to the way Hibs conduct their business, with Derek only it seems, or is this an inidcation of how Derek or those that know him go about theirs??

Andy, most of those that "know" Derek have kept a dignified silence on anything that's gone on over the last couple of years. I'll imagine it'll stay that way, so please don't start resorting to personal insults either veiled or direct.

We still know where you live. :wink:

As woody points out just above, I too personally think the Club & Derek have agreed to simply wait & see what happens. If something happens that's beneficial to both parties, be that either Derek staying or going then so be it. Nothing more sinister than that or certainly no malicous rumours that I know of.

I think fans etc just take some things out of perspective 'cos he's a Hibby, a local lad, scored 100+ goals etc. People want there to be rumours, being forced out etc. Andy, I don't particularly buy that either, it's just the way things are.

That's football. :agree:

Toaods
04-01-2011, 11:23 PM
no point offering new contracts to guys who may want to see what league we're in or we we not want to make an offer under the same terms and conditions to depending on what league we're in.

also gives CC some cover on the players he is unable to shift contractually.

matty_f
04-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Without the headline 'sensationally' claiming we want to cash in, here's what CC said:

"We've spoken to him and he understands. He's all right with it. There are others who will see action taken quicker.
"There is a concern that someone signs Derek on a pre-contract but we'll be aware of it. We spoke to Derek and it might happen. If it does, we'll be in the picture to try and compete. But the reality is it might not happen.
"He will be dealt with later just because there are others I want to deal with before. He knows why.
"I spoke to him and said: 'Look, we know were you are in terms of the length of your contract, what you are earning. We just need to talk about it later'. He seemed happy with that.
"Why wouldn't we tie him down earlier? Because I don't think anyone is going to make a decision at the minute. He's going to keep his options open.
"If you're not going to get a decision right now he doesn't need to be dictated to. People are entitled to find out their options.
"That's the situation with players out of contract - do you take a section of the money now?
"If it's £5million, the decision is made. If it's £5, you've got to think a bit more. Until that point, we can't say anything."

snooky
04-01-2011, 11:31 PM

I seem to recall a few years ago a hibsnetter met Deek in the street and asked him if he was going to Celtic to which our young gallant replied "No".

Within a few weeks he was :offski:

(I'm no implying that he IS offski, just that he may not want to spill the beans to a stranger - either way.
Maybe he should have said "maybes aye, maybes no" :wink:)

CB_NO3
04-01-2011, 11:49 PM

Deek was ready to sign a 5 year deal with Hibs for about 900 a week. Mowbray got the job and ripped the contract up saying he will have to prove himself to me first. That then back fired on Hibs as Deek started banging in goals left, right and centre for us. We then offered him a better deal but it was too late at the time as other clubs started to take notice.

silverhibee
05-01-2011, 12:24 AM
I don't think CC wants him at the club to be honest.

I would disagree with you on that.

smurf
05-01-2011, 01:06 AM
I would disagree with you on that.

So its Rodders then.

Shirley no?

matty_f
05-01-2011, 03:01 AM
So its Rodders then.

Shirley no?

Yes bound to be rodders. Let's think about this one.

Petrie is allegedly only interested in money. Why, then, would he want shot of the person who a) is more capable of selling shirts than any other player at the club currently, b) the player most likely to score the goals to take us up the table to receive more prize/tv money, c) the player that fans want to see to such an extent that their buying decision for season tickets can and will be influenced by whether or not riordan is still at the club.

I could go on, but really nobody from the club has said they don't want derek, quite the opposite in fact. However it doesn't stop your witch hunt against petrie, using fundamentally nonsensical points.

Beefster
05-01-2011, 07:49 AM
Deek was ready to sign a 5 year deal with Hibs for about 900 a week. Mowbray got the job and ripped the contract up saying he will have to prove himself to me first. That then back fired on Hibs as Deek started banging in goals left, right and centre for us. We then offered him a better deal but it was too late at the time as other clubs started to take notice.

How long does it take to sign a deal once it has been agreed? It seems that Riordan either had plenty of opportunity to sign the original contract offer or was unbelievably unlucky that it was agreed in the last couple of days before Mowbray took over. Mowbray was right to not allow anyone to extend their contract until he had seen them in action.

You're implying that Derek was tapped up and lied to us for a couple of seasons whereas the line is usually that he wanted the revised contract offer back-dated (despite not actually signing the original contract when he had the chance) and nasty Hibs wouldn't do it.

TheUsualSuspect
05-01-2011, 08:10 AM
My reading of what has been said by CC is this:

CC: Deek you wanna keep playing wi' us for mair loot?
DR: aye!
CC: Sweet. We have a small problem tho!
DR: Wits tha'?
CC: Well... the club has got alot a dross the now and it's taking up alot o' the wages.
DR: Eh?
CC: I mean, I need to get rid o' them before i can offer a better wage, I also have tae try and replce them for a lesser wage, thats why we need the young fellas back, ya ken.
DR: Gottcha. How long will it take
CC: dunno, depends who's daft enough tae take some o' them. maybe Summer, you understand
DR: aye

Think that was nearly word for word :wink:

mjhibby
05-01-2011, 08:14 AM
A lot of people and deek himself forget just what a nightmare he endured when he last left hibs.At er he is loved and gets a regular game and im sure he is on a decent wage.He could leave but more than likely find the grass is not always greener(again).Also cc maybe needs to see more desire from deeks before commiting to giving him a contract.Its a two way thing,deeks needs to up his game and if he does im sure a decent contract will be forthcoming.Im sure deeks is peeed off at the state of the club but thats outwith his control and he should concentrate on his own performance and let cc shape the side.

cammy1969
05-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Why not, he explained in the interview in the link you just posted, he spoke to deeks, said he knew about his situation and we will deal with him due course, derek was happy with that as when there's going to be other parties interested even if we offered him a new deal at the very top end of our pay structure he's not going to sign it until he can see what he can get elsewhere.

IMO that interview sums up the situation perfectly well and clearly so we should now all understand it, it's nothing to do with not wanting him, he just has other priorities right now which i imagine will involve getting players out to free up wages and bringing players in.:top marksthis is my take on it as well but some fans would rather make a mountain out of a mole hill and blame everyone from the chief exect to the girl selling the halftime pies

smurf
05-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Yes bound to be rodders. Let's think about this one.

Petrie is allegedly only interested in money. Why, then, would he want shot of the person who a) is more capable of selling shirts than any other player at the club currently, b) the player most likely to score the goals to take us up the table to receive more prize/tv money, c) the player that fans want to see to such an extent that their buying decision for season tickets can and will be influenced by whether or not riordan is still at the club.

I could go on, but really nobody from the club has said they don't want derek, quite the opposite in fact. However it doesn't stop your witch hunt against petrie, using fundamentally nonsensical points.

So why haven't they offered him a contract? Why has it been left so late in the day?

And please do stop this "witch hunt against Rod Petrie" nonsense.

Frankly its embarrassing.... He's running a club that's apparently "Ours".

And you may not think so but the evidence on the park is kind of suggesting that there's actually a lot not right at "Our" club just now.

Rod and the rest of the board are pretty well remunerated for what they do.

I'm sure a supporter like me who has an issue with their performance as a board (nothing personal but of course others in their Stalinesque way do try their best to portray it as such...) who asks questions (no answers are ever forthcoming) and raises concerns is not that much concern to them.

So what is it good folks like you are scared of?

hibs0666
05-01-2011, 11:14 AM
So why haven't they offered him a contract? Why has it been left so late in the day?

And you may not think so but the evidence on the park is kind of suggesting that there's actually a lot not right at "Our" club just now.

I'm sure a supporter like me who has an issue with their performance as a board (nothing personal but of course others in their Stalinesque way do try their best to portray it as such...) who asks questions (no answers are ever forthcoming) and raises concerns is not that much concern to them.

We can't afford him.

Beefster
05-01-2011, 11:21 AM

Calderwood has intimated that Riordan has said that he wont sign a new contract at the moment. It sounds like they've agreed that Riordan will see what his options are and, if he wants to stay, Hibs will try and match what he can get elsewhere. That's pragmatism and avoids any (and all) offers being made only to be rejected.

Smurf, I agree with a lot of what you say about Rodders and co but you're on the wrong track by criticising them about Riordan.

smurf
05-01-2011, 11:23 AM
We can't afford him.

Well if he's looking for ridiculous money fair enough.

But if its quality we want and not quantity then I would suggest knowing we have a good few out of contract in the summer...

smurf
05-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Calderwood has intimated that Riordan has said that he wont sign a new contract at the moment. It sounds like they've agreed that Riordan will see what his options are and, if he wants to stay, Hibs will try and match what he can get elsewhere. That's pragmatism and avoids any (and all) offers being made only to be rejected.

Smurf, I agree with a lot of what you say about Rodders and co but you're on the wrong track by criticising them about Riordan.

Fair dos and I appreciate the reply.

Just that I heard that the player is hurt and upset that the club are not doing more to get him to extend NOW?

WindyMiller
05-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Fair dos and I appreciate the reply.

Just that I heard that the player is hurt and upset that the club are not doing more to get him to extend NOW?

See post 79.

He'll know better than most whether Deek's upset or not.

EskbankHibby
05-01-2011, 12:33 PM
A lot of people and deek himself forget just what a nightmare he endured when he last left hibs.At er he is loved and gets a regular game and im sure he is on a decent wage.He could leave but more than likely find the grass is not always greener(again).Also cc maybe needs to see more desire from deeks before commiting to giving him a contract.Its a two way thing,deeks needs to up his game and if he does im sure a decent contract will be forthcoming.Im sure deeks is peeed off at the state of the club but thats outwith his control and he should concentrate on his own performance and let cc shape the side.

Not a financial nightmare though i would suggest.

Ultimately Deek staying or going will be a financial decision and who can blame him? In any walk of life you are going to try and get as much money as possible for you and yours, i think we fans make too much of the fact that Deek is a Hibby and could only be 'settled' in the East coast of Scotland.

There are many factors to consider and the challenge for Hibs, imo, is to make an offer that combined with his family/professional circumstances make it viable for him to stay.

If not he'll go to the nearest team that offers the most money, i know i would.

matty_f
05-01-2011, 12:43 PM

And you may not think so but the evidence on the park is kind of suggesting that there's actually a lot not right at "Our" club just not.

Calderwood explains why in his quotes, you've just chosen to ignore them.

I'm not scared of anything about hibs, bit worried about how the team is playing and the results we are getting but I can see that the club are working on things to try and sort it out.

What answers aren't forthcoming, the answers are there of you choose to acknowledge them. I notice that you never addressed any of the questions I raised in my post, however.

And it comes across as a witch hunt when every post you make hammers the board while singularly refusing to accept reasons behind their actions.

Andy74
05-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Not a financial nightmare though i would suggest.

Ultimately Deek staying or going will be a financial decision and who can blame him? In any walk of life you are going to try and get as much money as possible for you and yours, i think we fans make too much of the fact that Deek is a Hibby and could only be 'settled' in the East coast of Scotland.

There are many factors to consider and the challenge for Hibs, imo, is to make an offer that combined with his family/professional circumstances make it viable for him to stay.

If not he'll go to the nearest team that offers the most money, i know i would.

Yep, pretty straighforward and ultimately no matter how we like to play up the Hibs fan thing he's shown in the past that's not a big deal when it comes to making your living.

It seems like he might just be looking at those options again. All fair enough.

What we could do without is all the usual insisutations about certain people at Hibs trying to hound him out and that people at the club are lying to us. That doesn't help anyone.

Bad Martini
05-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Long time no hear mate :aok:

Correct Hamish :agree:

TAPARKAWEARER .... as per Hamish's comments - been long time mate. That must have been one huge fek off roondaboot tour this time mate.... :greengrin

GGTTH :thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
05-01-2011, 01:08 PM

TAPARKAWEARER .... as per Hamish's comments - been long time mate. That must have been one huge fek off roondaboot tour this time mate.... :greengrin

PAKORA is back!!!!! Reckon he has been busy setting up this website:

http://www.roundaboutsofbritain.com/

And by the bloody way!!!! Have you any idea how many PM inductions are pending????????

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 01:51 PM

:hilarious :thumbsup:

Last time i spoke to um he was 'branching' out in the States eh TPAKA ? :faf:

He kens what i mean :greengrin

hibs0666
05-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Well if he's looking for ridiculous money fair enough.

But if its quality we want and not quantity then I would suggest knowing we have a good few out of contract in the summer...

We do not have quantity at the moment - if I recall our first-team squad is only around 26-28 players.

Quality therefore comes at a a prices. We are currently at the top of what we can reasonably afford. If would be very reasonable for Riordan to seek bigger wage and decent signing-on fee. Since Hibs wage bill is at the top of what it can afford then it would also be entirely reasonable for Hibs to be unable to meet these demands - no-one's fault, just life.

Bad Martini
05-01-2011, 02:08 PM
PAKORA is back!!!!! Reckon he has been busy setting up this website:

http://www.roundaboutsofbritain.com/

And by the bloody way!!!! Have you any idea how many PM inductions are pending????????

I think, you could be right mate. As for this belter:

DOUBLE RINGER
An island made up of an inner and outer core..The outer core can be painted or made of bricks. :not worth .... this is the uber king of the roondaboot world. The Rolls Royce if you will, of roondabootery. If you can find a "double ringer" yer in luck :greengrin

Inductions? Easy mate. If they float, they're witches. If they sink, they (were) OK. Three tonnes of bricks will prove this either way tho. Easy enough, I thinkso :aok:

:hilarious :thumbsup:

Last time i spoke to um he was 'branching' out in the States eh TPAKA ? :faf:

He kens what i mean :greengrin

Youse boys eh. ****ing branching oot, russian sailors, forrester etc :devil:

Stone radge. :agree:

ENDOF

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 02:11 PM
I think, you could be right mate. As for this belter:

DOUBLE RINGER
An island made up of an inner and outer core..The outer core can be painted or made of bricks. :not worth .... this is the uber king of the roondaboot world. The Rolls Royce if you will, of roondabootery. If you can find a "double ringer" yer in luck :greengrin

Inductions? Easy mate. If they float, they're witches. If they sink, they (were) OK. Three tonnes of bricks will prove this either way tho. Easy enough, I thinkso :aok:

Youse boys eh. ****ing branching oot, russian sailors, forrester etc :devil:

Stone radge. :agree:

ENDOF

Mikey Forrester russian sailors?? What the **** are youse boys oan :hilarious

GreenPJ
05-01-2011, 02:44 PM
We do not have quantity at the moment - if I recall our first-team squad is only around 26-28 players.

Quality therefore comes at a a prices. We are currently at the top of what we can reasonably afford. If would be very reasonable for Riordan to seek bigger wage and decent signing-on fee. Since Hibs wage bill is at the top of what it can afford then it would also be entirely reasonable for Hibs to be unable to meet these demands - no-one's fault, just life.

Am sure Rangers only have a first team squad of 23 and you can only have 25 in European competition. With no reserve league the first team squad can't afford to really be bigger than 23 and the rest youth players. The problem is we need to then offload 5 players to get to the 23 and then another 5 to get rid of the dross and replace them with better. 10 players out and 5 in is a big transition although if we lost 2 or 3 in this window then it may be more managable.

smurf
05-01-2011, 02:54 PM

Only 26-28?!!! Too many.

Littlest Hobo
05-01-2011, 03:07 PM
I know I'll get shot down for this but would it be such a bad thing if DR was to leave ER ???

No doubting his ability to ping shots from 20/30 yards but his overall play isn't condusive to good team work.
His body strength to hold the ball up is poor, especially at Tynie there.
It's my opinion that if DR were to go to the championship or even the premiership, he would be used sparingly as a substitute.
Only being used if his team needed a goal.
Reasons why he isn't being considered for Scotland too and not because Potter doesn't like him.
Derek just doen't fit in with most teams style of play.

Having seen Daryl Duffy play against Hearts at Tynie I realised that it's been a while since we had a striker who works his socks off, chasing everything down, and not just being one dimensional.
I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this guy once he has full match fitness.

What I'm trying to say is that maybe we might benefit in other areas of the park if DR were to go???

Craig_in_Prague
05-01-2011, 03:10 PM
I know I'll get shot down for this but would it be such a bad thing if DR was to leave ER ???

No doubting his ability to ping shots from 20/30 yards but his overall play isn't conjusive to good team work.
It's my opinion that if DR were to go to the championship or even the premiership, he would be used sparingly as a substitute.
Reasons why he isn't being considered for Scotland too and not because Potter doesn't like him.

Having seen Daryl Duffy play against Hearts at Tynie I realised that it's been a while since we had a striker who works his socks off, chasing everything down, and not just being one dimensional.
I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this guy once he has full match fitness.

What I'm trying to say is that maybe we might benefit in other areas of the park if DR were to go???

why can't be we improve our defence/midfield and keep DR?

He's not a big bullish striker, but he scores goals and plenty.

I'd personally be gutted if we lose him (again).

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 03:10 PM

No doubting his ability to ping shots from 20/30 yards but his overall play isn't condusive to good team work.

Losing Riordans goals if he left in January would be criminal, Relegation staring us in the puss

hibs0666
05-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Only 26-28?!!! Too many.

You're having a laugh.

borstalboy
05-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Losing Riordans goals if he left in January would be criminal, Relegation staring us in the puss

I agree with what you say however, his goals aren't exactly winning us games at the moment......

Alfred E Newman
05-01-2011, 04:17 PM

Unbelievable stuff.
Duffy worked his socks off yet created nothing. De Graaf also run himself into the ground and did absolutely nothing. Our pathetically few chances to score all involved Riordan.
Supporters of other clubs must read these threads and shake their heads in disbelief.

muirhousehibby
05-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I agree with what you say however, his goals aren't exactly winning us games at the moment......

Bulid a stronger midfield that can hold onto the ball and find the passses and deek will bang them in..

btw This hole thread should be deleted as his the stuff about the board and riordan is bollocks.

As someone said already those who know derek know the script..

Sir David Gray
05-01-2011, 04:31 PM

You're right, they're not. So just think how bad things would be if we didn't even have Riordan's goals to rely on.

I believe we would be absolute certainties for relegation this season if Riordan leaves this month.

His goals and Zemmama's creativity are literally the only things that are keeping me slightly optimistic about our chances of survival.

borstalboy
05-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Bulid a stronger midfield that can hold onto the ball and find the passses and deek will bang them in..

btw This hole thread should be deleted as his the stuff about the board and riordan is bollocks.

As someone said already those who know derek know the script..

We need to build a stronger defence!.....its irrelevant how many goals derek scores if we're getting beat in those games.

muirhousehibby
05-01-2011, 04:48 PM
We need to build a stronger defence!.....its irrelevant how many goals derek scores if we're getting beat in those games.

A poor midfield means the defence been severely tested, Which has been happening alot and it why were poor. Midfield occupy the most influential parts of the pitch, midfielders are perhaps more likely to influence the outcome of a match too. A poor midfield adds sever pressure on the defence. we have no width and certainly no midfield general. It's ok blaming the defence but remember it's also part of the midfielders job to get back behind the ball and help out too.

i've said it before our midfield does not burst a gut to help the defence out. we walk back.

ancienthibby
05-01-2011, 04:55 PM

Not so at all!Q

Deeks' goals may just make the difference to keep us up on goal difference!! (don't really want to go there but every Hibs goal scored is vital!:agree:

borstalboy
05-01-2011, 04:58 PM
A poor midfield means the defence been severely tested, Which has been happening alot and it why were poor. Midfield occupy the most influential parts of the pitch, midfielders are perhaps more likely to influence the outcome of a match too. A poor midfield adds sever pressure on the defence. we have no width and certainly no midfield general. It's ok blaming the defence but remember it's also part of the midfielders job to get back behind the ball and help out too.

i've said it before our midfield does not burst a gut to help the defence out. we walk back.

I think we're along the same lines and totally agree with what you say about our midfield, however, in recent weeks especially it has been down to individual mistakes at the back! if we could cut those individual mistakes out then at least we'd maybe be sneaking more wins and draws...

Bad Martini
05-01-2011, 05:13 PM
The only real chances we had against hearts come from Riordan.

As I said before, when he's not scoring he plays a part in/often does himself setting up others to score.

Who's fault was it Riordan managed to pass the ball to the feet of Nish some 20-30 yards with inch perfect precision....Nish unmarked and puts it wide???

Aye. I can see the logic in selling our best scorer and arguably our best playmaker.....hmmmm.

Stone radge this logic is.....

EskbankHibby
05-01-2011, 05:29 PM
The only real chances we had against hearts come from Riordan.

As I said before, when he's not scoring he plays a part in/often does himself setting up others to score.

Who's fault was it Riordan managed to pass the ball to the feet of Nish some 20-30 yards with inch perfect precision....Nish unmarked and puts it wide???

Aye. I can see the logic in selling our best scorer and arguably our best playmaker.....hmmmm.

Stone radge this logic is.....

It's the same logic that sells our top scorer on the last day of the last window and our best defender in the first day of this window, cash is king.

An ideal January for me would be Deeks on a new contract and 2/3 six month loan deals to steady the ship, what's the chance of that happening?

Dr Jimmy
05-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I can't see Hibs doing anything about Deek until nearer the summer, unless their hand is forced by a pre-contract offer to him from another club. At this point I would imagine we would counter offer and let the player decide, if he says no to us then Petrie will try and get some cash for him to go early.
On one level it makes sense to wait, but as long as the player is told he is wanted and is aware of the situation at every stage because if we were to lose the only player we have that can get you jumping out your seat by a moment of brilliance would be a disaster.

TPAKA
05-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Unbelievable stuff.
Duffy worked his socks off yet created nothing. De Graaf also run himself into the ground and did absolutely nothing. Our pathetically few chances to score all involved Riordan.
Supporters of other clubs must read these threads and shake their heads in disbelief.

Against the Yams we were in all honesty collectively pish IMHO, however, we had 5 chances where we may have scored or looked like scoring & all of them involved Derek.

Free kick, blast across goals from a short corner that just needed a touch, pass to Nish for chance, delivery from corner for chance for Dickoh back post & the "penalty" incident.

Nowt, nada, squat from any other player as far as I recall.

Other fans do shake their heads, as do some others who "know the game". Apparently the most difficult thing in football is to score, we have one who does it regularly, joins only 7 other players in the history of the club who's scored 100+ goals, about to become 3rd all time goalscorer in the SPL behind Boyd & Larrson, currently top scorer for the Club again & yet still gets grief "'cos he doesn't run about like a headless chicken & he's not a team player!!!"

Ah tells ye, nowt as fickle as fitbaw fans. You couldn't make half of it up.

To BM, HibbyAndy etc, I'm no back full time or that ken, just breaking myself back in gently so to speak.

Others aren't being so fortunate. :wink:

Littlest Hobo
05-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Against the Yams we were in all honesty collectively pish IMHO, however, we had 5 chances where we may have scored or looked like scoring & all of them involved Derek.

Free kick, blast across goals from a short corner that just needed a touch, pass to Nish for chance, delivery from corner for chance for Dickoh back post & the "penalty" incident.

Nowt, nada, squat from any other player as far as I recall.

Other fans do shake their heads, as do some others who "know the game". Apparently the most difficult thing in football is to score, we have one who does it regularly, joins only 7 other players in the history of the club who's scored 100+ goals, about to become 3rd all time goalscorer in the SPL behind Boyd & Larrson, currently top scorer for the Club again & yet still gets grief "'cos he doesn't run about like a headless chicken & he's not a team player!!!"

Ah tells ye, nowt as fickle as fitbaw fans. You couldn't make half of it up.

To BM, HibbyAndy etc, I'm no back full time or that ken, just breaking myself back in gently so to speak.

Others aren't being so fortunate. :wink:

You forgot to mention the countless times he was second to react to out balls, or when he did he couldn't keep posession, through lack of strength or poor dribbling ability.
If this was a game of long banging doon Muirhoose then I'm sure DEEKS would be king but it takes a wee bit more than a good ping on ye to be a player,probably one of the reasons DR never went on to star at a higher level.:not worth

ancient hibee
05-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Football as we know is about opinions but some are very strange.

I remember when Riordan was last at ER he was frequently described as a luxury player-he was only our top scorer at the time-but some people just don't understand how difficult this is.When he scored against Aberdeen he made two wee runs in the box to take the centre half out.Needless to say Rankine(who really is a headless chicken with zero composure)didn't pick him out with the ball but just blootered it and fortunately the goalie made a poor parry and Riordan(how strange)was in exactly the right spot-had he not been there was nobody else there.If he goes now we will definitely be relegated.

Alfred E Newman
05-01-2011, 07:30 PM
You forgot to mention the countless times he was second to react to out balls, or when he did he couldn't keep posession, through lack of strength or poor dribbling ability.
If this was a game of long banging doon Muirhoose then I'm sure DEEKS would be king but it takes a wee bit more than a good ping on ye to be a player,probably one of the reasons DR never went on to star at a higher level.:not worth

Like I said, more unbelievable nonsense. Is there anyone else in the side that you don`t like or is it just Riordan you have a hang up about?

ancient hibee
05-01-2011, 07:31 PM

However he is probably the only player in the team that looks like a player and certainly the only one guaranteed to be a first choice at any of the other non OF clubs.

Littlest Hobo
05-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Like I said, more unbelievable nonsense. Is there anyone else in the side that you don`t like or is it just Riordan you have a hang up about?

Oh believe me I wish it was nonsense but in actual fact I saw it with my very own eyes at Tynecastle, it's amazing what you see when you take the green shades off my friend.
Tell me then, are you saying he held the ball well then?
And regards your stupid comment regards a "hang up" about Riordan, the answer is no.
I realise he's a twenty goal a season player but some of his weaker attributes might hurt the team elsewere. You might want to consider this for a second before posting another stupid response.

WindyMiller
05-01-2011, 08:05 PM
However he is probably the only player in the team that looks like a player and certainly the only one guaranteed to be a first choice at any of the other non OF clubs.

Although he never became a first choice at Celtc.

Bostonhibby
05-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Oh believe me I wish it was nonsense but in actual fact I saw it with my very own eyes at Tynecastle, it's amazing what you see when you take the green shades off my friend.
And regards your stupid comment regards a "hang up" about Riordan, the answer is no.
I realise he's a twenty goal a season player but some of his weaker attributes might hurt the team elsewere. You might want to consider this for a second before posting another stupid response.

I doubt 20 goals a season, this season, in this team, however Deeks gets them could actually equate to hurting the team even allowing for the weaker attributes. one or two players (like Messi) aside have no "weaker attributes" clubs like us have to look at the overall contribution of a player warts and all and quite frankly deeks gives far more than he takes away, I dont actually think his role in the team is to do everything perfectly and predictably its to get goals out of nothing, or the very little thats available by way of service, or make them yourself, this he does well.

Some of the other stuff thats so important is maybe firstly down to others who are paid to perform that role as their primary function, god knows they are certainly not stealing Derek's thunder on the goal scoring front.

ronaldo7
05-01-2011, 08:19 PM

You're correct. Derek was on his heels a couple of times when the ball came out of defence, and once or twice he got bounced off the ball from a rather large centre half, but he was the only guy on the pitch who was going to open that defence up. I was praying someone would find him with an out ball from defence that he could use to our benefit, and it happened. He then laid it on a plate for Colin who hit it past the post. Our one and only decent chance was set up by Riordan. We should be keeping him in our team for the next couple of seasons at least.

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Im absolute flabbergasted at some of the posts on this thread..Wasnt gonna reply but im ****ing raging..Derek Riordans goals alone are the sole reason hibernian are not bottom of the league..Thats a fact..For individuals to post he he's lazy..No control etc are utterly beyond belief they MUST be yams at the windup MUST be.

I couldnt give a toss if he has nae control..Nae upper body strengh..Moans..The fact of the matter is DEREK RIORDAN IS THE SOLE REASON WE AINT BOTTOM..Dress it up anyway you want thats facts..Who else will score goals for hibs if hes away in January??? Cmon hit me with names???

Riordan away in Janaury with no decent replacement and its relagation IMO..Absolute dumbfounded the criticism Riordan gets on here.

NOW his contract negotiations are a different matter..If he wants more than we offer him then hes allowed to look at his options, Im cool with that..But please please stop this utter utter garbage Hibernian are better without Riordan because he cant control a ball, Laughable.

Bostonhibby
05-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Im absolute flabbergasted at some of the posts on this thread..Wasnt gonna reply but im ****ing raging..Derek Riordans goals alone are the sole reason hibernian are not bottom of the league..Thats a fact..For individuals to post he he's lazy..No control etc are utterly beyond belief they MUST be yams at the windup MUST be.

I couldnt give a toss if he has nae control..Nae upper body strengh..Moans..The fact of the matter is DEREK RIORDAN IS THE SOLE REASON WE AINT BOTTOM..Dress it up anyway you want thats facts..Who else will score goals for hibs if hes away in January??? Cmon hit me with names???

Riordan away in Janaury with no decent replacement and its relagation IMO..Absolute dumbfounded the criticism Riordan gets on here.

NOW his contract negotiations are a different matter..If he wants more than we offer him then hes allowed to look at his options, Im cool with that..But please please stop this utter utter garbage Hibernian are better without Riordan because he cant control a ball, Laughable.

:agree: Wot he sed

muirhousehibby
05-01-2011, 08:58 PM
COLIN NISH last night laid into the Hibs fans calling for John Hughes' head - and claimed 95 per cent of them don't have a clue about football. quote from nish

Big Nishy was right btw

First of all Derek Riordan is a striker, not a centre forward the 2 and not the same (before someone hits back they are) and both have different aspects on the field.

Riordan needs a good quality centre forward up front with him at the moment he's playing both roles at times, but nobody so far has taken that into consideration.:scarf:

muirhousehibby
05-01-2011, 09:00 PM

Not a chance ! i'm the king at long banging in muirhouse m8..:taxi

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-01-2011, 09:12 PM
:agree: Wot he sed

Same here!

Bostonhibby
05-01-2011, 09:15 PM
COLIN NISH last night laid into the Hibs fans calling for John Hughes' head - and claimed 95 per cent of them don't have a clue about football. quote from nish

Big Nishy was right btw

First of all Derek Riordan is a striker, not a centre forward the 2 and not the same (before someone hits back they are) and both have different aspects on the field.

Riordan needs a good quality centre forward up front with him at the moment he's playing both roles at times, but nobody so far has taken that into consideration.:scarf:

Nish ,who I generally defend might be skating on thin ice re Yogi, In the context of this thread and Deeks situation on the pitch generally I'd say there must be a huge majority who definitely see the value he adds and don't agree with his detractors on this thread.

Agree entirely re the need for a good C/F for Deeks to play off and definitely understand the roles of the different front players and I actually think its mainly the woeful state of our midfield going forward that makes life so difficult for him or any other forward, they have nothing to work with, get poor quality support and end up out of position / chasing about frustrated

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2011, 09:15 PM

So are people not allowed to have a different opinion to you then?

Of course DR's goals are invaluable, but in games like Saturday when he does not score, we need 11 grafters in team. He seemed off the pace somewhat for me. I think his workrate has improved ten fold this season, but Saturday he seemed off the boil. Maybe the uncertainty of his future is having an affect on him?

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2011, 09:28 PM

Of course DR's goals are invaluable, but in games like Saturday when he does not score, we need 11 grafters in team. He seemed off the pace somewhat for me. I think his workrate has improved ten fold this season, but Saturday he seemed off the boil. Maybe the uncertainty of his future is having an affect on him?

We need 11 players with more ability than we have. We need everyone to put a shift in, but we also have to have players that create, or else whats the bloody point?

muirhousehibby
05-01-2011, 09:34 PM

Nish ,who I generally defend might be skating on thin ice re Yogi, In the context of this thread and Deeks situation on the pitch generally I'd say there must be a huge majority who definitely see the value he adds and don't agree with his detractors on this thread.

Agree entirely re the need for a good C/F for Deeks to play off and definitely understand the roles of the different front players and I actually think its mainly the woeful state of our midfield going forward that makes life so difficult for him or any other forward, they have nothing to work with, get poor quality support and end up out of position / chasing about frustrated

yip agree, midfield for me is the root of hibs problem at present ..

Bad Martini
05-01-2011, 09:56 PM
I think somoenes put a huge pile of ching in the water supply based on some of the stone radge chat we have here.

ahm away back to the parallel universe ah reside in where naebody wants rid of the only player we have who can and DOES keep scoring, setting up others AND taking pelters for it and where we attribuite blame where it should be.....

In fact, **** it,am off to find some of this water wi ching in it!

TAPAKA....nae chat aboot easing back intae it. Next yer'l be brekin oot the mask, suit and widdy doll :greengrin

Hamish....am wi you amigo.

ENDOF

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 09:57 PM

Eh? Course they are whatever made you think they werent? Im merely stating a FACT.This nonsense that hibs are well rid of Riordan..Hes lazy..Not interested etc..Please do me a favour..

We need 11 grafters in the team do we?.. Ill tell you, Every single chance/half chance we had at Tynie on Saturday came through Riordan..Pick the bones out that..He played a 25 yarder pass right on Nish's feet was that his fault Nish missed?.....played Dicko in at the back post with a raking baw across the box.....Thrashed one across the box in the 1st half...Every single oppurtunity came through DR on Saturday...Is he a luxury in this Hibs side? Ive nae idea, I base Riordan on goals..And over 100 for Hibs seems to me a good indication that we will struggle without him.

Tell me something Foghorn, Did Nish look of the pace when he missed a one on one?

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2011, 10:01 PM
We need 11 players with more ability than we have. We need everyone to put a shift in, but we also have to have players that create, or else whats the bloody point?

Not many chances created on Saturday, so we need to really strengthen our squad, or up our game totally.....

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Eh? Course they are whatever made you think they werent? Im merely stating a FACT.This nonsense that hibs are well rid of Riordan..Hes lazy..Not interested etc..Please do me a favour..

We need 11 grafters in the team do we?.. Ill tell you, Every single chance/half chance we had at Tynie on Saturday came through Riordan..Pick the bones out that..He played a 25 yarder pass right on Nish's feet was that his fault Nish missed?.....played Dicko in at the back post with a raking baw across the box.....Thrashed one across the box in the 1st half...Every single oppurtunity came through DR on Saturday...Is he a luxury in this Hibs side? Ive nae idea, I base Riordan on goals..And over 100 for Hibs seems to me a good indication that we will struggle without him.

Tell me something Foghorn, Did Nish look of the pace when he missed a one on one?

Nish never looked off the pace as he never missed a one on one... He took the ball well, and his effort was not far away..... Almost predictably he was slated for it on here afterwards, but it is a team game. We need players to do more in a game than 2 or 3 decent passes.....

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Not many chances created on Saturday, so we need to really strengthen our squad, or up our game totally.....

Every single one of our chances came from an 'off the pace Riordan' as you put it.

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2011, 10:07 PM

There's not many chances created any Saturday, but the only fact is Riordan sets up most of our goals or chances we create?

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Nish never looked off the pace as he never missed a one on one... He took the ball well, and his effort was not far away..... Almost predictably he was slated for it on here afterwards, but it is a team game. We need players to do more in a game than 2 or 3 decent passes.....

Who are we referring to here? Riordan? Are you seriously on the wind up?

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Who are we referring to here? Riordan? Are you seriously on the wind up?

Why exactly would I be at the wind up? DR had a free kick, and a couple of decent passes on Saturday, is that enough in 90 minutes for you?

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Every single one of our chances came from an 'off the pace Riordan' as you put it.

And did you think he played a blinder then?

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2011, 10:17 PM

It would have been nice if Nish had played that ball across for Riordan. My guess is it would have been tucked up in the corner of the net, rather than wide of the post.

Although we all know thats not going to happen, as Nish would have to be standing up long enough to actually pass the ball. I agree we need players to contribute more than 2 or 3 passes a game, we also need them to stay on their feet, and be able to score when the chances comes along.

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Why exactly would I be at the wind up? DR had a free kick, and a couple of decent passes on Saturday, is that enough in 90 minutes for you?

From the game i was at Riordan was the heartbeat of every oppurtunity we had..Their werent many but he instigated every chance...Would he be in my starting 11? Wont answer that.

And did you think he played a blinder then?

Who else played a blinder?..Im not here to merely pick up on your posts or have a go at you..The fact of the matter is Hibernian will be weaker without Riordan...Mate thats a god given fact...

Ill pose this teaser to you..Say we lose Deek in January and dont strenghen..Are you honestly confident we have enough goals in the team to survive the drop? Hypothetical i know..We may strenghen at the back but Calderwood has let Bamba go saying he has a ready made replacement in Hanlon so...If we lose Riordan in January are you so sure we need a team of 11 grafters as you put it?

Riordan doesnt need to try as half as much of the rest because he has qaulity..He will find the net more often than not...You want Nish who gives a million percent effort and will get you 6? 8? goals a season..Or Riordan who will get you 10-15 and mega assists??.

Totally staggering stuff

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2011, 10:24 PM
From the game i was at Riordan was the heartbeat of every oppurtunity we had..Their werent many but he instigated every chance...Would he be in my starting 11? Wont answer that.

Who else played a blinder?..Im not here to merely pick up on your posts or have a go at you..The fact of the matter is Hibernian will be weaker without Riordan...Mate thats a god given fact...

Ill pose this teaser to you..Say we lose Deek in January and dont strenghen..Are you honestly confident we have enough goals in the team to survive the drop? Hypothetical i know..We may strenghen at the back but Calderwood has let Bamba go saying he has a ready made replacement in Hanlon so...If we lose Riordan in January are you so sure we need a team of 11 grafters as you put it?

Riordan doesnt need to try as half as much of the rest because he has qaulity..He will find the net more often than not...You want Nish who gives a million percent effort and will get you 6? 8? goals a season..Or Riordan who will get you 10-15 and mega assists??.

Totally staggering stuff

Naw he disnae, he's blowing out his erse after 30 minutes? I have heard others say this before, and never understood it. Remember he also gets a rest after every challenge.:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
05-01-2011, 10:30 PM

Totally staggering stuff

I have not seen enough of Duffy, but from his 86 minutes played so far I think he will get goals for us.....

Imagine Riordan with all his quality giving that wee bit extra for the cause? It was a derby on Saturday and thought DR would have been bursting a gut to fight for every ball.... We never saw that from him, but we should have...... IMO.....His passes were decent and set up chances but he has to get more involved, and take games by scruff of the neck..... All the players in the team should be doing this, and especially in a derby

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 10:38 PM
I have not seen enough of Duffy, but from his 86 minutes played so far I think he will get goals for us.....

Imagine Riordan with all his quality giving that wee bit extra for the cause? It was a derby on Saturday and thought DR would have been bursting a gut to fight for every ball.... We never saw that from him, but we should have...... IMO.....His passes were decent and set up chances but he has to get more involved, and take games by scruff of the neck..... All the players in the team should be doing this, and especially in a derby

Mightely impressed with him in Saturday :agree: Ran his heart out for the cause..Was loving that :agree:..BUT...BUT.....Shall we have a player busting a gut but creating nowt or a half hearted Riordan that is the heartbeat of the team :dunno:

Shall we put all our eggs in one baskets and 'hope' he gets the goals in the spl that will ensure our survival :dunno: Coz their is sure as hell not enough goal scorers in the team that put the ball away.

Like you i liked the look of Duffy..Heart of a lion..But to be brutally honest we dont know if he can score goals at this level

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2011, 10:46 PM

Imagine this, Hibs with a striker who scores over 100 times for the club. Wait a minute, you don't have to. When did Riordan ever take any game by the scruff of the neck? When did he burst a gut for every ball? He's all about goals, not crunching into tackles. You wouldnt ask Colin Nish to hold the ball up, and lay it off for supporting midfielders. Or win the aeriel battle with his marker, would you?

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Imagine this, Hibs with a striker who scores over 100 times for the club. Wait a minute, you don't have to. When did Riordan ever take any game by the scruff of the neck? When did he burst a gut for every ball? He's all about goals, not crunching into tackles. You wouldnt ask Colin Nish to hold the ball up, and lay it off for supporting midfielders. Or win the aeriel battle with his marker, would you?

Nail hammer heid...You cant come back from this post..He will try his hardest tho..

matty_f
05-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Mightely impressed with him in Saturday :agree: Ran his heart out for the cause..Was loving that :agree:..BUT...BUT.....Shall we have a player busting a gut but creating nowt or a half hearted Riordan that is the heartbeat of the team :dunno:

Shall we put all our eggs in one baskets and 'hope' he gets the goals in the spl that will ensure our survival :dunno: Coz their is sure as hell not enough goal scorers in the team that put the ball away.

Like you i liked the look of Duffy..Heart of a lion..But to be brutally honest we dont know if he can score goals at this level

Duffy made 2 chances for himself in the derby, one turning on the ball and firing in a decent shot from the edge of the box which forced a save from whoever the Yam keeper was, and the other when he worked a bit of space in the box for himself but the defender managed to get in the way just before he got his shot away. If Riordan's game is getting talked up because of his contributions, then so must Duffy's.

FWIW, I'm in agreement that we should try and keep Deek. There are ten other players who can do the running about mental bit, we need a player who can get goals when there's nothing on as well.

HibbyAndy
05-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Duffy made 2 chances for himself in the derby, one turning on the ball and firing in a decent shot from the edge of the box which forced a save from whoever the Yam keeper was, and the other when he worked a bit of space in the box for himself but the defender managed to get in the way just before he got his shot away. If Riordan's game is getting talked up because of his contributions, then so must Duffy's.

FWIW, I'm in agreement that we should try and keep Deek. There are ten other players who can do the running about mental bit, we need a player who can get goals when there's nothing on as well.

Riordan is getting talked up because he has scored over a hundred spl goals.

Im not going to argue with you tho in the Duffy respect.im merely stating here time after time after time after time after time Hibs cannot afford to lose Riordans/ His goals.

Ill stick my neck out and say if Hibs lose Riordan we will get relagated...Feel free the usual suspects to have a bash..But i gaurentee you we wont be far off the mark losing Deek..Keep him and its a diff ball game.

I know your thoughts regarding Deek Matty so we wont go their as i share the same theory..But Anyone thinking Deek is a passenger etc doesnt know Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2011, 11:21 PM

Im not going to argue with you tho in the Duffy respect.im merely stating here time after time after time after time after time Hibs cannot afford to lose Riordans/ His goals.

Ill stick my neck out and say if Hibs lose Riordan we will get relagated...Feel free the usual suspects to have a bash..But i gaurentee you we wont be far off the mark losing Deek..Keep him and its a diff ball game.

I know your thoughts regarding Deek Matty so we wont go their as i share the same theory..But Anyone thinking Deek is a passenger etc doesnt know Hibs.

I'd say Nish/stevenson/rankin/murray/hogg/hart in fact most of this lot are bigger passengers than Riordan will ever be. Get shot of Riordan, and bring in someone who can graft. :faf:

ScottB
05-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Regardless of the pro's and con's of Riordan, if he goes our crowds will collapse, and those that remain will be angry.

That alone could well send us down.

The Harp Awakes
05-01-2011, 11:35 PM

Every player in the World has weaknesses. You choose to focus on Deeks negatives whereas many others on this thread focus on his strengths.

The question is though, do Deek's strengths outweigh his weaknesses? A massive yes IMO. Deek is a player we quite simply can't afford to lose.

shambles
06-01-2011, 12:09 AM
I asked the same, and there has been silence ever since.
The pub was on Leith Walk :agree:

J-C
06-01-2011, 01:57 AM
I'd say Nish/stevenson/rankin/murray/hogg/hart in fact most of this lot are bigger passengers than Riordan will ever be. Get shot of Riordan, and bring in someone who can graft. :faf:

On Realradio tonight, Roughie said that although Goodwillie was a grafter and a decent player, Riordan for all his faults re his work rate was by far the better player........and Goodwillie is being touted for Rangers and Celtic either now or the summer. Also comments were made concerning good Scottish talent being wasted over the years by the OF.........when you have a gem of a player, you keep them because gems are worth their money.

RickyS
06-01-2011, 02:58 AM
Every player in the World has weaknesses. You choose to focus on Deeks negatives whereas many others on this thread focus on his strengths.

The question is though, do Deek's strengths outweigh his weaknesses? A massive yes IMO. Deek is a player we quite simply can't afford to lose.

BRAVO! well said that man. DEEK MUST STAY - :top marks

sahib
06-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Regardless of the pro's and con's of Riordan, if he goes our crowds will collapse, and those that remain will be angry.

That's not such a problem now that everybody is sitting down. They will just look like they have nodded off and who would blame them?

Expecting Rain
06-01-2011, 10:25 AM
I think there is a lack of repect in some quarters for what Derek Riordan has achieved at Easter Road, i also think that players like him enhance the game in this country, football would be a lot poorer without guys with his ability, constantly harping on about him not tracking back and tackling is to miss the point, most average players can do that all day and still not affect a game of football.
If Riordan leaves at the end of the season Hibs will just have to get on with it, you would like to think they are planning for that already, in my opinion i think they see Duffy as his replacement.

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2011, 10:34 AM

Here is an example for "people" who don't know hibs as you mention in another post..... We go to Ibrox and win 3-0 without DR with 3 different goal scorers..... Hardly putting all our eggs in one basket....

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2011, 10:37 AM

I would rather DR stayed as well, but are Hibs only a 1 man team?? Judging from you and Blackpool you would think so..... He moved on before and we survived, I think we would survive again if he was to go.......

Makes me wonder why you and Blackpool watch Hibs if we only have 1 player you admire?

Sammy7nil
06-01-2011, 10:47 AM
I would rather DR stayed as well, but are Hibs only a 1 man team?? Judging from you and Blackpool you would think so..... He moved on before and we survived, I think we would survive again if he was to go.......

Makes me wonder why you and Blackpool watch Hibs if we only have 1 player you admire?

Watching Hibs without Deek or Zemmama is like watching Olympic knitting finals

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2011, 10:50 AM

Is there such a thing?:confused:

Ray_
06-01-2011, 10:50 AM

Sadly lots of people are not watching Hibs at the moment because there has only been one player worth watching & unless things change, even less will be watching.

Yes he did move on before, I thought it would be pretty obvious, but clearly not, the biggest difference this time would be the players he left behind, they aren't a patch of the team we had in 2006 & therefore his loss would be felt far more.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 10:53 AM

Complete and utter rubbish, i would watch Hibs with or without Riordan. I admire one or two of the current lot, but i'd like to admire more of them.

I'd also like us to keep our better players, and i'd like us to play good football, rather than what i watched on Saturday, which was the type of football we used to slaughter Hearts for playing.:confused:

Better football, creative football needs quality players, we only have a couple of them. I prefer to watch these types, rather than the hammer throwers you seem to prefer?

Andy74
06-01-2011, 10:56 AM

They won't really. Resigning Derek didn't make or crowds increase any despite us hearing that if Petrie did it that it would add thousands to the gate.

Andy74
06-01-2011, 10:58 AM

Ibrox??

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Is there such a thing?:confused:

Yes, big Colin was knocked out in the 1st round by Edna Brocklewhaite, in a real needle match.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Ibrox??

If we can get lucky to finish 4th, i'd say a win at ibrox was lucky.

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Complete and utter rubbish, i would watch Hibs with or without Riordan. I admire one or two of the current lot, but i'd like to admire more of them.

I'd also like us to keep our better players, and i'd like us to play good football, rather than what i watched on Saturday, which was the type of football we used to slaughter Hearts for playing.:confused:

Better football, creative football needs quality players, we only have a couple of them. I prefer to watch these types, rather than the hammer throwers you seem to prefer?

I prefer to watch players who give 100% effort for the cause, would be great if their was a mix of hard steel, and creativity but hey ho..... Not into hammer throwers though, not sure Hibs have any to be honest........

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Yes, big Colin was knocked out in the 1st round by Edna Brocklewhaite, in a real needle match.

Im in stitches........

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2011, 11:11 AM
If we can get lucky to finish 4th, i'd say a win at ibrox was lucky.

Our best display of the Season by miles though?

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 11:11 AM
I prefer to watch players who give 100% effort for the cause, would be great if their was a mix of hard steel, and creativity but hey ho..... Not into hammer throwers though, not sure Hibs have any to be honest........

Who?

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Who?

Was not on about current crop.......Wish we had guys with heart like Sauzee, Hughes, Willie Miller, Geebsie, who would fight all day for the jersey

Dirkster23
06-01-2011, 11:14 AM

Who are all these "hammer throwers" in the Hibs team? Ian Murray's probably the closest we have in the current team. Having said that, i'd guess probably Liam Miller has given away the most amount fouls and picked up the most yellow/red cards this season.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Who are all these "hammer throwers" in the Hibs team? Ian Murray's probably the closest we have in the current team. Having said that, i'd guess probably Liam Miller has given away the most amount fouls and picked up the most yellow/red cards this season.

That just about says it all, you think Miller is a hammer thrower. :faf:

Our Midfield of Murray De Graff Miller and Rankin, is full of them, bar Miller, who's the only one with any ability to pick out a pass.

Dirkster23
06-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Where exactly did I call Miller a hammer thrower?? If you read my post again you'll see I don't think there's any in the current team.

I think your confusing hammer throwers with players that just aren't very good.

Who does have the worst disciplinary record in the team this season?

ahibby
06-01-2011, 11:52 AM

I go along with your sentiments Green Skye. Derek is not an all round footballer and quite often he does next to nothing for the vast majority of all games but in a few seconds of genius he is capable of scoring. He is capable of tracking back and helping defence and for me his best all round game where he came very close to being an all rounder was in the 1-3 away victory against Motherwell, I think at the beginning of last season. It's not even as though you could say okay we'll bring him on as a sub and get the goal out of him in the last twenty minutes. That's just not our Deek. So in a sense he is a bit of a luxury and when he isn't firing as per the last three games then it's even more noticable. Zemmama can score from set pieces and hopefully Duffy will provide the box goals, if Deek does go. I am not in favour of him going but as things stand as long as Zemmama and Duffy stay injury free then we wouldn't be a lot worse of if at all if he goes.

ahibby
06-01-2011, 11:53 AM
That just about says it all, you think Miller is a hammer thrower. :faf:

Our Midfield of Murray De Graff Miller and Rankin, is full of them, bar Miller, who's the only one with any ability to pick out a pass.

I know a few who would disagree with you. Miller often picks out the wrong pass and is one of the worst for giving the ball away even when not under pressure.

sambajustice
06-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I go along with your sentiments Green Skye. Derek is not an all round footballer and quite often he does next to nothing for the vast majority of all games but in a few seconds of genius he is capable of scoring. He is capable of tracking back and helping defence and for me his best all round game where he came very close to being an all rounder was in the 1-3 away victory against Motherwell, I think at the beginning of last season. It's not even as though you could say okay we'll bring him on as a sub and get the goal out of him in the last twenty minutes. That's just not our Deek. So in a sense he is a bit of a luxury and when he isn't firing as per the last three games then it's even more noticable. Zemmama can score from set pieces and hopefully Duffy will provide the box goals, if Deek does go. I am not in favour of him going but as things stand as long as Zemmama and Duffy stay injury free then we wouldn't be a lot worse of if at all if he goes.

:faf:

ahibby
06-01-2011, 12:01 PM
:faf:

I take it from your impressive ability to use smileys that you think we would be a lot worse off. Well I'm not going to get in to an argument over it but if you think that Deeks is the man to get us back up the table then all I'm prepared to say is.... :bye:

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Where exactly did I call Miller a hammer thrower?? If you read my post again you'll see I don't think there's any in the current team.

I think your confusing hammer throwers with players that just aren't very good.

Who does have the worst disciplinary record in the team this season?

You said the nearest we have to a hammer thrower is Miller, because of his red and yellow card record. Ok we dont have any hammer throwers, just like we dont have any hod carriers. We do have bad players though, Riordan aint one of them.

sambajustice
06-01-2011, 12:23 PM
I take it from your impressive ability to use smileys that you think we would be a lot worse off. Well I'm not going to get in to an argument over it but if you think that Deeks is the man to get us back up the table then all I'm prepared to say is.... :bye:

He's not THE man but he's A man that can help and if you take him out the team we are completely toothless. Zemmama is WAY overated while Duffy hasn't exactly scored a lot of goals anywhere!

We need more than one man to get us out of this, try 6 or 7 but if you think Zemmama and Duffy are the men to get us up the table then all i'm prepared to say is :bye:

Then again i "know eff all about football". Apparently.

Dirkster23
06-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Your talking pish! I clearly say Ian Murray's probably the closest we have in the team.

Your the one that's obsessed with hammer throwers, all i did was point out Miller had the worst disciplinary record at the club this season.

I never said Riordan was a bad player, I hope he's gracing ER for years to come!

Bad Martini
06-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Agreeing with HibbyAndy on this one completely.

If Riordan done nothing/not enough/not good enough, what the **** did most of the rest of our "team" do last week? Based on what I seen, they done LESS than **** all and were even LESS than good enough, with the exception of Brown and Murray on occassion and a few other occassional bits of decent play. YES, Hibs were sheite overall but this bollocks about Riordan is just that.

I keep hearing its a team game etc etc etc. Nope...it's not right now. It should be but it's not. The biggest irony here is, most of the time (whether he's doing ENOUGH or not for some people) one of the players who does anything of note at all (including these pesky goal scoring jobs) is Riordan.

Just like Liverpool with Gerrard, we have (unfairly and stupidly) come to RELY on Riordan both directly, and indirectly. Plenty goals from him in the past and still now, with a piss poor service too. Plenty goals he has setup in the past and now (plenty goals Stokes burried come from Deek anaw) and most every DECENT dead ball move we've had and will have, has started at Deeks boot.

Regards Nish's chance - all he had to do was make the keeper save it from Riordans pass........he failed. Furthermore, had Nish or some other player managed to string the same pass to Riordan, I have little doubt he'd at least prompted a save from the yams keeper and more likely (as he has done 100 times before), burried the ****er. Given all that was needed on the 2 decent corners Deek put in was a head, I'll say aye, that was the REST of our "players" at fault.

Deek canny pass to himself AND score now can he? Maybe he should be in 2 places at once? Or maybe some of the other 9 outfield players as well as Riordan could get their fingers out their collective ***** and DO something of note instead of collecting a wage. There were some exceptions to that last week, I grant you but the facts are, without Riordans goals, we WOULD be ****ed......goals are what matters most in a league based on points and winning games. Not suggesting we resort to awful performances but right now, we need goals and we need lots of them but right now, I'd settle for more goals than our opponents.

As is often overlooked too, direct assists and starting moves such as good corners, often come from this luxury top scorer of ours anaw......

ancient hibee
06-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Although he never became a first choice at Celtc.
Suggest you read my post properly:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Your talking pish! I clearly say Ian Murray's probably the closest we have in the team.

Your the one that's obsessed with hammer throwers, all i did was point out Miller had the worst disciplinary record at the club this season.

I never said Riordan was a bad player, I hope he's gracing ER for years to come!

Why pick out Millers disciplinary record, if its not to compare with the hammer throwing comment? FWIW i'm obsessed with nothing at easter road.

aberhibsfc
06-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Some of the stuff on this thread is annoying.

Look, Riordan does have things in his game that could be improved, there are also attributes that should not be expected of him. Yes he's scoring goals and we're still getting beat but it's not for him to do everything.

We must be well off for players if we think he's a weak link, granted we won at Ibrox, but if your a gambler who would you put your money on to score our goals.

In addition he has played most of the season on his own up front, whilst sometimes technically not on his own, he might have well as been.

We shouldn't bankrupt ourselves, but we should be doing everything financially possible/affordable to retain his services. Given the clear out we should be saving money, now if we don't want to break a wage structure then why not break it down into a sizeable signing on fee or put in some clauses which if he succeeds them he gets the extra.

Alfred E Newman
06-01-2011, 12:59 PM

To pin our hopes of avoiding relegation on Zemmama and an injury prone striker who hasn`t managed a full 90 mins since signing 6 months ago would be madness.

Dirkster23
06-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Why pick out Millers disciplinary record, if its not to compare with the hammer throwing comment? FWIW i'm obsessed with nothing at easter road.

To illustrate the point that we don't have any hammer throwers in the team. If we did, would Liam Miller have the worst disciplinary record?

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 01:09 PM
To illustrate the point that we don't have any hammer throwers in the team. If we did, would Liam Miller have the worst disciplinary record?

A hammer thrower in footballing terms, imo is someone who clatters into the opposition, breaking play up. We have Rankin/Murray and DeGraff who do this, albeit badly. Miller does not.

Alfred E Newman
06-01-2011, 01:23 PM
A hammer thrower in footballing terms, imo is someone who clatters into the opposition, breaking play up. We have Rankin/Murray and DeGraff who do this, albeit badly. Miller does not.

Being hit by De Graaf would be more like being wafted gently with a feather duster.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Being hit by De Graaf would be more like being wafted gently with a feather duster.

:faf: At least he makes up for that with his goals.

Dirkster23
06-01-2011, 01:33 PM

6 yellow and 1 red card so far this season suggests Miller's clattering the opposition too. If anyone knows a website that shows the number of fouls commited by SPL players i'd hazard a guess that Miller will be right up there with the players you've listed.

You go to games, Millers always giving away fouls for nibbling away at the heels or pulling back the opposition. I don't have a problem with that but if it makes Rankin/Murray and De Graaf hammer throwers, then it must do Miller too.

HibbyAndy
06-01-2011, 01:38 PM
6 yellow and 1 red card so far this season suggests Miller's clattering the opposition too. If anyone knows a website that shows the number of fouls commited by SPL players i'd hazard a guess that Miller will be right up there with the players you've listed.

You go to games, Millers always giving away fouls for nibbling away at the heels or pulling back the opposition. I don't have a problem with that but if it makes Rankin/Murray and De Graaf hammer throwers, then it must do Miller too.

To be fair the Miller red card was later rescinded. Total joke he got sent off..And the year before that at Motherwell again he got sent off and again rescinded.

ancient hibee
06-01-2011, 01:41 PM
There are 2 reasons Miller gets booked so often-first he can't tackle and second he doesn't have the pace or strength to get goalside of an opponent so he tends to clip their heels-instant yellow.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 01:42 PM

You did read what i called a hammer thrower?

GreenPJ
06-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Like almost every single player at ER, Derek has underperformed over the last 18 months. He has scored some important goals for us and missed some.

As one of our very few star players (some people think our only star player) you need and expect him to step up to the plate and deliver otherwise what makes them a star. He has done this on occassion and hasn't on others.

Am sure almost all Hibs fans would prefer Derek to stay at Easter Road than leave so if a deal can be sorted that is acceptable to all parties good and well, however, whilst I would like to see Derek stay I would most like to see a successful Hibs. If that can be achieved with Derek then brilliant, if it is achieved without Derek then brilliant.

Dirkster23
06-01-2011, 01:50 PM
To be fair the Miller red card was later rescinded. Total joke he got sent off..And the year before that at Motherwell again he got sent off and again rescinded.

Fair point Andy.

My points not that LM's a dirty player, more he commits as many fouls as the rest of our midfield.

Dirkster23
06-01-2011, 01:52 PM
You did read what i called a hammer thrower?

Yeah- constantly nibbling at players and pulling them back is surely breaking up play :rolleyes:

smurf
06-01-2011, 01:52 PM

If Riordan done nothing/not enough/not good enough, what the **** did most of the rest of our "team" do last week? Based on what I seen, they done LESS than **** all and were even LESS than good enough, with the exception of Brown and Murray on occassion and a few other occassional bits of decent play. YES, Hibs were sheite overall but this bollocks about Riordan is just that.

I keep hearing its a team game etc etc etc. Nope...it's not right now. It should be but it's not. The biggest irony here is, most of the time (whether he's doing ENOUGH or not for some people) one of the players who does anything of note at all (including these pesky goal scoring jobs) is Riordan.

Just like Liverpool with Gerrard, we have (unfairly and stupidly) come to RELY on Riordan both directly, and indirectly. Plenty goals from him in the past and still now, with a piss poor service too. Plenty goals he has setup in the past and now (plenty goals Stokes burried come from Deek anaw) and most every DECENT dead ball move we've had and will have, has started at Deeks boot.

Regards Nish's chance - all he had to do was make the keeper save it from Riordans pass........he failed. Furthermore, had Nish or some other player managed to string the same pass to Riordan, I have little doubt he'd at least prompted a save from the yams keeper and more likely (as he has done 100 times before), burried the ****er. Given all that was needed on the 2 decent corners Deek put in was a head, I'll say aye, that was the REST of our "players" at fault.

Deek canny pass to himself AND score now can he? Maybe he should be in 2 places at once? Or maybe some of the other 9 outfield players as well as Riordan could get their fingers out their collective ***** and DO something of note instead of collecting a wage. There were some exceptions to that last week, I grant you but the facts are, without Riordans goals, we WOULD be ****ed......goals are what matters most in a league based on points and winning games. Not suggesting we resort to awful performances but right now, we need goals and we need lots of them but right now, I'd settle for more goals than our opponents.

As is often overlooked too, direct assists and starting moves such as good corners, often come from this luxury top scorer of ours anaw......

:top marks

Says it all for me.

I can only put down the minority with their grudge towards Derek down to jelousy.

IMHO if the guy was born and brought up in France supporting Rennes he wouldn't get the stick he does.

We have an actual proper Hibernian legend playing for our club.

We should enjoy and celebrate him.

He's currently the only thing worth going to see Hibs for.

HibbyAndy
06-01-2011, 01:56 PM
:top marks

Says it all for me.

I can only put down the minority with their grudge towards Derek down to jelousy.

IMHO if the guy was born and brought up in France supporting Rennes he wouldn't get the stick he does.

We have an actual proper Hibernian legend playing for our club.

We should enjoy and celebrate him.

He's currently the only thing worth going to see Hibs for.

Amen brother.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Yeah- constantly nibbling at players and pulling them back is surely breaking up play :rolleyes:

No.

Dirkster23
06-01-2011, 02:17 PM
No.

:faf: If it doesn't break up the play why does he do it?

Murray's always been capable of a crunching tackle, just ask Ian Black. John Rankin and Edwin De Graaf :faf: teams must be really worried about playing us with they bruisers in midfield :bye:

discman
06-01-2011, 02:23 PM

I posted on the Thicot thread about the defences performance and how the Daily Record rated them, they prety much snuffed out the attacking threat a view echoed by JC and the other one on ESPN they also agreed that we should have had a pen at the end,we almost nicked something,it wasnt pretty but we battled.something to build on providing theyre,the defence, are given a chance to jell together.

With regard to Deeks,he cant tackle or track back,but what he can do is score goals and I'm sure unsettle defences when he plays in their faces,so as I said on the other thread play him as far up front as possible and play Duffy alongside,who has a bit of pace and will graft all day,those two could give any defence problems,take away from Deeks the resposibilty of having to do the things he's no good at and let him do what he does best and maybe goals will start flowing again :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 02:23 PM
:faf: If it doesn't break up the play why does he do it?

Murray's always been capable of a crunching tackle, just ask Ian Black. John Rankin and Edwin De Graaf :faf: teams must be really worried about playing us with they bruisers in midfield :bye:

Quality, Liam Miller hammer thrower. :top marks :faf::faf:

Shrekko
06-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Quality, Liam Miller hammer thrower. :top marks :faf::faf:

I don't think Dirkster23 has at any point suggested that.

Think you've lost this one BlackpoolHibs.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2011, 02:48 PM
I don't think Dirkster23 has at any point suggested that.

Think you've lost this one BlackpoolHibs.

I never lose. :wink: As i said earlier, imo a hammer thrower in footballing terms is someone who clatter into the opposition.

They normally have little ability, and their main attribute is to unsettle the opposition, break play up and when they have won the ball, give it to those who can play. Anyone with a brain understands what a hammer thrower is.

Our hammer throwers are not very good hammer throwers.

ahibby
06-01-2011, 02:54 PM
I posted on the Thicot thread about the defences performance and how the Daily Record rated them, they prety much snuffed out the attacking threat a view echoed by JC and the other one on ESPN they also agreed that we should have had a pen at the end,we almost nicked something,it wasnt pretty but we battled.something to build on providing theyre,the defence, are given a chance to jell together.

With regard to Deeks,he cant tackle or track back,but what he can do is score goals and I'm sure unsettle defences when he plays in their faces,so as I said on the other thread play him as far up front as possible and play Duffy alongside,who has a bit of pace and will graft all day,those two could give any defence problems,take away from Deeks the resposibilty of having to do the things he's no good at and let him do what he does best and maybe goals will start flowing again :greengrin

C'mon surely you don't mean that in bold. I have never seen Deeks get in defences faces in fact quite the opposite he prefers to go behind their backs and hopes to intercept back passes. Everyone knows he does that yes including every CH in the SPL and yet he still does it. No wonder previous managers haven't rated him as a CF but more of a Nakamura type scoring coming from wide midfield. It's forwards like Kyle et al that get in defences faces.

Shrekko
06-01-2011, 02:58 PM
I never lose. :wink: As i said earlier, imo a hammer thrower in footballing terms is someone who clatter into the opposition.

They normally have little ability, and their main attribute is to unsettle the opposition, break play up and when they have won the ball, give it to those who can play. Anyone with a brain understands what a hammer thrower is.

Our hammer throwers are not very good hammer throwers.

You maybe don't think you've lost but you're certainly on the ropes with the ref about to step in. You're resorting to laughing at things that haven't even been said to keep the argument going.

Nobody said Liam Miller is a hammer thrower. Fact.

Dirkster23
06-01-2011, 03:09 PM
You maybe don't think you've lost but you're certainly on the ropes with the ref about to step in. You're resorting to laughing at things that haven't even been said to keep the argument going.

END OF :agree:

discman
06-01-2011, 03:29 PM
C'mon surely you don't mean that in bold. I have never seen Deeks get in defences faces in fact quite the opposite he prefers to go behind their backs and hopes to intercept back passes. Everyone knows he does that yes including every CH in the SPL and yet he still does it. No wonder previous managers haven't rated him as a CF but more of a Nakamura type scoring coming from wide midfield. It's forwards like Kyle et al that get in defences faces.

OK put Duffy in that role and play Deeks slightly off him,he was played inthat role at Parkhead when we got beat 2-1 and Deeks both played well and got a wonder goal!

Its trying to find a solution to "where can Deeks be most effective conundrum" I watched the derby game again last night and Deeks contribution was limited to be kind, not one tackle,lots of grimacing,shoulder shrugging and looked as miserable as sin,I think people recognise that he's ineffective playing left midfield and I think he would acknowledge that,so play him well up front let him and Duffy switch it about,Deeks is happiest 20yds from goal ball at feet,so stick him up there,if he fails to produce........havent a scooby!!! :dunno:

bruno
06-01-2011, 04:53 PM
OK put Duffy in that role and play Deeks slightly off him,he was played inthat role at Parkhead when we got beat 2-1 and Deeks both played well and got a wonder goal!

Its trying to find a solution to "where can Deeks be most effective conundrum" I watched the derby game again last night and Deeks contribution was limited to be kind, not one tackle,lots of grimacing,shoulder shrugging and looked as miserable as sin,I think people recognise that he's ineffective playing left midfield and I think he would acknowledge that,so play him well up front let him and Duffy switch it about,Deeks is happiest 20yds from goal ball at feet,so stick him up there,if he fails to produce........havent a scooby!!! :dunno:

I think that the talent Riordan has cannot be disputed however he only comes alive when the ball is at his feet. Admittedly i don't see him that often but I watched him warm up on Saturday and a less interested player you could fail to find.

My young son commented that he didn't look like he wanted to be there and certainly not take part in the exerceises. Mind you they had them warming up right in front of the Wheatfield on the touchline which I thought a bit strange.
Perhaps getting abuse so long before kick off meant he switched off rather than react. The 2 coaches were definitely trying to urge him on but he failed to respond.

All in all I wonder if he wants to be there playing in a team he perhaps feels he has outgrown. There cannot ever be a doubt his love for his club perhaps just not in love with the current team.

On the plus side for you I thought Duffy looked like he will add something for the second half but if Riordan goes his goal tally will need to be shared around as he is a one off talent.

cammy1969
06-01-2011, 06:43 PM
how people can come on after that game and rip in 2 deek is unbelieveable our midfield let that wee **** black run the game for hearts the space he got especially in the 2nd half was unreal the only time we done anything of note deek was the 1 that sparked it imo

Albion Hibs
06-01-2011, 06:48 PM

Its his standard phrase / the extent of his football knowledge!

I think every team has a "hammer thrower" more commonly known as a defensive midfielder!

Albion Hibs
06-01-2011, 06:50 PM
how people can come on after that game and rip in 2 deek is unbelieveable our midfield let that wee **** black run the game for hearts the space he got especially in the 2nd half was unreal the only time we done anything of note deek was the 1 that sparked it imo

That spark will have been about the only thing he did! Dont get me wrong he is a very good player, buy his contribution overall is not good enough at the moment.

Hibeesb0unc3
06-01-2011, 06:53 PM
i don't think any Hibs fans doubt that Deeks has the quality, it's just his effort in games that frustrates the fans.

Bostonhibby
06-01-2011, 07:08 PM

:agree: And run aboot a bit, what about that O'Brien guy who might be available from Swindon some time soon? :duck:

ancient hibee
06-01-2011, 07:10 PM
i don't think any Hibs fans doubt that Deeks has the quality, it's just his effort in games that frustrates the fans.
Quite right-it doesn't take any effort to become the spl's 3rd highest goal scorer.Wait till he starts trying he could go some.

Bostonhibby
06-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Quite right-it doesn't take any effort to become the spl's 3rd highest goal scorer.Wait till he starts trying he could go some.

:agree: Anyone old enough to remember that fat useless bassa Gerd Muller, never left the 18 yard box, never seemed to try that hard until the ball came to him in the box.

I never understand why the players who have the talent to put a ball where they want bother passing, surely they could just get the heid doon and run with it to that exact spot? has to be the way to do it, gets rid of all those talented b*strds that can make something happen efortlessly.

Truth is the best sides have the right mix of both, but as someone said above the more common ones "hamer throwers" need to be good at it preferably.

We simply can't afford not to try and retain Riordan becasue of the message it will send to a sizeable majority of our fans.

cammy1969
06-01-2011, 07:20 PM
That spark will have been about the only thing he did! Dont get me wrong he is a very good player, buy his contribution overall is not good enough at the moment.
yeah your right the whole team has been very poor of late but deek would be the last 1 i,d want to leave out the team right now as there's not many goals coming from anyone else at the moment

Hibeesb0unc3
06-01-2011, 07:31 PM

i'm just simply pointing to the fact that there are many a games when he doesnt score and just spends the majority of the time having a moan at the rest of the team when they do something wrong yet he stands there as if he is something special.

But on the other hand when he does put in a preformance he is great and pretty much always scores us goals. The only problem being atm is that we are relying far too heavily on him to be the difference for us.

Dr Jimmy
06-01-2011, 07:37 PM
i'm just simply pointing to the fact that there are many a games when he doesnt score and just spends the majority of the time having a moan at the rest of the team when they do something wrong yet he stands there as if he is something special.

But on the other hand when he does put in a preformance he is great and pretty much always scores us goals. The only problem being atm is that we are relying far too heavily on him to be the difference for us.

You forgot to mention that his movement off the ball to find space for himself is excellent and part of the reason he moans is that we have nobody that can find him with a pass after he had found the space.
There is more to Riordan than averaging circa 20 goals a season (as if that's not enough), keep an eye on him next game and you will see.

Hibeesb0unc3
06-01-2011, 07:43 PM
ive said i dont doubt his quality, we just need some player that can take some of the burden from him to create and score the chances and help us pull away from the bottom of the league

Bad Martini
06-01-2011, 09:15 PM
What Deek has done of note this season that is tangible in the order of latest games first:

Aberdeen...we're 1 doon, Riordan equalises then we lose 2-1. Deeks goal gets us back into it and in all honesty, we were unlucky. Nae goal and 2-0 is much better tho. Clearly...

Kilmarnock...2-0 at half time, Riordan scores a raker (that nobody else could or would I might add) makes it 2-1 and suddenly Hibs spark to life. AGAIN, we have a chance not long after half time to get the equaliser...another where that goal was better not being there as 2-0 would have been better for the good auld goals against and for tally.

Inverness....another one where Riordans goal brought us back into the game, then shortly after, we lose goal 3 and are ****ed. 4-2 in the end and I reckon, Deeks fault anaw....

Motherwell, Deek equalises and scores winner. 2-1. ENDOF.

Celtic, Deek scores not long after half time as I recall, another 2-1 and another fighting chance supplied. 2-0, much better though....another goal against as I say, always handy when you're in a league position like ours due to your best goalscorer also failing to save goals of the line and defend......

Hamilton, 1-1 draw...Deek scores first then (when he takes over the mantle of midfielder/defender and keeper, he himself lets the equaliser in cause, thats his joab). He then afterwards rattled the bar so hard he almost broke the ****ing thing with the thud heard in Junction Street. Very unlucky not to score the winner there. (Note: this was the game where Nish scored an onside goal which was chopped off....one of the few times this season its been that way around and not been his fault and he's been genuinely "unlucky")

Inverness 1-1. Deek scores oor goal. Nuff said.

From all this, I reckon Deek would be better scoring **** all.

He'd be far better messing about in defence, midfield and not being up front scoring or supplying.

He'd be better not getting into goal scoring positions (and this makes no account of the chances he COULD have scored, had someone actually given the laddie the baw) and been in defence.

Sooo, from all this, where does our problems lie??? And who is to "blame"??? And what should Riordan have done INSTEAD of the above (And like I say, I have made zero reference to direct and indirect chances he's made for others and the rest of it)....merely goals.

**** it, lets fire pelters at Deek cause there's plenty others in the team doing FAR less cause that makes good sense :rolleyes:

MON THE DEEK, ENDOF. :na na::na na::na na:

HibbyAndy
06-01-2011, 09:27 PM
What Deek has done of note this season that is tangible in the order of latest games first:

Aberdeen...we're 1 doon, Riordan equalises then we lose 2-1. Deeks goal gets us back into it and in all honesty, we were unlucky. Nae goal and 2-0 is much better tho. Clearly...

Kilmarnock...2-0 at half time, Riordan scores a raker (that nobody else could or would I might add) makes it 2-1 and suddenly Hibs spark to life. AGAIN, we have a chance not long after half time to get the equaliser...another where that goal was better not being there as 2-0 would have been better for the good auld goals against and for tally.

Inverness....another one where Riordans goal brought us back into the game, then shortly after, we lose goal 3 and are ****ed. 4-2 in the end and I reckon, Deeks fault anaw....

Motherwell, Deek equalises and scores winner. 2-1. ENDOF.

Celtic, Deek scores not long after half time as I recall, another 2-1 and another fighting chance supplied. 2-0, much better though....another goal against as I say, always handy when you're in a league position like ours due to your best goalscorer also failing to save goals of the line and defend......

Hamilton, 1-1 draw...Deek scores first then (when he takes over the mantle of midfielder/defender and keeper, he himself lets the equaliser in cause, thats his joab). He then afterwards rattled the bar so hard he almost broke the ****ing thing with the thud heard in Junction Street. Very unlucky not to score the winner there. (Note: this was the game where Nish scored an onside goal which was chopped off....one of the few times this season its been that way around and not been his fault and he's been genuinely "unlucky")

Inverness 1-1. Deek scores oor goal. Nuff said.

From all this, I reckon Deek would be better scoring **** all.

He'd be far better messing about in defence, midfield and not being up front scoring or supplying.

He'd be better not getting into goal scoring positions (and this makes no account of the chances he COULD have scored, had someone actually given the laddie the baw) and been in defence.

Sooo, from all this, where does our problems lie??? And who is to "blame"??? And what should Riordan have done INSTEAD of the above (And like I say, I have made zero reference to direct and indirect chances he's made for others and the rest of it)....merely goals.

**** it, lets fire pelters at Deek cause there's plenty others in the team doing FAR less cause that makes good sense :rolleyes:

MON THE DEEK, ENDOF. :na na::na na::na na:

But BM you forgot to add Riordan is lazy and uninterested..Moans at the rest of his team mates cause nowts his fault.

Ill say it again and again, Hibernian would be bottom of the SPL right now without the guys goals, But hey dont let that get in the road of the Riordan is a lazy bassa haters, Losing Deek in the windae is like signing away oor spl status coz we have no one else to score goals, And if you disagree people then you tell me who will score the goals in this current team? Cmon hit me with names??

muirhousehibby
06-01-2011, 09:31 PM

Can you explain in more detail of what you'd like to see interms of effort and also explain what frustrates you.

Btw most players frustrate me at the minute in the current team.

Bad Martini
06-01-2011, 09:37 PM
But BM you forgot to add Riordan is lazy and uninterested..Moans at the rest of his team mates cause nowts his fault.

Ill say it again and again, Hibernian would be bottom of the SPL right now without the guys goals, But hey dont let that get in the road of the Riordan is a lazy bassa haters, Losing Deek in the windae is like signing away oor spl status coz we have no one else to score goals, And if you disagree people then you tell me who will score the goals in this current team? Cmon hit me with names??

Crazy talk Andy...We've got a goal difference of -11 and we're totally level with St Mirren on points and games (second bottom) , seperated from them only, by 5 goals.

Surely you can see the mass of goal scoring options we have Andy? Bichrist, just feast your eyes below on the "team" goal-scorers:

Riordan 8 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Luxury/Lazy Player
Miller 3
Bamba 2 *** LEFT THE BUILDING ***
De Graaf 2 (both in 1 game, against Maribor)
Hanlon 2
Hogg 2
Dickoh 1
Grounds 1 (CIS)
Nish 1
Rankin 1
Stokes 1 *** LEFT THE BUILDING ***

Without Riordans goals, we'd be second bottom and on less points. YES, I know there are other factors involved and someone else *might* have scored in his place. That's why I said we'd be second bottom...and not bottom.

HibbyAndy
06-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Crazy talk Andy...We've got a goal difference of -11 and we're totally level with St Mirren on points and games (second bottom) , seperated from them only, by 5 goals.

Surely you can see the mass of goal scoring options we have Andy? Bichrist, just feast your eyes below on the "team" goal-scorers:

Miller 3
Hanlon 2
Hogg 2
Dickoh 1
Grounds 1 (CIS)
Nish 1
Rankin 1

Without Riordans goals, we'd be second bottom and on less points. YES, I know there are other factors involved and someone else *might* have scored in his place. That's why I said we'd be second bottom...and not bottom.

Mate i cant really pick the bones from that..Im quite horrified at those stats..No one else chipping in with goals, I know if we never had Riordan we would have another body but their is no gaurantee that player would score goals frequently like Deek.

Bad Martini
06-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Mate i cant really pick the bones from that..Im quite horrified at those stats..No one else chipping in with goals, I know if we never had Riordan we would have another body but their is no gaurantee that player would score goals frequently like Deek.

Precisely Hamish. :agree:

That, is the whole point that 8 pages worth of discussion has been underlined by. We have a player who has scored all the goals and chipped in with plenty assists and started moves (which indirectly have led to goals e.g. corners, free-kicks, etc).

To suggest anyone else can or would have scored these goals is "pish". We've had a squad of players who have had the same amout of time as Riordan has to step up and do it and they haven't done it.

Thus, I conclude, we need this luxury player...and his goals, assists and dead-ball ability.
:aok:

The case rests m'lord....am off to find the key to the parallel universe where goals are not needed that way, Hibs would be 3rd in the league rather than our current lofty position :greengrin

GLORY GLORY

HibbyAndy
06-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Precisely Hamish. :agree:

That, is the whole point that 8 pages worth of discussion has been underlined by. We have a player who has scored all the goals and chipped in with plenty assists and started moves (which indirectly have led to goals e.g. corners, free-kicks, etc).

To suggest anyone else can or would have scored these goals is "pish". We've had a squad of players who have had the same amout of time as Riordan has to step up and do it and they haven't done it.

Thus, I conclude, we need this luxury player...and his goals, assists and dead-ball ability.
:aok:

The case rests m'lord....am off to find the key to the parallel universe where goals are not needed that way, Hibs would be 3rd in the league rather than our current lofty position :greengrin

GLORY GLORY

Spot on Guvner..:agree:...

silverhibee
06-01-2011, 10:18 PM

But yet he played the biggest part of last season in the left midfield position and scored 17 goals and maybe 10-12 assists which isn't to bad and he done his fair share of tracking back while in that position, i just think right now he is not getting very good service from the midfield while he is up front on his own, he does make good wee runs along the line looking for that through ball that very seldom comes from our midfield, i agree it is pointless to just lump the ball up to him when he is up on his own, and when that happens he starts moaning at players for not seeing the pass that he see's should be played.

TPAKA
06-01-2011, 11:20 PM

Again, point in bold. Mowbray played him LM for the majority of his time at ER & he still finished top scorer every season he played. I believe he also had the majority of assists, most shots on/off target, most goals per minutes played ratio even whilst at Celtic, where again he played LM. To suggest he's ineffective depends on what you're looking for from your LM.

If it's someone who can & will just run all day without too much end product, but hey he puts in a shift every week, then Derek's probably not that player, never has been, never will be.

The last 2 "serious" tackles he's made he's been sent off, 1 on Skacel & the other a few seasons ago on McNamara @ Darkheid. So he's not a tackler, again never has been, never will be.

Footballs not rocket science, you have a guy who scores goals for fun from a forward position on the park, you play him there & let the 10 other guys do their jobs. Or problem lies from defence to the majority of the midfield..... & upfront if we don't have Derek on the park at the moment.

At this moment in time I see us really struggling if he were to leave, but if it were I, then personally I'd be off to score another 100+ goals somewhere else where it may actually be acknowledged for that feat instead of, "the boy who scored 100+ goals for the Club but didn't really track back that much, wasn't the strongest of tacklers and liked a moan..." :rolleyes:

Dunbar Hibee
06-01-2011, 11:23 PM
I think that the talent Riordan has cannot be disputed however he only comes alive when the ball is at his feet. Admittedly i don't see him that often but I watched him warm up on Saturday and a less interested player you could fail to find.

My young son commented that he didn't look like he wanted to be there and certainly not take part in the exerceises. Mind you they had them warming up right in front of the Wheatfield on the touchline which I thought a bit strange.
Perhaps getting abuse so long before kick off meant he switched off rather than react. The 2 coaches were definitely trying to urge him on but he failed to respond.

All in all I wonder if he wants to be there playing in a team he perhaps feels he has outgrown. There cannot ever be a doubt his love for his club perhaps just not in love with the current team.

On the plus side for you I thought Duffy looked like he will add something for the second half but if Riordan goes his goal tally will need to be shared around as he is a one off talent.

I think he's played in enough to derbies to expect the abuse from your shower. Don't think that is why he didn't play well...

Sir David Gray
06-01-2011, 11:37 PM

I don't think any Hibs fan is ever going to be particularly happy about being inside Tynecastle, to be perfectly honest.

I don't think any of us ever want to be there.

:wink:

Bad Martini
06-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I don't think any Hibs fan is ever going to be particularly happy about being inside Tynecastle, to be perfectly honest.

I don't think any of us ever want to be there.

:wink:

Dunno. Ah wid pay a few notes for a DeLorean, some lightning and 1st Jan 1973 :greengrin

sambajustice
07-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Dunno. Ah wid pay a few notes for a DeLorean, some lightning and 1st Jan 1973 :greengrin

Hibs need the 1.21 gigawatts right up their erse at the moment!!!

bruno
07-01-2011, 09:21 AM
I think he's played in enough to derbies to expect the abuse from your shower. Don't think that is why he didn't play well...

Yes that was my point really maybe I didn’t write it clearly. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to be at Tynecastle as I’m sure he has some good and bad memories and the abuse he got certainly won’t worry him. It was just more his body language seemed to indicate he didn’t want to be in the current team set up.

I think once the ball comes to him instinct takes over and he shows his undoubted talent as in the pass when he put Nish in it’s just what happens inbetween times I feel sends out the wrong signals.

I know he has long been seen as a luxury player but I think he got rid of this tag last season when from what I saw he did work really hard for the team. He was committed and that added to talent makes him a valuable team player but I just think he seems to tailed off. Perhaps he needs a fresh challenge, or perhaps if Calderwood signs some better quality he will get his spark back.

Bostonhibby
07-01-2011, 05:15 PM

Miller 3
Hanlon 2
Hogg 2
Dickoh 1
Grounds 1 (CIS)
Nish 1
Rankin 1

Christ, never realised it was that pathetic - what about OG? Where the **** has Oggy been? normally chips in one or two a season. Workshy luxury if you ask me - punt him - not a single goal so far this season, disgraceful, plenty of others we call hammer throwers have contributed more.

Typical Hibs, most of the other SPL clubs have an OG and theIr guy is scoring more than ours. Has to be down to Yogi / Mixu, hopefully we will see better under Calderwood as theres a real opportunity to improve this in the transfer window.