PDA

View Full Version : See, The Problem Is....

Speedway
01-01-2011, 09:58 PM
That although I enjoyed a derby at Slimehassle that had no calamity goalkeeping, we lost....AGAIN.

Although Mark Brown is a very solid keeper, he's not commanding.

Although Steven Thicot is technicially talented, he's a very slow decision maker.

Although Francis Dickoh is a strong CH, he lacks confidence.

Although Paul Hanlon is the next big Hibs export, he lacks experience.

Although Jonathan Grounds is returning to Middlesborough, he hasn't gone yet.

Although Ed De Graff is a very clever player, he takes a hundred strides to cover a yard and can't get near the ball in time to do anything clever with it.

Although Ian Murray is whole hearted, he's later than Jools Holland.

Although Liam Miller may well be a talented player, he's an absolute girl.

Although Derek Riordan is the next true Hibs legend, he's not a left midfielder.

Although Vlad Trakys tries very hard, he's slower than a wet weekend in Wigan.

Although Daryl Duffy is a hungry and direct striker, he's only just coming back from injury.

Although CC can set up a side, have a game plan, make timely subs and change tactics to our favour, he's not going to get the money he needs to buy the quality he needs to be effective with those skills.

We've got a hard second half of the season ahead. It will be interesting to find out who these two players are that CC has brought in with the proceeds of the Bamba sale.

snooky
01-01-2011, 10:01 PM
That although I enjoyed a derby at Slimehassle that had no calamity goalkeeping, we lost....AGAIN.

Although Steven Thicot is technicially talented, he's a very slow decision maker.

Although Ed De Graff is a very clever player, he takes a hundred strides to cover a yard and can't get near the ball in time to do anything clever with it.

Although Derek Riordan is the next true Hibs legend, he's not a left midfielder.

Although Daryl Duffy is a hungry and direct striker, he's only just coming back from injury.

Although CC can set up a side, have a game plan, make timely subs and change tactics to our favour, he's not going to get the money he needs to buy the quality he needs to be effective with those skills.

We've got a hard second half of the season ahead. It will be interesting to find out who these two players are that CC has brought in with the proceeds of the Bamba sale.

:top marks

Westie1875
01-01-2011, 10:04 PM

Where did this come from, have I missed something?

sesoim
01-01-2011, 10:12 PM
You could get away with all these players having faults if they actually complemented each other and worked as a team. But they don't. And we are awful. And Hearts fans are laughing at us again. And I want to hit something very hard before I go mad....:brickwall

IWasThere2016
01-01-2011, 10:13 PM

Yup - lacking all over .. Tough times ahead without a change in personnel asap. I hope by two you mean four also :wink:

Speedway
01-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Yup - lacking all over .. Tough times ahead without a change in personnel asap. I hope by two you mean four also :wink:

I was referring to permanents rather than loanees. :agree:

sesoim
01-01-2011, 10:18 PM

I'm not sure if he has ever proved this. And besides, if Caley and Inverness can get into the top six with less than £1.5M a year for a budget, Calderwood should be able to do it with a budget of £4.5M. Or why did Petrie appoint him?

IWasThere2016
01-01-2011, 10:18 PM
I was referring to permanents rather than loanees. :agree:

I don't believe we should be leaving permanent signings until the summer - the need is great and the need is now even if there are fees to be paid. We're in the broon stuff and it needs fixing.

hibsbollah
01-01-2011, 10:20 PM

:confused: Is it just me, or did he have a good game today?

ScottB
01-01-2011, 10:22 PM
I don't believe we should be leaving permanent signings until the summer - the need is great and the need is now even if there are fees to be paid. We're in the broon stuff and it needs fixing.

That assumes that the players we may want are obtainable in January.

down-the-slope
01-01-2011, 10:24 PM

Nope he did...but he is a substitute scape goat...and as Ranking Hogg & Nish were not playing......

Speedway
02-01-2011, 12:03 AM

Nope, I felt he had a poor game today in terms of closing down, early tackles and his regular crime, poor positioning/concentration.

500miles
02-01-2011, 12:34 AM

He got caught daydreaming, and allowed Kyle to get to the ball before him for the goal. This was made worse by the fact that Glen nearly took advantage of the EXACT same mistake about 10 minutes before.