down-the-slope
01-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Scottish Cup next week :greengrin

:rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
01-01-2011, 09:15 PM

Hopefully playing a lower league team will give us a decent result and get us playing with more confidence.

Then again, it's never really that simple with Hibs is it?

Spike Mandela
01-01-2011, 09:15 PM

Irrespective of our dire record I always look forward to Scottish Cup third round day:thumbsup:

down-the-slope
01-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Club not showing much confidence...the fixture and other SC dates don't even appear on match shedule :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
01-01-2011, 09:52 PM

:boo hoo:

Sir David Gray
01-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Club not showing much confidence...the fixture and other SC dates don't even appear on match shedule :rolleyes:

I had noticed that the other day.

Extremely amateurish that the website of a professional football club doesn't even have an accurate match schedule displayed on the fixture list section of the site.

seanraff07
02-01-2011, 03:33 AM
Might grind out a 1-0 win there :greengrin

In all seriousness though i'm worried that there is a possibility of Ayr getting a result as were there for the taking, just hope we can turn up.

Great chance for Zouma to get closer to full match fitness again though.:agree:

sunshine1875
02-01-2011, 07:59 AM

Given our current crop of stars, our current form and our luck in this competition, I have a real concern that we will lose.

If Ayr go one up, we will lose.

I really hope that our players realise that the Ayr game is an opportunity to get things moving in the right direction. A three-nil win with a good performance will help our confidence for the important games coming up. A tight lucky win, a draw or worse a defeat will continue this downward spiral.

Which Hibs team will turn up next week?

And what will the crown be? I cannot see more than 7,500 turning up.

matty_f
02-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Given our current crop of stars, our current form and our luck in this competition, I have a real concern that we will lose.

I really hope that our players realise that the Ayr game is an opportunity to get things moving in the right direction. A three-nil win with a good performance will help our confidence for the important games coming up. A tight lucky win, a draw or worse a defeat will continue this downward spiral.

Dundee Utd were 2 up, did we lose that one?

sunshine1875
02-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Dundee Utd were 2 up, did we lose that one?

No, but it took a late equaliser. Given our luck in the cup, I don't think we would be as lucky. If we go one down, I feel the team would not have the collective bottle to fight our way out of it. Everything is going against us at the moment, though I appreciate that my cup is half empty at the moment:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2011, 08:51 AM

Do many folk read that site? I never visit now since i let my HI subscription run out.

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 12:06 PM

Many reasons why next week, freed from the pressures and routine of the SPL and with a few new faces on show (Byrne, Booth, Zouma, Duffy et al) we might win comfortably.

I'll be going and I expect us to win.

After 11 months of footballing hell, next week should mark the beginning of the upturn. :thumbsup:

number9dream
02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Assuming no business has been done, I reckon CC has to line up...

Brown
Wotherspoon Dickoh Hanlon Booth
Thicot Murray
Zemmama Miller Riordan
Duffy

Thicot deserves a chance to show what he can do as a holding player alongside Murray. Those full-backs can bomb on against Second Division opposition and that front four should be able to get a few goals. Byrne given a chance off the bench.

.Sean.
02-01-2011, 02:08 PM
I think we'll get beat in front of a crowd circe 8K.

Ed De Gramo
02-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Could be a first trip to Somerset Park :greengrin

KdyHby
02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Ayr bringing through over 1k fans

http://www.honestpage.co.uk/mboard/topic.asp?whichpage=3&ARCHIVEVIEW=&TOPIC_ID=12710

Keith_M
02-01-2011, 07:22 PM
This is gonna be like the Semi-Final against Ayr a few years ago, where the underdog given no chance to win the game shows real bottle and surprises everyone by getting through.

Then again, Ayr might win.

down-the-slope
02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Ayr bringing through over 1k fans

http://www.honestpage.co.uk/mboard/topic.asp?whichpage=3&ARCHIVEVIEW=&TOPIC_ID=12710

They have brought up to 2K to previous cup games at ER - they are a good away crowd and make plenty noise

Toaods
02-01-2011, 07:40 PM
even without a few more new faces, we'll beat them.

I'd say 3 or 4 - 0 based on the fact Zouma's back and Duffy was impressive at Tynie (all things considered).

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 11:37 PM
This is gonna be like the Semi-Final against Ayr a few years ago, where the underdog given no chance to win the game shows real bottle and surprises everyone by getting through.

Then again, Ayr might win.
:tee hee: