PDA

View Full Version : Derby Games

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I think someone made the point beforehand that the Yams had someone like Gary Locke, to get them pumped up for the game, we have nobody, there is no one backstage to get the players pyched up before for a derby match.

I reckon that's a big problem. They have Jefferies and Locke giving it loudy before a derby and we have **** all. Huge difference, we're 1-0 down already before we even get onto the pitch. :hmmm:

MSK
01-01-2011, 05:18 PM
I think someone made the point beforehand that the Yams had someone like Gary Locke, to get them pumped up for the game, we have nobody, there is no one backstage to get the players pyched up before for a derby match.

I reckon that's a big problem. They have Jefferies and Locke giving it loudy before a derby and we have **** all. Huge difference, we're 1-0 down already before we even get onto the pitch. :hmmm:Mibbie thats no the way we go about things ..ffs ..if Locke is shouting out instructions :faf:

Hibercelona
01-01-2011, 05:22 PM
A lack of motivation has been a huge problem at Hibs in recent times (last few years).

You can see it in the players body language when they come running out onto the pitch.

The opposition team always looks far more psyched up for it.

johnbc70
01-01-2011, 05:27 PM
We had Hughes as manager and as a player he was always up for it, yet some of his teams had no fight in them what so ever when we played against Hearts so do not think that is the problem. While it certainly helps to be "up for it" you also need good footballers on the pitch, something we have not had for many years.

Houchy
01-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Surely, if manager motivation was a factor in Derbies, there couldn't be a better man for us, on paper, than John Hughes but that never worked. They just seem to really really hate us and this hate is converted to fight which, in turn, is carried over to the pitch and shown through their performances.

I know we all say that we hate them as much as they hate us but I think that they are on a whole different level.

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Mibbie thats no the way we go about things ..ffs ..if Locke is shouting out instructions :faf:

Gary Locke may be an inbred Jambo toss pot, but he'll have a big say in how the Yams go about their business on derby day.

Hibs have a bunch o ****in wimps, who couldn't get themselves pysched up for a derby match in a million years.