PDA

View Full Version : Mark Brown

just_joe
01-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Alot of folk probably wont agree with me when I say hes one of the best goalkeepers in Scotland. Is he out of contract in the summer? If so he's the only guy in that squad I would be looking to keep a hold of.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Alot of folk probably wont agree with me when I say hes one of the best goalkeepers in Scotland. Is he out of contract in the summer? If so he's the only guy in that squad I would be looking to keep a hold of.

Great saver of the ball, and handles crosses well, but please please MB sort out the kicking.......

Twiglet
01-01-2011, 04:28 PM
He's got another year on his contract. Smith and Stack are both out at the end of the season. I agree we need to keep him. Goal and kicking aside, I thought he did really well today.
If we can get Scott Thompson to work on his kicking then we'll be ok in the goalkeeping department at least.

greenteam
01-01-2011, 04:32 PM
let him play outfield in training, teach him how to pass a ball, then i will 100% agree with you :thumbsup:

Steve-O
01-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Great saver of the ball, and handles crosses well, but please please MB sort out the kicking.......

Agreed.

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Apart from his kicking, something which Jim Leighton wasn't great at either, I reckon Brown is a very good goalkeeper. :agree: Probably our best keeper for while.

MSK
01-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Alot of folk probably wont agree with me when I say hes one of the best goalkeepers in Scotland. Is he out of contract in the summer? If so he's the only guy in that squad I would be looking to keep a hold of.I agree wi ye mate ..edgy at a few things but we all know the curse o the hibs keepers ..best we have had for a long time ..:agree:

greenteam
01-01-2011, 04:41 PM
He deserved his chance I think....Reminds me of Mike McDonald, he couldnt kick either, great shot stopper and great reader of a shot.

R'Albin
01-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I was wrong! Watching the last few weeks he has been very good and his save from the FK today was sublime, although he cannot kick!

son of haggart
01-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Thought he was excelllent for you today - the worse kicks came after he injured his leg (hamstring ort caldf muscle?) so not surprising.

Another who I thought played well was Thicot

jackhfc
01-01-2011, 05:01 PM

:agree:

Leishy1995
01-01-2011, 05:04 PM
I thought the free kick went in until i saw no celebrations, what a save. Another good one was from Kyle from close range.

Thicot was better than his usual today, I thought that he done well to recover from mistakes until Novikovas came on.

greenteam
01-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Thought our defence was ok today (for a defence that aint really played togerther). I would stick with that

IberianHibernian
01-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Thought Brown was excellent though he`ll be disappointed with goal and for all Hearts`possession he didn`t really have that many saves to make ( Dickoh`s and Nish`s chances were 2 of the best in whole match ) . Defence played well considering midfield and forwards were incapable of keeping possession more than a couple of seconds . Thicot seems to do well at right back or in middle of defence the few times he gets a chance and seems like a good player to have in squad .

IWasThere2016
01-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Our best since Andersson IMHO.

just_joe
01-01-2011, 07:17 PM
I liked Szamotulski if im honest. great shot stopper! his kicking was gash though but I think that was more to do with injury.

Cropley10
01-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Just seen the goal on telly ..Poor by brown ... From the away end I thought as the angle was so tight he had parried it. It was only the crowd reaction that told us it was a goal.Mind you he got away with not commanding his box all day long and the odds were that things would even themselves up :agree:

I think there are at LEAST 6 other players who might have done far more to prevent that goal.

Brown had an excellent game.

Needs to sort out his kicking but is the least of our worries.

Billy
01-01-2011, 10:05 PM
I thought the free kick went in until i saw no celebrations, what a save. Another good one was from Kyle from close range.

Thicot was better than his usual today, I thought that he done well to recover from mistakes until Novikovas came on.

His save from the free-kick can be seen on the freeview player on the Official site.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home

Sir David Gray
01-01-2011, 10:07 PM
I think there are at LEAST 6 other players who might have done far more to prevent that goal.

Brown had an excellent game.

Needs to sort out his kicking but is the least of our worries.

:agree: We have FAR more pressing concerns than the goalkeeping department.

We have enough problems to contend with, without creating any more.

Jack
02-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Just seen the goal on telly ..Poor by brown ... From the away end I thought as the angle was so tight he had parried it. It was only the crowd reaction that told us it was a goal.Mind you he got away with not commanding his box all day long and the odds were that things would even themselves up :agree:

What rubbish!
Albeit a hundred years ago when I was a striker runing unmarked onto a perfect cross always put the attacker in pole position to score.
Kyle had a free run and was unchallenged. I think Brown has grounds to feel he was not to blame.

matty_f
02-01-2011, 08:22 AM

Have you now officially lost the Maka bets? Was he not supposed to be first choice goalkeeper by now (or was it the end of January).

Brown had no chance at the goal, btw. He had a very good game.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Have you now officially lost the Maka bets? Was he not supposed to be first choice goalkeeper by now (or was it the end of January).

Brown had no chance at the goal, btw. He had a very good game.

Don't worry Matty, he was fly, and covered those bets with an accumulator on Liverpool to win the next 9 games a few weeks ago. :greengrin

Aldo
02-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Any other player apart from Kyle and Brown might of stood a chance. 4 players ball watching IMHO.

Brown nae chance at goal. Excellent keeper and does not deserve to shoulder any of the blame.

Toaods
02-01-2011, 09:45 AM
I was in the lower section and thought Brown should have stopped the header. Not the best viewpoint admittedly and yet to see it on TV but historically, he's not know for piling up clean sheets.

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2011, 10:02 AM
I was in the lower section and thought Brown should have stopped the header. Not the best viewpoint admittedly and yet to see it on TV but historically, he's not know for piling up clean sheets.

TBF he's played for Inverness and Hibs and I don't think either of those clubs are known for piling up clean sheets :greengrin

Toaods
02-01-2011, 10:33 AM
TBF he's played for Inverness and Hibs and I don't think either of those clubs are known for piling up clean sheets :greengrin

TBF he's played for Inverness against Hibs and I don't recall us scoring too often :greengrin

hibee4life1983
02-01-2011, 03:31 PM
He cant save with his right hand.

U watch closely.

Broken Gnome
02-01-2011, 03:37 PM

From seeing it on the telly, you'd have been talking something Craig Gordon v Bolton-like to get enough of a hand to keep it out. He's had to cover the flight of the ball across goal and then defend a powerful header. Not one to put in the should have done better category.

heretoday
02-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Brown was solid. He got down to some awkward shots and his handling was sure.

I don't blame him for the goal. If blame must be accorded it was Dickoh who didn't go to challenge the cross.

Wilson
02-01-2011, 06:12 PM
He's right footed but left handed. Craig Gordon is left footed and right handed... It happens:agree:.. There's a medical term for it :agree:

I've heard a few terms for Craig Gordon. I'm not sure if they all qualify as medical though :wink:

CropleyWasGod
02-01-2011, 06:15 PM
He's right footed but left handed. Craig Gordon is left footed and right handed... It happens:agree:.. There's a medical term for it :agree:

Thread hijack, I know, but many of older generations are like CG. My Dad, for one. When he went to school, he was forced to write with his right hand, even although he was naturally left-sided. He had a sweet left foot..... or so he keeps on telling me. :blah: