PDA

View Full Version : Players Stats - Hearts v Hibs

down-the-slope
01-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Brown - 7 - would have been 8 barr his kicking, whats happened used to be ok last 3 appalling? (Injured?) great stops and prepared to reach crosses.

Thicot - 7 - Thought for such a game in unfamiliar role he did well defending. Shame goal came from him taking a throw in 5 yards from their line and then being out of position when the break came (spotted this at the time and it just unfolded that way) as Dickoh had to cover leaving centre open for Kyle to attack

Dickoh - 7 - Solid enough in the challenges and positionally. Staedy performance

Hanlon - 8 - Good match again where he won ball and made covering tackles

Grounds - 8 - Won so many headers first half in our box and was not passed out wide. Good solid match

(not any decent distribution from defence - think they had all been instructed to boot it clear in first instance, which was probably correct in this match)

Duffy - 7 - Thought he looked sharp for so long out. Couple of good shots. Most of his contribution was in covering right side to prevent Hearts main route of attack which he was excellent in (Templeton going off due to efforts of Him and Thicot) ran out of steam and was right time to replace him. Good addition to Squad

De Graff - 5 - Plenty effort but little end product

Murray - 5 - Lucky to stay on after early challenge. Gave the ball away far too much and too slow now at this level

Miller - 4 - Hid most of the game. When he did appear gave it away too often. Couple of good tracking of runs / tackles but not enough from one of the senior players

Riorden - 4 - Would he have been missed if not on the park? Only contribution was cross for Nishs' chance. Cant just wait for ball to be laid on a plate in a shooting position for him

Trakys - 6 - Put himself about and won some ball but with zero support from central midfield most of it was in vain. Still hampered by the injury.

Subs -

Nish - 4 - Thought he was unlucky with the big chance and almost hit it too well. Nothing else to offer though.

Spoony - 3 - Never got involved to any effect

Galbraith - 2 - Little time on pitch

Manger - 7 - Did best he could with what we currently have. Never seen home support so quiet in a Derby - testament to the fact we were holding them with a bit of comfort most of the game. Had Nish scored it would be being hailed a master tactical result. Should maybe have changed some of the ineffectual central midfield earlier.

Support - 8 - Great support for the team today and they did not embarrass us for once :flag::flag:

GreenCastle
01-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Brown - 7 - would have been 8 barr his kicking, whats happened used to be ok last 3 appalling? (Injured?) great stops and prepared to reach crosses.

Thicot - 7 - Thought for such a game in unfamiliar role he did well defending. Shame goal came from him taking a throw in 5 yards from their line and then being out of position when the break came (spotted this at the time and it just unfolded that way) as Dickoh had to cover leaving centre open for Kyle to attack

Dickoh - 7 - Solid enough in the challenges and positionally. Staedy performance

Grounds - 8 - Won so many headers first half in our box and was not passed out wide. Good solid match

(not any decent distribution from defence - think they had all been instructed to boot it clear in first instance, which was probably correct in this match)

Duffy - 7 - Thought he looked sharp for so long out. Couple of good shots. Most of his contribution was in covering right side to prevent Hearts main route of attack which he was excellent in (Templeton going off due to efforts of Him and Thicot) ran out of steam and was right time to replace him. Good addition to Squad

Murray - 5 - Lucky to stay on after early challenge. Gave the ball away far too much and too slow now at this level

Miller - 4 - Hid most of the game. When he did appear gave it away too often. Couple of good tracking of runs / tackles but not enough from one of the senior players

Riorden - 4 - Would he have been missed if not on the park? Only contribution was cross for Nishs' chance. Cant just wait for ball to be laid on a plate in a shooting position for him

Trakys - 6 - Put himself about and won some ball but with zero support from central midfield most of it was in vain. Still hampered by the injury.

Subs -

Nish - 4 - Thought he was unlucky with the big chance and almost hit it too well. Nothing else to offer though.

Manger - 7 - Did best he could with what we currently have. Never seen home support so quiet in a Derby - testament to the fact we were holding them with a bit of comfort most of the game. Had Nish scored it would be being hailed a master tactical result. Should maybe have changed some of the ineffectual central midfield earlier.

Support - 8 - Great support for the team today and they did not embarrass us for once :flag::flag:

Seem to agree with you again on the player ratings.

Few added points..

Considering the defense were under lots of pressure on the whole they did pretty well. The clearances weren't Sauzee like passes but the reality is they didn't have much in front of them.

Thicot I thought had a good game and was a shame about the goal as Nish gave it away in the corner instead of keeping it = counterattack = goal.

Murray I thought had one of his better games today - battled - won many headers but not suited to starting attacks - can clear the ball and that's about it. That hit on Black was interesting too...

De Graff - if he was Rankins size - he wouldn't play - what did he actually do today?

Miller - passes the ball - the way he faces - football is about going forward and creating once in a while.

Front 3 - Duffy worked hard but looked spent after 45 mins.

Deeks - maybe should have had a penalty near the end - but not good enough - was marked tight and you could see he had that on his mind.

Trakys - not a Brewster or a Mixu - I would rather have that clown Kyle playing - more effective.

Strange team selection today - Where was Stevenson ? Hart dropped ? (not the worst move?)

Zoomer - we missed his creativity but wasn't fit enough on that tonight pitch.

We still can't defend corners and still make many basic mistakes - poor free kicks / throw ins - giving away 2 wide free kicks in the first 5 minutes of the game :grr:

I saw better fight but we need some quality in there to actually win games - you would expect fight from players as a minimum in a derby.

Hearts fans VERY quiet - think they expected a rout - unlucky yams :wink:

Bob Box Fish
01-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Accurate summary IMO, although, I would have scored De Graff lower.

jackhfc
01-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Brown - 8 my MOM
Thicot -7/8
Dickoh - 6
Hanlon - 8
Grounds - 7
Duffy - 7
De Graaf - 6
Murray - 6
Miller - 8
Riordan - 7
Trakys - 6

Subs :
Nish - 6
Spoony - 4
Galbraith - 3

CC - 7

Fans - 9, would be 10 apart from the scarf throwes:yawn:

Officials - 2, all jambo twats

Sir David Gray
01-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Brown - 8 my MOM
Thicot -7/8
Dickoh - 6
Hanlon - 8
Grounds - 7
Duffy - 7
De Graaf - 6
Murray - 6
Miller - 8
Riordan - 7
Trakys - 6

Subs :
Nish - 6
Spoony - 4
Galbraith - 3

CC - 7

Can I ask what Liam Miller did today that makes you think that he deserves 8/10? :confused:

jackhfc
01-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Can I ask what Liam Miller did today that makes you think that he deserves 8/10? :confused:

One of the better games i've seen him play recently, moved the ball about neatly and was calm in defence from the off IMO of course...

Out of interest what rating would you give him?

Beefster
01-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Brown - 8 my MOM
Thicot -7/8
Dickoh - 6
Hanlon - 8
Grounds - 7
Duffy - 7
De Graaf - 6
Murray - 6
Miller - 8
Riordan - 7
Trakys - 6

Subs :
Nish - 6
Spoony - 4
Galbraith - 3

CC - 7

We get beat in a derby with the most gutless performance in many a year and you give an average rating of almost 7?

Anyone who marked Riordan as one of our better players today is hopelessly partial.

Sir David Gray
01-01-2011, 05:02 PM
One of the better games i've seen him play recently, moved the ball about neatly and was calm in defence from the off IMO of course...

Out of interest what rating would you give him?

I would have given him a 4 or 5 at the most. I thought he was very poor today.

I wasn't having a go, I was genuinely interested in why you rated him so highly that's all.

RCNG
01-01-2011, 05:24 PM
I thought the defense did particularly well today, winning headers when it was important and not dilly dallying with the ball.

Could have been a lot more goals for hearts and a lot more embarrassing for us!

Steve-O
01-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Brown 8 - some good saves and confident handling. Still gash kicking though.
Thicot 6 - did ok other than at their goal
Hanlon 7 - thought he played well for the most part
Dickoh 5 - did ok but gets a 5 for that woeful 2nd half miss 2 yards from goal
Grounds 6 - again did alright IMO but posted missing for goal as others mentioned
De Graaf 4 - runs about like a headless chicken, barely got near the ball
Miller 5 - lost possession an abysmal amount of times, but played better towards the end
Murray 5 - usual gritty sort of performance but doesn't offer much really these days
Duffy 6 - looked a little dangerous but no supply at all
Riordan 4 - never in the game basically
Trakys 3 - didn't win a header all day, anonymous

Subs -

Nish 4 - put himself about, unlucky with shot past post
Wotherspoon 3 - not much time to do anything
Galbraith 1 - no time to do anything. Unlucky not to start

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Brown 8
Thicot 7
Hanlon 7
Dickoh 7
Grounds 7
De Graaf 1 managed to get his shorts on the right way, so 1 mark for that

Miller 1 hopeless

Murray 1 clattered Black then gave his usual hopeless performance, winning the odd tackle then giving the ball away.

Duffy 6 A decent show from someone who's not played in months.

Riordan 1 Was he on the pitch?

Trakys 1 Did he win any ball today?

Out fought and out played by a better team.

Houchy
01-01-2011, 06:47 PM
I thought that Miller played one of his better games today and would probably give him a 7. Crazy how opinions on 1 player can vary so much.

Judas Iscariot
01-01-2011, 06:49 PM
I thought that Miller played one of his better games today and would probably give him a 7. Crazy how opinions on 1 player can vary so much.

:agree:

IMO he hid today and was hopeless..

3 at best

Shrekko
01-01-2011, 06:53 PM

I thought he had one of his better games this season- I'd have given him a 4 or a 5.

For a talented player to put in this level of performance is just unacceptable.

I guess those who think that only Hogg, Rankin
and Nish should get stick will say that Miller
continually lost possession and couldn't control
the ball because he was surrounded by poor
players? I think this myth should be put to bed soon myself.

down-the-slope
01-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Brown 8
Thicot 7
Hanlon 7
Dickoh 7
Grounds 7

Miller 1 hopeless

Murray 1 clattered Black then gave his usual hopeless performance, winning the odd tackle then giving the ball away.

:faf: makes my midfield / forwards marks look quite generous......

darwenhibby
01-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Brown 8
Thicot 7
Hanlon 7
Dickoh 7
Grounds 7

Miller 1 hopeless

G
Appreciate you went today and I did not.
I actually thought Miller had one of his better games in months today.
Tracked back a lot, probably not creative enough.

Murray made a statement on Black, that for once we were not going to be bullied in a Derby.
In the end the game plan went to haywire with a lack of concentration at the end.

We battled in the second half v DU on Wed and again today for 90 mins today.

A bit more of the battle and we will be Ok.

Brads Laing
01-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Thought Hibs played very well today. Their effort was incredible and feel sorry for Calderwood because if he had the players to do so we would've hammered them because his tactics were spot on for the derby. The support was incredible, 10/10, their support don't even deserve 1/10, they only sing when they're winning

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2011, 07:05 PM
G
Appreciate you went today and I did not.
I actually thought Miller had one of his better games in months today.
Tracked back a lot, probably not creative enough.

Murray made a statement on Black, that for once we were not going to be bullied in a Derby.
In the end the game plan went to haywire with a lack of concentration at the end.

We battled in the second half v DU on Wed and again today for 90 mins today.

A bit more of the battle and we will be Ok.

Duane thats pish, battling for results is yer Hamilton and St Mirren type of fitba. I understand the need for giving 100% and winning the battles, but you have to have creativity to win games or score goals. The only creative players are Miller and Riordan, and they were pish. The rest couldnt punch their way out a wet paper bag. Clatering into the opposition is fine, if when you do that, you then come away with the ball and do something with it. Our battlers have no ability, they are ****in hopeless.

Albion Hibs
01-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Brown 6 - Some decent saves but his kicking his embarrassing and brought a lot of unneeded pressure.

Thicot 6 - Thought it was one of the better games for Hibs - quite why he elected for a short thow which led to them winning the ball and scoring, I will never know.

Hanlon 7 - Decent enough game

Dickoh 5 - Decent enough game

Grounds 6 - Played well and handled the little rat templeton well, his passing is very poor at times though.

De Graaf 4 - Offered nothing. Rankin would have given more, dont know how he made it through the full 90 mins.

Miller 6 - Was not in the game until around the hour mark. Good contribution from that point going forward.

Murray 7 - Dont agree with a lot of the amateurs comments above. As a defensive midfielder he protected the back four every well, won every ball that that was there to be won and a great challenge in the box before half time.

Duffy 6 - Looked decent, I think he will make a big difference for us when he get to full fitness. His effort up front does however highlight how little riordan does to help the team.

Riordan 4 - Did not really know he was playing. Seemed to start in the middle then end up out wide. Very little to work with.

Trakys 4 - Same as above.

I thought we were very unlucky not to take anything from the game today. We played well at times and defended as a team about as well as we have for quite some time. I guess when we are in the position we are in everything falls against you.

darwenhibby
01-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Duane thats pish, battling for results is yer Hamilton and St Mirren type of fitba. I understand the need for giving 100% and winning the battles, but you have to have creativity to win games or score goals. The only creative players are Miller and Riordan, and they were pish. The rest couldnt punch their way out a wet paper bag. Clatering into the opposition is fine, if when you do that, you then come away with the ball and do something with it. Our battlers have no ability, they are ****in hopeless.

When you are down their you have to fight.
For the first time this season I saw that for 90 mins today.
Everyone was expecting a rout from them.

A brief lack of concentrration to our game plan cost us.
If we had come away with the point evetyone would be saying that the Yams have no plan B when you go toe to toe.

A couple of new faces and it will get better.:wink:

Shrekko
01-01-2011, 07:15 PM

Agree.

This side can't even do battling properly. When it came to normal physical challenges we were being outmuscled and out jumped constantly.

The trick is having creative players who can make their mark on a game no matter what type of game it is. To think people used to doubt the quality of someone like Kevin Thomson!!

I cannot wait till the day we can say goodbye to around 13/14 players in this current squad when they go out of contract this summer. Riordan is now the only one id keep.

Cropley10
01-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Agree.

This side can't even do battling properly. When it came to normal physical challenges we were being outmuscled and out jumped constantly.

The trick is having creative players who can make their mark on a game no matter what type of game it is. To think people used to doubt the quality of someone like Kevin Thomson!!

I cannot wait till the day we can say goodbye to around 13/14 players in this current squad when they go out of contract this summer. Riordan is now the only one id keep.

Although I'm very worried about who we end up bringing in. It's going to be a miracle if this works. I can't think of another Club who have had so many players OOC at once. Why should they care if we get relegated?

lucky
01-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Brown 6 - Some decent saves but his kicking his embarrassing and brought a lot of unneeded pressure.

Thicot 6 - Thought it was one of the better games for Hibs - quite why he elected for a short thow which led to them winning the ball and scoring, I will never know.

Hanlon 7 - Decent enough game

Dickoh 5 - Decent enough game

Grounds 6 - Played well and handled the little rat templeton well, his passing is very poor at times though.

De Graaf 4 - Offered nothing. Rankin would have given more, dont know how he made it through the full 90 mins.

Miller 6 - Was not in the game until around the hour mark. Good contribution from that point going forward.

Murray 7 - Dont agree with a lot of the amateurs comments above. As a defensive midfielder he protected the back four every well, won every ball that that was there to be won and a great challenge in the box before half time.

Duffy 6 - Looked decent, I think he will make a big difference for us when he get to full fitness. His effort up front does however highlight how little riordan does to help the team.

Riordan 4 - Did not really know he was playing. Seemed to start in the middle then end up out wide. Very little to work with.

Trakys 4 - Same as above.

I thought we were very unlucky not to take anything from the game today. We played well at times and defended as a team about as well as we have for quite some time. I guess when we are in the position we are in everything falls against you.

Agree with most of the above except Murray. He was a 4 at best. Stupid challenge on Black restricted him.the rest of the game. His passing awful and he is so slow. He tries his heart out but is just not good enough

Shrekko
01-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Although I'm very worried about who we end up bringing in. It's going to be a miracle if this works. I can't think of another Club who have had so many players OOC at once. Why should they care if we get relegated?

We need an entirely new culture at ER. Perhaps 3/4 of the young lads will step up and we maybe go with a slightly smaller, but higher quality squad next year?

It's true some might not care enough about where we end up this season and THAT is why CC isn't criticising them and saying he likes them etc.

I honestly can't think of anyone bar Riordan and Zemmama who are even even worthy of
consideration for a new deal.

since90plustwo
01-01-2011, 07:28 PM
thought daryl duffy was really good today, he was the only midfielder to go forward and have a go. early days but i think he would be a good signing for us

Bad Martini
01-01-2011, 07:40 PM
**** knows what defence I watched today but it wasnt an average of 6/7/8 out of anything. FFS, we should have lost a few more than 1 throughout that game. The defensive shambles is no better today than it was against Dundee Utd for the goals we lost and we could quite easily have been 3 down before half time.

I do NOT disagree hearts are ***** and the fact they managed to narrowly beat us today by 1 goal, late in the game, at home, when we are out there with one of THEE most gutless teams in our recent history speaks volumes for them and their march to the top - aye, OK then.

Back on track to us. Brown saved our ass. And Riordan was fairly absent as noted but given how deep we played, I fail to see what more he could do given where he started the game i.e. outside left. Regards his spray some 20-30 yards to Nish for him to make the roger dunt out of it - its criminal, in a derby that he didnt even make the keeper stop it. Aye, we can say if and but - BUT - the truth is, that was OUR chance of the game and it got ****ed up again, by big Nishy.

Overall though, that was a narrow defeat but to say our defence is acceptable and anything other than piss poor is not in line with what happened. Today, or against united or in fact, for most of this *******ing season. Gutless and for some, not good enough and never will be. Sell the deadwood Calderwood, dont piss about and lets see what happens then...this season is a write off anyway.

****ed off, again, due to US being ***** and NOT down to them being overly brilliant.

ENDOF

YetholmHibee
01-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Liam Miller was shockingly poor - slow to react, always smothered out \ caught out or made the bad decision. How many times did he lose possession & put us under pressure. Not a quality performance at all.

Made 3 good decisions in the 2nd half.

Give him 3 points.

bob12345
01-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Disagree with the reasonable ratings for Grounds. Felt his poor marking almost cost us on numerous occasions before it finally did. Gave the ball away constantly too.

Wotherspiniesta
01-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Brown- 8 Done well, couple of great saves.

Thicot- 7 Was dreading him v Templeton, but he handled him quite easily.
Dickoh- 8 Solid.
Hanlon- 7 Good.
Grounds - 6 Not bad.

Murray- 4 Clumsy. Cant really remember him with the ball at his feet.
Miller- 4 Was going into tackles for the first time in ages at the start.He got booked then pulled out of a lot of 50/50's. Far too slow in posession.
De Graaf- 2 Was he playing?
Riordan- 4 Very quiet. Disappointing.
Duffy -7 I like him. Seems quite sharp. Can only get sharper as he regains match fitness. Play him through the middle though.

Trakys- 5 Clumsy, but put himself about.

Nish- 3 Unlucky with chance.
Galbraith- Should have been given longer.
Spoony- 2 Done nothing of note.

Dunbar Hibee
01-01-2011, 08:33 PM

Subs -

Explain? When the **** do we ever let the team down? Its them that lets us down.

down-the-slope
01-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Explain? When the **** do we ever let the team down? Its them that lets us down.

'they' being the Team - did not embarrass us the fans - not great but not an embarrassment like the last derby.....etc

BWhiteman1972
01-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Brown - 8
Thicot - 6
Dickoh - 7
Hanlon - 8
Grounds - 6
Murray - 6
Miller - 3
De Graaf - 3
Riordan - 5
Duffy - 7
Trakys - 5

Brown did a great job of keeping the score down, however had the yams been shooting straight we might not be the only Capital team singing about a new year 7-0 game.

Defence did well, but in truth paniced far too often when clearing the ball.

Midfield totally non existant, Miller was awful again, it's been a very long time since I saw him have a decent attacking game. All he wants to do is stand with the ball and lose possession or pass the ball backwards into trouble. De Graaf is not worth mentioning and if Murray isn't 100% fit then he shouldn't be playing despite the fact he will give 200% every time he pulls on the shirt.

Riordan was too wide, but as there was zero service from a woeful midfield and the only balls coming from defence were paniced punts there wasn't much else he could do. Duffy looked promising, again fitness is an issue. If he does come good, will Petrie pay for him in the summer? Or will he want to to sign for a 1st division team? Trakys did alright, worked hard without actually achieving anything.

Nish again spent more time falling over and losing the ball constantly. Was unlucky with his shot, however he should have made the keeper at least work. Was very disappointed that Zemamma didn't even get 20 mins, he's a good impact player and should have been given an opportunity to make a difference.

Struggling to see how we are going to stay in this league.

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Brown - 8
Thicot - 6
Dickoh - 7
Hanlon - 8
Grounds - 6
Murray - 6
Miller - 3
De Graaf - 3
Riordan - 5
Duffy - 7
Trakys - 5

Brown did a great job of keeping the score down, however had the yams been shooting straight we might not be the only Capital team singing about a new year 7-0 game.

Defence did well, but in truth paniced far too often when clearing the ball.

Midfield totally non existant, Miller was awful again, it's been a very long time since I saw him have a decent attacking game. All he wants to do is stand with the ball and lose possession or pass the ball backwards into trouble. De Graaf is not worth mentioning and if Murray isn't 100% fit then he shouldn't be playing despite the fact he will give 200% every time he pulls on the shirt.

Riordan was too wide, but as there was zero service from a woeful midfield and the only balls coming from defence were paniced punts there wasn't much else he could do. Duffy looked promising, again fitness is an issue. If he does come good, will Petrie pay for him in the summer? Or will he want to to sign for a 1st division team? Trakys did alright, worked hard without actually achieving anything.

Nish again spent more time falling over and losing the ball constantly. Was unlucky with his shot, however he should have made the keeper at least work. Was very disappointed that Zemamma didn't even get 20 mins, he's a good impact player and should have been given an opportunity to make a difference.

Struggling to see how we are going to stay in this league.

Good try. :faf::faf:

snooky
01-01-2011, 10:27 PM

:dunno:
Probably because he 1) was bland most of the game, 2) did a couple of nice things and 3) a couple of gash things.
The variation in marks depends on whether you remember him for 1) 2) or 3) when posting here.

hibsbollah
01-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Brown - 5 - His kicking was appalling, with admittedly some decent saves.
Thicot - 7 - Played out of his natural position yet again, not having played for ages, in such a big game, with a new load of defensive partners, did well considering
Dickoh - 7
Hanlon - 7
Grounds - 8 - Couldnt believe it, I dont rate him at all but he was my MOM by quite a way.
Duffy - 7 - The only bright spark in the midfield.
De Graff - 4 - Terrible throughout
Murray - 4 - Despite going through Black like a train early on, was given the run around by the wee scrote for the rest of the game.
Miller - 4 - Yet again, disappeared without trace in a derby.
Riordan - 4 - Screaming undeserved abuse at Thicot after the goal was his main noticeable contribution.
Trakys - 6 -

The Voice Of Reason
01-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Brown - 5 - His kicking was appalling, with admittedly some decent saves.
Thicot - 7 - Played out of his natural position yet again, not having played for ages, in such a big game, with a new load of defensive partners, did well considering
Dickoh - 7
Hanlon - 7
Grounds - 8 - Couldnt believe it, I dont rate him at all but he was my MOM by quite a way.
Duffy - 7 - The only bright spark in the midfield.
De Graff - 4 - Terrible throughout
Murray - 4 - Despite going through Black like a train early on, was given the run around by the wee scrote for the rest of the game.
Miller - 4 - Yet again, disappeared without trace in a derby.
Riordan - 4 - Screaming undeserved abuse at Thicot after the goal was his main noticeable contribution.
Trakys - 6 -

So someone who is "terrible throughout" gets a 4/10 - that seems a very generous rating ! (Begs the question - how bad do they have to be to get a 1/10, 2/10 or 3/10 ?)

(I can't provide my ratings as I wasn't there and didn't watch it on TV.)

benrocky
02-01-2011, 12:47 AM
BROWN solid once again 7
THICOT never right back tried hard 5
DICKOH okay untll last 10 mins at fault for goal 4
HANLON great game 8
GROUNDS get rid at fault 4 goal along with dickoh 2
MURRAY tried hard 5
DE GRAFF wast of space get rid only keeping young players out off team never consistant 2
MILLAR not his best game getting worse game by game 3
RIORDAN Talented yes free kicks and opportunist shots 7 as far as being a team player and tackler etc dribbler 2 no strength no speed no ambition absolutle waste of space sell him and take the money
DUFFY could be an asset not match fit going into a derby game 5
TRAKYS had 1 good game never going to makr the grade 3
WOTHERSPOON & GALBRAITH never enough time to make impact N/A 2 4 future
NISH if looked up and squared ball wotherspoon was in usual performance 4
CALDERWOOD will be out by april no idea

J-C
02-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Brown..7....unlucky with the goal, got a hand to it but nothing he could do, kicking was poor though

Thicot..7...had a good solid game and was better positionally than other games
Dickoh...7...solid and resolute
Hanlon...8...also solid and put in a number of good challenges
Grounds ..7..his best game so far for Hibs

De Graaf..5...ran around but without much end product
Murray...5...poor challenge early on and struggled most of the game
Miller..5..see De Graaf
Riordan..5...see Miller and De Graaf

Trakys..6..Tried hard but poor support gave him a needless task
Duffy..6..as Trakys

Nish..3...missed a sitter, suffering from low confidence
Galbraith and Spoony...4...little chance to make any difference

Calderwood...6...tried to stifle the Hearts team but due to the tactics the team was put under a lot of pressure, I thought Stevenson deserved a start instead of Millerwhich would've given us a bit more bite in midfield, Miller isn't known for his ball winning football is he.

J-C
02-01-2011, 01:02 AM
BROWN solid once again 7
THICOT never right back tried hard 5
DICKOH okay untll last 10 mins at fault for goal 4
HANLON great game 8
GROUNDS get rid at fault 4 goal along with dickoh 2
MURRAY tried hard 5
DE GRAFF wast of space get rid only keeping young players out off team never consistant 2
MILLAR not his best game getting worse game by game 3
RIORDAN Talented yes free kicks and opportunist shots 7 as far as being a team player and tackler etc dribbler 2 no strength no speed no ambition absolutle waste of space sell him and take the money
DUFFY could be an asset not match fit going into a derby game 5
TRAKYS had 1 good game never going to makr the grade 3
WOTHERSPOON & GALBRAITH never enough time to make impact N/A 2 4 future
NISH if looked up and squared ball wotherspoon was in usual performance 4
CALDERWOOD will be out by april no idea

I think you'll find Grounds was at fault, caught ball watching and let Kyle in behind

The_Horde
02-01-2011, 01:09 AM
I think you'll find Grounds was at fault, caught ball watching and let Kyle in behind

For me, the fuds winger should have been taken out the game before the cross even came in. If that was us breaking forward our winger would have been put into the stand, legally or illegally.

And it's not just today, its been happening to us down that right side for pretty much the whole season.

benrocky
02-01-2011, 01:17 AM

yes agree with you re grounds but DICKOH could have done better re his tackle before it got to GROUNDS

Dunbar Hibee
02-01-2011, 02:05 AM
'they' being the Team - did not embarrass us the fans - not great but not an embarrassment like the last derby.....etc

Fair enough, sorry misread it mate. Fair doos!

Devine
02-01-2011, 02:07 AM
Dickoh should have won it or taken him out end of

booshsutton
02-01-2011, 02:49 AM
Any word on why Stevenson wasn't even on the bench today? By all accounts he had a good game the other night and I thought he was also one of our better players in the last derby. Picked up an injury the other night?

proud_and_green
02-01-2011, 04:09 PM
;2675927']For me, the fuds winger should have been taken out the game before the cross even came in. If that was us breaking forward our winger would have been put into the stand, legally or illegally.

And it's not just today, its been happening to us down that right side for pretty much the whole season.

Completely agree! With only a few minutes left they should have taken the foul, the had already got a good ball across the face and we didn't defend that, so they should have been watching out for this again. Take one for the team!!

We don't attack the ball in either box and are not even that good in between boxes, midfield must take responsibilty and keep the ball not get rid of it at the first opportunity with a wild pass to pass the buck to another player.

YetholmHibee
02-01-2011, 04:27 PM

:agree:

But he was not the only one caught out of position!

How can the poor play of an attacker affect a result! (?)

fyfey
02-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Cant see how Murray can get so much stick... In my opinion we are a worse team without him, he would go through brick walls for hibs, i would have him as club captain starting every week!

For the game, Riordan, Trakys and De Graaf were the worse players on the park by a mile. Riordan has no heart and will not get involved unless the ball is played perfectly to him! Waste of space, and cant afford him in a poor team at the moment, need a player that gives us more work.

I thought either Brown or Hanlon were MOM.

Albion Hibs
03-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Dickoh should have won it or taken him out end of

Agreed, dont know what he was thinking. Dont know what we were doing taking a pash short throw up the other end anyway!