PDA

View Full Version : No hiding place now.

down the slope
01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Another player sold on the first day of the transfer window-why ?, we should not be selling our key defender on the day we play our closest rivals.

Now we will see the boards true colours as they must now see we are 50-50 to get relegated, if the level of their ambition is to try and paper over the cracks with one or two cheap signings then they have had their day. We need solid investment in quality and anything else would be a disgrace.
Our club has been run in to the ground whatever way you look at it by bad managers buying bad players and who chose the managers ?.
They have a month to splash the cash in the last chance saloon so we will soon see what they are made of , i'm not holding my breath.

MSK
01-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Another player sold on the first day of the transfer window-why ?, we should not be selling our key defender on the day we play our closest rivals.
Now we will see the boards true colours as they must now see we are 50-50 to get relegated, if the level of their ambition is to try and paper over the cracks with one or two cheap signings then they have had their day. We need solid investment in quality and anything else would be a disgrace.
Our club has been run in to the ground whatever way you look at it by bad managers buying bad players and who chose the managers ?.
They have a month to splash the cash in the last chance saloon so we will soon see what they are made of , i'm not holding my breath.The logical answer would be because he wanted to go ..if so then no way would his heart have been on todays game ..get him tae **** ..he will prob end up at Leek town or somewhere similar ..

Apologies to Leek town fans ..

SloopJB
01-01-2011, 03:35 PM

They have a month to splash the cash in the last chance saloon so we will soon see what they are made of , i'm not holding my breath.

It may be part of a bigger plan to secure a real defender.
Don't know that Bambi would have any difference today though, we did well to repel for so long.

I doubt there is quality signings to be had at this time of year, any player performing well for their club will require a hefty wedge with no guarantees.

I would assume that an interview panel chose the managers but they could only select who they thought performed the best out of those interviewed.

You shouldn't even try to hold your breath for a month.

dave62
01-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Better to let a player who wants to go leave at the beginning of the transfer window than at the end. Stokes??

Green_one
01-01-2011, 04:27 PM
My guess is that as usual we will be selling without any plan to bring in any quality. Money is still seen as the key. Is Bamba a big loss? Maybe not but we will not re-investing the cash. History tells us that.

The Board are playing a dangerous game. If the sale of Stokes and Bamba, with not corresponding purchase, costs us relegation, then they are the ones at fault.

Its a long season keeping away from relegation. This also gives little opportunity to blood youngsters. The current players will need to dig us out of this. God help us.

Hibercelona
01-01-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry. But unless the board manage some spectacular changes (which I honestly believe they won't), this will be the final straw for me.

marinello59
01-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Bamba wanted to leave. These days players hold all the aces in that situation. Sorry to see him go but it's his career.

Captain Trips
01-01-2011, 04:44 PM
My guess is that as usual we will be selling without any plan to bring in any quality. Money is still seen as the key. Is Bamba a big loss? Maybe not but we will not re-investing the cash. History tells us that.

The Board are playing a dangerous game. If the sale of Stokes and Bamba, with not corresponding purchase, costs us relegation, then they are the ones at fault.

Its a long season keeping away from relegation. This also gives little opportunity to blood youngsters. The current players will need to dig us out of this. God help us.

The dangerous game is not about costing relegation its about costing us 3rd/4th, that is where we should be at, the board are already at fault as we are miles off the position I think we should be at.

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-01-2011, 04:45 PM
If Bamba wanted to leave, then there is very little Hibs can do about it, apart from getting the best deal for the club.

marinello59
01-01-2011, 04:45 PM
The dangerous game is not about costing relegation its about costing us 3rd/4th, that is where we should be at, the board are already at fault as we are miles off the position I think we should be at.

So how should they have handled Bamba? It was obvious at the end of last season he didn't want to be at Hibs. Should they have just kept against his will?

greenteam
01-01-2011, 04:47 PM
We need to lose this team..........Whit???????????/:flag:

Trust our board...I do, we have most things other teams in the SPL can only dream about, Trust in our future my friend.

Alfred E Newman
01-01-2011, 04:51 PM

Our "key " defender wasn`t missed today. Good riddance I say, he should have been punted after the world cup farce.

Captain Trips
01-01-2011, 04:54 PM
So how should they have handled Bamba? It was obvious at the end of last season he didn't want to be at Hibs. Should they have just kept against his will?

Im not talking about Bamba I am saying in general, the post is saying its a dangerous game that we might lose in going down, im saying the games lost.

I think you will find half this team dont want to be here, yes its obvious he wanted so we need to wait and see if we have ourselves have been prepared for this with a replacement, the club have had plenty of time, its not the letting him go its what they do about.

As you say we knew a long time ago, CC will be aware of that when joined so lets see what they do about it, no excuse to not replace him.

greenteam
01-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi Carlsberg,

agreee, as norm, you always did talk sense

marinello59
01-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Im not talking about Bamba I am saying in general, the post is saying its a dangerous game that we might lose in going down, im saying the games lost.

I think you will find half this team dont want to be here, yes its obvious he wanted so we need to wait and see if we have ourselves have been prepared for this with a replacement, the club have had plenty of time, its not the letting him go its what they do about.

As you say we knew a long time ago, CC will be aware of that when joined so lets see what they do about it, no excuse to not replace him.

So do we know that CC has nobody in mind to come in?

Captain Trips
01-01-2011, 05:00 PM
So do we know that CC has nobody in mind to come in?

When did I say he didnt? If you read my post I say lets see what they do about it and I stand by that. No excuse to not bring in a player as its been on cards for a while so lets see what happens.

marinello59
01-01-2011, 05:02 PM
When did I say he didnt? If you read my post I say lets see what they do about it and I stand by that. No excuse to not bring in a player as its been on cards for a while so lets see what happens.

So basically you are moaning about the board not doing something that they may be doing already? :greengrin

greenteam
01-01-2011, 05:04 PM
IMHO, the board will get rid of 90% of our players. I believe RPs idea was, build up the football club, then worry about the team. Which he has (big style). I think the big days will come back. If u really support Hibs you will see the Big Picture. However I know its Fikin soul destroying now.

Captain Trips
01-01-2011, 05:05 PM
So basically you are moaning about the board not doing something that they may be doing already? :greengrin

I am moaning at the board for the state this fine club is in, my point was Green One was saying it was a dangerous game as near relegation, I was stating the game was over as we are well below IMO where we should be.

muirhousehibby
01-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm sorry. But unless the board manage some spectacular changes (which I honestly believe they won't), this will be the final straw for me.

All part of being a hibby m8 loads of ups and downs

Bamba was a player who liked to blow his own trumpet. He has always seen himself as a contender for epl.

If players don't want to stay then good riddance,plenty other players out there who would gladly play for us..

jacomo
01-01-2011, 08:17 PM
IMHO, the board will get rid of 90% of our players. I believe RPs idea was, build up the football club, then worry about the team. Which he has (big style). I think the big days will come back. If u really support Hibs you will see the Big Picture. However I know its Fikin soul destroying now.

Fair enough but morale has now slipped so low that it will be a massive task to turn things around now.

TBH I'm not surprised if most of the players want out - we're not a very appealing club to play for right now, struggling at the wrong end of a rubbish league with general discontent and a bad vibe about the place.

Badge
01-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Fair enough but morale has now slipped so low that it will be a massive task to turn things around now.

TBH I'm not surprised if most of the players want out - we're not a very appealing club to play for right now, struggling at the wrong end of a rubbish league with general discontent and a bad vibe about the place.

Disagree. Hibs must be one of the most appealing clubs to play for. We have a hell of a lot going for us that other clubs don't.
Yes we're struggling but as we all know we will be back. A year ago we were in the same position that they are in now and they were struggling. Things can and will change. Keep the faith.

Hibercelona
01-01-2011, 08:26 PM
All part of being a hibby m8 loads of ups and downs.

The downs seem to far out weigh the ups though.

And if being a hibby means feeling cheated as a loyal supporter, it begs me to question just how long I can go on being as loyal as I am to the club. :boo hoo:

IberianHibernian
01-01-2011, 08:39 PM

TBH I'm not surprised if most of the players want out - we're not a very appealing club to play for right now, struggling at the wrong end of a rubbish league with general discontent and a bad vibe about the place. Some , maybe a lot , of the players may be thinking that a move to another club might not be a bad idea but how many if any of our current squad have shown anything to suggest a bigger (financially ) club than ours would want to sign them ? I don`t think the squad is as bad as many comments here suggest ( if we`re only aiming for top 4 in SPL in future seasons - not saying we`ll do it this season - I`d like to see us aim higher anyway ) . Players need leadership from management and other players . A lot of our players in recent years have played in other countries. Fortunately money is still not everything so I hope our club makes a big effort to make players and their families happy while at Hibernian .

hibee_nation
01-01-2011, 09:08 PM

And if being a hibby means feeling cheated as a loyal supporter, it begs me to question just how long I can go on being as loyal as I am to the club. :boo hoo:

Yer 20 years old FFS, you have got a lifetime of being let down in front of you :greengrin. Take it on the chin and keep going mate. Days like the CIS final make up for the pain. :aok:

sesoim
01-01-2011, 09:40 PM
I don't have a problem with going - good riddance. He was a good CM (why did we stop playing him there?) but an unreliable CB.

What annoys me is that we didn't have a replacement lined up. It has been clear for ages we need somebody to takeover from Jones and at the moment we have 3 or 4 inadequate CBs taking it in turn to make mistakes. It will be shocking management (yet again) if we don't sign the right type of CB this week.

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2011, 04:43 PM

LTYF :agree:

Alex Trager
03-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I agree with the op in regards to the fact the board will now haveto come out and offer the manager the money to invest,not because we have built ourselves a decent position and are able to challenge for the league or second spot,but because we are now staring relegation in the face,and if we don't invest we may end up in the first division.now we know that money is all rod cares about,and we all including him know there is none to be had in the first division... They have to realise that in order for us to make a decent profit they'll have to invest...

WindyMiller
03-01-2011, 05:10 PM

You may well be loyal to some players at the club, but you tear the Club apart on here every day.

Lago
03-01-2011, 06:29 PM

This would be the same player a fair number on here were willing to provide and drive the taxi to take him anywhere as long as it was away from ER.

Removed
03-01-2011, 06:29 PM

I've only just seen this post. So how loyal actually are you?

From what I've seen you post you would easily be found guilty of treason.

Loyal. Don't make me laugh.

Kaiser1962
03-01-2011, 06:34 PM

If Bamba did not want to go, or Calderwood did not want him to go he would still be here. Dont see how thats the boards (Petrie's) fault.

I do believe that we are working to a plan although, as you rightly so, it is truly soul destroying.

EasterRoad4Ever
03-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Leicester wanted him, he wanted to go. Hibs had little option but to comply and get as much ££ as we could. The thing that sticks out for me is to silence about the 15 other Hibs players who are all out of contract in the summer. I guess all but Riordan and maybe Miller, no other club wants our rubbish.

down the slope
03-01-2011, 06:55 PM

If that's the case then they are taking it to the wire, this is not just flirting with danger it has gone much further than that , the boards next few moves will define their tenure as they have to hand the manager a big shovel to dig us out of the merde . I would hope that they are as shocked as we are with decline and the rapidity of it so let them act accordingly and show the nerve and farsightedness that they have already shown in the stadium development with the development of the team.

bingo70
03-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Leicester wanted him, he wanted to go. Hibs had little option but to comply and get as much ££ as we could. The thing that sticks out for me is to silence about the 15 other Hibs players who are all out of contract in the summer. I guess all but Riordan and maybe Miller, no other club wants our rubbish.

probably a combination of that and that our rubbish know fine well they're at the highest level they're ever likely to get to so will be in no rush for there agents to be contacting the likes of hamilton, st mirren etc to see if theres any interest in them