PDA

View Full Version : Hibs were crap

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-01-2011, 04:23 PM
OK, we were never likey to lose 7-0 but how pish were Hibs today? What a load of ******. :yawn:

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2011, 04:36 PM
OK, we were never likey to lose 7-0 but how pish were Hibs today? What a load of ******. :yawn:

Never offered any threat to them, but defended OK in patches..... We obviously went for a draw, but could not contain them.........

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Never offered any threat to them, but defended OK in patches..... We obviously went for a draw, but could not contain them.........

How bad is it when we we hoping to contain them???

Sad, sad times.... :rolleyes:

seanraff07
01-01-2011, 04:47 PM
It isn't right that we try and play for a draw against them.

It's a derby both teams should be aiming to win!

Hibercelona
01-01-2011, 04:48 PM

Playing for a draw against our greatest rivals.

Just about sums up our class these days! :bitchy:

Alfred E Newman
01-01-2011, 05:56 PM
It isn't right that we try and play for a draw against them.

It's a derby both teams should be aiming to win!

It was all about damage limitation today. Sad but true.

DaveF
01-01-2011, 06:03 PM

You were a nervous wreck today P :greengrin

Sadly, you are also correct. Dire Hearts team - even worse Hibs team.

marinello59
01-01-2011, 06:04 PM

Aye, you are right. The game plan was not to concede a goal. Anything else would have been a bonus. I don't like it but I do understand why Calderwood set us up to do that. Depressing stuff.

erin go bragh
01-01-2011, 06:30 PM
we started the game with 3 strikers :cool2:so wouldny say we were playing 4 a draw.
no width again:rolleyes: hope miller does sign 4 them as he has the heart of a mouse [sorry if ive offended any mouse lovers] and what a fin toilet of a stadium that is .
GGTTH

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Hibs were or are crap? discuss!

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-01-2011, 07:39 PM

Yep, not a good Hearts team. A crap Hibs team.

Btw how did the bet get on?as my bet United v Aberdeeen a draw was right.

George Clooney
01-01-2011, 07:41 PM

Really?

matty_f
01-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Hibs were or are crap? discuss!

Both. Big improvements needed or this is season is going to be even more disastrous than it has been up til now.

Removed
01-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Really?

I thought they were nothing special. Templeton over hyped and they only know one way to play. They've just been carrying more luck than normal the past few weeks.

matty_f
01-01-2011, 07:56 PM
I thought they were nothing special. Templeton over hyped and they only know one way to play. They've just been carrying more luck than normal the past few weeks.

I'd give them more credit than that, Billy.

They've got a settled side at a good level, I don't think they've been that lucky with their results, unfortunately. They're keeping clean sheets for fun and are a kick in the erse of the OF - I don't think we can dismiss it as luck.

Whether or not they can sustain it is another matter, and hopefully by the time the third derby comes around we'll be in a better position to make a game of it.

NAE NOOKIE
01-01-2011, 07:59 PM
My thoughts ...... FWIW

If the day has come where we go to the PBS and play like a 2nd division team who have got a cup draw against a giant and are trying not to get a hammering, then it is time that somebody at ER got the ****ing finger out and changed everything about our club.

I first saw a Hibs game at ER in 1975 and in that time we have played the Yams 119 times and won just 26.

That is just NOT good enough !!!

As for today .... After the Aberdeen match and the first half against Utd I was happy we didnt get piked. But if anybody at Hibs is happy to see that fat Yam git jumping up and down with a big smile on his usually sour pus after every game against us, then its time they got out of this club.

Hibees Forever ............. End of rant !!!

Forza Fred
01-01-2011, 11:22 PM

Is Colin Calderwood the new Alex MIller?

Expecting Rain
02-01-2011, 10:57 AM

In the present circumstances unfortunately it was about damage limitation.

Killiehibbie
02-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Is Colin Calderwood the new Alex MIller?I've been wondering the same thing and after yesterday I think he could be.

PISTOL1875
02-01-2011, 11:11 AM

What do you expect when you have ***** like Liam Miller and Edwin De Graff playing on your team ???

hibiedude
02-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Playing for a draw against our greatest rivals.

Just about sums up our class these days! :bitchy:

Have to agree- the game was bad enough but to visit this site after the game and read some plum saying 1-0 was a good result for us was just to much to take :bitchy:

Albion Hibs
02-01-2011, 11:28 AM

I think you are still reeking.

The run we are on, the run they are on, and the game at Easter Road earlier this season. Think about all of these things and tell me we were shi&e.

I dont care how good bad or indifferent we are playing getting any result away from home in a derby is a good result, why some on here think anythig less than 3 points is a disgrace is beyond me.

Yesterday we deserved at least a draw. Hertz did not kick a ball, there "superhero" templeton (that most on other threads on here said was going to destroy us) was taken off for doing nothing and if it was not for two bits of bad decision making then we would have taken a draw.

berwickhibee
02-01-2011, 11:37 AM
I think you are still reeking.

The run we are on, the run they are on, and the game at Easter Road earlier this season. Think about all of these things and tell me we were shi&e.

I dont care how good bad or indifferent we are playing getting any result away from home in a derby is a good result, why some on here think anythig less than 3 points is a disgrace is beyond me.

Yesterday we deserved at least a draw. Hertz did not kick a ball, there "superhero" templeton (that most on other threads on here said was going to destroy us) was taken off for doing nothing and if it was not for two bits of bad decision making then we would have taken a draw.

have to disagree:greengrin im pro hibs as much as the rest of us but yesterday we were awful and got what we deserved,zilch.:confused:

Albion Hibs
02-01-2011, 11:44 AM
have to disagree:greengrin im pro hibs as much as the rest of us but yesterday we were awful and got what we deserved,zilch.:confused:

Dont know what game you were watching then. Everyone around me at the game seemed to have the opinion. Just watching bits of it again as I have recorded it and still dont see were the we derserved nothing chat is coming from.

I think the hertz fans at the game summed that up as much as anything else, they sat there without saying a word until they scored.

Sad when they sit there thinking it is more likely we will get a result than sections of our own fans.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-01-2011, 11:53 AM
**** hearts team that are streets ahead of us.......they build a team who can win games and we build a stadium with a team that couldnt win a raffle even if they bought every ticket

Phil D. Rolls
02-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Hibs are crap, thank you John Hughes, you should never manage again.

Removed
02-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Have to agree- the game was bad enough but to visit this site after the game and read some plum saying 1-0 was a good result for us was just to much to take :bitchy:

:hmmm: from Falkirk per chance?

skipster7
02-01-2011, 12:06 PM
i thought we defended well for most of the game but it was a clear your lines job which left everybody else fighting for scraps.good chances with dickoh and nish could have pinched it but i thought we were worth a draw for a battling performance.

clerriehibs
02-01-2011, 02:03 PM
My thoughts ...... FWIW

If the day has come where we go to the PBS and play like a 2nd division team who have got a cup draw against a giant and are trying not to get a hammering, then it is time that somebody at ER got the ****ing finger out and changed everything about our club.

I first saw a Hibs game at ER in 1975 and in that time we have played the Yams 119 times and won just 26.

That is just NOT good enough !!!

As for today .... After the Aberdeen match and the first half against Utd I was happy we didnt get piked. But if anybody at Hibs is happy to see that fat Yam git jumping up and down with a big smile on his usually sour pus after every game against us, then its time they got out of this club.

Hibees Forever ............. End of rant !!!

It isn't good enough. And for whatever reason, they have a real dug-in mentality about them, that the whole world is against them. It's possibly true that anyone who has ever heard of them and isn't a hearts support and could care one way or the other DOES dislike them simply because of their ingrained but tiring persecution complex.
However ... this persecution complex of theirs seems to drive them in the derby games. Even when we should be streets ahead of them in any given game, with few memorable exceptions, we're not. Look at Jefferies's quotes (http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-manager-Jim-Jefferies-doesn39t.6677214.jp)in the Scotsman (or what they, with their persecution complex, call the 'hoboman') - clearly, beating Hibs is the be all and end all for him. He may still be hurting like hell after 0-7 and 6-2, but the drive to beat Hibs first and foremost usually works for him. And anything after that takes care of itself.
Their all consuming persecution complex may be down to in-breeding, but they do still have that will to win against Hibs. It might be parochial, but until our club, from the top down, has a similar focus, we might always be 2nd best to them in the long term. If we can consistently overcome them, and EXPECT to do so, maybe then we can move onwards and upwards. And once they've been put in their place in Edinburgh, maybe then the submarine commander will finally pull the plug.

So - can CC step up to the plate? Does he understand the NEED for us to beat Hearts, because it's not just another 3 points? It's early days, but I don't hear any fire breathing dragon when CC talks.