PDA

View Full Version : Ball playing defenders ..

MSK
01-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Please CC..someone wi an ounce o composure & not someone who suffers from hot tattie syndrome ..not one of our defenders could do a two yard pass today..****ing heart breaking to watch today ..

Bob Box Fish
01-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Please CC..someone wi an ounce o composure & not someone who suffers from hot tattie syndrome ..not one of our defenders could do a two yard pass today..****ing heart breaking to watch today ..

I thought Thicot defended well today but like the rest his distribution was rotten. Aggghhh the days of Whittaker and Murphy bombing down the wing. . . .

MSK
01-01-2011, 03:22 PM
I thought Thicot defended well today but like the rest his distribution was rotten. Aggghhh the days of Whittaker and Murphy bombing down the wing. . . .An outlet we are so deprived of nowadays ...:agree:

IWasThere2016
01-01-2011, 03:37 PM
An outlet we are so deprived of nowadays ...:agree:

If you want to feel deprived, compare the CIS winning side to that side today - it'll drive you to drink :agree:

Sold Whitty, Murphy, Jones, Sproule, Brown, and Fletch. Boozy and Benji left - and replaced them with who exactly??? :grr:

bigl
01-01-2011, 11:23 PM
You're leaning on an open door with me on this one.It's the whole Scottish row Z mentality.The problem is though,you need midfielders who can pass the ball ten yards to a player in their own team and who can keep moving off the ball to receive a pass from the defence.
In fact the whole pass and move thing is the way the best teams play if you study it.
Problem is we need players who can pass a ball a few yards who can also move!
Couldn't agree more, all the best teams in any league in the game have players who can find space to get on the ball and then use it well to keep possession.
The strange thing for me though is, the one player at Hibs who has done this from day one is Kevin McBride and the present manager has deemed him surplus to requirements from the moment he was appointed.
When a manager can pick a squad of 18 players for a match from the current Hibs playing staff and KMcB is not one of them it really amazes me and tells me he either doesn't know a player when he sees one or he is not in the least bit interested in playing a passing style of play and would rather launch the hopeful ball from back to front.
After seeing his team selections and the performances since he took over from Yogi, my opinion is that it's both of the above suggestions.
2 wins in 11 games is proof enough.

booshsutton
02-01-2011, 02:42 AM
Couldn't agree more, all the best teams in any league in the game have players who can find space to get on the ball and then use it well to keep possession.
The strange thing for me though is, the one player at Hibs who has done this from day one is Kevin McBride and the present manager has deemed him surplus to requirements from the moment he was appointed.
When a manager can pick a squad of 18 players for a match from the current Hibs playing staff and KMcB is not one of them it really amazes me and tells me he either doesn't know a player when he sees one or he is not in the least bit interested in playing a passing style of play and would rather launch the hopeful ball from back to front.
After seeing his team selections and the performances since he took over from Yogi, my opinion is that it's both of the above suggestions.
2 wins in 11 games is proof enough.

No idea what has happened with McBride, he was the main man IMHO at the start of last season before he got injured and our season started to head south. CC mustn't rate him, but given the options we have in midfield and some of the selections that CC has made (seems to me that he's trying out everybody to see who is deserving of a new deal, e.g. bringing back Hogg vs United) but McBride hasn't been given a chance that I can think of.
Does anyone know if something has happened here or is he just not rated by the new Management team?