PDA

View Full Version : Just back from game

down-the-slope
01-01-2011, 02:53 PM
:greengrinDissappointed with end result but thought we showed much more grit.

Never ever in 25 years of watching derbies heard the home support so quiet for a whole match...they came expecting to walk all over us and were decidedly nervous when it was not working out that way.

Don't get me wrong there is still plenty to sort out but nothing like the embarrassing display that many were predicting...back 5 were rarely in trouble...

Our central midfield and Deeks however :rolleyes:

Duffy looked sharp and did a lot of covering of Templeton / right side to the ponit he was (Templeton) was ineffective and subbed

time for grub before i post more thoughts :greengrin

Stu
01-01-2011, 05:30 PM
If you are just back from the game then i suspect you need to use the binoculars in your avatar a bit more.
Only one team wanted to win that match today and it certainly wasn't hibs. Talk about playing for a draw...

Hibercelona
01-01-2011, 05:34 PM
If you are just back from the game then i suspect you need to use the binoculars in your avatar a bit more.
Only one team wanted to win that match today and it certainly wasn't hibs. Talk about playing for a draw...

Another one bites the dust! :bye:

Owain_1987
01-01-2011, 05:37 PM

:brokenyam:

Steve-O
01-01-2011, 05:41 PM

Seen you lot celebrating a few derby draws in your time so it wouldn't have been that bad a result for Hibs...

down-the-slope
01-01-2011, 05:43 PM

:confused: maybe 2 different ways of trying to win.

one playing it tight and looking to hit on the break

The other playing back to front Hoofball...

until 86 mins neither method was working....but i can assure you both teams wanted to win

Dinkydoo
01-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Never ever in 25 years of watching derbies heard the home support so quiet for a whole match...they came expecting to walk all over us and were decidedly nervous when it was not working out that way.

Don't get me wrong there is still plenty to sort out but nothing like the embarrassing display that many were predicting...back 5 were rarely in trouble...

Duffy looked sharp and did a lot of covering of Templeton / right side to the ponit he was (Templeton) was ineffective and subbed

Agreed.

I thought we were much better at the back and if only Nish had put that chance away then the game would have been very different - oh I so wanted him to score, for more than one reason. :devil:

I was also quite impressed with how sharp Duffy looked and the effort he seemed to put in with my only criticism being that CC perhaps should have put Galbraith and Wotherspoon on sooner than he did.

All in all we weren't brilliant, didn't play silky football, but for most of the game we matched Hearts man for man which obviously was CC's game plan.

I'm not happy with the result obviously but a little relieved all the same as I really did expect the worst the day.

Although I now officially hate Kevin Kyle more than Mark DeVries the ugly, lanky barsteward that he is. :greengrin

woodyloon
01-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Might of been positives today, but I really worry that our defending is going to keep us going one step forward and 2 back.

Under Hughes we developed this lack of basic defending, players seem to just let players go on there own and seem unable to trac back with them or get tight enough to them. Surely they should at least be able to do the basics and pick up and stay with a player in the box, and if nothing else put pressure on them.

Look at the goal today, yes the cross should of been stopped but the the defender should of been aware of Kyle behind and he should of been closer to him. This seems to be something we can't deal with, how many times do teams get free headers in or find loads of space or just simply just sit or run in between the 2 centre half's and not one of them takes responsibility to go for the ball or mark the player.

IMO opinion we are in this position because we can't as a team do basic defending, and having another manager who was a defender you would think logically that defending would be our strongest department.

Judas Iscariot
01-01-2011, 06:57 PM
The SPL is really ****ed if Hertz are the best team outside the OF..

They are proper rank rotten but sadly we're far, far worse..

Springbank
01-01-2011, 08:27 PM

Agree with every word

I was there today and expected a lot worse

From where we were there were 3 decent chances second half, Dickoh & Nish for us, and some wee tool for them did a de Graffe (ie open goal miss) at the back post.

If that's our worst team in 10 years and their best, well, chaps, it was NOTHING like the 81/19 game in the CIS of a few years back.

We competed.

Lots of room for improvement, but we made Hearts look shi'ite IMHO.

No way they will finish anywhere near the OF, they are pissssspoor.

Oh, and Grounds had a very steady game, like Zambernardi with a bit of presence.

Bad result, but ultimately a very quiet PBS until the goal, and we could've been 2 up by then (Nish, Dickoh).

Badge
01-01-2011, 08:28 PM
How many times have you lot done that over the past few years.
F-ck off you asshole.

hibsbollah
01-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Agree with the OP. I am totally sickened with the way we lost, but the performance was a massive step up from (say) the Sheep game. The defence, considering the inexperience, the fact theyd never played together in that group, did very very well for most of the game IMO.