PDA

View Full Version : Board/Manager/fans.

Thecat23
01-01-2011, 03:20 PM
The board..

have sold pretty much every player that showed promise and never showed any ambition for on field players. But on the other hand they have build us a new trainging ground and one to rival many not just in scotland but the uk.

Overall verdict.. I think they should go, i'm not having a go here i just want a board who can see that Hibs have all the foundations to be a very good club and push on now. Someone who will be more interested in taking a risk here and there because sometimes risks work. Don't need to go mad but pay a little more than my local paper laddie.

Manager..

Not everyone's cup of tea but i like the guy. He's got players who just simply don't want to be here and that is very hard to get the best out of someone with their mind set on leaving. These guys won't fly into tackles etc.. in case of injury, so are happy to lose the 50/50's sad but true. The players who do want to be here or do try get frustrated at the other lads and then think what's the point? I'm busting a gut and others are happy to plod through 90 mins. CC for me should be giving time to see who he gets shot of and who comes in.

Overall Verdict... I'm behind him 100% and hope the board gives him something or we will just be going round in circles.

Fans..

Well we seem to have a whole load of weird and wonderful fans on here and at games. Sell Deeks, keep Deeks, sell Miller Keep Miller i could go on and on. But in any time in life weather its sport/family/job.. when times are tough what makes you feel better? When everyone comes together and shows a real togetherness and when you look around and see fans are pulling together when times really are hard the players can get a lift. I thought the fans against UTD were fantastic and you could see the effect it showed through the players in the 2nd half.

Overall Verdict.. To the words of my old man. No matter how bad Hibs are they will always be YOUR team. For all the hurt there will be good times as well. Stick together lads, Hibs will Bounce again!

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2011, 03:33 PM
To the "fans" who threw their scarves onto the pitch at the end of the game, you are a disgrace to Hibernian, and not fit to wear a Hibs scarve..... Idiots!!!!

Kaiser1962
01-01-2011, 03:34 PM
The board are not going anywhere. Unless someone reading this has a good few million to spare?

sesoim
01-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Manager..

Not everyone's cup of tea but i like the guy. He's got players who just simply don't want to be here and that is very hard to get the best out of someone with their mind set on leaving. These guys won't fly into tackles etc.. in case of injury, so are happy to lose the 50/50's sad but true. The players who do want to be here or do try get frustrated at the other lads and then think what's the point? I'm busting a gut and others are happy to plod through 90 mins. CC for me should be giving time to see who he gets shot of and who comes in.

What has CC done that a pub team manager couldn't do? I'd bet anything that Jimmy Calderwood or Craig Brown would have won more than 2 out of their first 11 games here.

sesoim
01-01-2011, 03:43 PM
The board are not going anywhere. Unless someone reading this has a good few million to spare?

I'd like to know who exactly was responsible for appointing CC over other, better, options. Because they obviously have no clue about football and therefore shouldn't be allowed to make football related decisions.

Kaiser1962
01-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Who were these other, better, options?

I'd like to know who exactly was responsible for appointing CC over other, better, options. Because they obviously have no clue about football and therefore shouldn't be allowed to make football related decisions.

Betty Boop
01-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Who were these other, better, options?

Paw Broon ? :greengrin

Kaiser1962
01-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Paw Broon ? :greengrin

Oh, did he apply then?

Thecat23
01-01-2011, 03:57 PM
What has CC done that a pub team manager couldn't do? I'd bet anything that Jimmy Calderwood or Craig Brown would have won more than 2 out of their first 11 games here.

Honestly i don't know, but how can you say they would do better? Just because you think so? Look at what CC has had to play a pile of cr@p. Like i say happy to back him and i think if we had got a point he would have got his tactics spot on. Believe me if we tried to have a go Hearts would have ripped us up because man for man and as much as it hurts they are better. Maybe not Deeks but every other player.

greenteam
01-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Ok, git the jist of it.............................blaming the manager aint the correct answer. If we sack another manager, then tell me hows thats going to improve a team that cant work together. Give him a BIG chance and lets see. Remember Alex Ferg, before he had a chance to build his own team (and that includes Aberdeen)

Davy Mac
01-01-2011, 04:17 PM

Fair doos, but board members are surely not untouchable.

I have to say though, there will no family silver left to sell the way they are going but their biggest piece of family silver they have left is the FANS.

Lose the fans - which is happening by the way and has been for 20 years..........game over.

chrisski33
01-01-2011, 04:42 PM
personally i blame the players if most of us performed as bad as them at our jobs wed be sacked!

Ray_
01-01-2011, 04:51 PM
To the "fans" who threw their scarves onto the pitch at the end of the game, you are a disgrace to Hibernian, and not fit to wear a Hibs scarve..... Idiots!!!!

:rolleyes:

sahib
01-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Fair doos, but board members are surely not untouchable.

I have to say though, there will no family silver left to sell the way they are going but their biggest piece of family silver they have left is the FANS.

Lose the fans - which is happening by the way and has been for 20 years..........game over.

They are untouchable as far as the fans are concerned. It is a bit like finding your favourite restaurant or takeaway has gone down hill. There is little you can do about the owner apart from withholding your custom. Stretching the analogy you could point out our owners have at leastspent income on improving the fabric of the place it is just the fare on offer that has got worse.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2011, 04:58 PM
:rolleyes:

:confused::confused:

Something to say then say it?

marinello59
01-01-2011, 05:06 PM

Did you want Yogi sacked as well? And Mixu? Sacking the manager is always the answer from some isn't it?

hibby4ever
01-01-2011, 05:13 PM
NO NEED TO THROW SCARFS ON THE PITCH WHEN I SAW ONE OF THE SCARFS GETING CHUCKED I WAS LIKE WTF IS THE POINT WE ALL NEED TO GET BEHIND THE TEAM NOT TURN AGIANST THEM.

G.G.T.T.H :flag:KEEP THE FAITH !

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-01-2011, 05:13 PM
There is something seriously wrong with the club, apart from a crap squad, I just dont know what it is and who can put it right.

jackhfc
01-01-2011, 05:20 PM

10 games in is it? and you're already saying it was the wrong decision to appoint him, all I can say is shut up

Captain Trips
01-01-2011, 05:39 PM
The board..

have sold pretty much every player that showed promise and never showed any ambition for on field players. But on the other hand they have build us a new trainging ground and one to rival many not just in scotland but the uk.

Overall verdict.. I think they should go, i'm not having a go here i just want a board who can see that Hibs have all the foundations to be a very good club and push on now. Someone who will be more interested in taking a risk here and there because sometimes risks work. Don't need to go mad but pay a little more than my local paper laddie.

Manager..

Overall Verdict... I'm behind him 100% and hope the board gives him something or we will just be going round in circles.

Fans..

Well we seem to have a whole load of weird and wonderful fans on here and at games. Sell Deeks, keep Deeks, sell Miller Keep Miller i could go on and on. But in any time in life weather its sport/family/job.. when times are tough what makes you feel better? When everyone comes together and shows a real togetherness and when you look around and see fans are pulling together when times really are hard the players can get a lift. I thought the fans against UTD were fantastic and you could see the effect it showed through the players in the 2nd half.

Overall Verdict.. To the words of my old man. No matter how bad Hibs are they will always be YOUR team. For all the hurt there will be good times as well. Stick together lads, Hibs will Bounce again!

Ok firstly the Fans, nothing too do with this, only thing you could say it would be good if more went.

Board: Great for sorting debt but there is more to do than that, stadium yeah excellent, training center I said at time it's OTT IMO no need for such a large facility and the board wasted money on that, we needed a facility not one of that scale.

Manage: Will come in if offered job but job too much IMO, there is a real quality crisis at this club and for me the board seem to think CC is good for that job, I don't, but matbe the board think not a lot of work.

IMO Hibs are a shambles money wasted on East Mains and on paying off managers, managers wasting money on garbage. I know I will take stick and have done in past for East Mains, I never questioned needing dedicated facilities I questioned its size.

You cannot be 11pts behind ICT and Killie with the facilities and wages at the disposal, its shambolic.