PDA

View Full Version : Callum Murray

Row H
01-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Disgraceful.

How on earth Morowiech(sp) managed to stay on i will never know after two horrendous challenges in 1st half. Coupled with the stonewaller penalty for us in the 2nd half, worst perforance from a Hearts supporting referee i've ever seen.

Callum Murray GTF, ya dirty hearts b&st&**.

s.a.m
01-01-2011, 02:14 PM
I thought he had a not bad game. Another ref might have seen the Murray challenge differently:dunno: Agree about the jambo, but we put in some questionable tackles as well. I got the impression he was trying to let the game flow. May or may not be the right thing, but I don't think he was awful.

Hibernian Verse
01-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Yep it's the refs fault.

Get a grip.

Row H
01-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Yep it's the refs fault.

Get a grip.

Didnt say it was all his fault. Just said he had a shocker, which he did.

MrSmith
01-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Had the advantage of watching it on TV + multiple replays/angles and have to say he wasn't that bad. Did give a lot of soft free kicks to Hearts and dished out yellow cards to us more than them but, to be honest, felt Hearts deserved their win as much as it pains me to say it.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Don't normally criticise fellow posters but this is one of the most ridiculous threads I've read here for a long time. You might as well say that Murray should have gone off and Grounds should have had a penalty given against him.

The ref had zero to do with us losing.

hibeemikey21
01-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Disgraceful.

How on earth Morowiech(sp) managed to stay on i will never know after two horrendous challenges in 1st half. Coupled with the stonewaller penalty for us in the 2nd half, worst perforance from a Hearts supporting referee i've ever seen.

It could just as easily be said though that we were extremely lucky not to have Murray sent off. Also, they had a very strong shout for a pen when Grounds? handed it. Not seen either of those incidents on TV yet, but from where I was sitting, I thought he was very lenient. Murrays in particular looked really bad!

James70
01-01-2011, 03:06 PM
I thought it was very refreshing to see a ref who was prepared to have a laugh with both sets of players unlike some refs who treat them like naughty schoolboys. I think he had the respect of both sides without being too high handed.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-01-2011, 03:59 PM
First poster as absolutely correct.

Shocking display from a bias ref.

There is no way you can say Murray shouldhave been sent off. It was two players jumping for the ball with one coming of worse than the other. Murray kept his eyes on the ball at all times.

There penalty shout was laughable and by no way comparable to ours. Ground's moved his body to avoid it hitting his arm and his leg was up to try make contact. The ball hit his arm while it was resting at his side. No attempt to use the arm was made.

Our shout was a STONE WALLER!!! Hearts player jumping in with his arm above waist height and it clearly struct to gain clear advantage.

We were given nothing by him all afternoon. Miller's booking was a joke while Kyle escaped scot free as usual.

We did not play well or help ourselves but this doesn't take away the contributuion from the man in the middle to help the home team.

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Hibs lost the game cause we were ******, nowt to do with the ref. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I thought he had a not bad game. Another ref might have seen the Murray challenge differently:dunno: Agree about the jambo, but we put in some questionable tackles as well. I got the impression he was trying to let the game flow. May or may not be the right thing, but I don't think he was awful.

Agreed, thought he handled the match pretty well, and at the game I thought Murray was going to get a straight red for his elbow on the yam....

Beefster
01-01-2011, 05:08 PM

There is no way you can say Murray shouldhave been sent off. It was two players jumping for the ball with one coming of worse than the other. Murray kept his eyes on the ball at all times.

There penalty shout was laughable and by no way comparable to ours. Ground's moved his body to avoid it hitting his arm and his leg was up to try make contact. The ball hit his arm while it was resting at his side. No attempt to use the arm was made.

Our shout was a STONE WALLER!!! Hearts player jumping in with his arm above waist height and it clearly struct to gain clear advantage.

We were given nothing by him all afternoon. Miller's booking was a joke while Kyle escaped scot free as usual.

We did not play well or help ourselves but this doesn't take away the contributuion from the man in the middle to help the home team.

It's irrelevant whether Murray meant it or not. He led with his elbow and battered Black in the throat. As much as I hate Black, it's pointless pretending that we wouldn't have been screaming for a red if someone did that to Murray.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-01-2011, 05:29 PM

Are you sure you're not a Celtic "they're all out to get us" supporter? :wink::rolleyes:

Dinkydoo
01-01-2011, 06:28 PM

Agree.

To add though I thought that the decision at the Skacel freekick from the right side of the box was wrong.

Templeton was going to bloody fall over at some point or other with the amount of zig zagging he was doing on that wet surface. As the tackle was made he turned ever so slightly and followed through into our defender (can't for the life of me remember who it was), winning a freekick that nearly cost us.

As an aside, how much does he look like a rat :greengrin

He's just got a kind of rodent look to him.

IberianHibernian
01-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Murray`s challenge should have been a red or nothing ( I thought nothing ) so I suppose a yellow was to keep everyone happy and reducing us to 10 at that early stage would have killed game or not since we were defending mainly anyway ) . . He could have got a second yellow for a later challenge . Thought our other yellow cards were fair but Kyle should have had a yellow too ( protested it was his first foul but is a bad tackle from behind not a red card anyway ? ) . Thought our penalty claim was a stonewaller which ref would`ve given if possible Hearts penalty hadn`t happened a bit before .

Cropley10
01-01-2011, 07:08 PM
How ironic that they get Hertz supporting ref today. Who DID miss a pen and fail to book Kyle despite him fouling persistently.

They're getting all the luck right now.

Judas Iscariot
01-01-2011, 07:11 PM
The ref was brutal today..

Murrays challenge wasn't a red cos the red didn't see his elbow..

Black should have been booked for feigning injury and time wasting after it!

Mrowviewecieviciv or whatever his name is shouldve walked for either the 1st tackle on Duffy, or if the red had booked him go that 1 then ye 2nd 1 he defo wouldve been sent off!

How Kyle didn't get booked after fouling and arguing persistantly was a sham!

He bottled giving us a pen as that was a stonewaller..

But, we were ***** and the refs not the reason we got beat!

allmodcons
01-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Disgraceful.

What a load of pish!

CM defo a Jambo in his younger days but, undoubtedly, one of our better referees.

Could have given us a penalty, but could just have easily sent off Murray in first 5 minutes.

hibby_bry
02-01-2011, 04:37 AM
Hibs lost the game cause we were ******, nowt to do with the ref. :agree:

you are a balloon

Judas Iscariot
02-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Just watched the game back and the ref really was howling!

Totally inconsistant and punishing us for the slightest of challenges!

How Kyle didn't get booked is a ****ing sham, ran off the park and into the fans aswell but no booking!?

Another ridiculously poor refereeing performance from a Scottish official