PDA

View Full Version : Bamba to Leicester (Officially confirmed)

FromTheCapital
01-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Could have done with him up against that tool Kyle today unfortunately.....

But anyway your thoughts on him if he departs ?

Forza Fred
01-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Can he take another 7 or 8 with him please?

Craig_in_Prague
01-01-2011, 02:34 PM
If it's a bit of cash to tie-up Deek, get another body or two in - then great.

If we don't sign some defenders and also lose Deek, I fear we'll get relegated and next season will have about 3000 fans.

Petrie, over to you.

Twiglet
01-01-2011, 02:40 PM
I thought Dickoh did ok today, and in a high tempered game it was probably good that Bamba wasn't there to strop and be sent off. Will miss him, but not as much as I would have if we didn't have Dickoh.

ekhibee
01-01-2011, 02:46 PM
I thought Dickoh did ok today, and in a high tempered game it was probably good that Bamba wasn't there to strop and be sent off. Will miss him, but not as much as I would have if we didn't have Dickoh.
Yep, that about sums it up for me too.

woody47
01-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Bamba always thought he was better than he actually was. Could be brilliant one minute then let himself down with a bad pass or trying to be too clever.
Good luck to him but we will survive.

blairwallace
01-01-2011, 02:56 PM
http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32461
mixed emotions, maybe show them dundee's first goal from wednesday?

down-the-slope
01-01-2011, 03:01 PM
hope Bamba does go and we get decent cash.

His head was turned long time ago. He has been Hot and Cold since the Balls ups he had in Gers Boxing day match over a year ago...we need long term consistant players.

The defenders did well today and he was not missed...midfield however is another story:rolleyes:

Gala Foxes
01-01-2011, 05:14 PM
as a Hibs & Leicester supporter I am happy and disappointed at the same time

(1) Happy Hibs are selling this deluded (I can play for Liverpool) mercenary & getting money for him

(2) Disappointed he will be at Leicester

Bostonhibby
01-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Won't miss him as he has been bigging himself up and trying to engineer a move away for some time, and not doing it in a respectful way I feel, if he hadn't gone now who knows what the attitude would have been for an important run in then he would have walked for nothing as its unlikely he would be staying having made up his mind he is a superstar.

Personally I think he will toil at Championship level as there's more potential for costly errors and less time to recover from mistakes becasue of the quality of striker he will be up against. Like Gala above, having lived in Leicester previously for years I have a soft spot for them and I therefore have mixed feelings, I wonder what will happen when Sol makes his mind up about what his new level is next and then starts talking about it.

offshorehibby
01-01-2011, 05:40 PM
While i liked big Bamba i don't think we'll miss him. I'm hoping one of the signings lined up is a big old fashioned CH. Captain material, somebody who can organise the team.
Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

jackhfc
01-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Anybody know how much we're getting for him?

Bostonhibby
01-01-2011, 05:48 PM
While i liked big Bamba i don't think we'll miss him. I'm hoping one of the signings lined up is a big old fashioned CH. Captain material, somebody who can organise the team.
Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

:agree: Whats Rob Jones doing these days? :wink:

zero-seven
01-01-2011, 05:48 PM
timing is everything..ill judged ( before a crucial derby )..we are in relegation battle..have no backbone in the team.

lets face it ..we should just sell the assets of the club...oh sorry, we already do that and have done for many many years..until this changes, we will be a mediocre club unfortunately.

ancient hibee
01-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Dickoh plays to his limitations.

Bamba doesn't realise he has any.

Gala Foxes
01-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Dickoh's hesitation in not closing down the winger cost us the game

Gala Foxes
01-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Great Leicester City Centre Half's

Steve Walsh - Wembley heros versus Derby County

Gerry Taggart & Matt Elliott - Wembley winners in the League Cup

Larry May & John O'Neill - Div 2 Champions under Jock Wallace in 80/81

Jack Hobbs - future England international

Sol Bamba - in his own mind good enough to play for Liverpool - aye right

Go & sign for Derby or Forest

Dinkydoo
01-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Dickoh plays to his limitations.

Bamba doesn't realise he has any.

What he said.

Hope we get a bit of cash for him though as he does have potential (perhaps just not as much as he thinks he has!).

Removed
01-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Dickoh's hesitation in not closing down the winger cost us the game

:confused: some folk are adamant that it was Nish that cost us the game

Bishop Hibee
01-01-2011, 06:15 PM

The weekly wage at Leicester should set him up for life if he's sensible.

I'll remember him first and foremost for getting away with a blatant push on Dean Shiels in the SC semi replay at Hampden v the Pars.

In a Hibs jersey, better than I thought he'd be when we signed him but too inconsistent. Preferred Jones.

CallumLaidlaw
01-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Disappointed to see him go but glad we got a fee. By far our best defender overall.

BEEJ
01-01-2011, 07:10 PM
timing is everything..ill judged ( before a crucial derby )..we are in relegation battle..have no backbone in the team.

Yeah, for the sake of another 24 hours it might have been better to have him play today.

dangermouse
01-01-2011, 07:43 PM
:confused: some folk are adamant that it was Nish that cost us the game

Where was Grounds for the goal?

Gala Foxes
01-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Where was Grounds for the goal?

why did Dickoh hesitate and not close down the winger ?

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah, for the sake of another 24 hours it might have been better to have him play today.

Would have made no difference to today's result if Bamba had played.

YetholmHibee
01-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Brilliant News!!!

Over-rated & another bad egg in the dressing room going.

Onwards & upwards.

:thumbsup: :aok: :greengrin :bye:

Spike Mandela
01-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Brilliant News!!!

Onwards & upwards.:thumbsup: :aok: :greengrin :bye:

Not so sure on upwards, the playing side at Hibs has been in steady decline for years.

Kaiser1962
01-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Disappointed to see him go but glad we got a fee. By far our best defender overall.

I dont think it will be much of a fee as he is a free agent in six months and made it clear to Hibs that he wouldnt be signing again. His agent has been hawking him around England as he is entitled to do.

Agree with Ancient Hibbees comment and he was a bit of a bombscare at times and cost us the first on wed and was generally poor.

Best game I saw him play was against us at Hampden for Dunfermline. Never got close to that display for Hibs I'm afraid.

muirhousehibby
01-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Brilliant News!!!

Onwards & upwards.

:thumbsup: :aok: :greengrin :bye:

yip just another 2 to go as well.:wink:

down the slope
01-01-2011, 07:59 PM
What next , sell the stand , there is **** all left in the cupboard now so what do we do ?. Rod has bailed himself out time and time again to show a decent balance sheet but obviously cares not a jot what we have to put up with, he and the board might get ten per cent of every pound i spend at the club but not one groat more from me !.

scoopyboy
01-01-2011, 08:00 PM
yip just another 2 to go as well.:wink:

pray tell.

hibee4life1983
01-01-2011, 08:05 PM
why did Dickoh hesitate and not close down the winger ?

My exact thoughts. No bamba in the middle so he allowed the cross!
Must say dicoh was up ther as one of our better players overall.

I must also mention liam miller, of whom i shall start a thread. I know something, how? His sister.

ScottB
01-01-2011, 08:06 PM
What next , sell the stand , there is **** all left in the cupboard now so what do we do ?. Rod has bailed himself out time and time again to show a decent balance sheet but obviously cares not a jot what we have to put up with, he and the board might get ten per cent of every pound i spend at the club but not one groat more from me !.

So you'd keep Bamba, a guy who seems to have been moaning about wanting out near constantly, for another 6 months against his will just to lose him for nothing?

Looks like Rod bashing threads will take the place of the near constant Nish / Hogg bashing this week.

topmab
01-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Anybody know how much we're getting for him?

I haven't seen a figure but Calderwood has said "it's a good deal for the club". It'd be interesting to know how much cash it's gonna raise us to allow CC to wheel & deal.

Anybody got any ideas?

Dunbar Hibee
01-01-2011, 08:31 PM
:hilarious

RickyS
01-01-2011, 08:39 PM

I must also mention liam miller, of whom i shall start a thread. I know something, how? His sister.

she happy to have you share this then?

.Sean.
01-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Cheerio Sol.<br />
<br />
He'll be found out in the Championship for sure if he attempts one of his strolls with the ball on the 18 yard line. Won't miss him at all, was much more peed off when Jones left.

hibee4life1983
01-01-2011, 09:05 PM
she happy to have you share this then?

Probably not, but im a hibs fan and all hibs fans deserve to know the truth.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-01-2011, 09:11 PM
i'd normally have been delighted, but now i couldnt give a flying fek what happens to our "players"

tossers the lot of them :agree:

ScottB
01-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Probably not, but im a hibs fan and all hibs fans deserve to know the truth.

Eh no we don't, his bosses deserve to know the truth, and I'm sure they do. We do not.

So if you were having family problems at home that were effecting you at work, you'd be happy for everyone and anyone to know about it then yeah?

Hibernia Na Eir
01-01-2011, 10:20 PM

if he'd played it would have been good of Sol to knock out Kyle's 2 remaining teeth out his ugly ***** coupon. He may be 6ft odds, but he's no hardman, no no. ***** wimp out there today :agree:

jackhfc
01-01-2011, 10:35 PM
if he'd played it would have been good of Sol to knock out Kyle's 2 remaining teeth out his ugly ***** coupon. He may be 6ft odds, but he's no hardman, no no. ***** wimp out there today :agree:

He got MOM (again in a derby), as much as it hurts to say, i'd have him in the Hibs team anyday:boo hoo:

steakbake
01-01-2011, 10:49 PM
We're well rid of Bamba, i reckon. And we got some money. He has talent but he's far from unreplaceable.

H18sry
02-01-2011, 10:21 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9332096.stm

Hibernian central defender Sol Bamba has passed a medical ahead of a proposed move to Leicester City.

The 25-year-old Ivory Coast international is out of contract at the end of the season and is known to be keen on a move to English football.

And it appears likely that France-born Bamba will leave Easter Road for the Walkers Stadium within days.

Hibs manager Colin Calderwood told BBC Scotland: "There's some sort of agreement between the clubs."

Bamba was not even on the bench as Hibs took to the field for the New Year's Day Edinburgh derby against Hearts.

"We have allowed him to go down there and hold discussions," explained Calderwood.

Liam Miller, the former Celtic, Manchester United and Sunderland midfielder who has been linked with Hearts, returned to the Hibs starting line-up at Tynecastle.

But Wednesday's 2-2 draw with Dundee United, when Bamba was to blame for the visitors' opening goal before Hibs staged a two-goal fightback, could be the defender's last game for the Edinburgh club.

Bamba joined Hibs in 2008 from Dunfermline Athletic, having spent two years with the Fife club.

He had started his career with Paris Saint-Germain but moved to Dunfermline after failing to break into the French top-flight club's first team.

Before joining Hibs, Bamba appeared close to a move to Leicester's Championship rivals, Watford, having spent a trial spell at Vicarage Road.

He has since been linked with Fulham and Rennes.

Bamba has become a regular in the Ivory Coast squad since being chosen for the 2008 Olympic Games and played at the World Cup in South Africa.

However, he was ordered to train with Hibs' youth team by manager John Hughes after returning to Easter Road later than expected following his summer international commitments.

Hughes has since been succeeded by Colin Calderwood, who appears set to lose a player who has become a key member of his defence, despite Hibs losing six and winning only two of their 10 games since he took charge.

Asked whether he himself had room for manoeuvre in the January transfer market, Calderwood said: "Plenty."

hibiedude
02-01-2011, 10:25 AM

The timing of this news was poor but he wanted to leave so lets move on to players that want to stay and fight to get us out of this hole we find ourselves in.

PaulSmith
02-01-2011, 10:41 AM
He got MOM (again in a derby), as much as it hurts to say, i'd have him in the Hibs team anyday:boo hoo:

And if we had a board that realised what impact a player like Kyle would have on the team there's a good chance that he would've been a Hibs player. For a few hundred grand though we didn't and they did.

Hibi
02-01-2011, 12:53 PM
And if we had a board that realised what impact a player like Kyle would have on the team there's a good chance that he would've been a Hibs player. For a few hundred grand though we didn't and they did.

Please Kevin Kyle is a very average player who is currently playing in a strong hearts team. The amount of possession that they had meant he would eventually have chances to get a goal which is the reason for him gaining motm. He is only effective due to his rather oversized bulk, similar to how amateur or pub league sides would deploy a big blooter up front.

PaulSmith
02-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Please Kevin Kyle is a very average player who is currently playing in a strong hearts team. The amount of possession that they had meant he would eventually have chances to get a goal which is the reason for him gaining motm. He is only effective due to his rather oversized bulk, similar to how amateur or pub league sides would deploy a big blooter up front.

He is an average football player who uses his strength to terrorise centre halves, he also scores a fair number of goals and is an excellent person to have around the club.
Him and Riordan up front would've been an excellent pairing but our board wouldn't sanction the move. Another excellent piece of business up there with the appointment of Calderwood.

ginger_rice
02-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Cheerio Sol.<br />
<br />
He'll be found out in the Championship for sure if he attempts one of his strolls with the ball on the 18 yard line. Won't miss him at all, was much more peed off when Jones left.

Totally agree I reckon that big Sol will be the latest in a long line of "star" players who reach their peak at Easter Road and fail miserably to step up to the next level

stokesmessiah
02-01-2011, 01:49 PM
http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2256416,00.html

Been announced on Leicesters website !

stokesmessiah
02-01-2011, 01:51 PM
http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2256416,00.html

Been announced on Leicesters website !

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110102/player-update_2262950_2256356

And ours !

matty_f
02-01-2011, 01:55 PM
So long sol, good luck at leicester.

BroxburnHibee
02-01-2011, 01:57 PM
So long sol, good luck at leicester.

:agree:

fife hfc
02-01-2011, 02:01 PM
I cannae believe the amount of bitching about Sol. I wish him all the best and hope he does well.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Good luck Sol. :not worth

Hibs90
02-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Good move for Sol, hope he does well down there and gets a move to the EPL. Mon the Bamba. :thumbsup:

Leicester Fan
02-01-2011, 02:17 PM
If he plays tomorrow I'll let you know how he got on.

Love the Green
02-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Think it just shows the lack of any ambition at ER when we sell our best player on the day of a derby. He is our stronges tplayer in the air and would at least have challenged dirty Kyle insted of allowing him free header after free header.When do the loyal fans start getting payback on the pitch for our endless support?

"keep the faith"

PeterboroHibee
02-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Good riddance to him imo. Dont get me wrong, when he was focused on the club he was a superb defender, but as soon as he became involved in the international set up he clearly thought he was better than the club (constantly not turning up when he should, whoring himself to other clubs, arrogant performances on the pitch).

Hopefully we got a decent enough fee for him and CC is allowed to spend it!

Removed
02-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Think it just shows the lack of any ambition at ER when we sell our best player on the day of a derby. He is our stronges tplayer in the air and would at least have challenged dirty Kyle insted of allowing him free header after free header.When do the loyal fans start getting payback on the pitch for our endless support?

"keep the faith"

I lost count of the free headers Dundee Utd had on Wednesday.

And Bamba our best player :confused: if that was the case this place should be in meltdown. It's not.

Love the Green
02-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Good riddance to him imo. Dont get me wrong, when he was focused on the club he was a superb defender, but as soon as he became involved in the international set up he clearly thought he was better than the club (constantly not turning up when he should, whoring himself to other clubs, arrogant performances on the pitch).

Hopefully we got a decent enough fee for him and CC is allowed to spend it!

Is it not the case as he has not yet moved so we would still be paying his wages and he should have been selected yesterday and although we did ok until the goal he would have added something extra in the physical battle that always needs to be won against the dogs.

"keep the faith

Baldy Foghorn
02-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Big time Charlie.....What happened to PSG and Liverpool Sol? Leicester is slightly less of an attraction IMO.......

Man thinks he is a superstar......Won't forget him going AWOL whilst the other players were bursting guts in Holland in pre season......

Manxhibs
02-01-2011, 02:43 PM
I reckon this transfer is similar to the stokes one, we had a player who can be brilliant but often he would go missing, in bambas case it was mostly straight after international games. I also believe that sol was having a negative effect on the dressing room, with his out of whack ego causing him to be disruptive, similar to stokes I'm lead to believe. I wish him all the best but I think hibs are best off without him, my opinion of course.

stubru59
02-01-2011, 02:45 PM

"keep the faith"

That'll be the same Bamba that gave away the first goal against Dundee United.

micksoo
02-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Sorry to see him go. I think he will do well at Leicester.
Good luck Sol!

PeterboroHibee
02-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Is it not the case as he has not yet moved so we would still be paying his wages and he should have been selected yesterday and although we did ok until the goal he would have added something extra in the physical battle that always needs to be won against the dogs.

"keep the faith

Exactly, first day of the transfer window when we have a massive game. Was it that necessary for him to go down when we needed everyone available? Not saying it would have changed the result but he would most likely have been starting!

Its not at all suprising though, we've known for quite a while now hes wanting away.

sadtom
02-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Good luck Sol.
Easily our most sought after player and valueable asset out the door again and we have to hope that on this occasion every single penny of it is used to improve the standard of player at the club. I cant imagine we'd be able to tempt a sunday league player wi any monies raised from selling any of the others. Thats why its been inevitable Hibs would deal in this window.
Big Sol problem (imho) was that he thought he was better than the rest of the team and often would look like he was trying to do too many of the other players jobs.
Our problem is, (imho) that he was correct. He is better than the rest of our players.
When he concentrated on doing his own job i thought, with the possible exception of bougherra, he's the best centre half in the league.
When he is playing alongside better players and learns some discipline in his defending (which will be easier when he's not trying to do too much) then i think he has all the attributes to be a top defender. Big, strong, quick, brave and it would appear not short on self confidence, with the desire to achieve more.
Without doubt he's had his 'moments' but all these comments about him not being a decent fitba player are gash. Ask yourself, if your life depended on one of these defenders havin the ability to dribble past 3-4 players, would you pick Sol or - Hogg, Dickoh, Hanlon, Thicot, Murray or even Jones and Caldwell to name a couple of recent ex players (you could add a least a dozen regular EPL centre halves to that list too).
I predict in 2-3 years he will be playing champions league standard fitba. I'm happy to be reminded by the anoraks if i'm wrong.
I think we're gonna miss him.

p.s. Happy New Year to all at Hibs net.
p.p.s. Were f***ed.

heretoday
02-01-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm quite happy Bamba's away frankly. Clumsy, frequently caught out of position .....

He was better played further forward IMO.

Mikey
02-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Somewhat ironic that when you go to the official site you're met with an advert saying "Sale Now On" :greengrin

Looking forward to the announcements about players coming in.............

Spike Mandela
02-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Good luck Sol.
Easily our most sought after player and valueable asset out the door again and we have to hope that on this occasion every single penny of it is used to improve the standard of player at the club. I cant imagine we'd be able to tempt a sunday league player wi any monies raised from selling any of the others. Thats why its been inevitable Hibs would deal in this window.
Big Sol problem (imho) was that he thought he was better than the rest of the team and often would look like he was trying to do too many of the other players jobs.
Our problem is, (imho) that he was correct. He is better than the rest of our players.
When he concentrated on doing his own job i thought, with the possible exception of bougherra, he's the best centre half in the league.
When he is playing alongside better players and learns some discipline in his defending (which will be easier when he's not trying to do too much) then i think he has all the attributes to be a top defender. Big, strong, quick, brave and it would appear not short on self confidence, with the desire to achieve more.
Without doubt he's had his 'moments' but all these comments about him not being a decent fitba player are gash. Ask yourself, if your life depended on one of these defenders havin the ability to dribble past 3-4 players, would you pick Sol or - Hogg, Dickoh, Hanlon, Thicot, Murray or even Jones and Caldwell to name a couple of recent ex players (you could add a least a dozen regular EPL centre halves to that list too).
I predict in 2-3 years he will be playing champions league standard fitba. I'm happy to be reminded by the anoraks if i'm wrong.
I think we're gonna miss him.

p.s. Happy New Year to all at Hibs net.
p.p.s. Were f***ed.

Don't you get the strategy?

Summer Window sell your top goalscorer

January window sell your top defender

That's how every top six team runs their business.:devil:

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Somewhat ironic that when you go to the official site you're met with an advert saying "Sale Now On" :greengrin

Looking forward to the announcements about players coming in.............
:greengrin

Agree on the acquisition front. And a new face announced on Monday / Tuesday would not go amiss in terms of the general level of morale.

Spike Mandela
02-01-2011, 03:31 PM
:greengrin

Agree on the acquisition front. And a new face announced on Monday / Tuesday would not go amiss in terms of the general level of morale.

Would depend who it was Beej, surely:greengrin

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Would depend who it was Beej, surely:greengrin
:greengrin I'm assuming that the early Bamba announcement clears the way for CC to announce a decent new player this week to bring a bit of steel to the side.

But you're correct. If, for example, we announce with a great fanfare that we're taking on one of the recently released St. Johnstone players, that would have the opposite effect as regards club PR.

TornadoHibby
02-01-2011, 04:45 PM

So........, ready to share the new news yet then? :cool2:

Removed
02-01-2011, 04:48 PM
So........, ready to share the new news yet then? :cool2:

He started a separate thread last night. Not worth bothering about imo.

Kaiser1962
02-01-2011, 04:52 PM
He started a separate thread last night. Not worth bothering about imo.

Didnt last long though.........:whistle:

hibsbollah
02-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I remember watching him against us for Dunfermline in the cup semi final years ago and thinking he would be a good signing. When we actually signed him there were a lot of doubters, but I think he's been an excellent defender for us and he'll be missed. I'd rank him above Jones, probably our best defender excepting Murphy in the last ten years.

essexhibee
02-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Ta Ta Sol. Good luck dan saff but your AWOL acts and constant biggen up og yourself made me lose a lot of respect for you.

Criswell
02-01-2011, 05:58 PM
I remember one game against Celtic when he played just in front of the back four and he was immense; nothing got past him on the ground or in the air. he was brilliant that day. I'm not saying he always reached those heights but he is certainly good enough to play at a higher level than the SPL.

Petrie's obviously trying to cash in on him before he walks for nothing in the Summer - a move that could easily backfire if he is not replaced adequately.

Leicester Fan
07-01-2011, 03:29 PM
It looks like Sol will be making his début on the TV against Man City on Sunday. It's on ESPN (there's bound to be a stream on the internet) if anyone's interested.

Golden Bear
07-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I remember watching him against us for Dunfermline in the cup semi final years ago and thinking he would be a good signing. When we actually signed him there were a lot of doubters, but I think he's been an excellent defender for us and he'll be missed. I'd rank him above Jones, probably our best defender excepting Murphy in the last ten years.

We've had a lot worse than Sol but I think big Jones was just that wee bit better.

hfc rd
07-01-2011, 03:41 PM
I liked Bamba but his attitude was wrong at times and he was very desperate to leave last summer. He thought he was amazing and started up all of these silly rumours about being approached by Liverpool! We will see this sunday against rich-oil man city if he is capable at playing at that level.

Anyways good luck to the big man and it will be very interesting seeing him up against the Toure brothers. He was a joy to watch when he was at his best. Hope he plays DM and shows that he is a much better player in that position than at CB where Yogi & Caldo seemed to think that was his best position.

easty
07-01-2011, 03:44 PM
We've had a lot worse than Sol but I think big Jones was just that wee bit better.

Aye. I liked Sol as well, good player. I don't think we'll miss him as much as Jones, but there's nae doubt in my mind that Bamba is a quality player.

I like Sven's quote about him after signing him...

Eriksson said: "He is a little bit similar to Davies. He is strong, a good header of the ball and rather quick.

"Technically, he is not Franz Beckenbauer but he is certainly okay."