PDA

View Full Version : Well Colin

lenny leith
01-01-2011, 02:49 PM
If you stick with this lot of imposters you will be looking for a new job very soon.
They will take you down with them.
Changes have to be made. It's up to you.

Thats all

scott7_0(Prague)
01-01-2011, 02:51 PM
If you stick with this lot of imposters you will be looking for a new job very soon.

Thats all

PMSL, I believe he know this, as for sticking with them, that depends on what budget he has been given by the board.

Cropley10
01-01-2011, 02:54 PM
He's got a perfect budget, apparently.

He's just said on the radio that there will be no major changes in this window.

matty_f
01-01-2011, 02:56 PM

That is frightening. We are already weakened now that bamba is away, grounds will go at the end of january...:bitchy:

MrSmith
01-01-2011, 02:58 PM

A perfect budgie more like! He'll have to do it all on the cheap!

Looking at his demeanor today, I reckon he'll be off before long.

Saorsa
01-01-2011, 02:58 PM
That is frightening. We are already weakened now that bamba is away, grounds will go at the end of january...:bitchy:hardly a great loss. It worries me he's not bringing in any quality but getting rid of ***** like him winnae make us any worse.

matty_f
01-01-2011, 02:59 PM
hardly a great loss. It worries me we're not bringing in any quality but getting rid of ***** like him winnae make us any worse.
Yep, agree with you - particularly when I remembered that booth is back and is better at left back than grounds.

ozzie
01-01-2011, 03:01 PM
would like to think byrne, booth, welsh, zouma and duffy can be like new signings to us.

stoneyburn hibs
01-01-2011, 03:03 PM
listening to calderwoods post match interview was not very inspiring, and imo he came across as clueless

Greenblood70
01-01-2011, 03:03 PM
That is frightening. We are already weakened now that bamba is away, grounds will go at the end of january...:bitchy:

Grounds going will actually strengthen us!!!:wink:

He can take that wage thief De Graaf with him in all...you just don't equate Dutch players with having such a poor technique.

I just don't see us staying up unless there at the very least 3 or 4 new signings. Petrie is going to come under increasing pressure as well as he can't do what he usually does and sack this manager in all or he'd be as well resigning himself.

sesoim
01-01-2011, 03:04 PM

He sounded dour and depressing on the radio. No change there then.

I just hope he is great at signing players because he certainly doesn't seem to be a tactical genius or a great motivator.

Why did Petrie appoint him again?

Magnifique
01-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Really simple we are in the best position to improve our squad outside the old firm, we are virtually debt free and we HAVE to bring in some better players than we have and NOW

I was tempted back to buy me and the bairn season tickets this year after a long long absense if there is no ambition from this spineless board it will be the last for a long long time again

We have the money to do it and we MUST been winging it with **** buys for far too long now

sesoim
01-01-2011, 03:07 PM
would like to think byrne, booth, welsh, zouma and duffy can be like new signings to us.

The first three weren't considered good enough fopr the first team a few monthsa go (although Hughes was in charge at the time) so I'm not sure if much will have changed. I'm hopeful Booth at least will get a shot at LB though.

We definitely need Zemmama, and Duffy should help, but we still need about another six players to really sort the team out.

Kaiser1962
01-01-2011, 03:09 PM
He sounded dour and depressing on the radio. No change there then.

I just hope he is great at signing players because he certainly doesn't seem to be a tactical genius or a great motivator.

Why did Petrie appoint him again?

Can you give the man a ****ing chance you ****ing helmet.

sesoim
01-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Really simple we are in the best position to improve our squad outside the old firm, we are virtually debt free and we HAVE to bring in some better players than we have and NOW

I was tempted back to buy me and the bairn season tickets this year after a long long absense if there is no ambition from this spineless board it will be the last for a long long time again

We have the money to do it and we MUST been winging it with **** buys for far too long now

To be fair, Riordan, stokes, Killen, Szama (even if it was short term), Brown and even De Graf were all biggish signings. But I agree - if you look at our squad there are about 13 players who aren't good enough. We need to offload them and get 5 or 6 better quality players in - at the same time creating room for the youngsters to break through.

It will be intersting to see how Petrie is seen in a few years time if the youngsters don't progress and we don't have anyone to sell. Bottom six mediocrity is not a success for Hibs, and if it wasn't for selling all our best youngsters in the first place Petrie would never have been made out to be such a financial genius by some folk here.

Dalianwanda
01-01-2011, 03:14 PM
:agree:

Magnifique
01-01-2011, 03:20 PM

What? Like Sauzee got?

And yes im just at the stirring

However early signs aint great, no initial reaction to his appointment (Pa Broon has 6 out of 6 points in his firsdt two games) no change in the way we are playing except maybe a bit more tendancy to hoof it up the park (as was expected from him)...And he really should be bursting down Petries door demanding money not telling everybody theres not gonna be much change

However we have to back him for now good luck Colin but get them shirkers out the door asap and better in

ekhibee
01-01-2011, 03:22 PM
I actually thought CC sounded as if he was trying to hold his temper at the interview. It could be frustration at not being in a position to make any, or not many new signings/loan deals during the transfer window. And the member of Hearts backroom staff who was winding him up after the game? I would imagine u don't have to look much further than a certain Mr G. Locke.

Big Ed
01-01-2011, 03:56 PM
What? Like Sauzee got?

However early signs aint great, no initial reaction to his appointment (Pa Broon has 6 out of 6 points in his firsdt two games) no change in the way we are playing except maybe a bit more tendancy to hoof it up the park (as was expected from him)...And he really should be bursting down Petries door demanding money not telling everybody theres not gonna be much change

However we have to back him for now good luck Colin but get them shirkers out the door asap and better in

Post Match Interviews are the worst way to stay informed as a fan IMO.
Much as we'd like him to; he won't say that we are going to be doing plenty in the transfer market, because if the deals fall through; it'll make the Club look like *****.
January is a bad time to be signing players because they are all almost certainly still under contract.
Having said that; I will be very surprised if we don't see some players come up from England in the next month.
As for the shirkers; Yogi knew it, Petrie knows it and so does the Manager. Getting them tae ****** is the hard part.

Kaiser1962
01-01-2011, 04:01 PM
While Sauzee's results were unispiring they were just a small part of why he was asked to leave.

Agree with your last part.

What? Like Sauzee got?

Cropley10
01-01-2011, 04:05 PM

Completely agree. CC will do a Sauzee I reckon. Doesn't have a Scooby about this League and seems to have the same ideas as Yogi.

Underwhelmed would best describe how I feel.

We've lost one of our best players in Bamba - who doesn't come in will be interesting to say the least.

Cropley10
01-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Post Match Interviews are the worst way to stay informed as a fan IMO.
Much as we'd like him to; he won't say that we are going to be doing plenty in the transfer market, because if the deals fall through; it'll make the Club look like *****.
January is a bad time to be signing players because they are all almost certainly still under contract.
Having said that; I will be very surprised if we don't see some players come up from England in the next month.
As for the shirkers; Yogi knew it, Petrie knows it and so does the Manager. Getting them tae ****** is the hard part.

But who are these 'shirkers' exactly - and how many aren't out of contract at the end of this season??:confused:

I don't expect anyone to come up from England tbh

Big Ed
01-01-2011, 04:19 PM
But who are these 'shirkers' exactly - and how many aren't out of contract at the end of this season??:confused:

I don't expect anyone to come up from England tbh

I'm not sure I understand the point of your question.
We have 16 players out of contract this Summer, Do you want me to go throught them one by one? because that has already been done to death.
In one way that is good that all these contracts are up at the same time, because it means we can get them tae ****, but in another it is bad, because if they think that they are leaving, they might not be up for the dog fight.

My point is that we need better players at ER but it will be a balancing act as to who and when they come in and what division they will be playing in.

Judas Iscariot
01-01-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't think he's any guid tbh..

Took him how many attempts to realise Hogg is a joey?

Then played him against the sheep and had a howler AGAIN..

Same applies to Rankin, Grounds etc

Nearly ALL teams see a immediate impact when a new manager comes in but if anything we've got WORSE!!

Zero football being played and reduced to playing young, out of the picture CH's up top so we can keep hoofing away..

Nah, not Hibs class i'm afraid

greenteam
01-01-2011, 06:15 PM
They said Grounds was going back to Midlesbourgh.....So we have nothing better, that worries me!

Dinkydoo
01-01-2011, 06:45 PM

Surely a new manager must try out players on his own to form an accurate view of how good a player actually is............whilst appreciating that everyone can have a "bad day at the office" - it takes more than one or two games to find that out; not giving players a proper chance to show thier worth is hardly going to inspire brilliant performances either.

I think you'd be a little confused too when players like Rankin (who you have never really seen play before) perform so badly one week and then play like THAT against the huns.

I've heard of inconsistancy but ffs :greengrin

Nearly ALL teams see a immediate impact when a new manager comes in but if anything we've got WORSE!!

Zero football being played and reduced to playing young, out of the picture CH's up top so we can keep hoofing away..

Probably the daftest thing I've heard people judging CC on (and it's not just you, others have been guilty as well :wink:).

I understand you're frustration completely as a fellow Hibee but just because we've not had the small amount of appeasement which comes from having a "honeymoon period" when a new manager comes in, doesn't mean he's a crap manager - if anything it means that the players truely don't care enough even to work at trying to impress the new boss.

I'm beginning to wonder who is.............. :cool2:

muirhousehibby
01-01-2011, 06:55 PM

You can only piss with the c... you've got comes to mind.

Evey player has had their chance now to impress. ffs let CC get on with it and judge him when the time is right..

stevenson
01-01-2011, 07:27 PM

Thats all

We can't keep changing managers.

CC has more on his CV than Collins, Mixu and Yogi put together. He did not give up a No2 job in the EPL to fail in the SPL.

He has to work with what he inherited - and the recent consensus on here is that is a poor legacy.

He selected 20 players in the three games played this week and changed the formation each time. He is evidently trying to figure out how to get the best out of a squad which collectively lacks fight, guile and leadership.

I do hope he is able to bring in new faces in January and put his own stamp on things. I can't see any real alternative way forward.

Shrekko
01-01-2011, 07:33 PM

Was going to say I couldn't believe folk were lining up the pot-shots already but then again nothing should surprise these days.

CC has no choice but to try and give the sub-standard played he has some confidence but you can be 100 percent certain major changes will happen and I wouldn't be surprised if a few happen very soon.

fatbloke
01-01-2011, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE He can take that wage thief De Graaf with him in all...you just don't equate Dutch players with having such a poor technique.

[/QUOTE]

Why would a dutch player with any real class and ability come to Scotland - sorry folks the above quote says it all.

Big Ed
01-01-2011, 08:20 PM

Was going to say I couldn't believe folk were lining up the pot-shots already but then again nothing should surprise these days.

CC has no choice but to try and give the sub-standard played he has some confidence but you can be 100 percent certain major changes will happen and I wouldn't be surprised if a few happen very soon.

I agree 100%.
You can tell he just doesn't rate most of them and I'm not surprised he has come to that conclusion.
It must be murder to try and get results with a team which you have inherited but full of players you don't trust to get the basics right.
Every week we lose comedy goals, but the players never seem to learn from their mistakes.
IMO we need battlers for the rest of the season and if people start moaning because it ain't pretty; then tough.

IberianHibernian
01-01-2011, 08:44 PM
When is started supporting Hibs , Shankly was manager so we`ve probably had more than 20 managers since then . Of those , only 3 or 4 have been considered successful ( Willie MacFarlane who didn`t last long at ER after off field problems , Turnbull who is famous for Tornadoes but led us to First Division and signed loads of dross , McLeish who signed loads of players and got lucky with Sauzee and Latapy and Mowbray who has since failed at other clubs .. Collins will be remembered for LC win but we still had some good players then something which Mixu , Yogi and CC haven`t had ) . Until we get another group of good young players like O`Connor , Riordan etc or considerable outside investment no manager will be successful ( top 4 in league , good cup runs and entertaining football ) . Don`t know if CC will be successful ( constant changes in team selection suggest he still doesn`t know best team or is trying to keep all players happy ) or if he was a good appointment ( changing manager midseason rarely brings good results and I fear this is another example ) . For long term think we should think about spending a lot on a coach who has experience of working with Youth Development at a big team outside Scotland ( expensive in short term but not in long term ) and a General Manager/Technical Director .

OtterHibee
01-01-2011, 09:00 PM

Please, could you change the bleeding record and give him a break for once. Were you not calling someone else into question only earlier on today for slagging off Nish, yet you persist week in week out with your usual tirade aimed at Hogg and Rankin in particular.

He gave him one game prior to last Saturday - his first in charge at Pittodrie - before dropping him straight away whist players who had disgraced themselves far more so retained their places, most prominently Sol Bamba who had been the worst player on the pitch that day. And he was played at Right Back, which Chris himself will freely admit is not his position.

As regards why he was finally given only his second start under Calderwood against Aberdeen again last week, I should bloody well think so. The manager had yet to give him a sniff of a run out in his proper position after that first game. Yes, he had a nightmare. Who hasn't over the past year? It generally doesn't help said player either when his team's own crowd continually give him hell. Whether you or others rate him or not, the manager has to have the opportunity to cast an eye over all of his players, including Chris Hogg. And ideally, the best way for that player to prove to his latest manager what he is capable of is by giving him a run of games, even as few as two or three in succession if needs be, not the odd game whenever he sees fit to play him. Dropping a player who had been out of the picture for over 2 months from the entire squad after his first game back, was, regardless of performance, wholly unjust IMO. Particularly so when that player is the club captain and already lacking confidence. Brilliant man management that.

You'll disagree with this, which is fair enough. But in reference to one of your points on another board recently, while it may come as something of a surprise, no I am not at the wind up or a Jambo, just someone who still has a fair bit of belief in a player who is unfortunately given more vilification than support.

Hibercelona
01-01-2011, 09:05 PM

Thats all

If Colin sticks with this lot, you can be sure that it will be down to the board.

They seem to have a knack of cutting costs while using a manager as a scapegoat.

matty_f
01-01-2011, 09:10 PM
If Colin sticks with this lot, you can be sure that it will be down to the board.

They seem to have a knack of cutting costs while using a manager as a scapegoat.

What costs have they cut that they've blamed the manager for?

Kaiser1962
02-01-2011, 09:37 AM
What costs have they cut that they've blamed the manager for?

Exactly. I believe that some people must have a very low opinion of our manager's self-esteem if they think for one second they would tolerate players being sold against their wishes. Most are wealthy men in their own right following successful playing careers (including Calderwood) so why would he risk his reputation in the game, which is not that of some sort of pussy or yes-man, to have his supposedly "better" players sold against his wishes?

PapillonVert
02-01-2011, 09:41 AM
He's probably regretting getting the gig now that he's realised the total dross he has to work with. Will have 'phoned his agent and said:

"I'm a football manager - get me out of here!".

PaulSmith
02-01-2011, 09:47 AM
"We've got a couple of days off now and they deserve it"

Is this guy for real?

Kaiser1962
02-01-2011, 09:47 AM
He's probably regretting getting the gig now that he's realised the total dross he has to work with. Will have 'phoned his agent and said:

If Calderwood had wanted Bamba to stay and Petrie, as alledged, has sold him and basically told him tough luck, then Calderwood would have walked seconds after that conversation, and rightly so.

Cropley10
02-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Please, could you change the bleeding record and give him a break for once. Were you not calling someone else into question only earlier on today for slagging off Nish, yet you persist week in week out with your usual tirade aimed at Hogg and Rankin in particular.

He gave him one game prior to last Saturday - his first in charge at Pittodrie - before dropping him straight away whist players who had disgraced themselves far more so retained their places, most prominently Sol Bamba who had been the worst player on the pitch that day. And he was played at Right Back, which Chris himself will freely admit is not his position.

As regards why he was finally given only his second start under Calderwood against Aberdeen again last week, I should bloody well think so. The manager had yet to give him a sniff of a run out in his proper position after that first game. Yes, he had a nightmare. Who hasn't over the past year? It generally doesn't help said player either when his team's own crowd continually give him hell. Whether you or others rate him or not, the manager has to have the opportunity to cast an eye over all of his players, including Chris Hogg. And ideally, the best way for that player to prove to his latest manager what he is capable of is by giving him a run of games, even a little two or three in succession if needs be, not the odd game whenever he sees fit to play him. Dropping a player who had been out of the picture for over 2 months from the entire squad after his first game back, was, regardless of performance, wholly unjust IMO. Particularly so when that player is the club captain and already lacking confidence. Brilliant man management that.

You'll disagree with this, which is fair enough. But in reference to one of your points on another board recently, while it may come as something of a surprise, no I am not at the wind up or a Jambo, just someone who still has a fair bit of belief in one of our players.

I don't think Hibernian are in any sort of position to try and give Hogg a run of games to get his confidence back.

He's murder and has been since Jones left. His time is up and I think he will have to drop down a long way to find another Club.

euro Hibby
02-01-2011, 10:05 AM
I remember when Aregulator posted that he did not fancy CC and that was day one. Now we have more fans working up a steam against our new manager who is probably doing the best he can with a bad lot. I think we will only see if CC has some talent this January when he gets his first chance to bring some new players in and when we see who is kept and who goes. Until then I don-t think we can begin to judge him. Everyone said Mixu was no manager but look at him now !

Yesterday was tough to watch. I think this season is just about surviving and trying to get some direction. Hibs might have looked OK on paper at the start of the season but the reality is that on the playing side we are well short of the minimum needed. Nice stadia, balanced accounting but terrible end product

Hibees07
02-01-2011, 10:24 AM
There are number of comments on this thread regarding the quality of player that CC has at his disposal and the fact that he can only P with the C he is given. Yes to an extent that is correct and the transfer window will now give him an opportunity to change things for the better, we will just have to wait and see what happens.

However it must also be said that any manager worth his salt would be able to work with the resources he has and improve them as individuals and as a team. I have to say that I am extremely dissapointed that there appears to be no improvement whatsoever, infact we may be even worse.

Whilst individual errors have cost us dearly over the past few games I cannot understand the continually shuffling of the pack and the apparent philosophy that bringing players completely out from the cold will improve the team on a one game basis.

What & where are our tactics and formation, it seems to change from week to week, surely consistancy would have been the best approach considering the shambolic position we were in.

On a personal basis I find CC totally uninspiring and I just wonder what he is like with the players.

A number of people mention his CV and that it proves he is a good manager, well John Hughes & Mixu can also boast about thier CV's and depending on which way you look at it they could also be considered good managers.

I hope CC does turn it around and I will support him until it reaches the point that I realise there has been no significant improvement.

KenN
02-01-2011, 10:30 AM
I have huge concerns over CC and that is mostly due to the serious lack of change in the motivation amongst the players. I can't recall when a team didn't play better (even for one game) when they got a new manager. It just hasn't happend since CC took over and I find that very strange. Is it the squad he has inherited ? I don't think it can all be down to that.
Why change the team around so much ? I appreciate that he will have to try different players and different formations but after what is a resonable time he must have made his mind up about some if not all the players.
I am totally frustrated, like many people, I don't write on here often but have to get this off my chest as it has been bugging me for weeks !!!! Deep breath, deep breath !!!!
I'm just not convinced with CC and I honestly hope I am wrong. I just want us to improve, to see some light , some progression, some fight, but so far nothing.
I'm ranting now so time for me to shut up !
Sorry folks, I had to get this out and off my chest !!!

Here's hpoing something happens very soon.

Happy New Year to all of you.

Cheers

Big Ed
02-01-2011, 10:33 AM
I hope CC does turn it around and I will support him until it reaches the point that I realise there has been no significant improvement.

Judging by the tone of the rest of your post, I wonder how long that will be. Tomorrow or next week maybe?

hibsbollah
02-01-2011, 10:35 AM
I cannot understand the continually shuffling of the pack and the apparent philosophy that bringing players completely out from the cold will improve the team on a one game basis.

I have no problem with him doing that. He wants to see how players react to real-life game situations, you cant always tell from the training pitch. Shuffling and bringing in Stevenson and Thicot has given him something else to think about i'd imagine. With Yogi and Mixu you knew what subs were going to be picked, who would come on for who and how many minutes left he'd bring them on. It was all totally predictable.

Folk were screaming about bringing Zemmama on at the derby. I wanted to see him as well, but Calderwood is probably thinking about the next few months coming up and didnt want to risk him.

If Calderwood is thinking about the long term then thats good news as far as im concerned.

Hibees07
02-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Judging by the tone of the rest of your post, I wonder how long that will be. Tomorrow or next week maybe?

I think the transfer window will give a good judgement of where we are headed. I would guess by the end of February we will either be watching an improved team or the same old pish. I think thats being reasonable. :agree:

hibsbollah
02-01-2011, 10:40 AM
I think the transfer window will give a good judgement of where we are headed. I would guess by the end of February we will either be watching an improved team or the same old pish. I think thats being reasonable. :agree:

Away to Hamilton in a fortnight, that'll tell us where we're headed:paranoid:

Cropley10
02-01-2011, 10:43 AM
I remember when Aregulator posted that he did not fancy CC and that was day one. Now we have more fans working up a steam against our new manager who is probably doing the best he can with a bad lot. I think we will only see if CC has some talent this January when he gets his first chance to bring some new players in and when we see who is kept and who goes.

But, what if we don't bring in any players?

CC said in his post-match not to expect any major changes...

There are number of comments on this thread regarding the quality of player that CC has at his disposal and the fact that he can only P with the C he is given. Yes to an extent that is correct and the transfer window will now give him an opportunity to change things for the better, we will just have to wait and see what happens.

However it must also be said that any manager worth his salt would be able to work with the resources he has and improve them as individuals and as a team. I have to say that I am extremely dissapointed that there appears to be no improvement whatsoever, infact we may be even worse.

Whilst individual errors have cost us dearly over the past few games I cannot understand the continually shuffling of the pack and the apparent philosophy that bringing players completely out from the cold will improve the team on a one game basis.

What & where are our tactics and formation, it seems to change from week to week, surely consistancy would have been the best approach considering the shambolic position we were in.

On a personal basis I find CC totally uninspiring and I just wonder what he is like with the players.

A number of people mention his CV and that it proves he is a good manager, well John Hughes & Mixu can also boast about thier CV's and depending on which way you look at it they could also be considered good managers.

Look at the difference Pa Broon has made at Eberdeen! 3 straight wins - they're a side who looked bereft a few weeks ago. On paper they're no better or worse than us - but they've found a way to win.

We've just sold one of our best players for a cool £250k. He was our best CH, albeit erratic. We have no obvious replacement, but it's obvious we NEED a big no nonsense CH.

This is the problem with Hibs and has been for a while - we sell good players and carry on without them or anyone remotely like them coming in.

Thing is there is now literally no-one left to sell, so something's going to have to change. I don't expect anyone to come in. This is it - plus some loan returnees for the rest of the season IMHO.

Expecting Rain
02-01-2011, 10:51 AM
The reaction to CC`S managerial potential at ER is over the top in my opinion, he`s had to shuffle the team around in a very short space of time to find things out and that is not an ideal situation, we lost to a Hearts team that are doing very well at the moment and not long had Celtic pinned back in their own half for long periods.
The facts are we`ve probably got half a team at the present time and a very poor squad it seems, no manager would dramatically improve us and certainly not in the percieved Hibernian style, it is one step at a time and painful as it is, we need to focus on getting away from the bottom with results, for me our worst moments were the defeats by Aberdeen home and away and at Inverness followed closely by a turgid draw against St Johnstone.
The loss of Bamba would have been more a loss in central midfield, let`s be honest he can be very good and very bad in the same game at centre half.
The positives are few but the return of Zemmama and Duffy supplemented by one or two loan signings could buy us a bit more time in our bid to get back on the tracks.
The manager irrespective of opinions has inherited this squad and the contractual issues from previous unsuccessful regimes, give the guy a chance, let him try to prove his worth on his own terms.

At The Edge
02-01-2011, 10:56 AM
This is taken from the BBC

'Hibernian boss Colin Calderwood will be given money to spend in the current transfer window following defender Sol Bamba's move to Leicester'. (Various)

I do think we'll see 1 or 2 players coming in to boost what he already has with Byrne and Booth back plus the return of full fitness of Duffy and Zouma

A strong, creative midfielder and Central Defender is what i reckon we need.

will we see a different Miller playing when Zouma is back playing regular?

Expecting Rain
02-01-2011, 10:59 AM
This is taken from the BBC

'Hibernian boss Colin Calderwood will be given money to spend in the current transfer window following defender Sol Bamba's move to Leicester'. (Various)

I do think we'll see 1 or 2 players coming in to boost what he already has with Byrne and Booth back plus the return of full fitness of Duffy and Zouma

A strong, creative midfielder and Central Defender is what i reckon we need.

will we see a different Miller playing when Zouma is back playing regular?

And a strong centre forward would be nice.:agree:

cad
02-01-2011, 11:08 AM

Someone said to me last night its like Rod would rather pay off the manager and all that gos with it keep the power and not invest in the playing side just because its cheaper and the wheel gos round .

Hibees07
02-01-2011, 11:16 AM
I have no problem with him doing that. He wants to see how players react to real-life game situations, you cant always tell from the training pitch. Shuffling and bringing in Stevenson and Thicot has given him something else to think about i'd imagine. With Yogi and Mixu you knew what subs were going to be picked, who would come on for who and how many minutes left he'd bring them on. It was all totally predictable.

Folk were screaming about bringing Zemmama on at the derby. I wanted to see him as well, but Calderwood is probably thinking about the next few months coming up and didnt want to risk him.

If Calderwood is thinking about the long term then thats good news as far as im concerned.

I can see your point of view, but changing 4 or 5 players per game along with a number of positional changes will not achieve any consistancy.

bighairyfaeleith
02-01-2011, 11:24 AM
[QUOTE He can take that wage thief De Graaf with him in all...you just don't equate Dutch players with having such a poor technique.

Why would a dutch player with any real class and ability come to Scotland - sorry folks the above quote says it all.[/QUOTE]

Van Brockhurst:confused:

Give CC some time and lets see what happens, christ he hasn't even had a transfer window yet and people want him out.

I'll start to make judgements after the summer, by then we should be able to see the shape of his team properly.

Sprouleflyer
02-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I have huge concerns over CC and that is mostly due to the serious lack of change in the motivation amongst the players. I can't recall when a team didn't play better (even for one game) when they got a new manager. It just hasn't happend since CC took over and I find that very strange. Is it the squad he has inherited ? I don't think it can all be down to that.
Why change the team around so much ? I appreciate that he will have to try different players and different formations but after what is a resonable time he must have made his mind up about some if not all the players.
I am totally frustrated, like many people, I don't write on here often but have to get this off my chest as it has been bugging me for weeks !!!! Deep breath, deep breath !!!!
I'm just not convinced with CC and I honestly hope I am wrong. I just want us to improve, to see some light , some progression, some fight, but so far nothing.
I'm ranting now so time for me to shut up !
Sorry folks, I had to get this out and off my chest !!!

Here's hpoing something happens very soon.

Happy New Year to all of you.

Cheers

You summed up my feelings pretty well in your post.

At this moment, I have no confidence in CC.

I really, really hope I am wrong!

ac1
02-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Just listened to Colin Calderwood's interview on BBC and I am fully behind him. I think he knows the problems are deep at Easter Road and I am sure he is going to change them.

I am hoping the board back him in the transfer window and we can start judging him with his signings and not the team that Yogi left.

I find myself agreeing with most of what he says in any interviews and I think we need to give him some time to get things right.

Albion Hibs
02-01-2011, 11:50 AM

I think our defense looked better without Bamba today, especially as I cant recall that back four ever playing together before. If Dickoh can cut out the bad decisions then I think that would be my favoured back four.

Agree to an extent. Zouma and duffy are both proven at the level, we have been missing an attacking side since the begining of the season so these two coming back will be key, it will hopefully also bring more out of Wotherspoon and Galbraith. As for the rest I think we will just have to wait and see.

Westie1875
02-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I am astonished at the number of people jumping on the managers back already.

Yogi left this club in a mess with a shambles of an unfit and unbalanced playing squad, most with a poor attitude to boot. The time to judge CC is when he has had a chance to bring in some of his own players.

skipster7
02-01-2011, 12:01 PM

agree about zemmama,he probably wouldn't have played against utd if we hadn't been desperate.couldn't take right wing corners as he said his thigh was still sore which is why deek told him to fluck off when we had the free kick:faf:.i was surprised he was even on the bench yesterday.

Golden Bear
02-01-2011, 12:02 PM
I am astonished at the number of people jumping on the managers back already.

Yogi left this club in a mess with a shambles of an unfit and unbalanced playing squad, most with a poor attitude to boot. The time to judge CC is when he has had a chance to bring in some of his own players.

100% correct.

Big Ed
02-01-2011, 12:04 PM

Fair dos.

WhileTheChief..
02-01-2011, 12:18 PM
We seem to be relying heavily upon things happening in the transfer window.

Do we really expect signings of the quality of Riordan or Stokes??

I was delighted with CC's appointment but now have serious doubts. A manager's ability is not just down to who he signs - what happened to tactics, formations etc? There has certainly been no improvment since Yogi left.

I know he's not had much time but how much time does he get? If things continue as they are and we are in serious trouble come the split do we just keep going or make the change?

My worry is that way too many people, the board included, don't think relegation is a possibility. I think it's staring us in the face.

We could find ourselves out the cup and bottom of the league by the end of the month. Yogi was sacked for less.

Killiehibbie
02-01-2011, 12:34 PM
We can't keep changing managers.

CC has more on his CV than Collins, Mixu and Yogi put together. He did not give up a No2 job in the EPL to fail in the SPL.

He has to work with what he inherited - and the recent consensus on here is that is a poor legacy.

He selected 20 players in the three games played this week and changed the formation each time. He is evidently trying to figure out how to get the best out of a squad which collectively lacks fight, guile and leadership.

I do hope he is able to bring in new faces in January and put his own stamp on things. I can't see any real alternative way forward.I hope he proves to be a good manager but it doesn't look likely so far and if he stayed at Newcastle would be looking for a job now.

smurf
02-01-2011, 01:07 PM
One thing is for sure and that's if our board have yet again got the appointment wrong they will take absolutely no responsibility.

LancashireHibby
02-01-2011, 01:09 PM
We seem to be relying heavily upon things happening in the transfer window.

Do we really expect signings of the quality of Riordan or Stokes??

We don't need a top quality player as such, just someone with a bit more application than the current lot. On their day, Riordan and Stokes etc are miles better than, say, Kevin Kyle, but I don't think there'd be many of us turning down a player like that on yesterday's evidence.

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 01:28 PM
One thing is for sure and that's if our board have yet again got the appointment wrong they will take absolutely no responsibility.
I would imagine that the game-plan is that were we to be relegated this season CC would walk without compensation and Adams would step into the management hot-seat for our next 'great adventure'.

Further possible contingency planning in the appointment of DA.

Dinkydoo
02-01-2011, 01:28 PM
But, what if we don't bring in any players?

CC said in his post-match not to expect any major changes...

[B]Look at the difference Pa Broon has made at Eberdeen! 3 straight wins - they're a side who looked bereft a few weeks ago. On paper they're no better or worse than us - but they've found a way to win.

We've just sold one of our best players for a cool £250k. He was our best CH, albeit erratic. We have no obvious replacement, but it's obvious we NEED a big no nonsense CH.

This is the problem with Hibs and has been for a while - we sell good players and carry on without them or anyone remotely like them coming in.

Thing is there is now literally no-one left to sell, so something's going to have to change. I don't expect anyone to come in. This is it - plus some loan returnees for the rest of the season IMHO.

Bit in bold:

Do you not think that the Aberdeen players perhaps care enough to try hard and impress the new manager where ours simply don't.............

If our "support" continues down the way it's headed then I'm going to be logging on here some time in the next year to find that CC has left by "mutual" consent and people have started a thread to get all teary about the manager leaving.

Deja vu?

matty_f
02-01-2011, 01:29 PM
What do you want them to do, smurf?

They can only appoint from the people who apply or are interested. Hibs is a good job, but not everyone will seed it that way. Outside of scotland nobody cares about scottish football. Quality managers are not lining up to take over-hate to break it to you. Even celtc have had to take a point on lennon, the yams went back for fjk, the huns back to smith.

Every managerial appointment is a shot in the dark to a degree. Mcghoo was great at motherwell but honking at the sheep. Mowbray great here and at west brom, rank at celtc, benitez won the champions league with liverpool, got sacked after 7 months with inter.

W youhen have a club the size of hibs, in a league like the one we are in, then it's going to be hit and miss with the managers.

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2011, 01:32 PM
What do you want them to do, smurf?

They can only appoint from the people who apply or are interested. Hibs is a good job, but not everyone will seed it that way. Outside of scotland nobody cares about scottish football. Quality managers are not lining up to take over-hate to break it to you. Even celtc have had to take a point on lennon, the yams went back for fjk, the huns back to smith.

Every managerial appointment is a shot in the dark to a degree. Mcghoo was great at motherwell but honking at the sheep. Mowbray great here and at west brom, rank at celtc, benitez won the champions league with liverpool, got sacked after 7 months with inter.

W youhen have a club the size of hibs, in a league like the one we are in, then it's going to be hit and miss with the managers.

I thought they said they had over 100 applicants? And the EEN said Scala was interested and that.

Kaiser1962
02-01-2011, 01:33 PM
I thought they said they had over 100 applicants? And the EEN said Scala was interested and that.

Would you have appointed Nevio Scala?

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Would you have appointed Nevio Scala?

Don't know. He might have been too dear. I'd have looked at all 100-odd applications and then decided.

matty_f
02-01-2011, 01:43 PM

Sure, but it didn't say the quality of the applicants, did it? Hibs would have been respectful about them. Isn't scala in for every job?

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Sure, but it didn't say the quality of the applicants, did it? Hibs would have been respectful about them. Isn't scala in for every job?

They said they were of a high calibre I think. Sounded quite boastful actually...

matty_f
02-01-2011, 01:47 PM
They said they were of a high calibre I think. Sounded quite boastful actually...

They would say that, they're not going to come out and say ' we have gone for colin, because frankly he was the best of a bad bunch, you should have seen the pish we've had to sift through.'.

Kaiser1962
02-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Don't know. He might have been too dear. I'd have looked at all 100-odd applications and then decided.

Well he applied for the Motherwell job as well but didnt get that either, so we wont know if he would have been any good or not. Has not worked seriously for years so I wouldnt think he would be that expensive. Who knows though:dunno:

Removed
02-01-2011, 01:48 PM
They would say that, they're not going to come out and say ' we have gone for colin, because frankly he was the best of a bad bunch, you should have seen the pish we've had to sift through.'.

:faf: probably true though

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 01:49 PM
What evidence do you have, Matty, for the generally low calibre of all 105 (I think it was) applicants for the post?

Shrekko
02-01-2011, 01:50 PM

The Italian Stuart Baxter :agree:

Kaiser1962
02-01-2011, 01:52 PM
What evidence do you have, Matty, for the generally low calibre of all 105 (I think it was) applicants for the post?

So I take it we have now completely written off Calderwood?

matty_f
02-01-2011, 01:52 PM

None, where did I say they were all low calibre?

We ended up with calderwood, I'm happy with that appointment and you would think that he was the best candidate out of everyone we could afford and that wad willing to come under the parameters that the club expect the manager to work within. Why would they do anything other than that?

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 02:10 PM
None, where did I say they were all low calibre?
I thought you were at least inferring same here:

in particular the part highlighted - and then here:

Therefore thought you would have some evidence for that assertion.

We ended up with calderwood, I'm happy with that appointment and you would think that he was the best candidate out of everyone we could afford and that wad willing to come under the parameters that the club expect the manager to work within. Why would they do anything other than that?
Indeed, why would they? Maybe its the parameters and constraints that are the issue? :dunno:

I haven't. Our transfer activity this month will be key.

I did, however, expect CC to get more of a response from the existing players than he has. That has been very disappointing. The only solace is that he himself recognises that and was honest enough to say so in a recent interview.

Cropley10
02-01-2011, 02:10 PM

:agree: There were 103 applicants. Calderwood previously overlooked in favour of Yogi. Pa Broon said he was approached this time round.

WindyMiller
02-01-2011, 02:15 PM

Is this guy for real?

The majority of them put in a hard shift yesterday, IMO.

matty_f
02-01-2011, 02:16 PM
I thought you were at least inferring same here:

in particular the part highlighted - and then hee:

Therefore thought you would have some evidence for that assertion.

Indeed, why would they? Maybe its the parameters and constraints that are the issue? :dunno:

I haven't. Our transfer activity this month will be key.

I did, however, expect CC to get more of a response from the existing players than he has. That has been very disappointing. The only solace is that he himself recognises that and was honest enough to say so in a recent interview.

I was inferring that the quality of manager that is realistically looking at hibs is at about the quality of manager we have been hiring, or lower.
The parameters may well be the issue but the constraints on the club are there for all to see, so again, with a pinch of reality if that eliminates some better candidates then we have to accept that.
As for my post with what the board were hardly going to say, I'd have credited you with the intelligence to spot that it was an extreme to make the point in a light-hearted way, so I think you're clutching a bit with that one.

Cropley10
02-01-2011, 02:20 PM

I think there is a section of Hibs support who fully recognize the position we are currently in; on field, in the dug-out and in the Boardroom.

I find it intriguing how you and a few others vociferously defend the status quo.

What is obvious is how poor our players are but also how we've had almost no reaction whatsoever to bringing in a new boss.

And like it or not there's only one, common denominator throughout.

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 02:23 PM
I was inferring that the quality of manager that is realistically looking at hibs is at about the quality of manager we have been hiring, or lower.
The parameters may well be the issue but the constraints on the club are there for all to see, so again, with a pinch of reality if that eliminates some better candidates then we have to accept that.
As for my post with what the board were hardly going to say, I'd have credited you with the intelligence to spot that it was an extreme to make the point in a light-hearted way, so I think you're clutching a bit with that one.
Matty, you have expressed a strongly held view on this thread.

You are well known for asking others for evidence to back up their strongly held views on this Board when those views don't necessarily align with your own. I felt therefore that you would have some basis for your argument other than a generally held view.

I'm quite surprised that you should be so apparently irritated by the question.
:wink:

Kaiser1962
02-01-2011, 02:31 PM
I strongly believe they are doing the best job they can and that, in the longer term, things will improve. While other keep apportioning blame there is no viable alternative being offered. If there was, and I thought it was best for Hibs, I would support it wholeheartedly but, as pointed out on another thread, three trophies in fifty years hardly suggests that this is a blip.

I think there is a section of Hibs support who fully recognize the position we are currently in; on field, in the dug-out and in the Boardroom.

I find it intriguing how you and a few others vociferously defend the status quo.

What is obvious is how poor our players are but also how we've had almost no reaction whatsoever to bringing in a new boss.

And like it or not there's only one, common denominator throughout.

Wembley67
02-01-2011, 02:34 PM

Would back up what I said about Adams being brought in as a 'no 2'.

matty_f
02-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Matty, you have expressed a strongly held view on this thread.

You are well known for asking others for evidence to back up their strongly held views on this Board when those views don't necessarily align with your own. I felt therefore that you would have some basis for your argument other than a generally held view.

I'm quite surprised that you should be so apparently irritated by the question.
:wink:
I didn't realise I was well known for anything other than talking pish, to be honest.

If we had a much higher calibre of manager available and willing to come to us, they'd be in charge. the people that run the club aren't idiots, they're not going to try and make us less successful than we could be, why on earth would they do that?

people are always saying all petrie cares about is money, well the best way to make money is to have a successful side on the park. Getting the best manager within what the club can afford is absolutely fundamental to getting that right, why would they do anything other than that?

Cropley10
02-01-2011, 02:59 PM
I strongly believe they are doing the best job they can and that, in the longer term, things will improve. While other keep apportioning blame there is no viable alternative being offered. If there was, and I thought it was best for Hibs, I would support it wholeheartedly but, as pointed out on another thread, three trophies in fifty years hardly suggests that this is a blip.

Would you agree that there must be 10 other Clubs in this Division who hope we continue with the status quo?

I mean we were 18 points ahead of Hertz a year ago now we're 23 points behind.

But if we give it time it will get better. We say that every single year.

Oh and those trophies you refer to, they're not real trophies are they??

SaulGoodman
02-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Give CC a chance ffs. I know we're in a bad spot right now but changing Managers all the time is not the way to go about it.

Look at Alex Ferguson, one game away from getting the sack and look at Man Utd now. Not saying CC will be the next Sir Alex but you get my drift :greengrin:

matty_f
02-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Would you agree that there must be 10 other Clubs in this Division who hope we continue with the status quo?

I mean we were 18 points ahead of Hertz a year ago now we're 23 points behind.

But if we give it time it will get better. We say that every single year.

Oh and those trophies you refer to, they're not real trophies are they??

what do you mean when you say they are not real trophies?

We never maintained the status quo, we changed the manager. I do advocate giving him longer than the few months he has been here, though.

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 03:34 PM
I didn't realise I was well known for anything other than talking pish, to be honest.

:greengrin There is that too, to be fair.

matty_f
02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
:greengrin There is that too, to be fair.

Prove it! :greengrin

hibsbollah
02-01-2011, 03:56 PM
agree about zemmama,he probably wouldn't have played against utd if we hadn't been desperate.couldn't take right wing corners as he said his thigh was still sore which is why deek told him to fluck off when we had the free kick:faf:.i was surprised he was even on the bench yesterday.

Probably CC just wanted to keep the Jambos honest (now theres a contradiction in terms:greengrin)

Zemmama's fitness is absolutely crucial to us getting out of the mess we're in between now and May. I'm happy with Calderwood being extra-cautious with the wee man, and only bring him in when he's sure he's ready.

hibsbollah
02-01-2011, 04:01 PM

Is this guy for real?

Its a fair enough comment IMO. The players put it in a good shift and showed plenty of commitment. I would go as far as to say they looked fired up, I dunno if CC was responsible for that but somebody/something was.

Its not 'workrate' or 'passion' thats the problem with our squad, its lack of quality.

matty_f
02-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Its a fair enough comment IMO. The players put it in a good shift and showed plenty of commitment. I would go as far as to say they looked fired up, I dunno if CC was responsible for that but somebody/something was.

Its not 'workrate' or 'passion' thats the problem with our squad, its lack of quality.

Totally agree.

Cropley10
02-01-2011, 04:06 PM
what do you mean when you say they are not real trophies?

We never maintained the status quo, we changed the manager. I do advocate giving him longer than the few months he has been here, though.

I think it's highly disingenuous to start quoting a trophy haul over 40 years and comparing it to the present. We've all been told that the Board's strategy will reap dividends on the pitch, at some point. IMHO football - all sport is about looking FORWARDS not looking back, the past is history and all that.

So if we've had to take our medicine with regards to selling our best players, then selling any half decent player someone else wants, as the means would justify the end.

Currently though I think the whole Club, top to bottom seems to be demonstrating that this strategy is failing. This is what I meant by the status quo: Petrie and financial accounting - posting a profit, selling everything worth anything etc.

Selling good players without any replacement is something we do all the time. Claiming we're big payers or pay as much as anyone else (outside the OF & Hertz) doesn't really matter if the players who we are paying these wages aren't good enough...

I've been led to believe that good times were round the corner, I just can't see it happening and it hurts.

BEEJ
02-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Prove it! :greengrin
The prosecution wishes to admit as evidence the avatar of the accused.

However, given this clear admission of guilt, sentencing should be lenient. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
02-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I think it's highly disingenuous to start quoting a trophy haul over 40 years and comparing it to the present. We've all been told that the Board's strategy will reap dividends on the pitch, at some point. IMHO football - all sport is about looking FORWARDS not looking back, the past is history and all that.

So if we've had to take our medicine with regards to selling our best players, then selling any half decent player someone else wants, as the means would justify the end.

Currently though I think the whole Club, top to bottom seems to be demonstrating that this strategy is failing. This is what I meant by the status quo: Petrie and financial accounting - posting a profit, selling everything worth anything etc.

Selling good players without any replacement is something we do all the time. Claiming we're big payers or pay as much as anyone else (outside the OF & Hertz) doesn't really matter if the players who we are paying these wages aren't good enough...

I've been led to believe that good times were round the corner, I just can't see it happening and it hurts.

This is where we differ. It is quoted on here that we sell anything thats worth selling like its us who actually initiate the sale. How many of those players, the so called golden generation, begged to stay? I would have loved to replace Jones with Vidic or Fletcher with Drogba but thats not going to happen.

Cropley10
02-01-2011, 06:33 PM
This is where we differ. It is quoted on here that we sell anything thats worth selling like its us who actually initiate the sale. How many of those players, the so called golden generation, begged to stay? I would have loved to replace Jones with Vidic or Fletcher with Drogba but thats not going to happen.

So if we sell Jones we have to buy Vidic? Is that your argument? So there's no-one between Jones and Vidic or Fletcher and Drogba who we could or should sign?

If that is your argument would you admit it's a really suspect one?

I have no problem with selling anyone but when you see the product on the park continually diminished if you have to question what the point of it all.

The Boards ambition is to post a profit.

We have proved you can't sell quality and replace it with dross and expect there not to be a consequence.

IWasThere2016
02-01-2011, 06:41 PM
The prosecution wishes to admit as evidence the avatar of the accused.

However, given this clear admission of guilt, sentencing should be lenient. :greengrin

Sure the jury will be return a majority verdict of pish as charged :agree: in record time :greengrin

In today's society we are too lenient - witness Ford prison incidents yesterday - and Matty has committed heinous crimes against good sense and I'm for life personally! :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2011, 07:15 PM
So if we sell Jones we have to buy Vidic? Is that your argument? So there's no-one between Jones and Vidic or Fletcher and Drogba who we could or should sign?

I have no problem with selling anyone but when you see the product on the park continually diminished if you have to question what the point of it all.

We have proved you can't sell quality and replace it with dross and expect there not to be a consequence.

It's the same argument as if we spend more money we'll end up like Livingston/Dundee/Gretna. It seems like there's no in between in this argument.

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2011, 07:16 PM

Didn't need to comment at all though. That's what they normally do.

Kaiser1962
02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
It is surely any boards ambition to post a profit, failure to do so, in any other business than football would result in that business closing.

We cant hold players against their wishes and the reason they move is we can no longer afford them.

So who should Calderwood be signing then?

mjhibby
02-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Bit in bold:

Do you not think that the Aberdeen players perhaps care enough to try hard and impress the new manager where ours simply don't.............

If our "support" continues down the way it's headed then I'm going to be logging on here some time in the next year to find that CC has left by "mutual" consent and people have started a thread to get all teary about the manager leaving.

Deja vu?

Given ccs previous track record i think its safe to assume either the players arent capable enough or arent bothered as so many are out of contract.Its scandalous that cc or any other manager for that matter is put in this position that virtually the whole squad is out of contract.Add to that we have lost stokes and now bamba from a team that has been on a horrendous run for a year now its obvious that maybe any new manager was going to struggle .We have so many deficiences in the team(i rb, no recognised lb,one decent ch,no settled midfield)Its only going to change if either duffy and zooma make a big difference or we get at least three good signings in or otherwise it will be a grim second half of the season.
Its up to petrie and cc but with no signings the crowds will go down and while im naive enough to think we will pull away from the bottom the gloom at er will stay.I think the selling of bamba and possible sale of others does suggest signings will be made so lets be optimistic this will happen although the summer is where the big clearout/players in will happen.