PDA

View Full Version : Petrie or Farmer

sambajustice
01-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Someone has to be held accountable and the buck has to stop at the top, so it either has to be Petrie or Farmer...

who's responsible??

we are serious relegation candidates!

Cropley10
01-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Someone has to be held accountable and the buck has to stop at the top, so it either has to be Petrie or Farmer...

who's responsible??

It can't be STF.

The_Todd
01-01-2011, 01:42 PM
We're mired at the wrong end of the table, but I doubt it's because the board is too tight with money. Do you think we spend less than ICT, Motherwell, St Johnstone? I don't think so.

It's down to the management and players.

Lang Toun Hibs
01-01-2011, 01:46 PM
The players....and to a certain extent, us. In my opinion it's certainly not Petrie or farmer.

Cropley10
01-01-2011, 01:52 PM
We're mired at the wrong end of the table, but I doubt it's because the board is too tight with money. Do you think we spend less than ICT, Motherwell, St Johnstone? I don't think so.

Who signs these managers? Who signed a succession of inexperienced managers, sold all our talent and replaced them with what we have now?

The players are ultimately to blame but you need to look further up the tree, there is only ONE common denominator...

heretoday
01-01-2011, 01:52 PM
The players....and to a certain extent, us. In my opinion it's certainly not Petrie or farmer.

Correct. "Who's to blame?" is always the cry.

Are we gonna sack Petrie or Farmer? No we're not.

Get some decent sorts in January window and things will improve.

sesoim
01-01-2011, 02:19 PM
STF had done nothing wrong.

Petrie on the other hand, can't do the most important thing a chairman can do - appoint the right managers.

People should also stop praising Petrie for the financial side of things. If it wasn't for that group of youngsters that we sold, where the hell would we be now? Clearing that £14.5M debt was more down to selling car parks and selling players than any financial genius from Petrie. It was more down to simple common sense financial management.

If Petrie was good at appointing mamagers, we would have nothing to moan about - we'd be up in 3rd/4th every season. That is where the problem lies.

sesoim
01-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Who signs these managers? Who signed a succession of inexperienced managers, sold all our talent and replaced them with what we have now?

The players are ultimately to blame but you need to look further up the tree, there is only ONE common denominator...

That's the thing, Collins and Mixu would have probably done well here IF they had been more experienced. Collins hadn't managed anybody before he came here, so what exactly was Petrie expecting? Hughes sonly got appointed because he was an ex-Hibby and some fans worshipped him for some mad reason.

As for CC, nobody liked him in England, his record was at best mediocre, so why did we appoint him exactly? Or does every chairman think if you used to play for Scotland you must be a decent manager?

Kaiser1962
01-01-2011, 02:23 PM
This thread is pish

Hibercelona
01-01-2011, 02:27 PM
The problem quite clearly lies with the scouting staff. I don't know who else could be held responsible. :dunno:

SloopJB
01-01-2011, 02:31 PM
I feel some blame should be attached to the opposition for playing better than us.
They should get sacked too.

Malthibby
01-01-2011, 02:34 PM
The pain is horrendous, but blaming is pointless. Let's see who we bring in during the transfer window, then we can judge Calderwood. We all know some of the players aren't good enough, so does he.
GG

Criswell
01-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Farmer must take some of the blame. he is supposed to own the club yet shows no leadership whatsoever. He and has allowed a culture of under-achievement and low expectation to permeate the whole club. I don't care if he isn't interested in football, the fact is he is involved in it and it's about time he faced up to his responsibilities or else get out.

Kaiser1962
01-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Farmer must take some of the blame. he is supposed to own the club yet shows no leadership whatsoever. He and has allowed a culture of under-achievement and low expectation to permeate the whole club. I don't care if he isn't interested in football, the fact is he is involved in it and it's about time he faced up to his responsibilities or else get out.

He didnt even want to get in in the first place and would love to get out
As said earlier Farmer and Petrie are the only people with a significant financial stake in Hibs and unless someone comes up with the readies, or persuades STF to step aside with a sensible, well funded and well thought out plan, then they will still be there for a while yet.

Cropley10
01-01-2011, 07:19 PM
As said earlier Farmer and Petrie are the only people with a significant financial stake in Hibs and unless someone comes up with the readies, or persuades STF to step aside with a sensible, well funded and well thought out plan, then they will still be there for a while yet.

Thank goodness for that then!

You must be delighted with that, no?

fatbloke
01-01-2011, 07:20 PM

What financial stake does RP have?

The_Todd
01-01-2011, 07:21 PM

10% I thought.

Albion Hibs
01-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Maybe we as fans need to be accountable.

We scream for a new manager everytime something goes against us. We end up with a succession of players that were brought in by a manager with a view which never gets completed.

STF and Rod are not accoutable to anyone. This seems very similar to a thread that was started yesterday looking to point the finger at someone.

Kaiser1962
01-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Thank goodness for that then!

You must be delighted with that, no?

I cant see anyone better on the horizon Cropley10. If there someone with some spare millions to throw at us I would be delighted.

Bad Martini
01-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Who's to blame for getting the BASIC/SIMPLE/RUDIMENTARY stuff wrong? The lazy, work shy, good for nothing players who have made a tit of us and stolen wages under the pretence of being fitba players. Simple things like man marking, clearing balls and all the ***** we take for granted from PROFESSIONAL players...some of them couldnae pass wind or cross their *****g legs.

Its NOT them all but some of our "players" need a boot up the arse or better still, shown the ****ing door. Simples...

ScottB
01-01-2011, 07:59 PM

That's an incredibly simplistic and black and white way of looking at it.

Mixu had experience in the lower levels here and the Finish top flight, at least 2-3 seasons? Didn't he get the Fins into Europe / manage them in Europe? In any case it wasn't his first dance at the fair when he got to us.

Collins, yes, his first job, but he had all the top level coaching badges. Mowbray had no experience and he worked out.

Hughes, ah the great, ridiculous myth that sees him described as inexperienced, how many years was he in charge at Falkirk? He was not inexperienced.

As for selling our talent, what other option do we have? Does anybody think that Brown, Thomson, Whittaker, Fletcher, Bamba and co were dragged kicking and screaming out of the door against their wills? They all wanted out, we got good money for the vast majority of the good players we've lost. There's not much else we can do.

Sure, their replacements haven't always been good enough, but the club HAD to get its debt under control, debt partly run up during the last time Petrie loosened the purse strings under Mcleish, that was a heady time of cup wins and league challenging wasn't it? Oh wait, no it wasn't.

More money means the square root of f all as a guarantee for better players. The thing to question is, why do our scouts miss the gems other clubs find, and why despite several manager changes are our players generally unfit, lacking in the basics and disinterested, that sounds like a coaching issue to me.

But hey, why search for the difficult answers when we can blame Petrie and Farmer, and no doubt CC himself within a couple of weeks.

IberianHibernian
01-01-2011, 08:05 PM
When onfield results are going well there are loads of threads here praising RP at times like now the opposite which is only natural . Changing managers every 6 months with all the compensation and then signing "their own players " ( usually change for the sake of change - in other European countries managers have little say in signings anyway and I suspect with Hibs it`s much the same anyway ) is an expensive business . Board have to accept responsibility if managerial appointments ( not just name but also duration of contract - in modern game why give likes of CC such a long contract for example ? ) don`t work out . It`s little consolation for us Hibbies , but there are thousands ( millions ? ) of supporters of other clubs all over the world questioning the boards of their clubs . Then there are a few clubs like Hearts whose supporters don`t know what`s going to happen with their club in next year or so - in what division and what ground they`ll play etc. Of above comments on this thread the one about lack of ambition is one that sticks out and I couldn`t agree more - could more not be done to lift profile of our club and so raise support and have chance of improving on and off field ?

smurf
02-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Buck doesn't stop at the top of Hibs just Bucks...

Phil D. Rolls
02-01-2011, 12:09 PM

who's responsible??

I'm sure there are other threads discussing who is to blame, why the need for this one?

Phil D. Rolls
02-01-2011, 12:17 PM
STF had done nothing wrong.

Petrie on the other hand, can't do the most important thing a chairman can do - appoint the right managers.

People should also stop praising Petrie for the financial side of things. If it wasn't for that group of youngsters that we sold, where the hell would we be now? Clearing that £14.5M debt was more down to selling car parks and selling players than any financial genius from Petrie. It was more down to simple common sense financial management.

If Petrie was good at appointing mamagers, we would have nothing to moan about - we'd be up in 3rd/4th every season. That is where the problem lies.

You should really think before you type, or is it just the case that anything the board does right is down to luck?

Another board might not have set the scene so that young players could develop. They might have panicked and raised half the money that Petrie did. They might have sold the car park and blown the money on players like Kingston or Nade.

Our board didn't. They used common sense and a bit of business sense to look after the money properly and build a club for the future, plus winning the League Cup on the way.

However, things have gone a bit awry in the last 12 months. That doesn't make the rest of the things they have done less valid. Looking at Hibs over 10 years, you'd have to say they've got more things right than wrong, and are likely to follow that pattern in future.

I can understand your disappointment that we haven't won the league or made better progress in Europe during that time. Realistically, who has?

Beefster
02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
That's the thing, Collins and Mixu would have probably done well here IF they had been more experienced. Collins hadn't managed anybody before he came here, so what exactly was Petrie expecting? Hughes sonly got appointed because he was an ex-Hibby and some fans worshipped him for some mad reason.

As for CC, nobody liked him in England, his record was at best mediocre, so why did we appoint him exactly? Or does every chairman think if you used to play for Scotland you must be a decent manager?

Can you justify that?

essexhibee
02-01-2011, 05:46 PM

Exactly. Great post.

sahib
02-01-2011, 09:14 PM

Try and keep up man!

sahib
02-01-2011, 09:20 PM
You should really think before you type, or is it just the case that anything the board does right is down to luck?

Another board might not have set the scene so that young players could develop. They might have panicked and raised half the money that Petrie did. They might have sold the car park and blown the money on players like Kingston or Nade.

Our board didn't. They used common sense and a bit of business sense to look after the money properly and build a club for the future, plus winning the League Cup on the way.

However, things have gone a bit awry in the last 12 months. That doesn't make the rest of the things they have done less valid. Looking at Hibs over 10 years, you'd have to say they've got more things right than wrong, and are likely to follow that pattern in future.

I can understand your disappointment that we haven't won the league or made better progress in Europe during that time. Realistically, who has?

It was only dire financial need that saw them get regular games. Did we learn from that ? Well apparently not as Yogi and Mixu, with better budgets, hardly gave any youth a first team chance. So here we are with few real assets on the pitch and the car park gone and running up debt again. How can this be with the financial wizard in charge?

ScottB
02-01-2011, 11:35 PM
It was only dire financial need that saw them get regular games. Did we learn from that ? Well apparently not as Yogi and Mixu, with better budgets, hardly gave any youth a first team chance. So here we are with few real assets on the pitch and the car park gone and running up debt again. How can this be with the financial wizard in charge?

It was the only choice to make, after the last period of 'big spending' under McLeish contributed to our huge debts.

Which is of itself good evidence against the 'lets spend more so we can win' theorists, since we won squat under McLeish too.

SmokieJoe
03-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Seriously?

almost 1 full week in the job and CC said, and i'm sure there is a quote out there, he would bring bodies in, in Jan window. Petrie? the tache has guided us through some of the worst finantial times and made our stadium 3rd best in the SPL(any future focus is on the team budget wise) Farmer? the man bailled us out of the creek, we had NO paddle, and NO boat, not to mension no stadium and up to our ***** in dept( he could chuck us a few quid, but hardly one to blame.

Patience my young padewan, lets see where we are in March, if in 10th then hit the panic button, but i doubt it

greenginger
03-01-2011, 09:18 AM

who's responsible??

How about some of us fans who hounded out Mixu after about 15 months opening the door for Yogi to bring in the collection of losers that currently occupy the starting line-ups.

I think we are all partly responsible and need to get behind which ever team is picked regardless until we get out of this mess.