PDA

View Full Version : Top Five Tynie experiences

Rougier45
01-01-2011, 04:34 AM
MY personal 5 Tynie experiences

1 My first derby at Tynie Pat Stanton heads in 96th minute equalizer cue bottles from the jambos

2 Joe Mcbride scores 2 free kicks in last 10 minutes to draw 2-2 cue bottles from the jambos

3 Stevie archibald scores absolute pelte into bottom corner cue massive hibee celebrations----****in magic

4 Millenium derby Le God celebration running full-length of pitch to celebrate at the Roseburn end with the mad hibees faithful

5. millennium Derby --Kenny Miller slots in 3rd cue bedlam

Won't be there today --but watching from afar ---here,s to a safe derby day for everyone going and happy new years to all Hines wherever you are .

GGTTH:flag:

McHibby
01-01-2011, 04:48 AM
I've only had one and it wasn't even a derby - it was the CIS match against St Johnstone. I have to confess to being one of those petty types who won't give Hearts a penny which inevitably means not going to their stadium. And I'm not just saying this cos it's their ground, but what a sh*thole. It's made of WOOD FFS!!!!

Hopefully we can do the business today, I very much doubt it, but you never know :pray:

C'mon lads, bring in 2011 with a bang :flag:

Rougier45
01-01-2011, 05:06 AM
McHibby there is nothing sweeter than winning on enemy turf _must admit to lots of heartache there as well over the years

down-the-slope
01-01-2011, 08:15 AM
my memories are of big open Gorgie end with 9000+ Hibbies and all the banter with people hanging out the windows of flats in Gorgie Road who would be having parties in there and able to watch the game.....there is nothing to top beating them there :greengrin...but it used to feel a long cold walk back to town when we got stuffed....:rolleyes:

Lucius Apuleius
01-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Kinda with McHibby here. Not been since Mercer days as a matter of principle. However the one that always sticks in my mind was Scottish Cup (3rd round in 71?????) John Hazel and Arthur Duncan after a Donald Ford goal. magic. Pure ****in magic!

scoopyboy
01-01-2011, 08:22 AM
1. 7-0
2. millenium derby
3. a 1-0 win in the late 70s when they got relegated. Singing we'll meet again don't know where don't know when
4. 1-0 win when Geebsie ended their run
5. 2-1 win in the Scottish Cup when Arthur hit spectacular winner.

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Great thread. So good to hear Hibs fans being positive instead of going on about 1986 all the time.

As if anybody nowadays cares, or even knows what happened. It's so far back in the sands of time I've only a vague notion. Something to do with a stand-up comic and a late double strike in a town normally associated with jute, jam and journalism.

Let's just move on.

Davy Mac
01-01-2011, 08:38 AM
MY personal 5 Tynie experiences

1 My first derby at Tynie Pat Stanton heads in 96th minute equalizer cue bottles from the jambos

2 Joe Mcbride scores 2 free kicks in last 10 minutes to draw 2-2 cue bottles from the jambos - remember it well, fantastic!

3 Stevie archibald scores absolute pelte into bottom corner cue massive hibee celebrations----****in magic - incredible sway down the terracing when we scored, GIRUY HOMFC

4 Millenium derby Le God celebration running full-length of pitch to celebrate at the Roseburn end with the mad hibees faithful - we'll never see the likes again

5. millennium Derby --Kenny Miller slots in 3rd cue bedlam

Won't be there today --but watching from afar ---here,s to a safe derby day for everyone going and happy new years to all Hines wherever you are .

GGTTH:flag:

2005 - Dean Shiels winner :thumbsup:

1993/94 Darren Jackson against DUTD in League Cup Semi-Final :greengrin

Getting lifted in the early eighties after Stevie Cowan's goal was disallowed and I took umbridge to the unjustice of it all:wink: even funnier the polis thought I was one of these 'new casuals' when actually I had just finished playing golf before the game donning my pringle/lyle&scott shirt/sta-press trousers/loafers (wi the tassle of course:greengrin)

ronaldo7
01-01-2011, 08:56 AM
1. Happy Birthday 38 today
2. Geebsy
3. King Paddy of Stanton
4. Stevie boy
5. McGraw, sliding in at the back post to win the game 2-1 in the cup semi.

lapsedhibee
01-01-2011, 09:00 AM
1. Willie Hamilton from behind the goals, 1-0.
2. O'Rourke 2, Stevenson 2, 4-0.
3. Allan McGraw v Dundee, hirpling, 2-1.
4. Pat Quinn x 3, 4-1.
5. O'Rourke, Gordon, Duncan, Cropley, lost count after that.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2011, 09:19 AM
1- Hunter scores and the Pandemonium
2- Archibald scores in the pouring rain, pandemonium
3- Millenium derby, sweet as
4- Win 2-1 with being behind at half time, awesome
5- Riordan penalty beating them with a makeshift line up

Iggy Pope
01-01-2011, 10:39 AM
All of the above.

And can I add Ally MacLeod's injury time leveller in '78? Started a bit of a riot!

Crab apple
01-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Millennium derby for me - total domination from start to finish.

2-2 when Joe McBride junior grabbed two late goals also worth a mention on a cold, wet midweek night.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Millennium derby for me - total domination from start to finish.

2-2 when Joe McBride junior grabbed two late goals also worth a mention on a cold, wet midweek night.

Joe's two free-kicks were identical peaches.....Folk had left at 2-0 and could not believe we had got a draw:agree:

Alfred E Newman
01-01-2011, 11:51 AM
1. Willie Hamilton from behind the goals, 1-0.
2. O'Rourke 2, Stevenson 2, 4-0.
3. Allan McGraw v Dundee, hirpling, 2-1.
4. Pat Quinn x 3, 4-1.
5. O'Rourke, Gordon, Duncan, Cropley, lost count after that.

you`ve named them all :aok: :flag:

heidtheba
01-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Hunter's goal in that game - and the feeling we had when we walked back through Gorgie.
I think if we'd won the European Cup it still wouldnt have felt as triumphant as that!

:flag:

Rougier45
01-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Minutes to go in Dubai on showsports 3

Come on hibees

Chibs
01-01-2011, 12:44 PM
scotland beating portugal u16s semi final

darren jackson against no support united

pat stanton last minute

joe mcbride two goals as i headed out

and today

MM19
01-01-2011, 04:49 PM
7-0
4-1 Pat Quinn hat trick
1-0 Callaghan
2-1 Scottish cup Arthur Duncan
3-1 St Johnstone

Haven't been there (apart from semi finals) since they tried to take us over.