PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Yeay - but not from the BBC

RoxburghHibs
01-01-2011, 12:08 AM
My household has just endured the BBC 1 "Live from Edinburgh" New Year Party.

First issue I have is that it was from Glasgow! They did show about 2 or 3 minutes from Edinburgh but that is not good enough.

When will we see fair media coverage of our country?

Please register your complaint at the below (if you agree that Edinburgh live does not mean Glasgow studio)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/homepage/

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-01-2011, 12:16 AM
New Year celebrations from Scotland are a joke, always have been. We are apparently one of the world's best countries for New Year, but our TV schedules have about 10-15 mins either side of midnight. Joke, New Year is no better in this country than it is anywhere else.

cabbageandribs1875
01-01-2011, 12:27 AM
did they pronounce YEAY correctly :greengrin

p.s. watched gangs of new york for the 8th time instead :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
01-01-2011, 12:31 AM
did they pronounce YEAY correctly :greengrin

p.s. watched gangs of new york for the 8th time instead :greengrin

Sorry about that typo!!

But surely you watching a movie underlines the point!

Edinburgh had some cracking bands tonight (Byfi Clyro, Charlatons etc) yet BBC didn't showany of this.

Sky at least mentions Edinburgh but the BBC doesn't see past Glasgow!

plhibs
01-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Happy new year to all in Scotland. It's just after 8:30 pm here in Toronto and me being an old guy i am going to watch the celebrations from Niagara Falls it's much better than the crap they put on in this city. All the best to whoever is reading this.:thumbsup
GGTTH.

cabbageandribs1875
01-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Sorry about that typo!!

But surely you watching a movie underlines the point!

Edinburgh had some cracking bands tonight (Byfi Clyro, Charlatons etc) yet BBC didn't showany of this.

Sky at least mentions Edinburgh but the BBC doesn't see past Glasgow!

to be honest, i clean forgot to watch the programme lol, but flicked it over during an advert for 60 seconds and watched the luvly jackie bird :love ya!: she gets luvlier as each year passes :greengrin

Toaods
01-01-2011, 01:10 AM
no disrespect but how many times can one bear the sights of Phil Cunningham and Ally Bain supplement with the painstakingly thin, detestable Jackie 'fake as f' Bird.

This year they had some lassie on who was nothing more than a cheapo cross between KT Tunstall and Aimee MacDonald and she murdered a Proclaimers classic.

Absolutely dreadful.... as insular as you might expect from the BBC Scotland 'haggis and bagpipes media club'.

Wilson
01-01-2011, 10:14 AM
to be honest, i clean forgot to watch the programme lol, but flicked it over during an advert for 60 seconds and watched the luvly jackie bird :love ya!: she gets luvlier as each year passes :greengrin

She gets lovlier as each drink passes...

Greentinted
02-01-2011, 03:53 AM
I may be wrong but I seem to remember the pretentious over-inflated jaked up swollen ego that is Pete Irvine putting some kind of restrictions on the broadcasting rights for 'Edinburgh's Hogmany'. That man is culpable (along with a few brown envelope clutching reprobates guising as custodians of our once great city) of wantonly vandalising our - AYE OUR - citys winter holiday season.