31-12-2010, 08:59 PM
38 years never forget

H18sry
31-12-2010, 10:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzt4r_IIKVM :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
31-12-2010, 10:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzt4r_IIKVM :thumbsup:

Apart from us being different class from the present bunch I couldn't help noticing at the start of the video (Shades throw-in) the lack of colours worn by the fans as the order of the day was the shirt and tie received from the wife for Christmas. No goading or throwing coins at the players either. I'm assuming of course that the fans in the old rickety main stand were Yams.

Tomorrow will be very different. You can bet on it.

They may be above us in the league but they're still a pub team and always will be.

C'mon the Cabbage.

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

bigstu
31-12-2010, 10:28 PM
up you smelly *****

Greentinted
31-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Apart from us being different class from the present bunch I couldn't help noticing at the start of the video (Shades throw-in) the lack of colours worn by the fans as the order of the day was the shirt and tie received from the wife for Christmas. No goading or throwing coins at the players either. I'm assuming of course that the fans in the old rickety main stand were Yams.

Tomorrow will be very different. You can bet on it.

They may be above us in the league but they're still a pub team and always will be.

C'mon the Cabbage.

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Form is temporary. Class endures. That is all.

:flag:

madabouthibs
31-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Fans were mixed too, seems to be Hibees everywhere! :thumbsup:
And they barry wee joystick disabled motors of the day.... :aok:

H18sry
31-12-2010, 10:49 PM
I wiz in the center stand with my ma, dad and wee brother, dad had the carry out ma had the sarnies, and her heedscarf :wink:

iwasthere1972
31-12-2010, 10:57 PM
I wiz in the center stand with my ma, dad and wee brother, dad had the carry out ma had the sarnies, and her heedscarf :wink:

:greengrin

down the slope
31-12-2010, 11:13 PM
I was right behind the goals in the second half, the Gordon header seemed to take ages to go in......wonderfull.

cs9
01-01-2011, 01:13 AM
Happy New Year to everyone from the USA. I was in the Gorgie Rd end that famous day with a mix of severely hung-over Jambo and Hibee mates - no
segregation in them thar days. No aggro either. I'm a Gorgie boy - christened in
the church at the Gorgie Rd end and went to skool at Tynie, but was born in
Leith and I'm a Hibee till I die (which may be fairly soon if I keep topping up from that bottle of Jack Daniels calling me from the kitchen).

Cheers!!!

CRAZYHIBBY
01-01-2011, 01:25 AM
to all undercover yams 0-7 .........we got it first.......**** you and goodnight

hailhail22
01-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Hibs to win 2-1 today we will go 2-0 up first twenty mins :-o thats what i think anyway

Forza Fred
01-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Happy New Year to everyone from the USA. I was in the Gorgie Rd end that famous day with a mix of severely hung-over Jambo and Hibee mates - no
segregation in them thar days. No aggro either. I'm a Gorgie boy - christened in
the church at the Gorgie Rd end and went to skool at Tynie, but was born in
Leith and I'm a Hibee till I die (which may be fairly soon if I keep topping up from that bottle of Jack Daniels calling me from the kitchen).

Cheers!!!

I I was behind the goalss where Grodon's header went in too..and then it was back to Big Frank Dougan's place in Colinton Mains to celebrate!

Much hs been made about the lack of segregation in previous posts and the almost 'romantic' notion that there was never any bother between the fans in tthis 'era'

That's not my recollection at all.

While it was true that there was no segregation, the fans tended to congregate together in their own tribe as it were...frequently there would be a rammy at the half way point on the terracing at ER when the rival fans, migrating from one end to the other met at half time.

Ii also remember a few rammies with Hearts supporters, other than this.

Can't recall any trouble at this game its true...but in the seventies it was not all sweetness and a 'hard luck old chap' culture as some would portray.

cabbageandribs1875
01-01-2011, 02:02 AM
Much hs been made about the lack of segregation in previous posts and the almost 'romantic' notion that there was never any bother between the fans in tthis 'era'

indeed, i was with my dad and several uncles at that game, one of my uncles managed to get in quick at another turnstile, although it was 2-0 for us by the time the rest of us got in, the said uncle was already passing us to get out again, not because he was a jambo and his team already getting a doin so soon, he saw hibs/hertz fans fighting as soon as he got in and swore that was him finished with watching football...and he kept his word

cs9
01-01-2011, 02:09 AM
I I was behind the goalss where Grodon's header went in too..and then it was back to Big Frank Dougan's place in Colinton Mains to celebrate!

While it was true that there was no segregation, the fans tended to congregate together in their own tribe as it were...frequently there would be a rammy at the half way point on the terracing at ER when the rival fans, migrating from one end to the other met at half time.

Ii also remember a few rammies with Hearts supporters, other than this.

Can't recall any trouble at this game its true...but in the seventies it was not all sweetness and a 'hard luck old chap' culture as some would portray.

I agree . There was aggro at many games - I just don't recollect any at this
particular derby game. I hope to god the Jambo's don't do a 7-0 on us
tomorrow. The way we are playing it wouldn't be totally out of the question.
It will all be done and dusted by the time I crawl out of bed in the morning ...

blairwallace
01-01-2011, 02:28 AM
oh we've played in south morocco....

Bryson
01-01-2011, 04:32 AM
oh we've played in south morocco....

and we played in the USA , but the greatest game in history was the game on new years day

Cmon the hibs !!!!! :cool2::greengrin

IWasThere2016
01-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Sheite Sheite Glorious Sheite! :agree:

Get it right effn up them Hibs! :thumbsup:

edit - A wee Mercer song might flush one or two of the vermin oot.. Anyone wish to start us off? :wink:

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2011, 06:56 AM
**** every last one of you.

Lucius Apuleius
01-01-2011, 08:25 AM

that is all thats needed.

Aldo
01-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Ma Dad and Uncle were at the game and both had bottles in their pockets and was told by them that they changed ends at Half time (the fans or some of them)

Wish I'd been born earlier to see that game.

THE GREATEST GAME IN HISTORY WAS THE GAME ON NEW YEARS DAY

7 - 0 :flag:

GG

Dunbar Hibee
01-01-2011, 08:31 AM

I concur.

The Harp
01-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Was in the enclosure under their old rickety stand (it's even ricketier now :greengrin). Met up by chance wi' a lot of old pals in the queue to get in, including a well known Hibstorian. Missed wee Jimmy's goal due to the length of time it took to get in.
We all had our new year bottles wi' us and passed them round the Yam supporters who braved it out to the end. A game NEVER to be forgotten - hard to believe it was 38 years ago.:flag:

HiBremian
01-01-2011, 10:02 AM
I remember being in the enclosure too, towards the end where we got the 5 first half goals. Aged 19, I'd already done a few Ne'er Day derbies after all night bevvies, and remember bringing a bottle o whisky to celebrate, more in hope, any goals wi a wee double - seem to remember the previous two years were 0-0 and right letdowns.

Totally palatic by half-time:greengrin

Hibby D
01-01-2011, 10:12 AM

Oh my! And you a gentleman too.......:cool2:

Rather eloquently put though :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
01-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Fans were mixed too, seems to be Hibees everywhere! :thumbsup:
And they barry wee joystick disabled motors of the day.... :aok:

That made me LOL :faf: Getting funny looks :greengrin

MrSmith
01-01-2011, 02:31 PM
1215 guests on just now! keekbackers out in force eh! Enjoy yourselves jumbo voyeurs...