PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Yogi on his way to.....

ancienthibby
31-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Burnley,

Beeb radio just reported he is the favourite!

bighairyfaeleith
31-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Burnley,

Do him good to get out of scottish football for a bit I reckon.

lucky
31-12-2010, 12:20 PM
I would be very suprised if he gets the job. His track record in the SPL was poor at best. Cant see his stock being that high in England after getting sacked by Hibs

cockneymike
31-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I would be very suprised if he gets the job. His track record in the SPL was poor at best. Cant see his stock being that high in England after getting sacked by Hibs

but remember he was reccomended for that job by coyle, when he went to bolton.

Would be a great job for yogi, whom I still like a lot, even if things didn't work out at ER.

Good luck to him.

ScottB
31-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see him do well, as Mixu has gone on to do.

Andy74
31-12-2010, 01:03 PM

Was it? Brought Falkirk up and kept them up for a few years. Cup semis and cup finals and Europe. Took Hibs to 4th and Europe.

All managers and teams have runs of poor form but as it stands his record is good.

leemel
31-12-2010, 01:08 PM
If true!
Get in there big man! Well done x

glenn6270
31-12-2010, 01:15 PM
if true hopefully he raids us for some of the dross he brought to us .

Saorsa
31-12-2010, 01:16 PM
if true hopefully he raids us for some of the dross he brought to us .starting with Hart

Feed McGraw
31-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Was it? Brought Falkirk up and kept them up for a few years. Cup semis and cup finals and Europe. Took Hibs to 4th and Europe.

All managers and teams have runs of poor form but as it stands his record is good.

All depends on the way you "spin" it. You`ve chose to "spin" in his favour.

Btw was it really semis` and finals`? As in plural ?

hibiedude
31-12-2010, 01:25 PM
if true hopefully he raids us for some of the dross he brought to us .

One of the resaons why I think he won't get that job

His record in scotland shows what ?

Pressure- he can't handle it

Tactics- at best poor

signings- lets not mention that

cad
31-12-2010, 01:40 PM
starting with Hart

beat me to it :agree:

hibsboy90
31-12-2010, 02:00 PM
I can exclusively reveal, I have seen yogi this afternoon, and he wasn't wearing a Burnley scarf!

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2010, 02:02 PM
There's every chance of this being true, there chairman apparently likes claret.

keep the faith
31-12-2010, 02:12 PM
real lack of goodwill towards a good Hibs man here who had our interests at heart.

Hope you get it Yogi and good luck!!

Andy74
31-12-2010, 02:25 PM
All depends on the way you "spin" it. You`ve chose to "spin" in his favour.

Btw was it really semis` and finals`? As in plural ?

Semis plural and final singular. For a team he found firmly in the first division that is certainly success. As is being established in the SPL.

4th place and Europe is also success at Hibs.

None of that is spin, but accept the last few months were poor. Something calderwood has failed to address either as it stands.

Plenty teams will be willing to look at his record overall and not just a period of a few months where as it happens we either had key players injured or sold.

Judas Iscariot
31-12-2010, 02:27 PM
real lack of goodwill towards a good Hibs man here who had our interests at heart.

:agree:

Hope he does well wherever he ends up..

Captain Trips
31-12-2010, 02:31 PM
John Hughes failed but not through lack of desire or passion, he just didnt quite fix errors he made and therefore left the club and unfortunatly that was correct.

I hope though he gets in at another club and does well.

3pm
31-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Burnley,

For New Year?

Brizo
31-12-2010, 03:31 PM
I sincerely hope so. Im getting more and more tired of that so called impartial fi tba pundit Alan Preston using every Radio Scotland fitba programme to slag off Hibs for ditching Yogi and touting him for every managers job that comes up. Prestons obviously set himself up as Yogis unofficial agent / recruitment consultant.

Of course if Yogis a success of it we'll never hear the end of it .... altho if Burnley think theyre getting a Coyle mark two theyre in for a big dissapointment imho

grunt
31-12-2010, 03:50 PM
I sincerely hope so. Im getting more and more tired of that so called impartial fi tba pundit Alan Preston using every Radio Scotland fitba programme to slag off Hibs for ditching Yogi and touting him for every managers job that comes up. Prestons obviously set himself up as Yogis unofficial agent / recruitment consultant.
Oh yes I agree with you on this! As if Preston's voice wasn't annoying enough, this last few games he has been even more unbearable because of this.

scoopyboy
31-12-2010, 04:05 PM

Of course if Yogis a success of it we'll never hear the end of it .... altho if Burnley think theyre getting a Coyle mark two theyre in for a big dissapointment imho

I think Preston is Yogi's agent as well as his cousin.

grunt
31-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I think Preston is Yogi's agent as well as his cousin.If that's the case it's even worse that he's using the platform of the BBC to promote his own agenda and that of his client.

Golden Bear
31-12-2010, 04:31 PM
If that's the case it's even worse that he's using the platform of the BBC to promote his own agenda and that of his client.

And he's not the first as Gordon Smith did exactly the same thing for a number of years.

scoopyboy
31-12-2010, 04:38 PM
If that's the case it's even worse that he's using the platform of the BBC to promote his own agenda and that of his client.

agreed

Sammy7nil
31-12-2010, 04:43 PM
I wish him well

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2010, 05:08 PM
i can't see Hughes cutting it at Burnley just now. They didn't punt Laws because things were going well. They need a steady hand. He would fit in better at Port vale IMO as they are a footballing side who appear to be going great guns and full of confidence.

Albion Hibs
31-12-2010, 05:16 PM

Agreed.

I think Yogi has a done a good job since going into management. There were many on here that seemed to be under the impression that as soon as the next manager put on his Hibs tracksuit we would go on a winning run stretching the rest of the season. Surprise, surprise that has not happened.

I think Yogi did a good job at Hibs, he was a good player for us and is a good Hibs fan. It is almost as sickening to see the negative comment on this thread as it was the ones that demanded his head.

Whilst I dont think Yogi will get the job, I would very much like him to.

All the best Yogi, hopefully the way you were treated would not put you off chucking a few loan signings our way if needed.

Removed
31-12-2010, 06:07 PM

All the best Yogi wherever you end up next

Toaods
31-12-2010, 06:33 PM
They've just fired a wee hardman manager so Yogi won't get the gig there.

Holmesdale Hibs
01-01-2011, 02:10 AM

His record wasn't that bad. When he left falkirk they got relegated straight away. 4th place with Hibs is alot better than most other managers in recent times. He had his faults but was far from a disaster.

A passionate Hibs fan who gave his all as a manager and player. I was really sorry it didn't work out for him and wish him all the best in the future.

H18Y GW
01-01-2011, 07:13 AM
John Hughes failed but not through lack of desire or passion, he just didnt quite fix errors he made and therefore left the club and unfortunatly that was correct.

I hope though he gets in at another club and does well.

I've known John from juvenile football and he told me at the launch of the Mint strip, that most he had under him at ER, including some of his signings, which he stated were " them or nothing " signings, were not fit to wear the strip.

Take from that how hard the job Calderwood has right now.

Best of luck Yogs

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2011, 07:29 AM
His record wasn't that bad. When he left falkirk they got relegated straight away. 4th place with Hibs is alot better than most other managers in recent times. He had his faults but was far from a disaster.

A passionate Hibs fan who gave his all as a manager and player. I was really sorry it didn't work out for him and wish him all the best in the future.

Yes.

Still loved.

Go the Yogster!

sesoim
01-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Burnley are a wee club who were lucky to have a fantastic manager for a couple of years. I don't think that would be a good job for anybody to take as they will always be judged against Coyle.

There are plenty of good managers unemployed at the moment, so if they are interested in Hughes, it can only be because all the other options aren't interested.