PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Ljunberg

Betty Boop
31-12-2010, 08:30 AM
I see Freddy will be lighting up the SPL. :greengrin

Green_one
31-12-2010, 08:45 AM

His average since 2007 is 2 goals per team (about one every 15 games). Injury prone, he suffers from severe migraine.

Celtic must be desperate. Sign that Stokes is out of favour?

jdships
31-12-2010, 10:12 AM
His average since 2007 is 2 goals per team (about one every 15 games). Injury prone, he suffers from severe migraine.

Celtic must be desperate. Sign that Stokes is out of favour?

Like you can't see the reasoning behind this signing. .Also doesn't say much for the standard of the SPL when Lennon is jumping through "hoops" at the prospect of him playing for thr 'tic

O.K we signed Sauzee at the same age but Ljunberg has suffered greatly with injuries over the past three/four years while Sauzee had no problems on that front
:confused:

GreenCastle
31-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Watched him in the MLS with Seattle and Chicago.

Chicago released him in November as he is past it.

He may play one good game for Celtic but isn't going to set the league on fire. One of my favorite players when at Arsenal all those years back but isn't the same player now.

The reason he left Seattle was he fell out with the manager as he wanted to play central instead of out wide. Will be interesting to see if he causes problems at Celtic

iwasthere1972
31-12-2010, 10:47 AM
The guy must be loaded after his big pay off from West Ham.

Stokesey must be rubbing his hands right now. :wink:

Anyone know how much Celtic are paying Freddie?

Antifa Hibs
31-12-2010, 10:52 AM
£30k a week apparently. For a 33 year old at the end of his career? :rotflmao:

This isn't Celtic appeasing their fans by pretending to be a big club again is it? i,e, Robbie Keane?

iwasthere1972
31-12-2010, 11:01 AM
£30k a week apparently. For a 33 year old at the end of his career? :rotflmao:

This isn't Celtic appeasing their fans by pretending to be a big club again is it? i,e, Robbie Keane?

Cheers.

£30K a week for someone well past his best and just says it all about football right now. Wouldn't be surprised if their "prize asset" hobbles off after 20 minutes or so after being on the receiving end of a dirty hun tackle. That's if he plays of course.

heretoday
31-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Freddie's done it again! Persuaded yet another team to shell out big bucks on the strength of his past exploits with Arsenal.

I reckon he'll get a red card against Rangers. Just a hunch.

Betty Boop
31-12-2010, 12:59 PM
He still has the :drool: factor though ! :greengrin

Steve-O
31-12-2010, 03:23 PM
My prediction is that he will be PISH.

brightons hibby
31-12-2010, 07:15 PM
I am a season ticket holder with the seattle sounders. Ljunberg is a good player but has an terrible temper when things are not going right. moaning git. It won,t be to long until he gets sent off as he looses control pretty easy.:thumbsup:

TheEastTerrace
31-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Fantastic advert for the SPL

"hear thee, hear thee - career on the rocks? shadow of your former footballing self? looking for that final payday? last stop on the journey to the scrapheap? well roll on up, cos we have the league for you! yes, you heard right! you can have it all in the ESS PEE HELL!"

iwasthere1972
03-01-2011, 04:02 PM

Sciving barsteward. Only just arrived and already has a virus. :wink:

Great signing by Celtic.

Dashing Bob S
03-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Legs were gone at WHUFC. Great move for FL, more decent wedge and he can spend most of time on the treatment table now that Killen's vacated that slot. Doubt he'll fancy having his dodgy knees crushed further by the SPL hammer throwers.