PDA

View Full Version : Pub with Both Fans

dp00
31-12-2010, 12:05 AM
anyone got any ideas where i can watch the derby in town where both sets of fans will be welcome ??? planning on watching it with my jambo mate

monktonharp
31-12-2010, 12:12 AM
anyone got any ideas where i can watch the derby in town where both sets of fans will be welcome ??? planning on watching it with my jambo matetake him to tamsons:wink:

jane_says
31-12-2010, 01:06 AM
sportsters on market street always shows the derbies and normally has both sets of fans, last time i went there there was a grade a(yam) welt though kinda spoiled it, but theres big screens and you can get food upstairs

Wembley67
31-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Any pub will be fine, if you cant watch the game in any pub with your mate there is a serious problem. The old firm we are not.

Future17
31-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Any pub will be fine, if you cant watch the game in any pub with your mate there is a serious problem. The old firm we are not.

:agree:

Walkabout in the Omni Centre is another option. Remember to check today what time these places open tomorrow though.

Some of them won't be opening until later in the day and phone early to check today as they won't be answering their phones later.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Always seems to be a mixture in City Limits on Leith Walk on a Derby Day

Bostonhibby
31-12-2010, 10:40 AM
take him to tamsons:wink:

:greengrin So long as he is on a lead, has his own drinking bowl, has been vaccinated for distemper and his ring worm has cleared up he should be okay.

We used to have a pet one in Porters for years, and as long as he bought drinks and agreed with everything we said he was fine, mind you he moved to Florida in the end.

luxjock
31-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Always seems to be a mixture in City Limits on Leith Walk on a Derby Day

Aye , normally good banter in there.

Jack
31-12-2010, 11:00 AM
take him to tamsons:wink: :grr:

The Footlights on Spittal Street [Bread Street] shows a lot of football and has a decent food selection too.

[people have been known to be given Nigerian flags from this pub! :greengrin] :flag:

Antifa Hibs
31-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Most boozers in the centre will be mixed, with no problems at all. All yer nut jobs will be at the game, or watchin in Leith/Gorgie :greengrin

Cask & Barrell is a no bad boozer that has plenty screens etc.

Might be an idea to phone ahead 1st though to make sure they are showing. I know alot of pubs have switched over from Sky Sports/ESPN to Tring and I don't think Tring shows Scottish fitba.

Moulin Yarns
31-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Most boozers in the centre will be mixed, with no problems at all. All yer nut jobs will be at the game, or watchin in Leith/Gorgie :greengrin

Cask & Barrell is a no bad boozer that has plenty screens etc.

Might be an idea to phone ahead 1st though to make sure they are showing. I know alot of pubs have switched over from Sky Sports/ESPN to Tring and I don't think Tring shows Scottish fitba.

Any ideas for bars in Rose street area???

Since90+2
31-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Any ideas for bars in Rose street area???

You could try the Queens Arms on Frederik Street .which is 2 minutes from Rose Street. Not a partisan pub either way and has a couple of 50inch tellys. Like others have said though maybe call to see what time they open.