PDA

View Full Version : Templeton

hibsbollah
30-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Just watched the yams-st mirren highlights. He looks on ridiculously good form:rolleyes: Get someone to Man-mark him all over the pitch? just let the right back (Hart? Wotherspoon?) take care of him? or is there no point worrying about an opposition player and we should be concentrating on our own strengths instead? or is he, in fact, pish and overrated?:greengrin (personally I think he's a genuine talent and is going to play for a real big team in the future)

Thoughts?

Danderhall Hibs
30-12-2010, 05:07 PM
For Saturday I'd use the Hearts method and kick him out of the game. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

GreenCastle
30-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Templeton has been on fire this season and reminds me of how Scott Brown used to play.

He is playing well and is no doubt dangerous.

Our weak spots are our full backs and Rudi and Templeton could have a field day - unless CC plays someone with pace to combat this.

truehibernian
30-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Galbraith did well last night when given the whole 90 minutes. Time and time again he took men on, got by them, drove into the box. I would say that if we deploy some width ourselves, against Hearts weak spot (full backs), we could have just as much impact.

Was (and am) very impressed by Galbraith who is a player who if given a decent run of games will be a very very effective player for us. But we also need to use the other wide area too, so having DW and Zemmama competing for that spot is good to have.

Bayern Bru
30-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Richard Gordon et al were commenting last night that he appeared to be having an awful game and was about to be hooked and replaced with Obua before he scored. Even on an off day though, he'd probably still rip Hart a new one.

From the little I've seen of him, there certainly appears to be talent there. If he's sensible, he'll stay at Hearts for at least another season if not more. A big move too soon could ruin him.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Already being touted to go up the M8 soon...Smeltic supporter I think..

Sir David Gray
30-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Richard Gordon et al were commenting last night that he appeared to be having an awful game and was about to be hooked and replaced with Obua before he scored. Even on an off day though, he'd probably still rip Hart a new one.

From the little I've seen of him, there certainly appears to be talent there. If he's sensible, he'll stay at Hearts for at least another season if not more. A big move too soon could ruin him.

Yep, according to Radio Scotland last night, he was having a shocker up until he scored.

Would still rather he played for us, though, rather than against us.

PISTOL1875
30-12-2010, 05:19 PM
I feel that putting him in with the Yams early on might be a good move....

seanraff07
30-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Apparently Fat Jim was about to sub him just before he scored cause it wasn't his night, but i'll admit it looks like he's turning into a player.

Murray needs to go through him from the start simple as. When i watched his goal against us in the most recent derby again, i thought to myself, what would Hearts have done in that situation? Got someone to half him and take a booking. That's what a derby is like and i'm afraid that's the kind of thing we need to start doing when we have to.

Tricla
30-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Templeton

http://www.paullynde.info/PhotoGalleries/clips/001100_000010_CharlottesWebFair.jpg

hibsbollah
30-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Yep, according to Radio Scotland last night, he was having a shocker up until he scored.

Since he scored one and won the penalty for the other, both times by beating players running with the ball, if thats a 'shocker' im more worried that i was before:rolleyes:

Mind you, i suppose Driver was equally hyped before previous derbies and Van Zanten always kept him quiet. Could be the same scenario with Hart and Templeton.

Bristolhibby
30-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Templeton has been on fire this season and reminds me of how Scott Brown used to play.

He is playing well and is no doubt dangerous.

Our weak spots are our full backs and Rudi and Templeton could have a field day - unless CC plays someone with pace to combat this.

Was thinking the same thing myself while watching the highlights. We have not had an attacking midfielder since Broon. Celtic have ruined him IMHO. He was man of the match for Scotland when we played Italy in Bari. Driving forward with pace and agression. Strachen turned hom into a hatchet man with bad timing and a worse temprement.

Would still have him back though.

J

PS. Agree, hit and hurt Templeton very early and watch his ccok shrink.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Since he scored one and won the penalty for the other, both times by beating players running with the ball, if thats a 'shocker' im more worried that i was before:rolleyes:

Mind you, i suppose Driver was equally hyped before previous derbies and Van Zanten always kept him quiet. Could be the same scenario with Hart and Templeton.

I did say "up until he scored". :wink:

By all accounts, he played well in the last 20 minutes or so.

truehibernian
30-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Whilst on the "winger" thread I hear that we have been sounding out a possible loan for Andrew Halliday from M'boro. If true and CC has also sounded out Falkirk regards Flynn, it's good to see that we are looking at getting in some pace and wide players.

Templeton is dangerous when he cuts inside and drives through the middle. Playing a holding player or two, Stevenson and Murray, may combat his threat.

I still think they are just as weak at full back and can be exploited if we put balls in behind them.

son of haggart
30-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Templeton is dangerous all right. He has very fast feet and quite often his goals come from catching defenders napping - either through a quick turn of pace or by robbing them of the ball. He is pretty good at riding rough tackles and seems to have a good temperament - never retaliates as far as I can remember.

St Mirren had two men on him early on and that kept him quiet but that meant we had a ridiculous amount of the ball - 16 corners! so it is a gamble, and eventually they made a mistake near him and it was a goal.

The good news for you is that it is unlikely Skacel or Elliott will play, and Wallace and Driver are not ready yet (Wallace on subs bench last night but not brought on, Driver 2 weeks away)

truehibernian
30-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Templeton is dangerous all right. He has very fast feet and quite often his goals come from catching defenders napping - either through a quick turn of pace or by robbing them of the ball. He is pretty good at riding rough tackles and seems to have a good temperament - never retaliates as far as I can remember.

St Mirren had two men on him early on and that kept him quiet but that meant we had a ridiculous amount of the ball - 16 corners! so it is a gamble, and eventually they made a mistake near him and it was a goal.

The good news for you is that it is unlikely Skacel or Elliott will play, and Wallace and Driver are not ready yet (Wallace on subs bench last night but not brought on, Driver 2 weeks away)

I have a hunch that Wotherspoon will be asked to man mark and track all of Templeton's runs off the ball. If you watch Hearts closely, and their opponents, they have chosen not to man mark Templeton, but take the chance that Hearts lose possession and counter. Have to say it has backfired on Well, Celtic and Saints doing this. Hearts go hurtling forward at a pace and at present are getting the wee breaks, but also playing fast flowing football. There are gaps to exploit though when play breaks down.

At Easter Road Hearts were encouraged to allow Hibs a lot of the ball so they could counter quickly. I know this as I spoke with one of your coaches after the game (they were gutted that Suso was out as well). They were however very quick to change things and ask Templeton to drop deeper to pick up loose balls outside the box/halfway line, as Hibs were getting in behind Palazuelos and Hearts were worried about the impact of the loss of the first goal. It will be interesting to see how Hearts react to the loss of a goal (here's hoping :greengrin), as one of their strengths is getting up and going from the first whistle and generally getting their noses in front.

He is without doubt a fantastic talent and it's great for Scottish football we have players like that coming through. Can't ever say I am happy Hearts have him, but you have to applaud genuine raw talent when you see it. A joy to watch no doubt.

My worry is the midfield area. Hibs play narrow, Hearts don't. However last night, with Galbraith having an excellent game, and Zemmama coming on on the other flank, makes me think we will go to Tynecastle with a "oh do you think so" attitude and try and take the game to you.

Here's hoping for a good game though

nickwhibs
30-12-2010, 06:34 PM
I think the only thing to do is to play Spoony at RB as at least he has the pace and determination that Hart lacks. He's a lot more mobile and won't get turned as easily. Plus I think he reads the game pretty well. The only problem then is who to play a RM as don't think Zouma is fit enough to start - maybe Miller... Also agree with the point that good tackling midfielders are need to deal with him cutting inside and just for the game in general. Murray and Stevenson are ideal for this and they played reasonably well together last night.

KeithTheHibby
30-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Just watched the yams-st mirren highlights. He looks on ridiculously good form:rolleyes: Get someone to Man-mark him all over the pitch? just let the right back (Hart? Wotherspoon?) take care of him? or is there no point worrying about an opposition player and we should be concentrating on our own strengths instead? or is he, in fact, pish and overrated?:greengrin (personally I think he's a genuine talent and is going to play for a real big team in the future)

Thoughts?

Someone should hit the jug eared wee pr!ck and put him out the game. This is a derby, no prisoners.
The same should happen to the spanish waiter they have an all.

justlikebrazil
30-12-2010, 06:39 PM
stick him in the f***ing stand

son of haggart
30-12-2010, 06:41 PM
I have a hunch that Wotherspoon will be asked to man mark and track all of Templeton's runs off the ball. If you watch Hearts closely, and their opponents, they have chosen not to man mark Templeton, but take the chance that Hearts lose possession and counter. Have to say it has backfired on Well, Celtic and Saints doing this. Hearts go hurtling forward at a pace and at present are getting the wee breaks, but also playing fast flowing football. There are gaps to exploit though when play breaks down.

At Easter Road Hearts were encouraged to allow Hibs a lot of the ball so they could counter quickly. I know this as I spoke with one of your coaches after the game (they were gutted that Suso was out as well). They were however very quick to change things and ask Templeton to drop deeper to pick up loose balls outside the box/halfway line, as Hibs were getting in behind Palazuelos and Hearts were worried about the impact of the loss of the first goal. It will be interesting to see how Hearts react to the loss of a goal (here's hoping :greengrin), as one of their strengths is getting up and going from the first whistle and generally getting their noses in front.

He is without doubt a fantastic talent and it's great for Scottish football we have players like that coming through. Can't ever say I am happy Hearts have him, but you have to applaud genuine raw talent when you see it. A joy to watch no doubt.

My worry is the midfield area. Hibs play narrow, Hearts don't. However last night, with Galbraith having an excellent game, and Zemmama coming on on the other flank, makes me think we will go to Tynecastle with a "oh do you think so" attitude and try and take the game to you.

Here's hoping for a good game though

Interesting comments. I hope Hibs do come with that attitude. I would expect us to win in a game where both teams attacked (especially given the fragility of your defence at present) but in a derby match who knows?

frazeHFC
30-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Really good player, him and Skacel could tear us apart like they have almost every team so far this season.

Keep Ian Murray in CM and he can go to whichever one has the ball and with some of his hard tackles, hopefully they will be scared. :wink:

JimBHibees
30-12-2010, 06:50 PM

I would have thought that would be good news for you guys. Templeton is a decent talent no doubt and good to see a good Scottish talent coming through seem to think he is now cultivating a bit of theatrics to his game which is a bit of a shame IMO.

Dunbar Hibee
30-12-2010, 07:00 PM
As soon as he gets the ball take him out the ****in game. If that doesn't work keep doing so. See how Hearts like a taste of their own medicine.

son of haggart
30-12-2010, 07:05 PM
I would have thought that would be good news for you guys. Templeton is a decent talent no doubt and good to see a good Scottish talent coming through seem to think he is now cultivating a bit of theatrics to his game which is a bit of a shame IMO.

Elliott 2Ts is good Elliot 1T (who will play if 1T is not fit) is not so good for us.

Re the theatrics I think opposition fans will always think this of someone who runs at defences - I don't think he's a diver, personally.

Barney McGrew
30-12-2010, 07:11 PM
...Smeltic supporter I think..

He is indeed.

Despite being named after one of Rangers greatest players :greengrin

Diclonius
30-12-2010, 07:14 PM
As soon as he gets the ball take him out the ****in game. If that doesn't work keep doing so. See how Hearts like a taste of their own medicine.

Seconded.

No doubt they'll be as cynical as always in trying to crock Zemmama out for another nine months, so I say do the exact thing to him and Skacel. Fed up with being bullied out of derbies.

Cropley10
30-12-2010, 07:19 PM
We should put a cheekie bid in for Temps.

I think he's the sort of player we should be trying to sign.

Houchy
30-12-2010, 07:21 PM

That's usually my reaction but they could just as easily snap Zemamma in half as well. Difference is that Zemamma is infact made of very thin sticks that can tend to snap if the wind changes direction too quickly (as much as I love the guy BTW:agree:), whereas unless it's a "straight red" challenge, Templeton will, after some rolling about for 10 minutes, get up eventually.

Brads Laing
30-12-2010, 11:39 PM

Thoughts?
Pish and overated

HarpyHibby
31-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Really hoppe calderwood has a word with the likes of ian Murray with regards to putting him in the stand in the first five minutes. Couple of hard tackles early on should hopefully knock him for the game. Not pretty but it is most definately necessary.

hibiedude
31-12-2010, 08:32 AM
I rate Templeton very highly but the fact he's playing superb at the moment means he'll attract attention from bigger clubs than Hearts.

A decent offer over January and as we know all to well with our own players over the years he'll be sold.

allezsauzee
31-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Templeton is great prospect but he blows hot and cold like a lot of young players. We should booting him into the stand early doors tho, see if he still fancies it after that.

FromTheCapital
31-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Nail him and Skacel early doors then break Kyle's leg.... Joking....
But do nail them, All 3....

Keith_M
31-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Refs never give a red card in the first 5 minutes, so IM should cripple him.

that's if he can get near enough........

MontrealHibs
31-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Refs never give a red card in the first 5 minutes, so IM should cripple him.

that's if he can get near enough........

Nah Murray will never catch him... :na na:

hibsbollah
31-12-2010, 07:57 PM
We should booting him into the stand early doors tho, see if he still fancies it after that.

A Gordon Hunter on John Colquhoun 'cut him in half' assault would do nicely:agree:

Mikey
01-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Any news on why he didn't play today? He didn't even make the bench.

down-the-slope
01-01-2011, 04:07 PM

:confused: marked out the game yes...but was on the pitch

Mikey
01-01-2011, 04:16 PM

Whooooooooooooosh :greengrin

:wink:

MSK
01-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Whooooooooooooosh :greengrin

:wink::faf:

ronaldo7
01-01-2011, 04:51 PM

He's worth £4 million dont you know.

hibsbollah
01-01-2011, 11:17 PM

:taxi

down-the-slope
01-01-2011, 11:21 PM
:taxi:yawn: