PDA

View Full Version : Riordan/Bamba/Miller

Hibby Bairn
30-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Amuses me to read so many posters on here that would gladly see these guys go. IMO 3 of the best players in the SPL and ones that would easily get their games at all clubs outside of the OF. All 3 would make a go of it at Rangers and Celtic as well.

And we are happy to wave bye bye to them. Nuts. :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
30-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I'd be gutted if Deek left, absolutely gutted. Wish I could say the same about the other two.

Riordans Boots
30-12-2010, 02:32 PM
I'd be gutted if Deek left, absolutely gutted. Wish I could say the same about the other two.

My thoughts exactly :boo hoo::boo hoo:

Leith Green
30-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Amuses me to read so many posters on here that would gladly see these guys go. IMO 3 of the best players in the SPL and ones that would easily get their games at all clubs outside of the OF. All 3 would make a go of it at Rangers and Celtic as well.

Riordan i'd 100 per cent agree, Bamba 50 per cent agree but can you please tell me on what and how exactly you come to that opinion regarding Miller? Pretty anonomous midfield figure for a calander year now..

Hibby Bairn
30-12-2010, 02:49 PM
I rate Miller very highly. I think he is a good player surrounded by very mediocre ones in the middle of the park and at full back (I don't include Hanlon in that) and that has an impact on his showing. Witness Darren Fletcher playing for Scotland v Darren Fletcher playing for Man Utd.

Miller, IMO, is one of the few players in Hibs midfield that can see a pass, look to switch point of attack, link up play and lastly but most importantly look to play a 5 yard pass when that is all that is needed to help open up play.

Miller playing with better players (even Duffy and Zemmama last night gave him options that didn't exist before) would excel at Hibs....again.

Tin hat on....but I think Stevenson can do a lot of this as well.

aberhibsfc
30-12-2010, 02:50 PM

:top marks

I've been resigned to losing Bamba for a while now, I'd like to see him stay. Only thing that confuses me is when he is not playing well, is it because he is inconsistant or is his mind elsewhere?

Miller, Riordan and Zemmama for that matter I would hope we would be able to fashion some form of deal. However:

Miller - Is not enjoying his football at ER just now. He may not be willing to take any more chances down south and sees the SPL as his level, outwith the OF the ****bos are the only ones that splash the wages cash. I didn't think that money was such an issue for Miller but with Yogi away and a difficult time of late he may just opt for the move. It might not be entirely down to him either, CC may have other plans for those wages.

Riordan - Would probably stay if the money was available but given the access to cash in other leagues he may opt to take advantage of his years for one last big deal.

Zemmama - I think he would probably hope to remain at ER but my worry is that fitness concerns may put paid to this. If he has long term injury issues I can understand but if he is looking better I would be reluctant to let him slip out the door. He has a lot to prove at the moment and I'd like him to do it at ER and repay Hibs for all their support during his injuries, home sickness and helping him acquire a visa for his wife. He owes Hibs more than most.

seanraff07
30-12-2010, 02:51 PM
I'd be devastated if Riordan left, we'd miss Bamba but wouldn't be a massive loss IMO. I was so impressed by Miller in his first few months at us but since then he just hasn't shown enough for me. I think he has that kind of attitude that he believes he can stroll around the park, hardly break sweat, put in 10% every game and still pick his wage up at the end of the week. I'm asuming he's one of our highest earners so i wouldn't mind getting him off the wage bill if i'm honest.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Miller, IMO, is one of the few players in Hibs midfield that can see a pass, look to switch point of attack, link up play and lastly but most importantly look to play a 5 yard pass when that is all that is needed to help open up play.

Miller playing with better players (even Duffy and Zemmama last night gave him options that didn't exist before) would excel at Hibs....again.

:top marks:agree:

Steve20
30-12-2010, 03:14 PM
I would be delighted if Riordan and Bamba stayed. Liam Miller has shown nothing to suggest he is anywhere close to being one of the best players in the SPL. Gutless wonder imo.

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-12-2010, 03:18 PM
I would be delighted if Riordan and Bamba stayed. Liam Miller has shown nothing to suggest he is anywhere close to being one of the best players in the SPL. Gutless wonder imo.

Well said. Would love Bamba to stay. Riordan is class however it would be interesting to know how dedicated he is (behind the scenes).
Miller is not prepared to put in the effort and is painfully lightweight!!

Couldn't care less if he jumps to the Yams, at least we will get a chance to kick him when we play them.

hibsbollah
30-12-2010, 03:19 PM

:agree:I'd love all three to stay.

Captain Trips
30-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Riordan I agree, Bamba has his moments, Miller one of the best of a poor midfield.

Only 1 that would bother me is Deeks, Bamba maybe, Miller not bothered.

sesoim
30-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Riordan MUST stay.

Miller can go, as he must be on hugh wages and I'm sure we can get a decent replacement with the same money.

I'd keep Bamba if was going to play CM. But as CB, he makes too many mistakes. And his attitude stinks.