PDA

View Full Version : It Should Be Obvious...........

midlothianhibby
30-12-2010, 12:41 PM
to any of the playing/ coaching staff last night that the supporters feed of the efforts of the players.

The first half last night was an utter shambles, and the lack of energy and effort, combined with the obvious lack of confidence, made us look like relegation certainties.

However, a second half performance that was full of drive, effort & determination, had the fans backing the players all the way, and in turn, the players confidence and hunger was quickly restored.

IMO I think we have enough quality to pull away from our current predicament but only if the players maintain the same levels of drive and determination.

Every one of us would have given anything to be considered good enough to play for our team, so while most will forgive the odd off-day or certain deficiencies, there is no way that fans will sit back and accept a lack of desire and effort.

If the players take heed they will find themselves being backed to the hilt for the rest of the season, and I have no doubt that we will climb back up the table.

If we can take the second half performance into the 1st minute on Saturday, who just knows what will happen?

nickwhibs
30-12-2010, 12:50 PM
to any of the playing/ coaching staff last night that the supporters feed of the efforts of the players.

The first half last night was an utter shambles, and the lack of energy and effort, combined with the obvious lack of confidence, made us look like relegation certainties.

However, a second half performance that was full of drive, effort & determination, had the fans backing the players all the way, and in turn, the players confidence and hunger was quickly restored.

IMO I think we have enough quality to pull away from our current predicament but only if the players maintain the same levels of drive and determination.

Every one of us would have given anything to be considered good enough to play for our team, so while most will forgive the odd off-day or certain deficiencies, there is no way that fans will sit back and accept a lack of desire and effort.

If the players take heed they will find themselves being backed to the hilt for the rest of the season, and I have no doubt that we will climb back up the table.

If we can take the second half performance into the 1st minute on Saturday, who just knows what will happen?

:top marks