PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Bamba

Wee Scottie Dug
30-12-2010, 11:57 AM
According to BBC .....

'Leicester City are in talks with Hibs to sign Sol Bamba in a £200,000 deal when the January transfer window opens. (Daily Express)'

Hope the LC scouts were there last night to witness his insipid first half display !!

greenginger
30-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Did Sven plan all this when he dropped Bamba from the Ivory Coast team so he could get him on the cheap. :wink:

GreenPJ
30-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Make it £250K and after 7th Jan and they have a deal.

H18sry
30-12-2010, 12:18 PM
So £200,000 for Bamba and £250,000 for Riordan that'll give the manager a great transfer budget :rolleyes:

Mikey_1875
30-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Shows how far he has deteriorated as not so long ago there was how many million will he go for. the whole back line needs started again so wouldnt be upset. would like to think we could squeeze 100k more for him though.

stokesmessiah
30-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Report today in The Star saying that Hibs & Leicester are locked in talks over a 200k deal for Bamba.

Is this likely and thoughts on the fee "quoted" ?

Hibbyradge
30-12-2010, 12:50 PM
If his deal finishes in June, we can't expect a huge fee, unless there are several clubs desperate for his services.

The same applies to Deek.

Simon70
30-12-2010, 12:51 PM
The Express and the Star often use the same sports stories word for word, just with different headlines (the are both owned by Richard "Dirty" Desmond).

If I read in the Express what day it was, I'd still check a calendar.

Hibs Class
30-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Selling players in a January window for a seven figure fee makes some sense. Selling the likes of Bamba or Riordan for around £200k each would be madness and make no financial sense.

BEEJ
30-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Did Sven plan all this when he dropped Bamba from the Ivory Coast team so he could get him on the cheap. :wink:
Well spotted. :greengrin

Some January bargain hunting going on methinks.

stokesmessiah
30-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Selling players in a January window for a seven figure fee makes some sense. Selling the likes of Bamba or Riordan for around £200k each would be madness and make no financial sense.

I understand what your saying but surely its only madness if there is nothing lined up?

And before ppl jump on my case i am not defending selling anyone !

However, if we sold Bamba & Deek for 400k and CC brought in a no-nonsense CH and someone who can bang in the goals it would suddenly look like a stroke of genius no?

J-C
30-12-2010, 01:03 PM
So £200,000 for Bamba and £250,000 for Riordan that'll give the manager a great transfer budget :rolleyes:

And you think CC is going to get a bucket load of money to spend, think on, it's Rod we're talking about here.

J-C
30-12-2010, 01:03 PM

Better £400,000 than sod all in June.

Booked4Being-Ugly
30-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Better £400,000 than sod all in June.Unless we get relegated for not replacing a 15 goal a season striker (Riordan) with someone with equal ability. Same goes with Bamba, as he's the best CH we have at the moment.

Jim44
30-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Selling Riordan and Bamba for £400K in January is suicidal.

lucky
30-12-2010, 01:49 PM
£400k is probably what they are worth given that their contracts run out in June. If they both want to go its a cert Rod will cash in. For me its madness to let them go when our league status in not guaranteed.

bingo70
30-12-2010, 01:52 PM
£400k is probably what they are worth given that their contracts run out in June. If they both want to go its a cert Rod will cash in. For me its madness to let them go when our league status in not guaranteed.

In fairness, rod has a history of not selling in January unless the manager gives it the ok.

He could have cashed in on Fletcher, Boozy, Jones and Riordan nefore he joined celtic in January so i don't think it's the dead cert you make it out to be.

Alfred E Newman
30-12-2010, 01:53 PM
I understand what your saying but surely its only madness if there is nothing lined up?

And before ppl jump on my case i am not defending selling anyone !

However, if we sold Bamba & Deek for 400k and CC brought in a no-nonsense CH and someone who can bang in the goals it would suddenly look like a stroke of genius no?

But we already have someone who can bang in the goals.:confused:

Hibernia Na Eir
30-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Please let this be true!

Grizz
30-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Unless Calderwood wants shot of them, I think I'd rather retain for the fight ahead and lose them for nowt in the summer tbh....

Keith_M
30-12-2010, 02:13 PM

Am I being a bit thick or are you being sarcastic? (or both)

Keith_M
30-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Same goes with Bamba, as he's the best CH we have at the moment.

Which goes to show what a terrible state we're in.

truehibernian
30-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Which goes to show what a terrible state we're in.

The one thing that makes Sol our best centre half is that after an error, in general, he doesn't dwell on it and his game comes on. Made a calamitous error yesterday, yet for the next 89 minutes looked solid enough. Dickoh and Sol have/had the makings of a very good partnership. It's our full backs that let the defence down by their lack of pace, lack of closing down, and lack of judgement. I do often judge Hanlon harshly however yesterday give him his due he looked solid, took the ball and ran down the line and offered himself a lot more than Hart. Would still like to see our full backs close down the space for the attacker to cross or run into. Yes there is a danger that you commit yourself, but that is where judgement comes in (and pace to rectify it).

Sol is by an absolute country mile our best centre half. Has pace, power, athleticism and hates to lose.

Brads Laing
30-12-2010, 03:03 PM
I would gladly take £200,000 for Bamba. He is a bombscare. He was for most of last season and proved it again last night. He thinks he is world class but IMHO he isn't even close to the best centre half in Scotland. He is also a bad influence in the changing room from what i've heard so i would gladly get rid of him.

Leicester Fan
30-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Is he any good?

Dunbar Hibee
30-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Wouldn't be particularly sad if he left. Time to give Stephens a shot.

Dub
30-12-2010, 03:36 PM

And hopefully still will have (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9328411.stm)

offshorehibby
30-12-2010, 03:47 PM
While Bamba is one off the better players we have at the club and as somebody above said he recovers his confidence after he makes a mistake. I don't think he he's the best team player. Players seem to loose confidence round him 'i think'.
If we could get in the big no nonsense CH we all crave, i'd let Bamba go if it brings in money for CC to spend.

Unless Duffy starts banging in goals between now and may and we can bring in another goal scorer then i'd keep Riordan.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2010, 03:49 PM
And hopefully still will have (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9328411.stm)

They are giving me everything. :lips seal:lips seal:tee hee:

Diclonius
30-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Sadly, if these offers are put in, the board will sell. And sadly, to top it all off, Calderwood will be lucky to see any of that money go toward new players.

hibsbollah
30-12-2010, 03:53 PM
The one thing that makes Sol our best centre half is that after an error, in general, he doesn't dwell on it and his game comes on. Made a calamitous error yesterday, yet for the next 89 minutes looked solid enough. Dickoh and Sol have/had the makings of a very good partnership. It's our full backs that let the defence down by their lack of pace, lack of closing down, and lack of judgement.

I totally agree with all of that:top marks

aljo7-0
30-12-2010, 03:56 PM
We might not get all the money anyway from a sale of Bamba. I know that Dunfermline have a 20% sell on agreed but what I don't know is if it kicks in on any sale funds we receive or only funds over what we paid for him from Dunfy (the latter I imagine but I never thought to ask that at the time)

Cropley10
30-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Is he any good?

Far too good for youse.

He's needed in Edinburgh til May.

Please can you pass this on.

Hibee Daz
30-12-2010, 04:06 PM

It's great news that CC wants Deek to stay and I think whole we'll wait and see what happens in January thing is down to possibly freeing up some funds to offer Deek an improved deal!
As for CC's statement in that the players are giving their all and that it is actually himself that has to do more, I find it a wee bit of a strange one. I know he's trying to shield the players from flak but he's fooling nobody, as this group of players seriously need to improve or we're ****ed, at least last night we showed signs of a desire to do better!

offshorehibby
30-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Sadly, if these offers are put in, the board will sell. And sadly, to top it all off, Calderwood will be lucky to see any of that money go toward new players.

The board have proved several times in the past they wont sell if it's for the good of the team.

greenlex
30-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Correct as it will go to the £2Million losses we are having year on year.
Calderwood will however have two of the bigger wages freed up to spend on either loan players till the summer or permanent signings. Riordan would almost be irreplaceable on that money (and that is why he can earn more elswhere and he will ultimately end up) Bmaba however should be able to be replaced on with someone decent.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Is he any good?

He is a good defender, with quite a lot of pace and very strong in the tackle.

However he is prone to the occasional lapse in concentration and can be a bit of a liability at times.

Would rather keep him than lose him though.

wpj
30-12-2010, 08:05 PM
I would gladly take £200,000 for Bamba. He is a bombscare. He was for most of last season and proved it again last night. He thinks he is world class but IMHO he isn't even close to the best centre half in Scotland. He is also a bad influence in the changing room from what i've heard so i would gladly get rid of him.

Care to share? Hear a lot about bad influences in the changing room at the moment, interested in what that means

H18Y GW
31-12-2010, 06:28 AM

Well said,he is torture.

Sven will need to check leicester are safe before letting him loose.

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2010, 11:06 AM
He is a good defender, with quite a lot of pace and very strong in the tackle.

However he is prone to the occasional lapse in concentration and can be a bit of a liability at times.

Would rather keep him than lose him though.

He can be quick and strong in the tackle, but makes too many simple errors and marking at crosses is a big weakness...... Hate the way he blames everyone else around him too......

Beefster
31-12-2010, 11:21 AM
He can be quick and strong in the tackle, but makes too many simple errors and marking at crosses is a big weakness...... Hate the way he blames everyone else around him too......

To be fair, if he didn't have any weaknesses, he wouldn't have been at Hibs for long.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2010, 11:36 AM
i would trust the manager on the future of both these players. TBH us without Deeks and Bamba just now is near unthinkable, but if they do leave, it needs a united front from boss and chairman. When Stokes went to Celtc, it was a different story every other day.

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd let Bamba go now, and Riordan too. We are well covered in both departments, Nish can come in up front, and Hogg can slip in at the back. I'm sure the transformation would be smooth, and we wouldn't know they have gone.

Green_one
31-12-2010, 12:34 PM
The board have proved several times in the past they wont sell if it's for the good of the team.

I thought we were talking about the Hibs board. :confused:

The Hibs board will sell anyone, anytime, if it suites finances.

They have less and less worth selling.

aberhibsfc
31-12-2010, 12:43 PM
I'd let Bamba go now, and Riordan too. We are well covered in both departments, Nish can come in up front, and Hogg can slip in at the back. I'm sure the transformation would be smooth, and we wouldn't know they have gone.

Joke?

GreenGiant1875
31-12-2010, 01:03 PM

Aye into the first division.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Joke?

What do you think? :wink:

Aye into the first division.:greengrin

I don't think we will go down,:pray: if i did I'd be snapping up the 14/1 on offer. Whats clear though, is we need major surgery, no player is safe from the chop.

Dub
31-12-2010, 02:32 PM

Gritty humour in the face of adversity. Nice one:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Hearing that SB is having a medical at Leicester Today as they are preparing a bid for him......

Doubt he will be in starting 11 tomorrow, but never say never

Bostonhibby
31-12-2010, 04:24 PM

:agree: and use the cash to fund Riordans new deal rather than directors fees oR soft bog roll for EM!

Bostonhibby
31-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Is he any good?

Was at Leicester's 1-0 against Preston a couple of months back and I thought you defended really well, not convinced the Bamba we currently have would add much, he thinks he is brilliant though so we will have the money please.

ancienthibby
31-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Hearing that SB is having a medical at Leicester Today as they are preparing a bid for him......

Surely the bid has to be in and accepted, before personal terms and medicals get on the agenda??:agree:

Bostonhibby
31-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Surely the bid has to be in and accepted, before personal terms and medicals get on the agenda??:agree:

Aye, but it only take Rod a nano second to ring up the sale on his Arkwright style cash register!

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2010, 04:37 PM

Maybe bid was agreed?

ancienthibby
31-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Maybe bid was agreed?

Erm, we're no in the transfer windae just yet.:bitchy:

PaulSmith
31-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Another one of the better players at Easter Road away then.

Golden Bear
31-12-2010, 04:45 PM
He'll be a big miss as he's one of the very few players we have who has a bit pace.

Dunfermline will also be due their cut so we're not talking about a mega boost to CC's transfer kitty.

offshorehibby
31-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Erm, we're no in the transfer windae just yet.:bitchy:

Nothing to stop both clubs (if true) talking to each other. It only means he could not sign till the window opens

ancienthibby
31-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Nothing to stop both clubs (if true) talking to each other. It only means he could not sign till the window opens

Aye, I ken that!

BUT, having a medical BEFORE the windae opens??

Think not!:brickwall:

bigwheel
31-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Aye, I ken that!

Er, why not...if both clubs have agreed deal. Why would he not be down there getting the medical sorted.....

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Aye, I ken that!

No reason why not. It's the registration that is restricted to the window.

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Aye, I ken that!

Only relating to the board what I was told. Thought it might be of interest. Suppose the proof of the pudding will be if Bamba starts at lunchtime tomorrow or not?

Leicester Fan
31-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Was at Leicester's 1-0 against Preston a couple of months back and I thought you defended really well, not convinced the Bamba we currently have would add much, he thinks he is brilliant though so we will have the money please.

Trouble is we have Curtis Davis on loan and he's likely to go back to Villa or be sold in Jan. We are in the market for a CH. Especially if he's not afraid of the physical side of the game.

scoopyboy
31-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Only relating to the board what I was told. Thought it might be of interest. Suppose the proof of the pudding will be if Bamba starts at lunchtime tomorrow or not?

Or his now customary throwing of his shirt into us at the end of the game and waving goodbye. Unless it is 100% cut and dried I think he will play.

He deals with Kyle as effectively as anybody in the SPL.

BSEJVT
31-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Whilst an on form and concentrating Bamba is undoubtedly one of our best players, the one I have witnessed recently is neither on form or concentrating.

His disrespect for the club, fans and team mates is well documented.

The culture change at ER needs to start somewhere, sometime and if that supposed £200,000 were to pay even the loan wages of 2 or 3 players to augment the squad until the end of the season and keep us in the SPL (what an ambition!) and send a message to the other malcontents and non triers, I would bite their hand off.

I fully expect to get shot down in flames for this, so for the avoidance of all doubt if Hibs were to accept a similar deal for Riordan I would be furious!

I think we can sell the current Bamba and replace him and not see too much of a loss.

I dont think anything like the same can be said about Riordan.

The fact that he has made and scored most of his own goals this season would entirely disprove that he could be so easily replaced.

500miles
31-12-2010, 05:26 PM
The only player Hibs have to worry about losing is Zemmama. Everyone else is replaceable.

Sammy7nil
31-12-2010, 05:41 PM
The only player Hibs have to worry about losing is Zemmama. Everyone else is replaceable.

Whilst Zemmama is obviously a very good player he flits in and out of games and has NOWHERE near the impact Deek does count their goals and assists. deek also played wide left when scoring lots Zemmama wide right had about 50% of the impact.

Sorry I want to keep them both but Deek is the irreplacable one.

RickyS
31-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Whilst Zemmama is obviously a very good player he flits in and out of games and has NOWHERE near the impact Deek does count their goals and assists. deek also played wide left when scoring lots Zemmama wide right had about 50% of the impact.

couldn't agree more mate, where would we be without him this season? well adrift at the foot I would think

Albion Hibs
31-12-2010, 06:02 PM

I heard the same thing this morning. I think the deal must be sorted with a view to the medical being the only outstanding condition.

There is no way in the world he will start or even feature on the bench for us tomorrow.

Mary Hinge
31-12-2010, 07:04 PM
The Bamba deal appears to be earning the Club nearer to £500,000.

Source ? I'm no' tellin' :greengrin

Billy Whizz
31-12-2010, 07:13 PM
I heard the same thing this morning. I think the deal must be sorted with a view to the medical being the only outstanding condition.

There is no way in the world he will start or even feature on the bench for us tomorrow.

So Hogg at centre half tomorrow?

MontrealHibs
31-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Nah Colin is going to play himself... surely a better option with the form Hoggy is in at the moment! :-)

PaulSmith
31-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Brilliant again Hibs. £500k, take it as fast as we can and who cares what the result is tomorrow. Thanks Rod, I suppose you'll try to tell us again "that no player is sold without the managers blessing".

So we'll either have Hanlon being rag dolled again for 90 mins or Hogg back in the middle. Thank F I'm just about to hammer into litres of vodka and Budweiser

Albion Hibs
31-12-2010, 07:30 PM
So Hogg at centre half tomorrow?

Dont know what he will do. We do have options, Hanlon with Grounds back in at Left back, Grounds at CH, Murray or Thicot even. Would not fancy Stephens getting his first start in that game, but again that is his position so another option.

delbert
31-12-2010, 07:34 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but throughout Zemmama's less than prolific whole career at Easter Road, that's pretty much what we have had to do for about 90% of the time, as he has been a no show for varying reasons during that time. How the hell can a player who does'nt actually play be irreplaceable? Sorry but irreplaceable is a player who bangs in 20 plus goals a season for us every season when he is at the club. We got rid of the alkie/gambler to Celtc at the end of last season, and is it a coincidence that goals have been almost as rare as hens teeth, other than from one source?

Right now Riordan is irreplaceable, and Zemmama is a luxury player, and only time will tell if we can afford him, a cracking player, but if he can hang around for more than 10 games a season, it would be a start.

offshorehibby
31-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Could he sneak Booth in at LB and blind side everybody

500miles
31-12-2010, 07:58 PM

Derek Riordan's position in this years goalscoring charts suggest that he is very replacable.

Our struggle to show any sort of midfield creativity without him under Mixu AND Yogi suggests that Zemmama is very difficult indeed to replace. Otherwise we would have.

hibsbollah
31-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Derek Riordan's position in this years goalscoring charts suggest that he is very replacable.

Our struggle to show any sort of midfield creativity without him under Mixu AND Yogi suggests that Zemmama is very difficult indeed to replace. Otherwise we would have.

Arguing about who is more replaceable between our two most skilful players is a waste of time IMO. Sorry to be 'happy clappy'ish but i'm 100% behind all of them for the next 24 hours, even big Colin, John Rankin andChris Hogg, theyre all worldbeaters:greengrin

:flag::flag::flag:

down-the-slope
31-12-2010, 08:11 PM
£500K if true (probably with add on etc?) would be graet business given time of contract left etc. While he is great at his best...we have seen far too many basic errors and his head may be elsewhere already....

Problem we have is that we are short of right footed CH's without him :rolleyes:

Other than Hogg - we would all need the Ne'er day drink if thats what happens :boo hoo:

.Sean.
01-01-2011, 03:10 AM
cba reeding the thread but hes not starting tomorrow. Dickoh and murray at ch so im told

Calvin
01-01-2011, 03:18 AM
cba reeding the thread but hes not starting tomorrow. Dickoh and murray at ch so im told

Pretty happy with that to be honest.

ScottB
01-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Heard some interesting stuff tonight.

1. Sheffield Wednesday are in for him, either pre contract or January transfer.

2. The sell on clause with Dunfermline has now expired.

Dashing Bob S
01-01-2011, 07:59 AM
I heard that Bamba was a card-carrying member of the Hitler back in the crumbling days of the Wiemar Republic.

Disturbing if true.

H18Y GW
01-01-2011, 08:04 AM

Zoomer is what our season hinges on , if he is fit and playing were playing,Deek will always score win or lose, zemmama turns potential loss's into draws and wins with his presence on the pitch .

Riordan's playing as to whether HIbs win or not isn't an issue,although ive no doubt he helps,look at Zemmama's it's way different.

MontrealHibs
01-01-2011, 09:19 AM
If Bamba does go... I for one would be keen to see us sign John Potter from St Mirren. Not sure how much he would cost (he's the club captain is he not?).

He always looks pretty solid.

Of course back in dreamland we sell Bamba and re-sign Rob Jones :aok:

SteveHFC
01-01-2011, 09:21 AM
If Bamba does go... I for one would be keen to see us sign John Potter from St Mirren. Not sure how much he would cost (he's the club captain is he not?).

He always looks pretty solid.

Of course back in dreamland we sell Bamba and re-sign Rob Jones :aok:

I would like to see us sign Zander Diamond to replace Bamba if he goes.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2011, 09:23 AM
I would like to see us sign Zander Diamond to replace Bamba if he goes.

Diamond is well past his best IMO......

Maybe a chance to blood Stephens in a few games at centre half?

George Clooney
01-01-2011, 09:25 AM
3 facts from my sources...

Middlesboro have asked about the availability of Zemmama.

Bamba is definitely going to Leicester and will not play today.

Liam Miller hasn't yet signed a pre-contract with anyone, but his agent is touting him everywhere.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2011, 09:47 AM
:wink:Bamba in January page of calendar, the curse strikes again.....

And whilst I remember, Bamba, wanted by PSG, Liverpool, Blackburn, now Leicester

A legend in his own mind

zlatan
01-01-2011, 10:01 AM
This club dies the day Sol leaves.

Gala Foxes
01-01-2011, 10:05 AM

Time for a reality check - Hibernian have had hundreds of excellent players more dedicated & skilled than this deluded mercenary

zlatan
01-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Time for a reality check - Hibernian have had hundreds of excellent players more dedicated & skilled than this deluded mercenary

It dies, ok! And not just of anything long term like AIDS or something, it just gets twatted by a bus at 70mph and burst into little bits.

:boohoosmileything:

hibee92
01-01-2011, 10:09 AM

:faf:

IWasThere2016
01-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Whilst an on form and concentrating Bamba is undoubtedly one of our best players, the one I have witnessed recently is neither on form or concentrating.

The culture change at ER needs to start somewhere, sometime and if that supposed £200,000 were to pay even the loan wages of 2 or 3 players to augment the squad until the end of the season and keep us in the SPL (what an ambition!) and send a message to the other malcontents and non triers, I would bite their hand off.

I fully expect to get shot down in flames for this, so for the avoidance of all doubt if Hibs were to accept a similar deal for Riordan I would be furious!

I think we can sell the current Bamba and replace him and not see too much of a loss.

The fact that he has made and scored most of his own goals this season would entirely disprove that he could be so easily replaced.

Outstanding post IMHO :agree:

marinello59
01-01-2011, 10:50 AM

Who would disagree with that?
Doesn't change the fact that if he wants a last big pay day there is little Hibs can do to keep him.

Cracker
01-01-2011, 10:50 AM
No more Worries then:greengrin Not playing today on flight to new club.:agree:

IWasThere2016
01-01-2011, 10:54 AM

RP's sanctioned medicals before selling previously as once the player's passed he can put the price up.

WhileTheChief..
01-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Just been on the radio that's he's passed the medical and just to agree personal terms. Defo not playing today.

RickyS
01-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Just been on the radio that's he's passed the medical and just to agree personal terms. Defo not playing today.

what station? and agreed terms with who?

MontrealHibs
01-01-2011, 11:27 AM
According to SSN he is set to play.

hibiedude
01-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Teletex saying he's in Leicester this morning

SonOfTortolano
01-01-2011, 11:37 AM
:bye: On BBC website now...

RickyS
01-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Teletex saying he's in Leicester this morning

BBC says he has passed medical

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9332096.stm

hibiedude
01-01-2011, 11:40 AM
BBC says he has passed medical

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9332096.stm

Teletex stating he's in Leicester but we'll soon find out

BSEJVT
01-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Who would disagree with that?
Doesn't change the fact that if he wants a last big pay day there is little Hibs can do to keep him.

Sorry,

We are at cross purposes

I dont think he will be at ER next season for the very reasons you have stated and have said so on another thread.

I blame neither Hibs nor Derek for that likely outcome.

I do however think that it would be absolute madness to sell him now

Franck Stanton
01-01-2011, 12:04 PM
12.00 - Sat 01.01.2011 - just on radio that Bamba has just passed medical wilt Leister and will be signing deal with them. Good news? Bad news?

SonOfTortolano
01-01-2011, 12:05 PM
According to www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk

hibiedude
01-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Just people stating what is being printed via media outlets :wink:

HH81
01-01-2011, 12:06 PM
ESPN has just said he is away.

SonOfTortolano
01-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Me included...........

jdships
01-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Going to Leicester makes sense , for him, I suppose.
Sven-Göran Eriksson was Ivory Ciast Head Coach at the World Cup and therefore both know each other .

Time to move on :flag:

Leicester Fan
01-01-2011, 12:19 PM
According to www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/Sven-Goran-Eriksson-lines-crucial-deals-Leicester-City/article-3055287-detail/article.html

stoneyburn hibs
01-01-2011, 12:20 PM
good riddance to bamba, hopefully cc spends the fee wisely in replacing him

Captain Trips
01-01-2011, 12:25 PM
good riddance to bamba, hopefully cc spends the fee wisely in replacing him

I dont get this, I am up for a clearout but starting with the dross, Bamba is no world beater but is better than most midfielders/defenders at club. In the unlikely chance CC sees the fee it should be used to help keep the only 2 or 3 players left at the club worth keeping.

IMO losing Bamba is not a positive.

northgreen24
01-01-2011, 12:30 PM
I am a RP fan but was it nessesary to offload one of your better defenders, I know he is crap sometimes but on his day the best we have.

RP just loves to go to the bank after the bank holiday to deposit some cash:greengrin

says to the cashier " miss me "

zlatan
01-01-2011, 12:31 PM
You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

Captain Trips
01-01-2011, 12:33 PM
You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

I certainly do, one of our better players I fear.

lucky
01-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Clearly wanted a move. Hibs are well covered at CH with others. Bamba on his day is excellent but as we have seen recently his concentration is not on the job as such is a liability. But does make you laugh when some on here thought we get £5m+ before the WC now we get £250k .

ScottB
01-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Looking forward to the deluge of posts blaming Rod for this.

Presumably those people will picture Bamba, crying out, tears running down his face, desperately clinging to the door at East Mains, screaming 'Please Rod! Don't sell meeeee!'

Bamba wants out and has for a long time. Better we sell him now and use the cash to bring in a player or two who actually wants to be at the club, rather than keep someone who doesn't want to be here for 6 months then lose him for nothing.

marinello59
01-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Looking forward to the deluge of posts blaming Rod for this.

Presumably those people will picture Bamba, crying out, tears running down his face, desperately clinging to the door at East Mains, screaming 'Please Rod! Don't sell meeeee!'

Bamba wants out and has for a long time. Better we sell him now and use the cash to bring in a player or two who actually wants to be at the club, rather than keep someone who doesn't want to be here for 6 months then lose him for nothing.

The usual suspects will be out in force soon enough.

KeithTheHibby
01-01-2011, 02:44 PM
You have got to question why the club allowed their best defender to leave the club when we are clearly in a relegation battle.

Cropley10
01-01-2011, 02:48 PM
You have got to question why the club allowed their best defender to leave the club when we are clearly in a relegation battle.

It will clearly have been done in consultation with the manager, and deemed to be in the best interests of the Club and the Player.

Another opportunity for Sir Rod to take the praise for another cracking piece of business, you can't say he doesn't know how to time these things and get great value for a player.

matty_f
01-01-2011, 02:52 PM
We have to assume that calderwood was happy for him to go, we'd have kept him otherwise. Maybe he feels that we have cover or that he can use that wage to improve the side elsewhere.

The squad needs a complete overhaul, bamba, as good as he is, had played in a defence that has kept something like 4 or 5 clean sheets throughout 2010.

personally, I'd have tried to keep bamba but I'm ultimately not responsible for shaping the squad. Cc has to do that, and he'll live or die on decisions like this one.

The_Todd
01-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Why was he allowed to go? Because his mind hasn't been on the job since last summer.

matty_f
01-01-2011, 02:53 PM
It will clearly have been done in consultation with the manager, and deemed to be in the best interests of the Club and the Player.

Another opportunity for Sir Rod to take the praise for another cracking piece of business, you can't say he doesn't know how to time these things and get great value for a player.

what is it they say about sarcasm being the lowest form of wit?

Cropley10
01-01-2011, 02:58 PM
what is it they say about sarcasm being the lowest form of wit?

True. But hard to disagree with the sentiment.

This isn't good news, no matter how anyone tries to spin it...

IF we were to go and buy/loan a big solid English CH from Div 1 or the CCC then fine, but once again quality leaves, to be replaced with ?

Madness. And I'm not bothered by his off field demeanour

PaulSmith
01-01-2011, 03:00 PM
We have to assume that calderwood was happy for him to go, we'd have kept him otherwise. Maybe he feels that we have cover or that he can use that wage to improve the side elsewhere.

The squad needs a complete overhaul, bamba, as good as he is, had played in a defence that has kept something like 4 or 5 clean sheets throughout 2010.

personally, I'd have tried to keep bamba but I'm ultimately not responsible for shaping the squad. Cc has to do that, and he'll live or die on decisions like this one.
Matty, I can't believe that you still believe that players go on the say so of the manager.

matty_f
01-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Matty, I can't believe that you still believe that players go on the say so of the manager.

Paul, I look back at what has happened before. We could have sold fletcher, brown, jones, boozy long before we did and kept them because the manager wanted them kept. That's fact.

The stuff about petrie selling players from under the manager's feet has no foundation other than enough folk say it until people believe it.

PaulSmith
01-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Paul, I look back at what has happened before. We could have sold fletcher, brown, jones, boozy long before we did and kept them because the manager wanted them kept. That's fact.

The stuff about petrie selling players from under the manager's feet has no foundation other than enough folk say it until people believe it.

Hi Colin, listen we've had an offer for our best centre half, I know it's a few hours before the derby but could you survive without him. Don't worry that you've spent all week setting up the team with sol in it.

matty_f
01-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi Colin, listen we've had an offer for our best centre half, I know it's a few hours before the derby but could you survive without him. Don't worry that you've spent all week setting up the team with sol in it.

say it enough and people will believe it.

petrie could have sold the players I mentioned before they left, why didn't he?

ScottB
01-01-2011, 03:53 PM

How the hell do you know?

This idea that Petrie flogs the players without even speaking to the manager is Grade A bull.

Bamba wanted out. End of. Can we stop this bleating about 'selling quality,' we don't have a choice when the player has made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to be here on numerous occasions. That's not bloody Petrie's fault, CC's fault or anybody else's.

He has hardly been outstanding and just last week cost us a goal, yet of course he is one of the players who gets a blank cheque from folk on here to be mince without attracting 20 page long threads of abuse. He'd be going in the summer regardless, better we sell him now and use that cash to bring in players who actually want to be at the club, or use the cash to secure new contracts for players who actually want to be at the club, like Riordan.

Spike Mandela
01-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Hibs are the e-bay of World Football.

No surprise that we are first team in SPL to move a player out.:devil:

Davy Mac
01-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Why was he allowed to go? Because his mind hasn't been on the job since last summer.

Why is it always Hibs players?

Bamba is irrelevant IMO, we continue as a club to have unhappy players year in year out, always looking for bigger and better things.

When Hibs are recruiting do we promote the idea of wanting to bugger off or you'll get your move when the time is right?

Don't say it's about cash because there are other clubs in the SPL who pay less but you never hear them moaning and whining like our lot do.

Do you think fattie boom boom at *********** sells the fudleys as a stepping stone to the big time? - does he heck.

For me, I've always supported the club in their selling policy to bring down the debt etc - great, smashing at least it's now under control but one thing is for sure RP is not done yet with his appetite to sell at the time he sees approriate irrespective of the fallout it causes with the fans.

I'm tired of it to be honest, nothing but heart ache.

new malkyhib
01-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Why is it always Hibs players?

Bamba is irrelevant IMO, we continue as a club to have unhappy players year in year out, always looking for bigger and better things.

When Hibs are recruiting do we promote the idea of wanting to bugger off or you'll get your move when the time is right?

Don't say it's about cash because there are other clubs in the SPL who pay less but you never hear them moaning and whining like our lot do.

Do you think fattie boom boom at *********** sells the fudleys as a stepping stone to the big time? - does he heck.

For me, I've always supported the club in their selling policy to bring down the debt etc - great, smashing at least it's now under control but one thing is for sure RP is not done yet with his appetite to sell at the time he sees approriate irrespective of the fallout it causes with the fans.

I'm tired of it to be honest, nothing but heart ache.

And therein lies the problem at Easter Road. Do you think he'll be held accountable (pun intended) if we go down though? Or will he continue to do just as he pleases from his ivory tower? I know what option's my money's on...

fife hfc
01-01-2011, 06:28 PM
I dont get this, I am up for a clearout but starting with the dross, Bamba is no world beater but is better than most midfielders/defenders at club. In the unlikely chance CC sees the fee it should be used to help keep the only 2 or 3 players left at the club worth keeping.

IMO losing Bamba is not a positive.

:agree: This is a very bad move by us imho and I fear for us and our fight for survival.

muirhousehibby
01-01-2011, 06:35 PM

yeah i'd rather sell a player and make money of his sale which could then hopefully(fingers crossed)be used to enhance the team. Than keep a half hearted player who's not to fussed about were we end up end of season cause he's away on a feebie to england.:agree:

erin go bragh
01-01-2011, 06:36 PM
to be fair i thought hanlon and dickio pretty much strolled through the game.
GGTTH

Spike Mandela
01-01-2011, 09:12 PM
GGTTH

For 86 mins at least.

Badge
01-01-2011, 09:18 PM
GGTTH

IMO Hanlon is the best defender we have and will continue to get better.
If we can sign a big dirty no nonsense right footed centre half to play beside him we will have a very good player on our hands.
It would be a bonus of the big centre half was also a leader, organiser and could be captain.

stokesmessiah
01-01-2011, 09:46 PM
]I would like to see us sign Zander Diamond to replace Bamba if he goes[/B].

Are you taking the P???

Zander Diamond, totally guff defender and someone the DOns fans would love to get rid of!!! Tell me why you want to sign him???

frazeHFC
22-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Well done big Sol, has 2 goals so far in Leicester's match with Millwall. :thumbsup:

3 goals in 4 matches for him since his move down South, shows our delivery must just have been terrible.....

Delboy4
22-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Bamba scores TWO..! FFS

sven nil
22-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Thats

Bamba, Stokes, Morais, Antoin-Courier all scoring. any others?

Liam89
22-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Why ":thumbsup:"? He has just clearly shown that he couldnae be arsed at hibs and is now proving that he can actually play? :rolleyes:

Dalianwanda
22-01-2011, 04:48 PM
:agree:
Why ":thumbsup:"? He has just clearly shown that he couldnae be arsed at hibs and is now proving that he can actually play? :rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
22-01-2011, 04:48 PM

...........or the lack of quality around him brought him down to Hibs level.

Gatecrasher
22-01-2011, 04:49 PM

I'm_cabbaged
22-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Thats

Donaldson.

7Hero
22-01-2011, 04:50 PM

exactly !

why the adoratin for a guy who clearly from the minute he arrived was trying to punt himself anywhere else, not interested at all in him being a success, good riddance..

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Thats

Clayon Donaldson scored for crew aswell.

Storar
22-01-2011, 04:54 PM
exactly !

why the adoratin for a guy who clearly from the minute he arrived was trying to punt himself anywhere else, not interested at all in him being a success, good riddance..

The guy was one of the very few quality players we had and he was brought down a level or two by the pish he was surrounded by. Like Mark Brown, he unfortunately arrived a few years too late.
He's a class player and I hope he goes on to be a huge success

Dashing Bob S
22-01-2011, 04:57 PM
exactly !

He's such a rogue. There he is, desperate to punt himself from Leicester already, and get a transfer into the premiership.

No loyalty.

If his performances tailed off at ER, it was probably cause of his sore back - carrying the mugs in the defence around him.

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 05:03 PM
He's such a rogue. There he is, desperate to punt himself from Leicester already, and get a transfer into the premiership.

No loyalty.

If his performances tailed off at ER, it was probably cause of his sore back - carrying the mugs in the defence around him.

yeah he was fantastic against D Utd in 2 - 2 game :confused:

Spike Mandela
22-01-2011, 05:04 PM
yeah he was fantastic against D Utd in 2 - 2 game :confused:

That would be the last game we actually got a point in wouldn't it:na na:

Sammy7nil
22-01-2011, 05:05 PM

Yeah great stuff well played Sol :bitchy:

GreenCastle
22-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Face it he was too good for us and would walk in our team right now.

He was involved at the World Cup - miles away from any of these players will ever end up.

Yes he had his moments but lets not be bitter as he saved us many a time.

He would be in the EPL by now if he was more consistent that's why Sven has taken a chance with him in a lower division.

If he carries on playing well he will be in the EPL before we know it.

Again a player who had useless players behind him (poor keepers) and defenders around him - don't blame him for moving on to get away from these losers.

Reaper
22-01-2011, 05:26 PM
The guy was one of the very few quality players we had and he was brought down a level or two by the pish he was surrounded by. Like Mark Brown, he unfortunately arrived a few years too late.

Totally agree with those bits but am sorry, the ***** proving he was one of the biggest wage thiefs at ER latterly. If he had given the effort and set an example as the class player he is, he would've given the whole team a lift.

Like Yogi said 'Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't wrok hard'

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 05:53 PM

Beefster
22-01-2011, 05:54 PM

He was consistently our best defender and often our best player. If that was him when he couldn't be arsed, what does that say about the rest of them?

Kaiser1962
22-01-2011, 05:55 PM
He was consistently our best defender and often our best player. If that was him when he couldn't be arsed, what does that say about the rest of them?

I think you answered that yourself Beefster :greengrin

libernian
22-01-2011, 06:13 PM
we got a sell on clause for the lad?

Hibs Class
22-01-2011, 06:14 PM

It was. Would have been three had he not been found wanting at the start and gifted them a goal.

Leicester Fan
22-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Two goals for us again today. Bargain of the season, thanks lads.:thumbsup:

Matty_Jack04
23-01-2011, 12:29 AM
is there two sol bamba's???

Big mans goin down a storm here's hoping for his sake he can keep his head screwed on and make a name for himself.

Maybe abit of egg on the faces of some bbc media pundits who constantly slated the guy at any oppertunity

Sir David Gray
23-01-2011, 01:09 AM
He's nearly scored as many goals, in two weeks at Leicester, as he managed in two and a half years with Hibs.

Sammy7nil
23-01-2011, 01:15 AM
He tried VERY Hard to miss both opportunities but somehow they got in to the net :greengrin Have a look on BBC tomorrow

Danderhall Hibs
23-01-2011, 01:19 AM
He tried VERY Hard to miss both opportunities but somehow they got in to the net :greengrin Have a look on BBC tomorrow

I saw them - 2 flukes!

Leicester Fan
23-01-2011, 12:45 PM

I saw them - 2 flukes!

Are those grapes a little sour?:greengrin

Ed De Gramo
23-01-2011, 12:46 PM

:top marks:top marks:top marks

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2011, 12:49 PM
We do like to hound our better players out the club. Jones, he's crap get out we are better without you. Bamba yer a bomb scare. Riordans next, we wont be happy until we have a team of Colin Nish and Edwin DeGraffs.:confused:

MSK
23-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Are those grapes a little sour?:greengrinGood luck to the guy, seems to have got off tae a flyer :aok:..however ..be prepared for a few heads in hands moments...they are sure tae happen ..:greengrin

Toaods
23-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I saw them - 2 flukes!

2 flukes in 3 games...wish we had a flukey bassa as lucky as that...:wink:

Bostonhibby
23-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Two goals for us again today. Bargain of the season, thanks lads.:thumbsup:

Aye, at this rate, he can only be another couple of performances and goals away from declaring himself bigger than Leicester, not showing up or putting in error and attitude strewn performances until he gets whatever he is after.
Not to mention the effect on those around him, you are welcome to him, enjoy it while it lasts, its all about Sol.

Danderhall Hibs
23-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Are those grapes a little sour?:greengrin

Not at all - good luck to the guy but he can't claim he meant them!

2 flukes in 3 games...wish we had a flukey bassa as lucky as that...:wink:

Definitely. And if he was a striker with luck like that it'd be brilliant.

hibeemarley
23-01-2011, 07:23 PM
anyone know if we had any sell on clauses with bamba? I hope so.

tamig
23-01-2011, 07:33 PM

Thought he showed he could play quite clearly while he was at ER. Bamba was another who had to suffer the expert opinions on here :rolleyes:

renato
23-01-2011, 07:56 PM

...........or the lack of quality around him brought him down to Hibs level.

Bit of both I think. Talented player who clearly was looking to move on as soon as the opportunity arose. We got some great performances and some erratic ones but over the piece, I'm glad we had him during Mixu's and early part of Yogi's reign.

We see lots of big, physical and pacey players getting snapped up by EPL teams and, as long as he has a decent 6-12 months at Leicester, don't be surprised if the likes of Blackburn, Bolton or Wigan start sniffing around (especially when he starts to tout himself).

There's no way we (Rod) will have sold at £250k without a sell on clause so lets hope he does well, pimps himself around and gets a big transfer :thumbsup:

Leicester Fan
05-02-2011, 11:06 AM
I thought you might be interested in this. I promise I won't keep bumping this thread anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BTQ7lZ_BhQ&feature=player_embedded

IWasThere2016
05-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Good luck tae him - just loves his Fife accent :thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
05-02-2011, 11:13 AM
"Sol, Sol, Bamba" Why didn't we think of that? Simples!

Too busy booing no doubt:devil:

superbam
05-02-2011, 12:06 PM
I thought you might be interested in this. I promise I won't keep bumping this thread anymore.

Quality. I think he was too good for us. Even when he apparently "couldnt be arsed" he was usually head and shoulders above the rest. He did make a few mistakes but often because all the players around him refused to take responsibility for starting an attack and passed the buck to him. Regardless of what he was saying off the pitch, I cannot remember a game where he did not give 100%. Fantastic player, hope he does well down south.

E.T. is a Hibee
05-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Four game wonder, only played well when he felt like it and cumbled every time he we he played at ***********!

Let's see what they Leicester fans think of him by say...... the end of March!!!

zlatan
05-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Four game wonder, only played well when he felt like it and cumbled every time he we he played at ***********!

Let's see what they Leicester fans think of him by say...... the end of March!!!

Go home

Bayern Bru
05-02-2011, 12:42 PM

ET is actually coming across more like a Yam these days....

hibsbollah
05-02-2011, 12:43 PM

Fantastic:top marks
Well done big man.

E.T. is a Hibee
05-02-2011, 12:46 PM
ET is actually coming across more like a Yam these days....

I cant help but feel that he wasn't that good for us and he wanted away asap, that's what I meant.

Sometimes though he did look good though, but then the ball would arrive at this feet and woosh he became gash!

Bayern Bru
05-02-2011, 12:52 PM
I cant help but feel that he wasn't that good for us and he wanted away asap, that's what I meant.

Sometimes though he did look good though, but then the ball would arrive at this feet and woosh he became gash!

Fair point. I certainly think he wanted away, from quite some time ago - believed his own hype about signing for Liverpool or Blackburn. But 4 game wonder is a bit much. Despite his apparent influence in the dressing room, we'd have been a lot worse off in some games without him.

Yes, he had a touch of the Jekyll and Hyde about him but then again most of the team do! :greengrin

GreenCastle
05-02-2011, 12:58 PM

:bitchy:

Must have been a good 4 games so that he could play for his country and then go to a World Cup :rolleyes:

E.T. is a Hibee
05-02-2011, 01:01 PM
:bitchy:

Must have been a good 4 games so that he could play for his country and then go to a World Cup :rolleyes:

Unfortunatly for hin he never got on the pitch at the WC, and by that I mean (in his mind) he never put himself in the shop window so he could get a big club!

GreenCastle
05-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Unfortunatly for hin he never got on the pitch at the WC, and by that I mean (in his mind) he never put himself in the shop window so he could get a big club!

He went to a World Cup - he must have been something right.

He had Toure and Zakora playing in front of him - no shame there.

A big club ? Leicester pay more than Hibs and are a higher level than Hibs so does that not count ?

You are in the minority about Bamba :agree:

E.T. is a Hibee
05-02-2011, 01:12 PM
He went to a World Cup - he must have been something right.

He had Toure and Zakora playing in front of him - no shame there.

A big club ? Leicester pay more than Hibs and are a higher level than Hibs so does that not count ?

You are in the minority about Bamba :agree:

No way I'm I in the manority, please believe me he wasn't that great for us and he aint that great.

Watch how things pan out where he is, give it another couple of months.

Jim44
05-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Decent player but grossly overrated. Has a honeymoon spell with every team he plays with then fades. SGE didn't rate him well enough to play for the Ivory Coast but obviously rates him good enough to play at Leicester's level. Good luck to the guy but I don't think he has the character or commitment to sustain a high level.