PDA

View Full Version : Refreshing

Expecting Rain
30-12-2010, 11:24 AM
I know the knives will be sharpening as i post this but how refreshing it was to see any permetation of Hogg,Rankin and Nish being left out of the starting line up, it gave us a chance on paper at least.:taxi

Hibbyradge
30-12-2010, 11:30 AM
The starting line up should have been 4 - 0 down.

I'm not suggesting the players you mentioned would have made a positive difference to that, but I wasn't feeling at all refreshed for 40+ minutes at least.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2010, 11:47 AM

I'm not suggesting the players you mentioned would have made a positive difference to that, but I wasn't feeling at all refreshed for 40+ minutes at least.

:agree: The mistake Bamba made was awful to put them one up, but without him at the back i dread to think what our goals against total would be. The way they cut through our midfield at will was shocking.

Hart had another shocker, and offers little going forward. He's certainly not the attacking full back with pace like he was at the dons.

We got back in the game with another piece of genius from Riordan, a game that should have been dead and buried by then. The 2nd half was completely different, Zemamma gave the team and the crowd a huge lift, his appearance put us on the front foot, and we had width on both sides for a change.

The sending off may have helped, but the introduction of Miller and Duffy was the crucial bit for me. We then were able to actually pick out passes with player movement, rather than humping the ball up top. Miller was able to find players, and we then got possession of the ball in better areas, pinning them back deeper and deeper, and any ball cleared was easily picked up by our midfielders or defenders.

The game should have been over at half time, but the 2nd half was much better, and there were some signs a shape to the side is looking better. :thumbsup:

Mikey
30-12-2010, 01:07 PM

BBC stats show that Hibs had 10 shots on target to Utd's 3. We had 2 off target and they had 3.

If they should have had 4, we should have had 8.

J-C
30-12-2010, 01:11 PM
BBC stats show that Hibs had 10 shots on target to Utd's 3. We had 2 off target and they had 3.

I think we had sonething like 15 corners to their 3/4, mostly in the second half.

Sir David Gray
30-12-2010, 01:13 PM
:agree: The mistake Bamba made was awful to put them one up, but without him at the back i dread to think what our goals against total would be. The way they cut through our midfield at will was shocking.

Hart had another shocker, and offers little going forward. He's certainly not the attacking full back with pace like he was at the dons.

We got back in the game with another piece of genius from Riordan, a game that should have been dead and buried by then. The 2nd half was completely different, Zemamma gave the team and the crowd a huge lift, his appearance put us on the front foot, and we had width on both sides for a change.

The sending off may have helped, but the introduction of Miller and Duffy was the crucial bit for me. We then were able to actually pick out passes with player movement, rather than humping the ball up top. Miller was able to find players, and we then got possession of the ball in better areas, pinning them back deeper and deeper, and any ball cleared was easily picked up by our midfielders or defenders.

The game should have been over at half time, but the 2nd half was much better, and there were some signs a shape to the side is looking better. :thumbsup:

:agree: Dundee Utd should have been two or three up at half time with the chances that they created but the goal that we got back just before half time was a crucial one. The appearance of Zemmama warming up at half time was also vital as it helped to lift the whole atmosphere and actually seeing him on the pitch and playing was even better.

We completely dominated the second half and Dundee Utd hardly created anything in that entire 45 minutes. I was actually quite shocked at how poor they were in the second half, but maybe the fact that they hadn't played for over a month had something to do with it.

All things considered, we certainly deserved at least a draw out of last night's match but we need to stop gifting stupid goals.

We won't get away with that on Saturday.

frazeHFC
30-12-2010, 01:22 PM
In regards to it being refreshing not seeing Thicot and Hogg in the defence. Although we did still make mistakes and look awful at the back.

I am confident that a back 4 of McCann, Bamba, Hanlon and Booth will be both refreshing and solid.

J-C
30-12-2010, 01:24 PM
In regards to it being refreshing not seeing Thicot and Hogg in the defence. Although we did still make mistakes and look awful at the back.

I am confident that a back 4 of McCann, Bamba, Hanlon and Booth will be both refreshing and solid.

Change Bamba with Dickoh and you'll be nearer the mark

Mikey_1875
30-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Agree. without having a dig at individual players it shows to me that the manager IS seeing who is not pulling there weight and is willing to change it unlike the blind loyalty of yogi and mixu. we have a squad of 25 or so and it looks like we will be using it. good to see.

ScottB
30-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I know the knives will be sharpening as i post this but how refreshing it was to see any permetation of Hogg,Rankin and Nish being left out of the starting line up, it gave us a chance on paper at least.:taxi

Christ they weren't even on the park and we get a thread bitching about them!

If Hogg had done what Bamba did last night this place would have melted down, good to see the double standards when it comes to our squad are still in play.

Hibbyradge
30-12-2010, 02:19 PM

That doesn't surprise me as our second half performance was spirited and rousing, and gives me much hope, but the OP was about the "refreshing" starting line up, not the overall stats.

They had one off the bar, one off the line and scored 2 before we had a single attempt.

Hibbyradge
30-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Agree. without having a dig at individual players it shows to me that the manager IS seeing who is not pulling there weight and is willing to change it unlike the blind loyalty of yogi and mixu. we have a squad of 25 or so and it looks like we will be using it. good to see.
:confused:

That'll be the blind loyalty that didn't see us fielding the same side 2 weeks running for the most of the last 2 years?

frazeHFC
30-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Change Bamba with Dickoh and you'll be nearer the mark

Bamba was poor last night but has been great imo this season so far. For me Dickoh is just a bit slow, although i do still like him as a player.

Hibbyradge
30-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Bamba was poor last night but has been great imo this season so far. For me Dickoh is just a bit slow, although i do still like him as a player.

I think he's suggesting Bamba will be offski.

Mikey_1875
30-12-2010, 03:04 PM
:confused:

That'll be the blind loyalty that didn't see us fielding the same side 2 weeks running for the most of the last 2 years?

not the same 11 but there were times during there tenures where some players seemed to be living a charmed life in the team. rankin for example no matter how bad he played was never dropped for ages. not to mention the diamond midfield formation we suffered. i think cc is trying everything out to get a settled team that suits the players we have until he can clearout/bring in players. probably in summer rather than this window. imo this is a better approach than getting an idea in your head and insisting on playing it when it doesnt work. yogi and mixu were berated on here for being stubborn. i dont think cc is.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2010, 03:19 PM

I didnt think he was. Yes he made a huge blunder for the first goal, a terrible mistake, but that apart, and one slack pass when he gave Hart i think a ball back from a throw in, that went straight out again. That apart he was solid, and also chipped in with a goal.

Dirkster23
30-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Christ they weren't even on the park and we get a thread bitching about them!

If Hogg had done what Bamba did last night this place would have melted down, good to see the double standards when it comes to our squad are still in play.

:agree:

He's got 5,500 posts and half of them include Hogg, Nish and Rankin.

Expecting Rain
31-12-2010, 09:18 AM

Correct.

Phil D. Rolls
31-12-2010, 10:22 AM

Unfortunately we play on grass. :greengrin

Shrekko
31-12-2010, 07:40 PM

I bet when Churchy types the letter 'h' his spellchecker suggests 'Hogg, Nish and Rankin' before the 2nd letter is typed :greengrin

All entitled to our opinions though :agree: