PDA

View Full Version : Team to beat Hearts on Saturday..

Judas Iscariot
30-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Brown - With straight kicking

Wotherspoon - Better and quicker than Hart
Bamba - Just clear yer lines
Dickoh - Beast Kyle in the 1st tackle
Hanlon - Erse that little jizz monkey Templeton into the Wheatfield asap

De Graaf - More of tonight please
Murray - Kick, hit, fight, bite etc
Miller - IF the rumours aren't true
Galbraith - Run, Run, Run, Run

Zouma - Give us your all for 45 mins

Riordan - No comment needed

Brads Laing
30-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Agree with that team although i think stevenson should be in beside murray instead of miller

Sloppy
30-12-2010, 12:21 AM
brown

wotherspoon
bamba
dickoh
hanlon

murray
stevenson

zemamma
galbraith

duffy
riordan

LaMotta
30-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Agree with that team although i think stevenson should be in beside murray instead of miller

:agree:

Miller has done nothing in any of the derbies he's played in - not the type of player to start on saturday

silverhibee
30-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Brown - With straight kicking

Wotherspoon - Better and quicker than Hart
Bamba - Just clear yer lines
Dickoh - Beast Kyle in the 1st tackle
Hanlon - Erse that little jizz monkey Templeton into the Wheatfield asap

De Graaf - More of tonight please
Murray - Kick, hit, fight, bite etc
Miller - IF the rumours aren't true
Galbraith - Run, Run, Run, Run

Zouma - Give us your all for 45 mins

Riordan - No comment needed

Drop Hart for Wotherspoon, and i would go with the same team that started tonight.

Sammy7nil
30-12-2010, 12:39 AM
OP team too Lightweight IMHO

Brown
Hart Bamba Dickoh Hanlon
............Murray
Wotherspoon De Graaf Stevenson Riordan

Trakys if fit

bingo70
30-12-2010, 12:39 AM
Drop Hart for Wotherspoon, and i would go with the same team that started tonight.

Now thats confidence :greengrin

know we managed a two all draw tonight but do you no think we should start with 11 on saturday? :wink:

seriously though, who would you put in for wotherspoon if you did that? No way is Zouma fit to start a game yet, he played too much tonight imo.

My concern with wotherspoon at RB is defensively he's shocking so they'd either pull Kyle out to win headers on top of him or get templeton or skacel running at him, now i know Hart never covered himself in glory tonight but i think he's better experienced to deal with that plus i think if we keep pulling him out of his favoured position we'll ruin him, we've seen glimpses of what he can offer going forward, he needs to be allowed to build on that IMO.

silverhibee
30-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Now thats confidence :greengrin

know we managed a two all draw tonight but do you no think we should start with 11 on saturday? :wink:

seriously though, who would you put in for wotherspoon if you did that? No way is Zouma fit to start a game yet, he played too much tonight imo.

My concern with wotherspoon at RB is defensively he's shocking so they'd either pull Kyle out to win headers on top of him or get templeton or skacel running at him, now i know Hart never covered himself in glory tonight but i think he's better experienced to deal with that plus i think if we keep pulling him out of his favoured position we'll ruin him, we've seen glimpses of what he can offer going forward, he needs to be allowed to build on that IMO.

Sorry, Trakys upfront with Deeks.

eastmainsmsh
30-12-2010, 12:44 AM
brown

wotherspoon
bamba
dickoh
hanlon

murray
stevenson

zemamma
galbraith

duffy
riordan

Great line up :thumbsup:

Murray and stevenson giving us the dig we have been missing zouma opening up the hearts defence, pace of galbraith.... and the finishing of duffy and deeko ..... Hope the defence is up for it anaw .......Bring it on yam fuds oooooooyyyyyahh :flag:

truehibernian
30-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Sorry, Trakys upfront with Deeks.

Absolutely no doubt we will need height for set pieces for and against, and also I got the impression at the Well game that Derek liked playing up front with Trakys, the big guy chasing down, winning headers, getting 50/50's that Derek fed off.

Have to say Hart, for me, actually came on to a game second half and one thing about him is he never hides. Always free and wanting the ball.

If we set up 4-5-1 at Tynecastle with just Derek up top then it's almost an invitation to Hearts to attack at will IMHO. Let's work it up them and go there with a confident attitude and outlook and give them something to think about themselves. Worked for Killie and Motherwell :agree:

SteveHFC
30-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Brown

Wotherspoon
Dickoh
Bamba
Hanlon

De Graaf
Miller
Zouma
Galbraith

Deeko
Duffy

Subs:
Smith
Stephens
Stevenson
McBride
Rankin
Trakys
Nish

silverhibee
30-12-2010, 01:09 AM
For everyone who is picking Zouma and Duffy to start in the Derby, cant see it happening to be honest.

IndieHibby
30-12-2010, 01:10 AM
GK - Brown

RCB - Dickoh
CB - Bamba
LCB - Hanlon

RM - Zemmama
CM - Miller
CM - De Graaf
LM - Galbraith

ST - Duffy
CF - Trakys
ST - Riordan

SUBS
Hogg
Hart
Nish
Stevenson
Stephens
Welsh
Byrne

I realise it is an 'attack' minded line-up, but hey, it's the Yams, so let's GIRUTYC's :greengrin

Sammy7nil
30-12-2010, 01:15 AM
Brown
Hart Bamba Dickoh Hanlon
............Murray
Wotherspoon De Graaf Stevenson Riordan

Trakys if fit

Subs
Miller
Nish
Duffy
Zemmama
Hogg :wink::wink::wink:

Hibbyradge
30-12-2010, 01:16 AM
For everyone who is picking Zouma and Duffy to start in the Derby, cant see it happening to be honest.

Not a chance.

Captain Trips
30-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Colgan, Lovell, G. Smith, Sauzee, Fenwick, Laursen, O'Neil, Jack, Latapy, Paatelainen, Zitelli.

Diclonius
30-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Brown

Hart Bamba Dickoh Hanlon

Zemmama de Graaf Murray Galbraith

Duffy Riordan

Stevenson played well today but he'll be mincemeat in the derby, being far too lightweight. Murray and de Graaf are big midfield bruisers, better to have them in the middle of the park.

McKenzie
30-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Brown

Wotherspoon
Bamba
Dickoh
Hanlon

De Graaf
Murray
Mcbride

Riordan
Galbraith

Trakys/Duffy

midfield three like that as they put a tackle in, and hopefully win the midfield battle

Subs
Smith
Zouma
Trakys/Duffy
Nish
Miller
Hart
Byrne

woodyloon
30-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Brown

Wotherspoon
Dickoh
Stephens
Hanlon

Bamba

Stevenson
Murray
Galbraith

Duffy

Riordan

GreenCastle
30-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Last time we lost to the yams we played this team..

Brown, Hart, Grounds, de Graaf, Riordan, Rankin (Trakys 46'), Stevenson (Murray 83'), Hanlon, Galbraith (Wotherspoon 65'), Bamba, Miller

Subs: Smith, Hogg, Murray, Dickoh, McBride, Trakys,

I would imagine the 3 in bold won't start the game Saturday

Sir David Gray
30-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Brown

Hart
Bamba
Dickoh
Hanlon

Galbraith
de Graaf
Murray
Wotherspoon

Riordan
Trakys

SUBS

Smith
Stevenson
Thicot
Miller
Zemmama
Duffy
Nish

Extremely concerned about the full-back areas on both sides.

Hanlon is a very promising centre half but is not a left back in a million years. Unfortunately he has to play there due to Grounds' poor performances so far this season and Ian Murray is much better in the middle of the park putting in the crunching tackles as he has struggled in defence this season as well.

At right back, we only have Michael Hart and he has struggled this season too. Dundee Utd's second goal last night was his fault and I am worried about his lack of pace.

I know he missed out last night so I don't know if Skacel will be fit for Saturday but if he does play, he and Templeton could have a field day against our full-backs.

truehibernian
30-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Having watched the St Mirren v Hearts highlights it's quite rare that a Hearts side looks so vulnerable from set pieces. Higdon won most of his headers and I see Bouzid was up to his old tricks again of using the striker as a step ladder.

Trakys up front with Derek seems to most logical if we want some success. One thing about Valdas from what I have seen is that he stays on his feet and is strong in ariel battles. Could be useful around the penalty box if players like Bouzid and Zaliukas do their usual fouling routine. We need to give that Hearts back four something to keep them on their toes for the whole 90.

.Sean.
30-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Brown

Wotherspoon Bamba Dickoh Hanlon

Zemmama Stevenson Murray Galbraith

Duffy Riordan

hibsbollah
30-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Brown

Wotherspoon Bamba Dickoh Hanlon

Zemmama Stevenson Murray Galbraith

Duffy Riordan

That would be mine too. If Zemmama and Duffy arent fit enough, exchange for De Graaf and Trachys. Regarding the previous comment about Stevenson being too lightweight, he's done pretty well in previous derbies IIRC, including at left back.

Sammy7nil
30-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Brown

Hart Bamba Dickoh Hanlon

Zemmama de Graaf Murray Galbraith

Duffy Riordan

Stevenson played well today but he'll be mincemeat in the derby, being far too lightweight. Murray and de Graaf are big midfield bruisers, better to have them in the middle of the park.

:confused::confused:
Where as a less than half fit Zemmama, Duffy and a six stone Galbraith will be battling for the jersey :cool2:

cad
30-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Brown

Wotherspoon
Dickoh
Stephens
Hanlon

Bamba

Stevenson
Murray
Galbraith

Duffy

Riordan

Thats what I would go with ,could maybe put Duffy in instead of Nid put Trakys up wi Deek ,no sure if that would work it would be a big call to drop Murray for a derby match if hes fit ,
I like the idea of Bamba out of the defence and into midfield and the guy Stephens in

yekimevol
30-12-2010, 05:10 PM
brown :\
welsh bamba hanlon booth
murray
wortherspoon stevenson zemmama galbraith
duffy
or
brown
hart bamba dickov hanlon
wortherspoon murray zemmama galbraith
riordan duffy/byrne

Wotherspiniesta
30-12-2010, 06:33 PM
.................Brown..................

Hart....Bamba....Dickoh....Hanlon

........Murray......Stevenson......

W'Spoon....De Graaf.....Galbraith

.................Riordan.................

Subs: Stack Booth Rankin Welsh Zouma Duffy Nish/Trakys

PiemanP
30-12-2010, 09:40 PM
I think we need players who are up for the fight on saturday, following 4 should be through the spine of the team:

Murray - absolute must have in midfield
Bamba - best defender by a country mile, and the only one who can compete with Kyle's ariel ability
De Graff - solid and gets stuck in
Trakys - without him we are so lightweight up top

Brown

Hart - Bamba - Dickoh - Hanlon

Spoony - Murray - Degraff - stevenson

Deeks - Trakys

I think with Wotherspoon and stevenson in wider positions, they have a bit of defensive experience, and will help cover the full backs a bit more as they are are our weekpoint. If we can keep skacel and tempelton shackled, and bamba marsheling Kyle, we may just have a chance.

If we play deek up front on his own we are donald ducked IMO, as 4-5-1 relies on a solid defence, and thats just something we do not have!

.Sean.
30-12-2010, 09:43 PM
brown :\
welsh bamba hanlon booth
murray
wortherspoon stevenson zemmama galbraith
duffy
or
brown
hart bamba dickov hanlon
wortherspoon murray zemmama galbraith
riordan duffy/byrne
Sean Welsh is not a right-back, and neither Kurtis Byrne nor Callum are eligible until the 2nd.

Bostonhibby
30-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Not long back fae a lunch time drinking session and a bit maudling so here goes, anytime anywhere

Heriott
Brownlie
Schaedler
Stanton
Black
Blackley
Edwards
O'Rourke
Gordon
Cropley
Duncan

nae subs required.

Diclonius
30-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Sean Welsh is not a right-back, and neither Kurtis Byrne nor Callum are eligible until the 2nd.

Not what Football Manager's said for the past few seasons. :wink:

3pm
30-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Brown

Bamba
Thicot
Dickoh

Wotherspoon - RWB
Hanlon - LWB

Murray
Stevenson
De Graff

Trakys
Riordan

Franck is God
30-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Going by the performance last night I'd go with the following team to start. Would look to introduce Zemmama & Duffy as well during the match.

Brown

Hart---Dickoh---Bamba---Hanlon

DeGraaf---Miller---Stevenson

Wotherspoon---------------------------Galbraith
Riordan

essexhibee
30-12-2010, 10:42 PM
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Brown - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Bamba - - - - - Dickoh - - - - - - - - Hanlon - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - Wotherspoon - - - - - - -Miller - - - - - - - De Graff - - - - - - - - - - - Galbraith - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Zemmama - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Trackys - - - - Riordan - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3 - 4 - 1 -2 Fifa style :greengrin

Spoony and Galbraith as wing backs, bomb foward and support when attacking and drop back into defense when under pressure. Zouma in the free role between midfield and attack which will make him harder to mark, hopefully given the space will do the damage. Trackys upfront to add some meat and hopefully nod it down to deeks.

Well it worked on fifa :greengrin

cad
30-12-2010, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=true hibernian;2672644]Absolutely no doubt we will need height for set pieces for and against, and also I got the impression at the Well game that Derek liked playing up front with Trakys, the big guy chasing down, winning headers, getting 50/50's that Derek fed off.

Have to say Hart, for me, actually came on to a game second half and one thing about him is he never hides. Always free and wanting the ball.

He never hides and is always free wanting the ball you couldnae find Hart wi a compass or Sat nav always ****ing missing Calderwood wants tae get him tae the vets and get him tagged to find out exactly what he does ,save yer money Col Illl tell ye what he does F....ALL
Any time Harts on a football pitch watch his finger never stops pointing at somebody else to fill in and do his job because hes been caught out again,and again and again.
The ,guys a liberty a pup of the highest order a ringer ,a charlatan a guy who's lost 2 yards a waste of money keek ,a very bad buy ,not what I expected I think hes crap ,
I know hes not got what it takes ,hes finished ,we are lumbered with another dud .
And you think he came onto a game in the second half ,sorry mate canny agree wi that at all.
Ive never seen a more inept fullback in a Hibs jersey and theres been a few crackers , a guy wi 2 broken legs could defend better than that clown,hes never came on to a game in 5 years ,his career was going down the shunky and still is
How Yogi in his infinite wisdom could offer him a 3 year deal beggars belief ,we made a right shopfront of that particular bit of business if you ask me .
Opinions eh :grr::grr::grr:

GreenCastle
30-12-2010, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=true hibernian;2672644]Absolutely no doubt we will need height for set pieces for and against, and also I got the impression at the Well game that Derek liked playing up front with Trakys, the big guy chasing down, winning headers, getting 50/50's that Derek fed off.

He never hides and is always free wanting the ball you couldnae find Hart wi a compass or Sat nav always ****ing missing Calderwood wants tae get him tae the vets and get him tagged to find out exactly what he does ,save yer money Col Illl tell ye what he does F....ALL
Any time Harts on a football pitch watch his finger never stops pointing at somebody else to fill in and do his job because hes been caught out again,and again and again.
The ,guys a liberty a pup of the highest order a ringer ,a charlatan a guy who's lost 2 yards a waste of money keek ,a very bad buy ,not what I expected I think hes crap ,
I know hes not got what it takes ,hes finished ,we are lumbered with another dud .
And you think he came onto a game in the second half ,sorry mate canny agree wi that at all.
Ive never seen a more inept fullback in a Hibs jersey and theres been a few crackers , a guy wi 2 broken legs could defend better than that clown,hes never came on to a game in 5 years ,his career was going down the shunky and still is
How Yogi in his infinite wisdom could offer him a 3 year deal beggars belief ,we made a right shopfront of that particular bit of business if you ask me .
Opinions eh :grr::grr::grr:

So you think he should start the derby then... :faf:

Tonez
30-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Brown

Wotherspoon
Bamba
Dickoh
Hanlon

Murray
Stevenson

Zemamma (if not fit enough replace with De Graff)
Galbraith

Trakys
Riordan

:aok:

truehibernian
30-12-2010, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=cad;2673548]

I gather he doesn't rate him :greengrin

The good thing was second half yesterday none of the Hibs players hid. Other than the mistake in losing Dixon, I didn't think Hart did much wrong after that. Bamba clearly shouts that he has the ball under control for the first and both Hanlon and Hart relax a little before seeing the horrendous mistake.

The only player second half that had me white knuckled was Mark Brown with his atrocious kicking. It can't help the defence and midfield when time and time again he kicks straight out the park, or when a pass back under no pressure comes to him he skies it into the East. The whole defensive unit rely on each other and it couldn't have been easy taking the ball, turning and thinking "oh nah, will i or won't I" when considering the back pass to the keeper.

Who else would take the right back slot ? I think DW will get the right mid slot and be asked to defend Templeton with help from Hart at RB

cad
30-12-2010, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=cad;2673548]

Its a stick on eh

Bad Martini
30-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Deek to score the winner and girfu the yams.

Dont care what else happens. :na na: :greengrin

ENDOF

FromTheCapital
31-12-2010, 12:16 PM
I'd bite the bullet and go.....

.................................................. ..Brown........................................... ..........

Hart..............................Dickoh.......... ............Hanlon...........................Groun ds

.................................Miller........... .Bamba............Murray.......................... .....

.................................................. Zemmama........................................... ......

.............................................Duffy ........Riordan................................... ........

iwasthere1972
31-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Definitely the Yams seeing as it's a derby. :agree:

Tricla
31-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Definitely the Yams seeing as it's a derby. :agree:

:greengrin

GreenPJ
31-12-2010, 12:38 PM
I think we need players who are up for the fight on saturday, following 4 should be through the spine of the team:

Murray - absolute must have in midfield
Bamba - best defender by a country mile, and the only one who can compete with Kyle's ariel ability
De Graff - solid and gets stuck in
Trakys - without him we are so lightweight up top

Brown

Hart - Bamba - Dickoh - Hanlon

Spoony - Murray - Degraff - stevenson

Deeks - Trakys

I think with Wotherspoon and stevenson in wider positions, they have a bit of defensive experience, and will help cover the full backs a bit more as they are are our weekpoint. If we can keep skacel and tempelton shackled, and bamba marsheling Kyle, we may just have a chance.

If we play deek up front on his own we are donald ducked IMO, as 4-5-1 relies on a solid defence, and thats just something we do not have!

:agree:

fife hfc
31-12-2010, 01:25 PM
I would push Bamba into midfield and have Murray in the centre of defence. He has not got the pace but can organise and fight his corner. bamba is faster, more athletic and more powerful and will give us bite in the midfiled area.

............................Brown................. .......
Wotherspoon.....Murray...Dickoh.....Hanlon
De Graff.......Bamba.....stevenson..Galbraith
.....................Duffy.......Riordan.......... ...

trev the hat
31-12-2010, 07:53 PM
I would push Bamba into midfield and have Murray in the centre of defence. He has not got the pace but can organise and fight his corner. bamba is faster, more athletic and more powerful and will give us bite in the midfiled area.

............................Brown................. .......
Wotherspoon.....Murray...Dickoh.....Hanlon
De Graff.......Bamba.....stevenson..Galbraith
.....................Duffy.......Riordan.......... ...

That would be my shout but not Lewis & Danny so Galbraith and Miller. Wont happen but reckon we would win with that side :thumbsup: