PDA

View Full Version : Special Mention to the fans tonight - Great Atmosphere !

The Voice Of Reason
29-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Especially considering we lost a goal in the first minute and were 2-0 down, I thought the noise coming from the New Stand (I was opposite in The West) was impressive. Outsinging the Utd fans who were 2-0 up at the time is a great effort gents - spiffing stuff ! :thumbsup:

Note - CC mentioned the atmospoere in his post match interview :thumbsup:

10/10 chaps - keep up the good work!

hibees707070
29-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Especially considering we lost a goal in the first minute and were 2-0 down, I thought the noise coming from the New Stand (I was opposite in The West) was impressive. Outsinging the Utd fans who were 2-0 up at the time is a great effort gents - spiffing stuff ! :thumbsup:

Note - CC mentioned the atmospoere in his post match interview :thumbsup:

10/10 chaps - keep up the good work!

thought again tonight it was quiet been a good effort but until we get standing back in the East the atmosphere is gonna be crap!

KinchHibee
29-12-2010, 10:55 PM
thought again tonight it was quiet been a good effort but until we get standing back in the East the atmosphere is gonna be crap!

Folk have been standing all season long :confused:

hibees707070
29-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Folk have been standing all season long :confused:

Aye I mean most of the stand no just 1 wee section of about 50-100 folk!

Mikey_1875
29-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Was a good atmosphere but thought things would have turned sour at the half time whistle but luckily they saved themselves by pinching a goal. The addition of Zemmama and Duffy definetly gave the fans a boost aswell.

deek68
29-12-2010, 11:01 PM

And really *** cold if Sunday past is anything to go by. You can keep warmer standing up you know... :greengrin

Sammy7nil
29-12-2010, 11:03 PM
The Players EFFORT in the 2nd half helped with the atmosphere.

It is up tp the Players to get the Fans off their feet.

Thought Hanlons Drive Determination and Effort was great in 2nd half looked like he really cared.

The Voice Of Reason
29-12-2010, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=simply the best;2672553]The Players EFFORT in the 2nd half helped with the atmosphere.

It is up tp the Players to get the Fans off their feet.

Agreed (and CC mentions this in his interview).

However, even in the 1st half when we were 2-0 down our boys were making more noise than the Utd fans. Great effort ! :agree:

Frogga
29-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Meant to say this before but was at the Aberdeen game with my brother which was my first game since the Jambos defeat and his first game in 2 years. We both noticed and enjoyed the difference made by the Hibs 12th man group. Its been years since I've heard our fans singing constantly throughout a game (without us performing exceptionally).

I'm really disappointed to see comments saying 'it'll never work' because the only reason it'll never work is if people are negative about it.

If that decent level of noise can be made by about 50 people then imagine the noise that could be made if everyone in the east joined in. It would make Easter Rd a fortress again!

The Voice Of Reason
29-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Meant to say this before but was at the Aberdeen game with my brother which was my first game since the Jambos defeat and his first game in 2 years. We both noticed and enjoyed the difference made by the Hibs 12th man group. Its been years since I've heard our fans singing constantly throughout a game (without us performing exceptionally).

I'm really disappointed to see comments saying 'it'll never work' because the only reason it'll never work is if people are negative about it.

If that decent level of noise can be made by about 50 people then imagine the noise that could be made if everyone in the east joined in. It would make Easter Rd a fortress again!

:top marks

hibsbollah
29-12-2010, 11:52 PM

:top marks The campaign has made a big difference. Well done to all concerned.

The Voice Of Reason
29-12-2010, 11:56 PM
:top marks The campaign has made a big difference. Well done to all concerned.

Jesus Christ HB - is this the first time we have actually agreed on something ?!? :greengrin :devil:

500miles
30-12-2010, 07:12 AM
I must have been at a different game. Aye, the 12th man might have got invovled, and there may have been a bit of noise when we got ourselves level, but they are only one section, and the atmosphere at ER is still poisonous. Howls of derision after every mistake, even before the player has the chance to recover - with one incident involving Dickot initially making a bit of a hash of things, before ultimately doing well to take the ball down and move play on and still getting a hard time from totally different areas of the stands out as an example.

I'll be honest, I've supported some piss-poor Hibs teams in the past, and never been embarrassed to be a Hibs fan. Some of the abuse coming from the stands tonight made me embarassed to be a Hibs fan. Hart in particular had a really poor game, but the fact that some middle aged man throws tantrums like a 6 year old bairn is totally embarrassing.

Edit: By the way, booing your own player on the basis of rumour and hearsay, as was done to Liam Miller tonight, is a disgrace as well. I don't care what you THINK you know, until it's in black and white, get behind the team.
We may have 16 or so players who we would like to see the back of at Hibs, but there are a good 500+ fans that can piss off with them. Embarrassments.

Leith_Hibee
30-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Good effort from the 12th man.

One thing I didn't like was singing there's only one Daryl Duffy before the boy has kicked a ball for the team, I firmly believe players should earn the right to have a song sung about them.

Judas Iscariot
30-12-2010, 08:32 AM
I must have been at a different game. Aye, the 12th man might have got invovled, and there may have been a bit of noise when we got ourselves level, but they are only one section, and the atmosphere at ER is still poisonous. Howls of derision after every mistake, even before the player has the chance to recover - with one incident involving Dickot initially making a bit of a hash of things, before ultimately doing well to take the ball down and move play on and still getting a hard time from totally different areas of the stands out as an example.

I'll be honest, I've supported some piss-poor Hibs teams in the past, and never been embarrassed to be a Hibs fan. Some of the abuse coming from the stands tonight made me embarassed to be a Hibs fan. Hart in particular had a really poor game, but the fact that some middle aged man throws tantrums like a 6 year old bairn is totally embarrassing.

Edit: By the way, booing your own player on the basis of rumour and hearsay, as was done to Liam Miller tonight, is a disgrace as well. I don't care what you THINK you know, until it's in black and white, get behind the team.
We may have 16 or so players who we would like to see the back of at Hibs, but there are a good 500+ fans that can piss off with them. Embarrassments.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:KUS7Noujxi3e_M::www.sodahead.com/fun/sock-puppets-cyberbullies/blog-289039/?page%3D2&t=1&usg=AFrqEzfIuJ60vy_xbGLZfLWMaCO1jtQqTw

ionahibby
30-12-2010, 08:40 AM

I take it you were in full voice for 90 mins then! Honsestly anything for a negative post! :confused: If you're that embarrssed to be a hibs fan then why are you one :blah:

Riordans Boots
30-12-2010, 08:43 AM

With all due respect - I got the impression that you were an auld man - Christ a 21 year old should be living life to the full and giving it laldy supporting their team :cool2:

Alfred E Newman
30-12-2010, 08:50 AM

I don`t know where you sit but from my seat in the West I thought the fans stuck by the side last night which was comendable given the dreadful start.
I have been critical of the players attitude this season but I have to give them credit for digging in and getting some kind of result. The goal on half time and the introduction of Zemmama gave everyone a lift. There is a long way to go and a derby defeat could set us back but I am slightly more hopefull now.

superfurryhibby
30-12-2010, 08:51 AM
The fans were lifted by the team who showed some grit to get back in the game.I wouldn't go O.T.T about the atmosphere but it least the team gave us 100% and that's been a rarity at ER this season. United fans were quiet, especially since they had a reasonable turnout and were winning for most of the game.

Still I agree with the guy who slates the antics of some fans. I too find it hard to stomach when some bloke erupts from his seat and delivers a volley of abuse that only those in close proximity will hear, then proceeds to emphasise his point by remaining standing for the next five minutes whilst those around remain on their erse's. I guess the point is that he cares and he is hard as **** so who's gonnae mess. My message to him and his like is .....grow up

Thomson1875
30-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Thought that Hail Hail when the whole stand were up standing was electric after we got the second.

BroxburnHibee
30-12-2010, 09:22 AM

A perfect example of the power of the internet age.

I've no idea if the rumour is true or not but I actually heard fans screaming 'Traitor' :bitchy:

Doesn't matter whether its a wind up or not - that kind of abuse is ridiculous.

Anyway............well done to the singing section again.

Keep it up. :aok:

500miles
30-12-2010, 09:59 AM
With all due respect - I got the impression that you were an auld man - Christ a 21 year old should be living life to the full and giving it laldy supporting their team :cool2:

I was the man who started the Ohh Zemmama chants in the west after his first shot at goal - I'm all for supporting the team. I'm also pleased that the 12th man is growing. What really pisses me off is the vitrol with which we attack our own players. I don't get what is negative about that really.

woodyloon
30-12-2010, 10:09 AM
I took advantage of the the Family night with my wife and 2 boys. My youngest shat himself when I roared( more than once) at Bamba, he turnt to his mum and said Dad's angry isn't he :greengrin. He then burst out laughing when I joined in singing in the 2nd half. :rolleyes:

I know it's hard to feel like backing the team when we are getting punished for what feels like every mistake we make, so it was great to see a singing section in good voice, but would love to see it spread round the ground like it did years ago, even once or twice getting the West stand to join in LOL. Just like when the East used to start chanting Hibees, Hibees and the noise as it spread round the ground was great.

delthehibee
30-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Bring back the noise at ER!! :thumbsup:

RIP
30-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Have to laugh at the '50 folk' comments - there's 25 rows in the singing section and over 20 folk per row. That's 500 singers - no 50

Granted it started wi less than 50 but it's increasing by 50 per home game

Last season it became positively uncool to sing - unless you were male, under 21 and under the gantry. Now, near me, we have dozens of guys in their 40s, 50s and 60s, girls, bairns, whole families.

It will take more than 1 season to turn round the atmosphere from mostly negative to mostly positive - these things take time

woody47
30-12-2010, 10:48 PM
:greengrin
Have to laugh at the '50 folk' comments - there's 25 rows in the singing section and over 20 folk per row. That's 500 singers - no 50

Last season it became positively uncool to sing - unless you were male, under 21 and under the gantry. Now, near me, we have dozens of guys in their 40s, 50s and 60s, girls, bairns, whole families.

It will take more than 1 season to turn round the atmosphere from mostly negative to mostly positive - these things take time

I must have one of the uncool as I have sang at ER since the old days of the shed (now the Famous 5) right through to the east stand before it was pulled down. :greengrin :cool2: Only difference now is the hair I have lost watching Hibs :greengrin And I still stand in the East with all the other "singers" :thumbsup:

I often wonder about the 'fans' that come on here moaning about the lack of atmosphere at ER. Do they actually join in themselves or are they just happy to moan than actually do something about it? As for complaining that we sang "one D Duffy"!! Why not let the guy know we are behind him. Or would you rather we put our prawn sarnies down and had a gentle applause followed by Ra Ra RA????? Just can't please people - moan when we sing and moan when we don't. Must have a real hard life at home :bitchy:

Shrekko
31-12-2010, 12:00 AM

Last season it became positively uncool to sing - unless you were male, under 21 and under the gantry. Now, near me, we have dozens of guys in their 40s, 50s and 60s, girls, bairns, whole
families.
It will take more than 1 season to turn round
the atmosphere from mostly negative to mostly
positive - these things take time
I think you guys have done brilliantly mate -
honest I do, you've changed the whole
atmosphere at games but from where I sit it still
looks like 50-100 and certainly not 500.
It's a pity folk can't just sit where they choose
but the good news is that more often than not a
lot of other folk in the ground join in! The St.Johnstone game was particularly good and long may this continue.

Jack
31-12-2010, 10:59 AM

Take a bow - Singing Section [Kilmarnock October]
Thought the singing section was poor again until we scored our 1st! When 1 songs stops start another anyone at Maribor will know what that was like!

Hibs 12th Man V Red Army 12
Fans quiet again today. Was a good idea to start this but sadly it will never work!

So just what is your problem with the Singing Section?

Or is there a problem with your hearing and eyesight?

Or is Hibernian FC your problem?

Tricla
31-12-2010, 11:25 AM

I agree with your comments about the choobs at ER who are an embarrassment to themselves, the club and their fellow Hibbies. I think there are more than 500 of them though sadly.

However, I choose to focus on the sterling work being carried out by the lads and lassies in section 43 and if we were to make this spread along the stand and round the ground we'd soon drown out all of the phannies!

patlowe
31-12-2010, 12:04 PM
I don't see why 500miles is getting pelters for pointing out a glaring truth, that there are some absolute tools in the hibs support and this problem is exacerbated by the current lack of quality in the side. It's a bit of a vicious circle at the moment as a large section of the support gets on the back of players after the first mistake and the negative atmosphere escalates, making it difficult for any players to remain composed. It's depressing, counter-productive and yes, embarrassing.

On the other hand, the current hibs side is one of the worst in (my) living memory and you can just about understand why the less controlled among the support are driven to venting their frustration. The lack of basic footballing technique, movement and awareness in the team is similarly depressing and embarrassing. What we saw in the second half though was a reminder of what can be achieved when the players inspire the supporters and vice-versa.

Regarding the Singing Section, I think they are doing a great job and will hopefully keep it up. People forget the countless occassions over the last few years when you could hear a pin drop around ER (you would have thought that every match had a clasico-esque atmosphere the way people talk about the old East) so the constant noise makes a huge difference.

RIP
31-12-2010, 12:10 PM
:greengrin

I must have one of the uncool as I have sang at ER since the old days of the shed (now the Famous 5) right through to the east stand before it was pulled down. :greengrin :cool2: Only difference now is the hair I have lost watching Hibs :greengrin And I still stand in the East with all the other "singers" :thumbsup:

Gordon - you stand just along from me - I hear you:thumbsup:

Say hello next time to the 54year old wi the white hair in DD166

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2010, 02:05 PM

Fantastic news, well done to everyone involved. :top marks

woody47
31-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Gordon - you stand just along from me - I hear you:thumbsup:

Say hello next time to the 54year old wi the white hair in DD166

Shouldn't be too difficult to find two old codgers in amongst all the young ones then :greengrin

JimBHibees
31-12-2010, 05:47 PM
He's one of our own
He's one of our own
Derek Riordan
He's one of our own

:flag::flag: