PDA

View Full Version : stadium announcer

dp00
29-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Who is he ? What's he all about ?

Sammy7nil
29-12-2010, 11:31 PM
What a **** (fill in the blanks) this guy is, did they just pick a random guy out of the crowd ?

On Sunday he was woeful tonight he was worse and topped it off with

The "Player" of the Match is .................... WTF :confused:

Sammy7nil
29-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Who is he ? What's he all about ?

Great minds :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
Posted the same thread

HibeePaj
29-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Number 26 'Shoelomonomon BAMBA''

Hibercelona
29-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Number 26 'Shoelomonomon BAMBA''

Or even more bizarre....

Man of the match..... Edwin De Graaf! :crazy:

Bayern Bru
29-12-2010, 11:41 PM
I believe he used to work for Tay FM.

He's more in the vein of Scott Wilson of PBS fame with his roaring about seeing the Hibee Bounce, and trying to gee the crowd up which the last SA was a bit poor at.

Enjoyed his line against Aberdeen though. Something along the lines of
"Wearing number 1 for Hibs is number 31 Mark Brrrroooown!"

Mikey_1875
29-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Yeah really annoying. Mentioned something about us maybe having a chance for the 2nd half. Can't remember the exact words but he is an erse.

Sammy7nil
29-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Stadium Announcer ...............

What a **** (fill in the blanks) this guy is, did they just pick a random guy out of the crowd ?

On Sunday he was woeful tonight he was worse and topped it off with

The "Player" of the Match is .................... WTF

Judas Iscariot
29-12-2010, 11:42 PM
http://worldwide-web.com/JeffreyBabad/Simpsons/Yesguy/yesguy.jpg

hibsfan
29-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Completely agree with EDG getting Man of the match. Slipped out of things a little in the second half, but still got the ball across the goal for the equalizer. But in the first half he was the only hibs player to get close to pass marks; chasing everything down, some good touches.....but most of all - signs of some EFFORT!

Definitely the best man in a green jersey today.

essexhibee
29-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Ach I'm sure the laddy tried his best. Anyone can't be as bad as the anfield one he has the most boring monotone voice I've heard!!

Hibercelona
29-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah really annoying. Mentioned something about us maybe having a chance for the 2nd half. Can't remember the exact words but he is an erse.

"And Hibs are right back in this game at the end of the first half!"

Aye, we looked like we were in it then right enough. :bitchy:

jackhfc

"come on hibs, we're right back in it for the 2nd half"

GreenCastle
Didn't want to start a thread on it but he is awful.

I can't hear what he says when he talks - he mumbles and is very boring.

They either need to fix the speakers in the stands or get someone in with a bit of class who can make half time actually interesting.

Said the wrong kick off time at the end of the Aberdeen game :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
29-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Completely agree with EDG getting Man of the match. Slipped out of things a little in the second half, but still got the ball across the goal for the equalizer. But in the first half he was the only hibs player to get close to pass marks; chasing everything down, some good touches.....but most of all - signs of some EFFORT!

Alright there Mr announcer? :greengrin

I personally thought Galbraith was the only one playing in the first half. :confused:

Mikey_1875
29-12-2010, 11:49 PM
"come on hibs, we're right back in it for the 2nd half"

That doesn't sound too bad actually, my foul mood at the time must have made it sound worse. :greengrin still gets on ma wick though :agree:

Twiglet
29-12-2010, 11:55 PM
I like him.

He made me laugh on Sunday when he announced Ifil coming on as "Eeeefffeeell" complete with attempt at French accent too.

The stewards must have been wanting to kill when he kept saying "lets see the Hibees bounce", you can just imagine them thinking "no, sit, you all have to sit, you can't stand, and definitely not bounce!" Hee hee.

heretoday
29-12-2010, 11:59 PM
They shouldn't have stadium announcers.

Brads Laing
30-12-2010, 12:16 AM
This may have nothing to do with the announcer or it may have something to do with him i don't know. But what was up with cutting GGTTH short and sticking some other crap on before the game.

LaMotta
30-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Or even more bizarre....

Man of the match..... Edwin De Graaf! :crazy:

He doesn't decide who gets the man of the match though - he just announces it:greengrin

Ozyhibby
30-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Wish I had your worries.:rolleyes:

moggie
30-12-2010, 12:26 AM

Totally agree with that.:top marks

And on the announcer, i wish our players had the same amount of enthusiasm he has.

deek68
30-12-2010, 12:29 AM
They shouldn't have stadium announcers.

Fancy being the Stadium Announcer at the Ayr United game announcing that announcing has ceased? :greengrin

If he makes people laugh due to his ineptitude (he took an eternity tonight to tell us who Liam Miller was replacing) it's no bad thing, he's only the announcer after all...
he doesn't pick MOTM and he doesn't pick the tunes and when they'll be played.. ..does he?

Sammy7nil
30-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Wish I had your worries.:rolleyes:

So do I :greengrin :wink:

18/03/07
30-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Fancy being the Stadium Announcer at the Ayr United game announcing that announcing has ceased? :greengrin

If he makes people laugh due to his ineptitude (he took an eternity tonight to tell us who Liam Miller was replacing) it's no bad thing, he's only the announcer after all...
he doesn't pick MOTM and he doesn't pick the tunes and when they'll be played.. ..does he?
Against the sheep he played ggtth about 5 mins before they come out for the 2nd half

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2010, 03:41 PM
I thought he was fine, and tried to inject some enthusiasm into the crowd. Christ we have a lot more to moan about, than what the announcer does. :confused:

Dub
30-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I thought he was fine, and tried to inject some enthusiasm into the crowd. Christ we have a lot more to moan about, than what the announcer does. :confused:

Yip that. At least he does try to instil some enthusiasm into the crowd. I don't mind him at all.

whiskyhibby
30-12-2010, 03:54 PM

I have to agree he looked pretty good in the 1st half and added a bit of 'bite' to the midfield

CallumLaidlaw
30-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I actually thought it was grant stott and didn't mind him trying to get the crowd going

J-C
30-12-2010, 04:41 PM
A mate of mine was up for the job a few weeks ago but didn't get the gig, this new guy as said comes from a local radio station and seemingly knows nowt about the game, he was p1sh on sunday as well.

Bayern Bru
30-12-2010, 05:16 PM
I actually thought it was grant stott and didn't mind him trying to get the crowd going

Nah, wasn't Grant Stott. Was a Kojak lookalike :greengrin
Agree with your point about trying to get the crowd going. Some fans complain about the lack of atmosphere; it's nice seeing the SA trying to inject something resembling enthusiasm into the grumbling masses! :agree:

GreenCastle
30-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Nah, wasn't Grant Stott. Was a Kojak lookalike :greengrin
Agree with your point about trying to get the crowd going. Some fans complain about the lack of atmosphere; it's nice seeing the SA trying to inject something resembling enthusiasm into the grumbling masses! :agree:

I agree about getting the crowd going.

Anyone else sit in the West last night and not hear a word of what he said during half time ?

Pretty Boy
30-12-2010, 05:29 PM
The ' LETS ALL DO THE HIIIIIBEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS BOOOOOOOOOOOUNCCCCCCCCE!!! before kick off just reminds me too much of that erse Scott Wilson and his 'lets make some noise' at Tynecastle.

It's just so Hertz.

Aubenas
30-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Formerly with local radio in Tayside. Hibs had a number of applications, most of them from guys with experience at radio stations (who are laying off folk at present).

At stadium for about 5 hours. Multiple interviews; asked about how they would do the job, what were best elements of Hibs marketing (Join the Family etc), how would they incorporate this into announcing; did they have facilities for mixing jingles etc and a number of try outs over the system.

So Russell/Elaine certainly taking the post seriously.

Early to judge the guy - but I've had trouble discerning some of the words when he talks. Dunno if that's where I sit in the lower West, the pa system, or him.

1two
30-12-2010, 07:07 PM
We fear change

Bayern Bru
30-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Formerly with local radio in Tayside. Hibs had a number of applications, most of them from guys with experience at radio stations (who are laying off folk at present).

At stadium for about 5 hours. Multiple interviews; asked about how they would do the job, what were best elements of Hibs marketing (Join the Family etc), how would they incorporate this into announcing; did they have facilities for mixing jingles etc and a number of try outs over the system.

So Russell/Elaine certainly taking the post seriously.

Early to judge the guy - but I've had trouble discerning some of the words when he talks. Dunno if that's where I sit in the lower West, the pa system, or him.

Or your hearing :wink:

jackhfc
30-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Or your hearing :wink:

What hearing:wink:

col02
30-12-2010, 08:04 PM

I like the guy has to be said as like you say he at least tries to inject some enthusiasm into things! That said maybe some folk would prefer a Reverend Jolly type announcer who could share in their pessimistic outlook on all things Hibs!:greengrin

new malkyhib
30-12-2010, 08:10 PM
With our reputation for innovation, we should be the first club in Britain to appoint a celebrity announcer.

Shaun Ryder would be ideal - just hand him the teamsheets and let him do the rest - the music playlist would be much improved as well.

Gala Foxes
30-12-2010, 09:00 PM
totally shameful & embarassing performance last night trying to mimic the f>nny at Tynecastle - we are better than that

matty_f
30-12-2010, 09:12 PM
With our reputation for innovation, we should be the first club in Britain to appoint a celebrity announcer.

Shaun Ryder would be ideal - just hand him the teamsheets and let him do the rest - the music playlist would be much improved as well.

Can I second this please?

Best idea ever. Fact.

stoneyburn hibs
30-12-2010, 09:34 PM

:thumbsup: yes that would be interesting :greengrin

Westie1875
30-12-2010, 10:11 PM
TBH I think the guy has been awful so far and sounds like he has no experience at all, on Sunday he messed up the half time draw (forgetting about the shirt and ball draw to begin with) and then made some pathetic joke about this being how the team is usually picked, wtf? :rolleyes: To top it off he then got the kick off time for the Dundee Utd game wrong initially and had to make another announcement.

Would be nice to have someone who had done their homework and sounded a bit more professional, this may all sound petty but it isn't hard to learn the teams names and get the basics right.

Removed
30-12-2010, 11:22 PM
TBH I think the guy has been awful so far and sounds like he has no experience at all, on Sunday he messed up the half time draw (forgetting about the shirt and ball draw to begin with) and then made some pathetic joke about this being how the team is usually picked, wtf? :rolleyes: To top it off he then got the kick off time for the Dundee Utd game wrong initially and had to make another announcement.

Would be nice to have someone who had done their homework and sounded a bit more professional, this may all sound petty but it isn't hard to learn the teams names and get the basics right.

:agree: Cringed when he said "Sun Aluko"

Basics :rolleyes:

since90plustwo
31-12-2010, 02:25 PM
really enjoyed grant stott against maribor and other games, gets the crowd going

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Horrifically bad!!!! Total embarrasement. Interviewing Pat Stanton at the sheep game with his microphone switched off was a highlight for me. GET RID!

Sunny1875
31-12-2010, 04:15 PM
A mate of mine was up for the job a few weeks ago but didn't get the gig, this new guy as said comes from a local radio station and seemingly knows nowt about the game, he was p1sh on sunday as well.

is it ewan cameron ?

Nakedmanoncrack
31-12-2010, 08:15 PM
It's been Gavin Pearson for years and it was him a few weeks ago...

What has happened to the old announcer?
Are we really never to be treated to any more of his magnificent 'performances'??

Must admit when I heard this latest clown on Wednesday I assumed that he was just a temporary replacement, due to illness or something.

Toaods
31-12-2010, 10:01 PM
It was Gavin Pearson for years

...he had the cheek to expect a wage for that...:confused:

Removed
31-12-2010, 10:04 PM
is it ewan cameron ?
No danger. Yam fud.

Removed
31-12-2010, 10:07 PM
What has happened to the old announcer?
Are we really never to be treated to any more of his magnificent 'performances'??

Must admit when I heard this latest clown on Wednesday I assumed that he was just a temporary replacement, due to illness or something.

I was told that Gavin Pearson was on holiday :dunno:

givescotlandfreedom
01-01-2011, 12:31 AM
really enjoyed grant stott against maribor and other games, gets the crowd going

:agree: He's the man for it!

givescotlandfreedom
01-01-2011, 12:34 AM
totally shameful & embarassing performance last night trying to mimic the f>nny at Tynecastle - we are better than that

I don't think Scott Wilson's too bad - I know he slags us regularly but at derby day he tries to get both sets of fans going and goes for a good atmosphere all round

stevenhibs
01-01-2011, 05:30 AM
I have to agree, I quite like Scott. Obviously a Jambo through and though but despite this he's a good guy alround. Thought he was a shoe in for the real football phone in recently!

I don't think Scott Wilson's too bad - I know he slags us regularly but at derby day he tries to get both sets of fans going and goes for a good atmosphere all round

sparky
05-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Maybe we could get this guy as stadium announcer, or would it be too self deprecating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTysXITBCmk

Fantastic voice, seems articulate and wouldn't cost us much (eh Petrie!)

soproni1
06-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Maybe we could get this guy as stadium announcer, or would it be too self deprecating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTysXITBCmk

Fantastic voice, seems articulate and wouldn't cost us much (eh Petrie!)

think hes just been given a job with the Cleveland Cavaliers or something in america.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/01/05/cavs-homeless-announcer-job.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Pretty sure its the same guy.

Petrie probs wouldnt have forked the money out for him anyway

DaveF
06-01-2011, 01:40 PM

Fulham have already nailed that one with David 'Diddy' Hamilton doing the job there.

I can't say I'm overly fussed about who does the stadium announcements, but if we need someone to match the mood of the fans, how about the deadpan, boring sound of the guy that does the Liverpool tannoy? Sheesh, he sounds like a right barrel of laughs!