PDA

View Full Version : Riordan VS Zemmama

Liams
29-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Near the end on the game when Deeks and Zemmama had a wee school boy argument about who was taking the freekick got me thinking, who would you have to take the free kicks week in week out? I mean in the past Zemmama has scored so amazing one but you cant beat Deeks Dead ball magic. Your opinions?

sleeping giant
29-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Near the end on the game when Deeks and Zemmama had a wee school boy argument about who was taking the freekick got me thinking, who would you have to take the free kicks week in week out? I mean in the past Zemmama has scored so amazing one but you cant beat Deeks Dead ball magic. Your opinions?

Liam Miller can take good free kicks too.

Zouma should have taken that free kick :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't think there's much of a debate to be had here TBH.

Riordan by a country mile.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Deeks every time. Was a ridiculous arguement. Deeks had already created our first goal with a great free kick. Remember Stokes arguing with Deeks lst season as well before Deeks eventually got it and pinged it in the top corner. Riordan first choice from that position. Good to have Zouma if DR aint on the pitch tho.

Mikey_1875
29-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Riordan will make the keeper work 8/10 times. Zouma is far too erratic on them imo.

down-the-slope
29-12-2010, 10:04 PM
who ever feels most confident...would rather have then fighting to take it rather than no one stepping up to take responsibility..

Funniest thing was CC turning to management team and seeming to ask their view before shouting instructions onto the pitch....

Judas Iscariot
29-12-2010, 10:05 PM

:agree:

Riordan basically as good as scored our 1st goal from similar range and has been in fine striking form all season, whereas Zouma had just came back after almost a year out..

Plus, Riordan did have this on..

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:BtnFGurXpQ-NGM::www.nufcblog.org/2010/07/skippers-armband-still-up-for-grabs/&t=1&usg=AFrqEzddFpiXX3AyNkQ7l7CtFXvyTP6c_Q

NO argument IMO

forthhibby
29-12-2010, 10:06 PM
you've got to love zouma's confidence :thumbsup:

Hibs Class
29-12-2010, 10:06 PM

Mibbes Aye
29-12-2010, 10:18 PM

Hibs are rubbish at having players who can do something decent at free-kicks. We spent the whole of the nineties with nobody really. We would get free kicks thirty yards or closer from the opposition goal and there was never an obvious taker who could guarantee semi-consistently a shot on target - notwithstanding occasional cameos from Jackson, O'Neill and MacAllister.

We were blessed with Sauzee and then we got Riordan. No one else has offered anything like their threat from set pieces in the last twenty years.

GreenCastle
29-12-2010, 10:20 PM
2 good choices to have.

Riordan had to take the one near the end tonight.

I would put Zoomer on corners though :agree:

Sammy7nil
29-12-2010, 10:22 PM
No Contest Deek

Zouma made a Dick of himself and by the way Rordan had the armband on so his decision should have been respected.

Judas Iscariot
29-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Forgot to add that Zemamma told Riordan to take the corners as he was struggling with a dead leg/strain but then he was fine to try an take the freekick :cool2:

I love the wee man but cmon Zouma, it's not Primary 3 eh :rolleyes:

silverhibee
29-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Forgot to add that Zemamma told Riordan to take the corners as he was struggling with a dead leg/strain but then he was fine to try an take the freekick :cool2:

I love the wee man but cmon Zouma, it's not Primary 3 eh :rolleyes:

:top marks

(((Fergus)))
30-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Should have let Zemmama take it as he would have scored - it was in the script.

Incidentally, when was the last time Riordan scored from a free kick? Not saying it was a long time ago, just cannot recall off the top of my head. I know he has been pants from the penalty spot recently.

AllyF
30-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Riordan.

It's got to be Deeks every time. Both his free kicks tonight were superb - two great saves.

hibsbollah
30-12-2010, 12:41 AM
There was loads of 'Deeko...Deeko'...and 'Zouma...Zouma' chants going on round where I was...it was a bit like a playground rammy:greengrin

My heart says Zouma, my head says Deeko. But its all good, and it shows they care, something thats been missing lately:aok:

500miles
30-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Fine, I'm going to buck the trend here, and say that Derek should have relented. For me, while Riordan is more able to get power and bend on a ball, from a longer distance, Zemmama is more able to get the ball over a wall and down quickly, which would have caused united more problems.

Derek Riordan may have been wearing the armband, but that is only in the absence of Hogg, Murray and McBride. He is more chance of being Captain Birdseye than he has of being a real Hibs captain.

Scooter
30-12-2010, 02:44 AM
Deek 100%.

When it comes to dead balls I think zemamma thinks he's better at it than he is. Don't get me wrong he can do it but he's no where near consistent and as acurate as Deek

TowerHibs
30-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Fine, I'm going to buck the trend here, and say that Derek should have relented. For me, while Riordan is more able to get power and bend on a ball, from a longer distance, Zemmama is more able to get the ball over a wall and down quickly, which would have caused united more problems.

Derek Riordan may have been wearing the armband, but that is only in the absence of Hogg, Murray and McBride. He is more chance of being Captain Birdseye than he has of being a real Hibs captain.

Are u bucking the trend just to crave attention cause I feel your talking garbage. Can think of 3 riordan free kicks off top of my head that have been within 2/3 yards of the box, "up and down quickly as u say". Celtic, st mirren and Falkirk!

Zouma - can only mind one against Aberdeen and that was pretty far out!!!

Don't understand this love-in with zouma and some on here still slate Derek!!! Both drift in and out of games, both "luxury" players, both can't tackle, both aren't aggressive, one is rarely injured and one has scored over 100 goals for the club!!! We're a better team with both in starting 11 at least to put a bit fear into the opposition!

Jack
30-12-2010, 07:32 AM

I’m going to agree. They both have different abilities in taking free kicks and I also think its good to get a mix rather than becoming too predictable, which after almost six months of taking all the kicks I feel Deeks is.

So for me its both.

Beefster
30-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Riordan should take any freekicks around the box but I wish he'd stop taking corners.

Judas Iscariot
30-12-2010, 08:10 AM

What a lot of dross :yawn:

You really can't help having a go at Riordan can you :rolleyes:

Riordans Boots
30-12-2010, 08:25 AM

:Ummm: :yawn:

stoneyburn hibs
30-12-2010, 09:06 AM
nothing to debate here, deeks every time