PDA

View Full Version : Zemmama and Duffy?

RoxburghHibs
29-12-2010, 09:39 PM
How did Duffy and Zemmama perform tonight?

hibee
29-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Zemmama had a couple of moments but didn't do that much, had a good schoolboy argument with Riordan over a free kick though ! Duffy looks quite sharp although he didn't get that long.

hibee_girl
29-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Within 5 minutes of Zemmama being on we had 2 corners, he was wanted to get involved in everything going forward and looked lively. Utd players clearly set out to try take him out the game though as he took a couple of bad knocks from them.

Duffy was only on for about 15 minutes, nothing special but looked decent enough.

SloopJB
29-12-2010, 09:45 PM
I think the fact they did perform is the key.
two new signings for us at this stage, add whoever is deemed ready from those out on loan and a couple of january emergency signings and we'll be alright come May.

hibsbollah
29-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Zemmama had one great flick that reminded me of the old days and otherwise ran around and looked lively and fit. He dragged Utd defenders away from other players onto him and was kicked about quite a bit. Considering the length of time he's been out and the expectation levels it was a pretty good comeback. 7/10.

Duffy was OK, not enough time on the ball to judge.

col02
29-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Duffy looks like a forward happy to run the channels which is something we have been missing for quite a while now probably since Fletcher left. Zemmama looked rusty and tentative imho but given the nature of his injury just the boost he gave the support when he came on is worth his appearance alone! Good to have the wee man back in a Hibs shirt again that is for sure!

Pretty Boy
29-12-2010, 09:57 PM
I liked the look of Duffy. Not long to shine but looks like a guy who wants to run into channels and give options. Also not afraid to have a shot and be a bit direct.

Zemamma had a few flashes but needs time to get up to speed.

3pm
29-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Zemmama looked a bit rustier than Duffy in my view but no surprise when you consider they had 2 different injuries and were out for different lenghths of time.

Glad to see them though.

Westie1875
29-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Duffy looks like a forward happy to run the channels which is something we have been missing for quite a while now probably since Fletcher left. Zemmama looked rusty and tentative imho but given the nature of his injury just the boost he gave the support when he came on is worth his appearance alone! Good to have the wee man back in a Hibs shirt again that is for sure!

:agree: Had a big impact on the fans tonight just being on the pitch, and that backheel to De Graaf was sublime, more of the same please :greengrin:cool2:

Thought Duffy looked the fitter of the two and am looking forward to seeing more from him.

fife hfc
29-12-2010, 10:08 PM
I liked the look of Duffy in his short period on the pitch. Zemmama looked very rusty but still managed a few good contributions. I think both will improve the team as they settle in.

IWasThere2016
29-12-2010, 10:09 PM
That's encouraging - and at last we've options! :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
29-12-2010, 10:17 PM
It was like watching two creative football players. Brilliant. :flag:

Houchy
29-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Wasn't at the game but it's good to hear that they both had promising comebacks. My only concern is whether he (Zemamma) plays on the 1st or not. If he plays, you can guarantee that they'll go all out to crock him the first time he touches the ball but on the other hand, we can't afford not to play him:confused:

hibsbollah
29-12-2010, 10:18 PM
:agree: that backheel to De Graaf was sublime, more of the same please :greengrin:cool2:

:agree: It was sensational, a no-look backheeled volley straight to a teammate, no-one in our team can do stuff like that on a regular basis.

woody47
29-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Zouma looked like he had just come back from a long lay off. Some nice touches though but was disappointed when he feined injury then started asking ref to get the book out. Thought he had stopped all that nonsense. But still good to see him back as he really got the crowd going :thumbsup:
Duffy looks hungry and I reckon he could be a Godsend at the moment. :thumbsup:

All in all both look up for it and it was just like having signed two "good" new players. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TornadoHibby
29-12-2010, 10:25 PM
How did Duffy and Zemmama perform tonight?

Zouma had a decent shot deflected for a corner early on after he came on but possibly naturally, he was a tad timid tonight and was muscled off the ball continually after he had been kicked from behind a couple of times illegally!

Duffy looked sharp and might just give us something that we haven't had for a while now in terms of attacking options!

Let's see how they do on Saturday! :wink:

Sas_The_Hibby
29-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Wasn't at the game but it's good to hear that they both had promising comebacks. My only concern is whether he (Zemamma) plays on the 1st or not. If he plays, you can guarantee that they'll go all out to crock him the first time he touches the ball but on the other hand, we can't afford not to play him:confused:

If we get a ref like tonight's on Saturday they'll be able to break his leg with a sledgehammer and get away with it! :bitchy:

sleeping giant
29-12-2010, 10:28 PM
I thought both players looked good.
Really pleased to see Zouma back arguing over free kicks :greengrin
Duffy looks motivated too.

Could they both start on Saturday ?

1two
29-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Zemamma would have scored that freekick :greengrin:

Sas_The_Hibby
29-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Zouma had a decent shot deflected for a corner early on after he came on but possibly naturally, he was a tad timid tonight and was muscled off the ball continually after he had been kicked from behind a couple of times illegally!

Duffy looked sharp and might just give us something that we haven't had for a while now in terms of attacking options!

Let's see how they do on Saturday! :wink:

Apart from the time he got penalised by the ref just for standing his ground! :grr:

TornadoHibby
29-12-2010, 10:32 PM
If we get a ref like tonight's on Saturday they'll be able to break his leg with a sledgehammer and get away with it! :bitchy:

Aye he was a shocker tonight and should have booked several Utd players especially Goodwillie IMO!

Sas_The_Hibby
29-12-2010, 10:40 PM
Aye he was a shocker tonight and should have booked several Utd players especially Goodwillie IMO!

It was highly ironic that a referee who looked, at one point, as if he wouldn't book a United player in a month of Sundays, ended up sending one of them off. I suppose it proves he wasn't biased but just clueless!

TornadoHibby
29-12-2010, 10:43 PM
It was highly ironic that a referee who looked, at one point, as if he wouldn't book a United player in a month of Sundays, ended up sending one of them off. I suppose it proves he wasn't biased but just clueless!

Aye but what a phanny Swanson was tonight! :greengrin

He'll get well done over by Houston who went mental at him for the first yellow card for the un-necessary fould and was almost speechless when he handled the ball that was going out of play harmlessly! :wink:

Sas_The_Hibby
29-12-2010, 10:48 PM

He'll get well done over by Houston who went mental at him for the first yellow card for the un-necessary fould and was almost speechless when he handled the ball that was going out of play harmlessly! :wink:

Yeah, but we could do with more like him in opposing teams! :wink:

ryanelliot-hfc
29-12-2010, 10:51 PM
i think them two could change it.. zemmama right wing, galbraith left. riordan and duffy upfront.. if we get sproule.. galbraith bench..

Titch
29-12-2010, 10:57 PM

put yourself in his shoes playing the team you support and they in turmoil on @ 2-1 boom booked ball into box (i'll stick my hand on that ) off 2-2 hahahahahaha cheers wee man:aok::faf:

Onceinawhile
29-12-2010, 11:42 PM
We looked better with them than without them:agree:

GreenPJ
29-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Great to see them both but I think even on the bench for Zemmama on Saturday is a step too far. He is nowhere near fit enough for a game and certainly not a derby. I think he would get clattered and more likely to set himself further back rather than forward.

Duffy I do like the look of and as others have said he is mobile and runs the channels (deek take note). I certainly expect him to be on the bench against the Yams subject to a reaction to his game time tonight.

shamo9
29-12-2010, 11:52 PM
I'd be severely tempted to start Duffy against Hearts; his touch was good, he created space for the other forwards and he's been scoring in bounce games up to this point.

The fact is we simply can't play Derek Riordan up on his own and expect anything other than a comfortable day for the Hearts defence. If Trakys is still injured (most likely) then we've got either Nish or Duffy, the latter is an unknown quantity to Hearts and there would be no better way to make an impact.

Zemmama is still a bit far away although I wouldn't mind bringing him on in the last twenty if the game is still alive to give everyone a lift.

Springbank
30-12-2010, 02:46 AM
:agree: It was sensational, a no-look backheeled volley straight to a teammate, no-one in our team can do stuff like that on a regular basis.

Zemmama is seriously underrated - I'd go so far as to say no-one in the league can do the things he can,

watching him and Benji tear Celtic apart at Parkhead the game after JC left the club was a joy to witness (finished 1-1, special goal from Murph)

Great to see the wee man back, our 1 man team has returned!

shagpile
30-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Each & every one of them falls into that category.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Zemamma looked lively right from the minute he came on. He gave us real width on both sides with Galbraith for the first time this year. He lifted the crowd, had one or two good flicks, a decent shot, but did tire after 20-25 minutes, but kept going.

Duffy only got 15 minutes, and he too looked lively, found space to recieve the ball, dragging defenders out of position,creating gaps for others to go into.

To summarise, both when fit will strengthen the team, and relegate a couple of the crap further down the pecking order.:thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
30-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Instead of watching live from home last night, I decided to head out and play some pool and drink beer with friends, couldn't stomach Hibs again.
But I did check the scores through mobile and seen 2-1 down and thought no surprise there. But a late equaliser cheered me up, but not as much as reading that both Duffy and Zouma got some game time.......... This is really brilliant news and could save our season.

It's not just about Saturdays' game, so i hope they aint started if not ready.
We need them for all other games too.

Some hope finally for us :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
30-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Instead of watching live from home last night, I decided to head out and play some pool and drink beer with friends, couldn't stomach Hibs again.
But I did check the scores through mobile and seen 2-1 down and thought no surprise there. But a late equaliser cheered me up, but not as much as reading that both Duffy and Zouma got some game time.......... This is really brilliant news and could save our season.

It's not just about Saturdays' game, so i hope they aint started if not ready.
We need them for all other games too.

Some hope finally for us :thumbsup:

Agree would keep both on the bench and maybe start in the cup tie v Ayr next week. Both when fit will strengthen the team.

1two
30-12-2010, 10:53 AM
i think them two could change it.. zemmama right wing, galbraith left. riordan and duffy upfront.. if we get sproule.. galbraith bench..

We can't get sproule this season

TheMentalHibees
30-12-2010, 11:29 AM

How Goodwillie finished that game without a card is a mystery to me.