PDA

View Full Version : de graaf

Leitherhibs
29-12-2010, 08:12 PM
hows he playing?

Andy74
29-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Very well. Think he is a class act that we havent quite seen near the best if yet.

PeeJay
29-12-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm watching on Hibs TV - he seems to be having a reasonable game according to the commentators - the resolution's pretty low, I can't always see or tell who's who (except we're in green) ... he'll probably get subbed now:greengrin

Callum_62
29-12-2010, 09:10 PM
thought he was very good tonight.....hanlon should have been MOM tho.

!

hibee_girl
29-12-2010, 09:24 PM
He played ok, shouldn't have been MOM though, that should have been Stevenson or Hanlon

Judas Iscariot
29-12-2010, 09:42 PM
He played ok, shouldn't have been MOM though, that should have been Stevenson or Hanlon

Your at the wind up eh?

He was utterly terrible!!!

Hanlon was good though...

Scooter
29-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Your at the wind up eh?

I thought stevenson played well but Hanlon MOTM

hibee_girl
29-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Your at the wind up eh?

Nope, he played very well tonight. He made some decent important tackles, he pushed us forward and was always running into space. He was also the only one who even looked bothered when we had throw ins. Not sure how much more you would want from him

Westie1875
29-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Played well I thought, not sure he was MOM but to be honest there weren't many better than him. Thought the reaction (laughter) to the announcement of MOM from many fans was pathetic tonight tbh.

hibsbollah
29-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Stevenson, Hanlon De Graaf all played well, delighted for wee Lewis especially, that touch to go round his marker in the first half was exquisite.

Andy74
29-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Played well I thought, not sure he was MOM but to be honest there weren't many better than him. Thought the reaction (laughter) to the announcement of MOM from many fans was pathetic tonight tbh.

Yep that was poor.

down-the-slope
29-12-2010, 09:51 PM

:agree:

3pm
29-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Very well. Think he is a class act that we havent quite seen near the best if yet.

Very well is a bit generous in my view Andy. He is improving but has more to do yet.

What I will say is that you can't accuse him of hiding and he works his baws off.

col02
29-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Your at the wind up eh?

I must be at the wind up too as i thought Stevenson had a decent match too.

Andy74
Very well is a bit generous in my view Andy. He is improving but has more to do yet.

What I will say is that you can't accuse him of hiding and he works his baws off.

He certainly faded second half.

down-the-slope
we at least had some drive and passion in the midfield none did themselves any harm

Pretty Boy
29-12-2010, 09:55 PM

The laughter that greeted that announcement was a joke. De Graaf played well tonight. MOM? Probably not but he never hid and worked his erse off.

You could tell the reaction affected him as well because he was the only player not to go charging over to Hanlon when he scored. Those fans should be ashamed off themselves and give the guy a break FFS.

3pm
29-12-2010, 09:57 PM
He certainly faded second half.

I thought he was fairly steady throughout. He had a wee spell in the first half though where he was involved quite a bit.

fife hfc
29-12-2010, 10:04 PM
I thought De Graff should the necessary desire and fight we need at this moment in time and if all the players display the same we will be okay.

Iggy Pope
29-12-2010, 10:11 PM
I must be at the wind up too as i thought Stevenson had a decent match too.

Me too. Wee Lewis was MoM for me.

Aubenas
29-12-2010, 10:12 PM
A huge influence on tonight's improved performance was the effort and involvement of Lewis which contrasted with what we've been getting from Miller.
Pleased for the lad.:agree:

sleeping giant
29-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Good shift from DeGraff tonight. Needs to keep it going.

RickyS
29-12-2010, 10:26 PM

The laughter that greeted that announcement was a joke. De Graaf played well tonight. MOM? Probably not but he never hid and worked his erse off.

You could tell the reaction affected him as well because he was the only player not to go charging over to Hanlon when he scored. Those fans should be ashamed off themselves and give the guy a break FFS.

I thought the laughter was because he gave the ball away just as the announcement was made?

TornadoHibby
29-12-2010, 10:29 PM

I thought that his contribution was considerably better than "ok" but agree that Stevenson should have got MOTM!

Hanlon also played very well and deserved his goal!

Ritchie
29-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Hanlons passing was terrible tonight, I don't think he found a Hibs player all night, especially with his throw ins.

De graaf played well but never MOM.

Stevenson was good but not amazing as some people are making out.

Galbraith was MOM by a country mile.

Ritchie
29-12-2010, 10:35 PM
I thought the laughter was because he gave the ball away just as the announcement was made?

That's 100% correct, not because they thought he was playing ****, just ironic that he lost the ball just as it was announced

HibeePaj
29-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Very good display tonight from De Graaf. worked hard and gave it his all until the final whistle,,, maybe not MOM but i dont think it helps when fans boo the MOM choice

Ritchie
29-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Very good display tonight from De Graaf. worked hard and gave it his all until the final whistle,,, maybe not MOM but i dont think it helps when fans boo the MOM choice

Nobody boo'd the MOM choice! :confused:

ClewsHibs
29-12-2010, 11:03 PM

dont think they boo'd, i thought it was just because as it was being announced he passed straight to one of their players?:confused:

matty_f
29-12-2010, 11:08 PM
I thought De Graaf was by far and away the best player in the first half, but I don't think he was in the game at all in the second.

RIP
29-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Thing I liked is he and Stevenson tried to be adventurous - much better than the square ba all the time

jackhfc
29-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Edwin was the best player in the first half imo, overall i'd have to give it to Danny Galbraith though, the wee man never stopped running tonight and put several good balls in the box:agree:

greenlex
29-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Best 45 mins in a hibs jersey. Blowing out his erse the whole of the second half and should have been subbed instead if Stevenson.
Murray was struggling after an hour. We lost the midfeild until Swanston was ordered off with both these players struggling after good first halfs.

deek68
29-12-2010, 11:54 PM

I thought it was because everyone was a bit :shocked:

Good effort though by De Graaf, showed a bit of eagerness that can't do any harm.

Sheite in the air though. Needs the ball on the deck..

Brads Laing
30-12-2010, 12:28 AM
I thought stevenson played well but Hanlon MOTM
Agree :agree:

fife hfc
30-12-2010, 10:44 AM
De Graff sheit in the air! He had a number of flick ons that nobody anticipated or chased. I liked the workrate of De Graff and the fact he does not hide. We need more of that in our current situation.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2010, 11:00 AM
An average player, who did another average job. MOM :faf: Galbraith at last stood up and was counted last night, and if Brown had opened his bloody eyes when he had the ball, he'd have seen him in wide open space, with open ground to run into quite a few times, but he'd rather kick the ball up front to Riordan, or put the bloody thing out of play.:grr:

Tyler Durden
30-12-2010, 01:39 PM
I can't believe people thought De Graaf had a good game. Best player in the first half........a first half when Hibs contributed next to nothing and could have been 4 down!

What exactly did De Graaf contribute? No wonder a laugh reverberated round the stadium when he was announced MOTM. He did not win flick ons as someone mentioned previously and other than one cut back to Deek in the 2nd half, did very little in an attacking sense.

A complete imposter and total waste of money. Much like Hart, who has to be dropped for the derby. He must have a hand in over half of the goals we concede.

Alfred E Newman
30-12-2010, 02:02 PM
We are not allowed to boo and now we are criticised for laughing. :brickwall