PDA

View Full Version : Celtic 2 Hibs 3 from 1993

hibsbollah
29-12-2010, 04:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COW-QQmt6Mw

Some nice vintage footage here, including a present from one Tony Mowbray. I'd forgotten all about this game:flag:

HibbyAndy
29-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Without clicking on the video i was their , Evans getting the winner i think.

PaulSmith
29-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Great game and not that long after we had beat them 2-1 two years before in what was a performance that really still sticks in my mind...Im sure it was meant to be Paul McStay's last game for Celtic too and by us winning it cost them a place in Europe :)

HibbyAndy
29-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Great game and not that long after we had beat them 2-1 two years before in what was a performance that really still sticks in my mind...Im sure it was meant to be Paul McStay's last game for Celtic too and by us winning it cost them a place in Europe :)

It let the Tramps in.

AFKA5814_Hibs
29-12-2010, 04:36 PM

That game was in May 1992, it let the Yams get the last European spot at the time, although Celtic got one eventually after the Yugoslavian teams were booted out. The game in the clip was in September 1992.

PaulSmith
29-12-2010, 04:40 PM
That game was in May 1992, it let the Yams get the last European spot at the time, although Celtic got one eventually after the Yugoslavian teams were booted out. The game in the clip was in September 1992.

Cheers, I certainly remember it was the '91 team that won the cup. Mikey Weir was outstanding that day.

Greendreamer
29-12-2010, 06:03 PM
I remember being in the Main Stand with my old man in with the 'home' support. When the winner went in I was leaping around like a complete dafty, then there was that pause as I realised where I was. Thought I was gonna get a kicking, thank the wee man for the priests sitting beside me.....

Was the first season of Darren Jackson at ER ?

I remember the following match was the match at ER with Anderlecht in the midweek

Hibernia Na Eir
29-12-2010, 06:13 PM
how we could do with the Jacksons, McLeods, Wrights, Weirs & McGinlays right now....

More fight in that starting XI than any of those imposters who wear the jerseys right now (exception of Deeks)

madabouthibs
29-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Gets a bit boring, watching us pump 3 past the Weej. :greengrin

DH1875
29-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Loving the memories. Nice one:thumbsup:. Love checking out the old clips and trying to spot myself in the crowd. Was 14 at the time and was first season I was allowed to go to the games :greengrin. I'm sure we also beat them 3-2 a couple of years later with Michael O'Neil scoring the winner.