PDA

View Full Version : Stokes

dp00
29-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Heard a wee rumour that stokes will be leaving celtic in january.... due to off field problems

has so much talent you think he would just screw the nut and get on with it. can see him playing for a first division team or lower if he does not get his act together

if true it would only confirm what we already know that hibs were right to sell him so cheap

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Heard a wee rumour that stokes will be leaving celtic in january.... due to off field problems

has so much talent you think he would just screw the nut and get on with it. can see him playing for a first division team or lower if he does not get his act together

if true it would only confirm what we already know that hibs were right to sell him so cheap

How much does the rumour mill say they'll be selling for? How would it justify the price we got?

scoopyboy
29-12-2010, 04:28 PM

Not heard anything but I wouldn't be surprised.

The guy is trouble and will cause it wherever he goes.

It will eventually end up that the price we got for him will be a good bit of business.

The Voice Of Reason
29-12-2010, 04:32 PM

It will eventually end up that the price we got for him will be a good bit of business.

What exactly did Stokes do while he was at Hibs e.g what kind of trouble did he cause ? (Not doubting you, but there is so much rumour I would like to know the facts !)

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
29-12-2010, 04:34 PM

I hope Rod negotiated an appropriate sell on clause.

:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2010, 04:37 PM
What exactly did Stokes do while he was at Hibs e.g what kind of trouble did he cause ? (Not doubting you, but there is so much rumour I would like to know the facts !)

One thing I know he done while he was here was score rakes of goals. Important goals as well. Something we desperately need just now.

hibee92
29-12-2010, 04:37 PM

i was told he was borrowing money off under 19 players to pay off gambling debts :confused:
either way he did a good job here and won a good few points for us but if his off the field problems are as bad as some are saying good job he's left. no room for that kind of person in the dressing room IMO :agree:

scoopyboy
29-12-2010, 04:39 PM

Sponging money off players for gambling and not repaying, including young laddies who don't earn a lot.

Phoning in sick for days in a row and being up the town on the bevvy.

Not trying a leg in training.

Breaking club rules in regards to being out before a game.

CropleyWasGod
29-12-2010, 04:42 PM
I hope Rod negotiated an appropriate sell on clause.

:wink:

I think that clause may have included the words... wash, hands, darken, door and taxi.

iwasthere1972
29-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Sponging money off players for gambling and not repaying, including young laddies who don't earn a lot.

Plus he didnae tip the London tax driver when he got dropped off in Glasgow.

erin go bragh
29-12-2010, 04:47 PM
maybe trouble off the park but on the park he done the buisness and without him in our side is a big part of the problem were in . i would take him back in a heartbeat.

down-the-slope
29-12-2010, 04:48 PM
I think that clause may have included the words... wash, hands, darken, door and taxi.

and if there was a sell on its normal for % of increase......i.e. there will be none in this situation

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2010, 04:49 PM
maybe trouble off the park but on the park he done the buisness and without him in our side is a big part of the problem were in . i would take him back in a heartbeat.

Getting rid off him doesn't seem to have done anything for team spirit either - they're still churning out insipid performance after insipid performance nearly 6 months after the "problem" was sold.

ballengeich
29-12-2010, 04:50 PM
I thought a player could only play for 2 teams in a season, so I'm sceptical about him moving again in January.

hibee92
29-12-2010, 04:54 PM
I thought a player could only play for 2 teams in a season, so I'm sceptical about him moving again in January.

good shout! i recall a problem with this when rangers tried to sell daniel cousin to hull i think :confused:

.Sean.
29-12-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm not surprised. I know a lad at Falkirk who was a young lad when Stokes was there. Back then he was bother, but no so much the gambling. I've heard numerous stories from numerous folk and if there is truth in them, he's a real mess. Good player but I believe the club are well rid.

muirhousehibby
29-12-2010, 04:58 PM

yip its a Fifa Ruling too, even loan signings are included. Stokes won't be moving anywhere untill the summer at the earliest...:agree:

HibbyAndy
29-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Couldnt give a toss about the laddies personal life, The fact of the matter is (Like Riordan ) He scored goals for Hibs more often than not.

Now we dont have the benefit of Stokesys goals, Pish head? Trouble maker? etc etc.. Really couldnt give a Monkeys, The boy scored goals for hibs and now he doesnt, Thats the hard facts.

scoopyboy
29-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Couldnt give a toss about the laddies personal life, The fact of the matter is (Like Riordan ) He scored goals for Hibs more often than not.

Now we dont have the benefit of Stokesys goals, Pish head? Trouble maker? etc etc.. Really couldnt give a Monkeys, The boy scored goals for hibs and now he doesnt, Thats the hard facts.

Very short sighted.

He was creating hell at the club, he had to go.

HibbyAndy
29-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Very short sighted.

Short sighted? How am i ment to know he was creating hell? Im looking as an outsider..We miss his goals and the table reflects that.

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Very short sighted.

Why has nothing improved since he left then? If anything it's got worse.

scoopyboy
29-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Short sighted? How am i ment to know he was creating hell? Im looking as an outsider..We miss his goals and the table reflects that.

Cos I told you......lol.

No argument we miss his goals.

IMO he will end up like Paul Gascoigne, only he won't have achieved anything. All very sad really.

HibbyAndy
29-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Cos I told you......lol.

No argument we miss his goals.

IMO he will end up like Paul Gascoigne, only he won't have achieved anything. All very sad really.

:greengrin

scoopyboy
29-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Why has nothing improved since he left then? If anything it's got worse.

I don't have the answer to that DH, I along with many others wish we had.

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2010, 05:14 PM
I don't have the answer to that DH, I along with many others wish we had.

There are so many similar rumours going around about him that I believe them, all I'm saying is how come if he was causing so much disharmony and that are the players still performing as pishly?

Unless the players aren't good enough and we punted the one that could do the damage just to keep the under performers happy?

Hamish
29-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Very short sighted.

:agree: I heard he wasn't the only one though

marinello59
29-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Getting rid off him doesn't seem to have done anything for team spirit either - they're still churning out insipid performance after insipid performance nearly 6 months after the "problem" was sold.

The board just got rid of him to weaken the team. FACT. They hate Hibs.:agree:

scoopyboy
29-12-2010, 05:18 PM
There are so many similar rumours going around about him that I believe them, all I'm saying is how come if he was causing so much disharmony and that are the players still performing as pishly?

Unless the players aren't good enough and we punted the one that could do the damage just to keep the under performers happy?

I personally don't think our squad of players are good enough.

Not so much pleasing under performers but not setting good example to youngsters is my take.

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2010, 05:19 PM

:tee hee:

It does look like a mistake now though.

I'm_cabbaged
29-12-2010, 05:20 PM

At last, someone comes out with facts and not vicious rumours.

Hamish
29-12-2010, 05:21 PM

What a ridiculous post, you expect us to believe that the board........

oh I see what you did there:greengrin

HibbyAndy
29-12-2010, 05:21 PM

Cause take away Stokes 20 odd goals last season and its inevitable we are heading the wrong way in the League..If Riordan is the next to leave then i dread to fear where we are heading.

FAO of the Riordan 'we cant break the budget to keep him posters', Im merely stating without the pair of them guys goals Hibs are ****ed.

Jim44
29-12-2010, 05:22 PM

:agree: I'll second that tenfold. Nothing like cutting your nose off to spite your face. I'm convinced that much of our present nightmare is to do with his transfer.

marinello59
29-12-2010, 05:31 PM
At last, someone comes out with facts and not vicious rumours.

Thanks, not something I would ever do.
By the way, just seen Petrie wandering the streets dressed in a cheeky off the shoulder number and wearing stilettos. I am pretty sure he was strangling a puppy as well whilst shouting something that sounded suspiciously like ''C'mon the Hearts.'' FACT

offshorehibby
29-12-2010, 05:35 PM
So, what some are saying on here is:
It's ok to take the piss out your team mates
have no respect for the club
and abuse your position with the youngsters in the team by 'take' their money off them.

But it's ok he scores goals

Pish, he was a bad influence everywhere.

scoopyboy
29-12-2010, 05:40 PM
HibbyAndy / Danderhall Hibs

Enjoyed our little discussion.

However I'm off to the Brig, then onto ELHSC bus, collect fares, to Loch Inn and then ER.

If I bump into Stokes I will buy him drink or give him the club funds to gamble with to show there are no hard feelings.

GGTTH.

I'm_cabbaged
29-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks, not something I would ever do.
By the way, just seen Petrie wandering the streets dressed in a cheeky off the shoulder number and wearing stilettos. I am pretty sure he was strangling a puppy as well whilst shouting something that sounded suspiciously like ''C'mon the Hearts.'' FACT

The man's insane!!!
Stilettos with icy pavements?
What I want to know is, has he moved the tache so he's got a Brazilian aswell? :confused:

essexhibee
29-12-2010, 05:43 PM
First class erse. Yet another footballer with rocks for brains who pisses away talent. Hope he ****s away his career and that fellow Irish judas Miller goes down with him.

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2010, 05:44 PM
HibbyAndy / Danderhall Hibs

Enjoyed our little discussion.

However I'm off to the Brig, then onto ELHSC bus, collect fares, to Loch Inn and then ER.

If I bump into Stokes I will buy him drink or give him the club funds to gamble with to show there are no hard feelings.

GGTTH.

:thumbsup: See if he can give you a couple of goals to take along to ER with you.

silverhibee
29-12-2010, 05:52 PM
I hear he is a big hit with the celtc players, they are just loving Stokes. :wink:

Woody1985
29-12-2010, 07:02 PM

:faf:
:top marks

Jim44
29-12-2010, 07:08 PM

I prefer 'The board just got rid of him and weakened the team. They don't hate Hibs................. they just don't have a scooby.

Kaiser1962
29-12-2010, 08:34 PM

It does look like a mistake now though.

We do miss his goals and his goal threat.

Total helmet of an individual though.

SRHibs
29-12-2010, 08:58 PM
that fellow Irish judas Miller goes down with him.

Bit premature no?

Kaiser1962
29-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Bit premature no?

Just a tad..............

The Voice Of Reason
29-12-2010, 10:39 PM

So apart from that he was a good lad then :wink:

Sounds like an unsavoury character, a reprobate. Yes, we miss his goals, but good riddance.

Thanks for the reply :thumbsup:

KeithTheHibby
29-12-2010, 10:51 PM

If the above is true then surely he would have been disciplined by the club?

I don't seem to recollect seeing Stokes dropped for any games for any of the above incidents?

KeithTheHibby
29-12-2010, 10:53 PM
So, what some are saying on here is:
It's ok to take the piss out your team mates
have no respect for the club
and abuse your position with the youngsters in the team by 'take' their money off them.

But it's ok he scores goals

Pish, he was a bad influence everywhere.

And was he ever dropped by Hughes for this? No. I think I will take all these stories with a huge pinch of salt...

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2010, 10:59 PM
If the above is true then surely he would have been disciplined by the club?

I don't seem to recollect seeing Stokes dropped for any games for any of the above incidents?

I think he was for the Dundee United game at the end of last season - he was on the bench - came on to score to make it 2-4.

scoopyboy
29-12-2010, 11:05 PM
And was he ever dropped by Hughes for this? No. I think I will take all these stories with a huge pinch of salt...

Take as much salt as you want, I couldn't give a f***.

I don't post crap, there are plenty other posters on here know that and some know just as well as me what he was up to.

But just you believe what you want.

dp00
30-12-2010, 08:05 AM

I don't post crap, there are plenty other posters on here know that and some know just as well as me what he was up to.

:agree:

forgot about the 2 team rule. as silverhibee says tho the celtic players are just loving him...:rolleyes: i beleive the reason there was no publicity of him being disiplined or missing from training is so hibs could get rid of him at the first oppertunity

i was told celtic paid off his "debt" just after he joined then he went out and continued to borrow more money off people

I would say its the best piece of business hibs have done getting rid of him, he is exactly the player you dont want your younger players looking up to.

KeithTheHibby
30-12-2010, 11:27 AM

Who said you were talking crap??

I just find it hard to believe that one player allegedly got away with so much nonsense without being disciplined for it.

If this was going on then surely Hughes was not doing his job by allowing him to get away with it? If this was the case then Hughes would have been away from ER before Stokes for not dealing with his players correctly?

Just because your name is Scoobyboy doesn't mean that we have to believe everything you post...

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2010, 11:38 AM

I just find it hard to believe that one player allegedly got away with so much nonsense without being disciplined for it.

If this was going on then surely Hughes was not doing his job by allowing him to get away with it? If this was the case then Hughes would have been away from ER before Stokes for not dealing with his players correctly?

Hibs tend to do their internal stuff without broadcasting it. So, we don't actually know whether he was disciplined for it. I suspect he was, that it do no good, and the ultimate sanction had to be used.

J-C
30-12-2010, 11:58 AM

Just because your name is Scoobyboy doesn't mean that we have to believe everything you post...

Therein lies the problem with John Hughes and his man mangement methods, turning blind eyes because he bangs in goals, even although at the same time he was causing fractions in the dressing room, the same when Bamba decided to take extra time for his holidays but instead of disciplining him, straight into the team he went.

Kaiser1962
30-12-2010, 12:06 PM
And theres the rub Keith. For all those that are suggesting we shouldnt have sold this bod or that one what can the club realistically do? In normal employment the company would go through a disciplinary procedure with ulitimately dimissal as a possibility but that would suit someone who wants away just fine. The days of draconian measures against players are long gone.

Phil D. Rolls
30-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Plus he didnae tip the London tax driver when he got dropped off in Glasgow.

No bloody wonder, he lives in West Lothian.

brog
30-12-2010, 12:41 PM

Yeah, but even London cabbies know not to go to West Lothian!!

Seriously, I think the board & Yogi should ( for once :greengrin ) be commended for the way they handled the Stokes situation. There were various scenarios most of which could have resulted in us losing out. Firstly we could have lost out on the playing front by suspending him with possible further consequences of an ongoing dip in form. Secondly if he had been publically suspended his problems would have become known to a wider audience & his transfer fee would have been further negatively impacted.
Instead Hibs, Yogi in particular, worked with him & cajoled him into action, mainly by making promises re his next move. We got a great season out of him, got rid of a bad dressing room influence & made a good profit on his transfer, I'm not sure we could have done much more in this case.

jdships
30-12-2010, 12:41 PM

I can vouch for at one instance of borrowing money off one of the young lads at EM.
Took a couple of "gentle reminders" to get it back WEEKS later :rolleyes:
There appears to have been a number of occasions of the same thing happening but I only have second hand stories.
I do know of two other "unpayed" debts at Sunderland .
I also understand the "weegie" press are "researching" a story about him :greengrin
All in all better without him

LeithBoozy
30-12-2010, 12:45 PM
#56 FILLED ROLLS,
very good. LOL. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
30-12-2010, 12:47 PM

:doh:

snooky
30-12-2010, 12:50 PM
I can vouch for at one instance of borrowing money off one of the young lads at EM.
Took a couple of "gentle reminders" to get it back WEEKS later :rolleyes:
There appears to have been a number of occasions of the same thing happening but I only have second hand stories.
I do know of two other "unpayed" debts at Sunderland .
I also understand the "weegie" press are "researching" a story about him :greengrin
All in all better without him

No place for this kind of behaviour in any working environment. :bye:

Sounds like the type of guy who would give you "double or quits" on the loan by saying "I bet you don't get your money back".

Jack
30-12-2010, 01:11 PM

Golden balls / Yogis love child.

I think we saw a number of players who were undropable while others played their socks off when the chance came and were dumped.

jdships
30-12-2010, 01:12 PM
No place for this kind of behaviour in any working environment. :bye:

Sounds like the type of guy who would give you "double or quits" on the loan by saying "I bet you don't get your money back".

My thought's exactly.
Trouble is with these stories one has to be careful what is put in print .
The week before he left I spoke to him for half an hour or so in the company of a couple of Hibs players and he was great company but at the back of my mind I couldn't help thinking of the "stories" that were circulating !!!!!!!!!!!:greengrin

:flag:

ronaldo7
30-12-2010, 01:33 PM

The guys just not got a scooby:wink: I believe Scoopyboy though:aok:

David@EasterRoad
30-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Pretty sure Stokes was dropped for the european game because he and others had been messing about in pre season.

J-C
30-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I work nights on the black cabs and can assure all of you the drinking almost every midweek( tues-thurs ) happened in the upmarket George St pubs and clubs. Young Mccormack even stuck one on him in Shanghai night club, the doormen from all of these places tned to like to tell us all of what happened.:wink:

As far as gambling is concerned, well seemingly owed Riordan a good few quid( we're not talking 100's here ) and was also getting into bother with a gambling/bookmakers syndicate, the last I heard was his wages were getting forwarded to his dad so the debts could be payed off.

Very good player but the brains of a boiled egg, will rot away in the game and disappear in a couple of years time, may end up the same as a young ex Hibbie we know from a few years ago.

Hibby D
30-12-2010, 01:56 PM

What happens if he changes his name to scoopyboy? Will you believe him then?:greengrin

BroxburnHibee
30-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah, but even London cabbies know not to go to West Lothian!!

Seriously, I think the board & Yogi should ( for once :greengrin ) be commended for the way they handled the Stokes situation. There were various scenarios most of which could have resulted in us losing out. Firstly we could have lost out on the playing front by suspending him with possible further consequences of an ongoing dip in form. Secondly if he had been publically suspended his problems would have become known to a wider audience & his transfer fee would have been further negatively impacted.
Instead Hibs, Yogi in particular, worked with him & cajoled him into action, mainly by making promises re his next move. We got a great season out of him, got rid of a bad dressing room influence & made a good profit on his transfer, I'm not sure we could have done much more in this case.

:top marks

Keith_M
30-12-2010, 02:37 PM
The man's insane!!!
Stilettos with icy pavements?

Actually, Stilletos are really useful on icy pavements cause they give a bit of grip with the heel.

Ehm, eh, at least so I've been told...

:embarrass

Rivers Cuomo
30-12-2010, 02:45 PM
I work nights on the black cabs and can assure all of you the drinking almost every midweek( tues-thurs ) happened in the upmarket George St pubs and clubs. Young Mccormack even stuck one on him in Shanghai night club, the doormen from all of these places tned to like to tell us all of what happened.:wink:

As far as gambling is concerned, well seemingly owed Riordan a good few quid( we're not talking 100's here ) and was also getting into bother with a gambling/bookmakers syndicate, the last I heard was his wages were getting forwarded to his dad so the debts could be payed off.

Very good player but the brains of a boiled egg, will rot away in the game and disappear in a couple of years time, may end up the same as a young ex Hibbie we know from a few years ago.

You sir are 100% correct

silverhibee
30-12-2010, 02:48 PM

Scoopyboy is correct in what he said about Stokes, the club done everything in there powers to help Stokes with his problems, but he was beyond help and Hibs got rid of him, Yogi didn't help himself either by letting Stokes act like an a hole either.
While players were being fined for commenting on the state of the pitch, yet Yogi wouldn't dare say what Stokes was getting up to on and of the pitch to the board for fear of losing his own job.
Anyway celtcs problem now, and he is causing plenty of them at his new club.

Brizo
30-12-2010, 03:16 PM

:agree:

Heard the very same reports including that he owed Deek thousands and that his wages were getting sent direct to his old boy at the dads Dublin boozer.

Some folk on this thread obviously subscribe to the he can do whatever he likes as long as he scores goals school of thought. Not me. In any employer there are certain standards of behaviour employees should adhere to and if they wont then they should be out the door regardless of how good they are at their job.

Stokes was a major disruptive influence in the dressing room and Yogi couldnt or wouldnt control him. Ironic that in allowing Stokes to do whatever he wanted to keep himself in a job Yogi lost the respect of the other players and ultimately lost that job.

scoopyboy
30-12-2010, 04:50 PM

Of coarse you don't have to believe everything I post, interesting you use the word we though. Are you the spokesman for some splinter group? Also very childish rubbishing my user name. Since you posted the above reply posters have backed my claims.

Anyhow back on topic the club did discipline him but as happens thesedays his employers also tried to help him. At the end of the day Hibs could only do so much.

scoopyboy
30-12-2010, 04:58 PM

What happens if he changes his name to scoopyboy? Will you believe him then?:greengrin

Funny that D, when I read his reply I just knew it would get a response from you.

We have a truly telepathetic understanding.

BroxburnHibee
30-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Funny that D, when I read his reply I just knew it would get a response from you.

scoopyboy
30-12-2010, 05:04 PM

super word, I use it a lot. I'm looking for support to get it in the Oxford dictionary.

Pretty Boy
30-12-2010, 05:23 PM
If he's got a gambling problem then i have a certain level of sympathy for him having been there myself. It's hard to condone borrowing money of teammates with no intention of paying it back, especially from young lads who don't earn a fortune anyway though.

The reason there was probably no mention of disciplinary action in the papers is that Hibs as his employer had a reponsibility to handle the situation in a sensitive manner. If the stories of yogi turning a blind eye to some of the behaviour is true then he certainly didn't help the situation, although it appears a few on here would agree with that stance on the basis that he scores goals.

I think Hibs dealt with the situation pretty well, keep the problem quiet and move the player on quickly and discreetly. As for Stokes i'm not going to condone or defend his behaviour but i truly hope he can beat his problems, be it alcohol and gambling, and rebuild his career. I wish him the best in acheiving that.

Hibby D
30-12-2010, 06:06 PM

Glad I didn't disappoint :cool2::greengrin

And for what it's worth - whilst I don't hang on EVERY word that's posted by yourself and other noteworthy insiders, I do believe that in the main, your scoops (or should I say "scoobs" :na na:) are pretty much always on the money :agree:

KeithTheHibby
30-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Of coarse you don't have to believe everything I post, interesting you use the word we though. Are you the spokesman for some splinter group? Also very childish rubbishing my user name. Since you posted the above reply posters have backed my claims.

Anyhow back on topic the club did discipline him but as happens thesedays his employers also tried to help him. At the end of the day Hibs could only do so much.

Fair point and I am man enough to admit that I am more than likely to be in the wrong on this occasion.
If he was as bad as the rumours go then Hughes should take a lot more blame for not dealing with him correctly, remember McLeish and Latapy? That is how to disclipine someone!

Anyway apologies for rubbishing your name, it wasn't intentional. I always enjoy reading your 'scoops' and Silverhibees to boot, nice to get some inside info from the club.

Friends again?:greengrin

scoopyboy
30-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Fair point and I am man enough to admit that I am more than likely to be in the wrong on this occasion.
If he was as bad as the rumours go then Hughes should take a lot more blame for not dealing with him correctly, remember McLeish and Latapy? That is how to disclipine someone!

Anyway apologies for rubbishing your name, it wasn't intentional. I always enjoy reading your 'scoops' and Silverhibees to boot, nice to get some inside info from the club.

Friends again?:greengrin

No problems.

I'm old enough to realise my info is entitled to be challenged, however I was very confident in the Stokes files that I was spot on.

Regarding the Latapy scenario I'm sure McLeish acted correctly but there is still a bit of me believes if he played him in the final we might just have won.

KeithTheHibby
31-12-2010, 12:12 PM
No problems.

I'm old enough to realise my info is entitled to be challenged, however I was very confident in the Stokes files that I was spot on.

Regarding the Latapy scenario I'm sure McLeish acted correctly but there is still a bit of me believes if he played him in the final we might just have won.

Cool.

Re your Latapy point I did think McLeish was a bit OTT in dealing with thr situation, a bit like cut off your nose to spite your face type scenario.

I guess we will never know now however we would have had a better chance if Russell had been on the park..

truehibernian
31-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Cool.

Re your Latapy point I did think McLeish was a bit OTT in dealing with thr situation, a bit like cut off your nose to spite your face type scenario.

I guess we will never know now however we would have had a better chance if Russell had been on the park..

I think it was the fact Russell drove a VW Beetle that drove McLeish over the edge. Cannae have a Hibee driving such a feminine motor :greengrin

Have to say Latapy treated the club really badly over that period. Not interested in contract talks, partying with Dwight Yorke and his mind was made up before the cup final itself that he was away. His mind was on everything but Hibs at that point. I thought McLeish handled it well and showed the other players what a tough decision maker he was. Russell's excuse was a belter too.......being chased by papparazzi I seem to recall was the reason given for driving pashed.

Peevemor
31-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Cool.

People forget that Latapy wasn't really playing very well at the time.

--------
31-12-2010, 12:47 PM

And he wasn't the sort of player who could raise his game for a one-off big match either.... :rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
31-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Cool.

Or perhaps we dont actually know the full story and its not quite as straightforward as we would believe?

scoopyboy
31-12-2010, 05:10 PM

Fair point but on a nice hot day and a great atmosphere he just might have given us a farewell present.