PDA

View Full Version : Calderwoods future Hibs

lucky
29-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Tonight will tell us a lot of what the future is going to be like under CC. If he picks Hogg and makes him captain it in my opinion shows that that he is willing to accept piss poor players and will dance to Rodders tune. I fully expect the crowd to be around 9000 tonight and that we will meekly surrender and get beat.

Hibs appear to be a club in decline. Deeks of to Turkey, Miller of to Hearts and Rankin and Hogg getting new deals (Rumours i know). As we march towards the 1st division. I for one am not willing accept that. I pay £405 for a ST , i do so out of love for my club, I am loyal and continue to attend and support but I am not sure I along with many others will continue to torture ourselves by giving our support to mediocre dross that wears the Green and White of Hibs.

Mikey
29-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Tonight will tell us a lot of what the future is going to be like under CC..............

Looks like you've already made your mind up.

Hibbyradge
29-12-2010, 11:07 AM
If he picks Hogg and makes him captain it in my opinion shows that that he is willing to accept piss poor players

It wouldn't show me that, at all. It would suggest he hasn't got any other options at the back.

and will dance to Rodders tune

What is Rodders tune?

Baldy Foghorn
29-12-2010, 11:10 AM
What is Rodders tune?

Money, Money, Money?? (Abba) :confused:

Leithenhibby
29-12-2010, 11:14 AM
It tells me that he will give everybody a chance to prove that they can hack-it or he will be out the door asap :agree:

CC is nobody's fool and I for one will back him to the hilt until he gets his players/team sorted :cool2:

I think it's fair to say that this season has gone (except cup) and I would imagine huge change come the summer ... Just hold on and enjoy the ride :greengrin

3pm
29-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Money's too tight to mention.

allmodcons
29-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Tonight will tell us a lot of what the future is going to be like under CC. If he picks Hogg and makes him captain it in my opinion shows that that he is willing to accept piss poor players and will dance to Rodders tune. I fully expect the crowd to be around 9000 tonight and that we will meekly surrender and get beat.

Hibs appear to be a club in decline. Deeks of to Turkey, Miller of to Hearts and Rankin and Hogg getting new deals (Rumours i know). As we march towards the 1st division. I for one am not willing accept that. I pay £405 for a ST , i do so out of love for my club, I am loyal and continue to attend and support but I am not sure I along with many others will continue to torture ourselves by giving our support to mediocre dross that wears the Green and White of Hibs.

I think you should seriously consider changing your username.

You sound anything but 'lucky' to me!!

Hibee Daz
29-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Money, Money, Money?? (Abba) :confused:

:tee hee: :top marks

lucky
29-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Rodders keeps a lovely balance sheet but piss poor teams on the park. JC challenged this and walked. CC appears to willing accept that the balance sheet comes first.

There are alternatives at CH--Murray , Stevens, Dickho to name 3.

As for captain surely anyone would be better that Hogg. CC made a mistake on saturday picking Hogg and giving him the arm band.

Cropley10
29-12-2010, 11:32 AM

Hogg was grossly incompetent on Sunday. I can't believe that a manager who himself was a CH, will stick with him after that 'performance'.

As for the rumours - lets not get too carried away, just yet. They're rumours, in a slow news period...

HibeeMassive
29-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Rodders keeps a lovely balance sheet but piss poor teams on the park. JC challenged this and walked. CC appears to willing accept that the balance sheet comes first.There are alternatives at CH--Murray , Stevens, Dickho to name 3.

As for captain surely anyone would be better that Hogg. CC made a mistake on saturday picking Hogg and giving him the arm band.

Not sure I follow this part of your statement - how do you derive this from his 6 weeks or so in charge ?

Sir David Gray
29-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Calderwood's future Hibs won't be seen until he has the chance to bring in his own players.

However, I would agree with you about him playing Hogg tonight. His performance on Sunday was so bad that Calderwood just has to play Dickoh or Stephens in there tonight, if Bamba is still struggling.

As for the rumours regarding Riordan and Miller, at the moment that's all they are - rumours.

Yes it's absolutely brutal at the moment and I fully expect to witness another defeat tonight but I won't judge Calderwood until he's had a fair crack of the whip at emptying all the rubbish at the club and bringing in his own players, who will play the game the way that he wants.

However, if he does offer new contracts to Rankin and Hogg, I will start to get quite concerned about where we are going as a club.

ScottB
29-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Rodders keeps a lovely balance sheet but piss poor teams on the park. JC challenged this and walked. CC appears to willing accept that the balance sheet comes first.

There are alternatives at CH--Murray , Stevens, Dickho to name 3.

Oh for god's sake will everyone just give it a ******ing rest eh!

You all sound delighted at the idea of failure just so it gives you something to bloody moan about.

lucky
29-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Not sure I follow this part of your statement - how do you derive this from his 6 weeks or so in charge ?

It is based on the new contracts supposedly offered to Hogg and Rankin.

hibs0666
29-12-2010, 11:52 AM

Tonight will tell us absolutely hee-haw about what Hibs might look like in even one years time.

lucky
29-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Oh for god's sake will everyone just give it a ******ing rest eh!

You all sound delighted at the idea of failure just so it gives you something to bloody moan about.

I doubt very much thete are any Hibs fans that want failure. The whole point of a message board is to discuss all things Hibs. Some good some bad. But if you don't like it don't read or post.

Hibs90
29-12-2010, 11:56 AM
It is based on the new contracts supposedly offered to Hogg and Rankin.

So your whole opinion here is based on rumours :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
29-12-2010, 11:59 AM
So your whole opinion here is based on rumours :rolleyes:

Every opinion on here is based on rumours.

Don't think i've ever found a FACT. :wink:

lucky
29-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Every opinion on here is based on rumours.

Don't think i've ever found a FACT. :wink:

There are a lot rumours on here and in the press but this is a fans forum not the high court as such what or who posters use as their sources to give their opinions is basically irrelevant. Obviously my opinions are above that and are extremely well informed:greengrin

offshorehibby
29-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Calderwoods future Hibs will not be seen probably august 2011.

ScottB
29-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I doubt very much thete are any Hibs fans that want failure. The whole point of a message board is to discuss all things Hibs. Some good some bad. But if you don't like it don't read or post.

Well there's more than a few reveling in it right now.

This thread is about rumours that may or may not be true, it's not worth getting knickers in a twist over.

As for Hogg getting a game at the weekend over Bamba, Grounds and co, well we don't know the whole picture do we? Maybe Hogg busts his ass on the training ground while Bamba and co stand about scratching their asses, we just don't know do we. If he gets a game tonight AND puts in a crap performance again, then is the time to moan, not before the team has even been announced.

No doubt if he his picked a fair number of 'fans' will be booing him before he even takes to the pitch, a great motivator for the whole squad...

BEEJ
29-12-2010, 12:50 PM

This thread is about rumours that may or may not be true, it's not worth getting knickers in a twist over.
:top marks

I have this mental image of childish wind-up merchants having a field-day with some of the posters' reactions on here. :rolleyes:

By all means rant if and when it becomes a reality. I'll probably join you. But until then ....

muirhousehibby
29-12-2010, 01:00 PM
It tells me that he will give everybody a chance to prove that they can hack-it or he will be out the door asap :agree:

CC is nobody's fool and I for one will back him to the hilt until he gets his players/team sorted :cool2:

I think it's fair to say that this season has gone (except cup) and I would imagine huge change come the summer ... Just hold on and enjoy the ride :greengrin

:thumbsup: exactly m8, the saying you can only piss whith the c_ _ _ _ you have comes to mind.

Hibernian boss Colin Calderwood says he's being handed the ‘perfect’ transfer kitty by his new employers He's happy with his budget let's all wait and see what he can do in the windows.

matty_f
29-12-2010, 01:06 PM

As for Hogg getting a game at the weekend over Bamba, Grounds and co, well we don't know the whole picture do we? Maybe Hogg busts his ass on the training ground while Bamba and co stand about scratching their asses, we just don't know do we. If he gets a game tonight AND puts in a crap performance again, then is the time to moan, not before the team has even been announced.

No doubt if he his picked a fair number of 'fans' will be booing him before he even takes to the pitch, a great motivator for the whole squad...

It's a good point - there have been plenty whispers about Bamba's attitude to training etc, and if it means Hogg has to play to show that the shan attitudes won't be accepted, then we need to suck it up in the short term.