PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve

Hibs90
28-12-2010, 11:30 PM
What's everyone doing? Where are people going? Currently undecided myself at the moment. Mates want to go into town but struggling for suggestions so if anyone has any then feel free to post. :greengrin

greenlex
28-12-2010, 11:59 PM
FFS It's Hogmanay not New Years eve.
That gets on my thrupennies almost as much as Happy Christmas instead of Merry Christmas.

Zazu62
29-12-2010, 01:38 AM
Amsterdam for 3 nights leave on Thursday morning

Allant1981
29-12-2010, 02:15 AM
working in the pub:boo hoo:

HH81
29-12-2010, 07:56 AM
No idea myself. It's very poor down here so might just stay in. Derby following day is more important.

PiemanP
29-12-2010, 12:30 PM
What's everyone doing? Where are people going? Currently undecided myself at the moment. Mates want to go into town but struggling for suggestions so if anyone has any then feel free to post. :greengrin

Towns a rip off on hogmany and filled with foreigners, and finding a taxi is impossible and expensive.....find yourself a nice warm house party and a bottle of something :party::cheers:

.Sean.
29-12-2010, 12:37 PM
All meeting in the pub at twelve, try and fit a drink in every pub in Haddy before 6 when we're booked into the chinky, up to a 'wee gathering' at my mates' birds house then back out in Haddy, should be decent! :greengrin

Not planning on sleeping, even a few hours in my bed would ensure a stinking hangover for the Derby and I aint allowing that to happen.

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2010, 02:33 PM
All meeting in the pub at twelve, try and fit a drink in every pub in Haddy before 6 when we're booked into the chinky, up to a 'wee gathering' at my mates' birds house then back out in Haddy, should be decent! :greengrin

Not planning on sleeping, even a few hours in my bed would ensure a stinking hangover for the Derby and I aint allowing that to happen.

I wish I was 30 years younger - sounds like the business. :aok:

Greentinted
30-12-2010, 12:06 AM
No really into a bevvy these days so Ive decided to burl aroond toon in the motor wi some scran and stuff for any homeless gadges that have the misfortune of being out of doors in this pish weather.

Pete
30-12-2010, 12:29 AM
New years celebrations means nothing to me.

I'll phone my family to say happy new year as a matter of duty but it's a lot of nonsense.

To me it's all about a lot of personal promises...that normally **** up around a month after you have made them.

Edit: for those who are interested...I'll be in my house alone with several bottles of wine while my girlfriend and my son sleep upstairs.

For those without kids....that's just what ****ing happens sometimes!!

deeks01
30-12-2010, 04:34 AM
hitting the drink this afternoon and not stopping till new years day where I'll watch us demolish the inbreeds over the road , unfortunately on the telly but I'll be singing as loudly as anyone at the game due to the binge! :greengrin:

Calvin
30-12-2010, 04:58 AM
To me it's all about a lot of personal promises...that normally **** up around a month after you have made them.

I can't be doing with New Year either. Resolutions especially really get on my nerves.

If you want to do something about your life and need a new year for the motivation, you're not going to be successful.

bingo70
30-12-2010, 08:30 AM
I can't be doing with New Year either. Resolutions especially really get on my nerves.

If you want to do something about your life and need a new year for the motivation, you're not going to be successful.

I'd disagree with that, sometimes it can be good to take a moment to reflect on what you've been doing or how hard you've been trying to do something and if it takes something like new year to do that then where's the problem?

i stuck to two new years resolutions last year, to start reading books instead of watching ***** on the TV that i didn't enjoy or had seen a million times on repeat and to find a new job, before then i had been putting in a half baked effort.

Those are both relatively easy things to control though so to an extent your right, if it's something like stopping smoking or drinking then i agree you need to stop there and then not wait a month or whatever so you've got an excuse.

Disappointing to see so many people finding something negative in whats supposed to be a time to enjoy yourself, have a party and generally catch up with friends.

Frazerbob
30-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Since there's **** all public transport between Aberdeen & Edinburgh on New Year's Day and I don't want to risk driving it, I'm heading to my folks in Dunfermline for a a wee ruby murray before hitting the the high spots of Fife with the ball 'n' chain. Then it's early to rise and the bird is running me over to Edinburgh for the game and a day on the batter.

First Hogmanay I've not worked for about 15 years.

Calvin
30-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I'd disagree with that, sometimes it can be good to take a moment to reflect on what you've been doing or how hard you've been trying to do something and if it takes something like new year to do that then where's the problem?

i stuck to two new years resolutions last year, to start reading books instead of watching ***** on the TV that i didn't enjoy or had seen a million times on repeat and to find a new job, before then i had been putting in a half baked effort.

Those are both relatively easy things to control though so to an extent your right, if it's something like stopping smoking or drinking then i agree you need to stop there and then not wait a month or whatever so you've got an excuse.

Disappointing to see so many people finding something negative in whats supposed to be a time to enjoy yourself, have a party and generally catch up with friends.

Fair enough, credit to you.

On the bit in bold, maybe I'll appreciate Hogmanay more in a few years - that just sound like every weekend to me! :greengrin

vein
31-12-2010, 05:01 PM

That reminds me, can I get that Beano annual I lent you back mate? :confused:

MSK
31-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Nightshift tonight ..the morns night & the night after ...:boo hoo:

My liver is giving it .."ya ****ing beauty"....:woohoo: