PDA

View Full Version : The Fans

Brads Laing
28-12-2010, 09:03 PM
This is a post about the Hibs fans over previous weeks, both at games and this depressing forum. At full time on Sunday there were more fans booing than i ever remember, yet i still don't understand why people do it. Yes, you will be frustrated but so was i, but i refuse to boo the team i support who have tried their best to please us off the park. I am not a believer in booing a team of the park to let them know we aren't happy because i'm sure the team will be able to figure out that we won't be happy with a 2-1 loss against a team 2nd bottom. So what will it do for a team to boo them? Nothing is the answer. Then some people have the cheek to blame a chairman who has worked wonders at this club since taking over for this. I just don't understand where some people are coming from. Then, on the other hand, at 2-1 down on Sunday there were fans in the east still signing "Calderwood's Green and White Army". This was brilliant. And against Kilmarnock at 2-0 down the fans still continued to sing. These people deserve credit for what they are doing. These are the people who stick by their team through good and bad times and deserve a round of applause for their efforts. So to them, keep up the good work, to the others, follow their example and support your team.
GGTTH:flag:

lEXO
29-12-2010, 01:18 AM
This is a post about the Hibs fans over previous weeks, both at games and this depressing forum. At full time on Sunday there were more fans booing than i ever remember, yet i still don't understand why people do it. Yes, you will be frustrated but so was i, but i refuse to boo the team i support who have tried their best to please us off the park. I am not a believer in booing a team of the park to let them know we aren't happy because i'm sure the team will be able to figure out that we won't be happy with a 2-1 loss against a team 2nd bottom. So what will it do for a team to boo them? Nothing is the answer. Then some people have the cheek to blame a chairman who has worked wonders at this club since taking over for this. I just don't understand where some people are coming from. Then, on the other hand, at 2-1 down on Sunday there were fans in the east still signing "Calderwood's Green and White Army". This was brilliant. And against Kilmarnock at 2-0 down the fans still continued to sing. These people deserve credit for what they are doing. These are the people who stick by their team through good and bad times and deserve a round of applause for their efforts. So to them, keep up the good work, to the others, follow their example and support your team.
I did,nt boo but dont blame those that did at full time.FFS we are paying a lot of money to watch our team being outplayed and bullied every game.I,ve watched Hibs a long time and this is nothing new.The difference now is we pay over the odds to watch guys getting paid a lot of cash for not producing the goods.They should know we are not happy with their performance.
As for the singing on sunday, i thought the singing section was great.They certainly help lift the atmosphere.Total respect to them. But please spare me the follow their example and support the team.We all turn up and back the team in our own way, but if at the end of the game we are beaten and play garbage what do you expect?

Devine
29-12-2010, 02:22 AM
I did,nt boo but dont blame those that did at full time.FFS we are paying a lot of money to watch our team being outplayed and bullied every game.I,ve watched Hibs a long time and this is nothing new.The difference now is we pay over the odds to watch guys getting paid a lot of cash for not producing the goods.They should know we are not happy with their performance.
As for the singing on sunday, i thought the singing section was great.They certainly help lift the atmosphere.Total respect to them. But please spare me the follow their example and support the team.We all turn up and back the team in our own way, but if at the end of the game we are beaten and play garbage what do you expect?

I boo and will boo until things get better.

Im glad ure happy with us gettin pumped every week but im not. If you think its ok for players like liam miller to pick up a decent wage without tryin a leg then great but these imposters can gtf

Devine
29-12-2010, 02:24 AM

Yeah lets just sing clap and dance our way into the first division get a grip

_hucks_
29-12-2010, 02:40 AM

Im glad ure happy with us gettin pumped every week but im not. If you think its ok for players like liam miller to pick up a decent wage without tryin a leg then great but these imposters can gtf

Did he say he was happy with getting pumped every week? Because thats not how I read it.

hibiedude
29-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Anyone who pays to watch Hibs these days deserve credit not just the happy clappers.

The reason for the booing might be because we lost at home to a team that are in a worse league position than us.

As things stand we are heading into a dog fight relegation battle (Lets not clap our hands at that)

Let the chairman explain what actions he's going to take to get us out of this situation

With games against Utd and Heats comimg up lets see what the players do to stop the fans booing on the terraces.

You seem to give the impression that if we stop booing and clap our hands instead things will change which sounds ridiculous- our problems go back over the last couple of seasons and fans are more than frustrated they are getting angrier as each defeats sends us further down the league.

The manager should be given time to get his own players in but the battle to avoid relegation should be our main aim this season and that battle starts with the players on the field and not with fans clapping their hands.

basehibby
29-12-2010, 07:07 AM

I have a problem with fans booing individual players DURING the match - but that wasn't happening on saturday, in fact, the team were given sterling and solid support right through the game - regardless of whether behind or not.

The fans booing at the end were perfectly entitled to voice their opinion on what was a spineless performance against a rubbish Aberdeen side who came to ER bottom of the league - so what's your point caller :confused:

PS - as for the so called supporters who were streaming for the exits at 1-0 down, that's another matter - that sort of spinelessness was fully deserving of the garbage served up on the pitch.

Eganov
29-12-2010, 07:16 AM
Yasss! Another thread highlighting the blame culture amongst the fans and feeding the general over analysis problem of the crowd behaviour.

I agree with the op but let's look around at other club forums and see what their discussion topics are? Even Aberdeen's will be happier and more down to earth than .net these days

Saorsa
29-12-2010, 07:32 AM
GGTTH:flag:****, if that's them trying their best I'm glad I've no been there then when half of them havenae been giving a **** then. :rolleyes:

greenlex
29-12-2010, 07:36 AM
I don't think we have been outplayed in the last two games. Two bits of piss poor defending in both games cost us. Don't think it's anything to do with being outplayed but more to do with players mindset and confidence. This has transferred. Onto the terracing.A win or two will put that right.

superfurryhibby
29-12-2010, 07:50 AM
I don't think we have been outplayed in the last two games. Two bits of piss poor defending in both games cost us. Don't think it's anything to do with being outplayed but more to do with players mindset and confidence. This has transferred. Onto the terracing.A win or two will put that right.

It's all about opinions but we have been absolutely dire, rank, rotten nearly all season. Pass marks for the game againbst Motherwell only and that was just the first half.

Fans pay their money and are entitled to sjow what they feel. At the moment they are saying we are extremely pissed off at the performances. I think it has gone way, way beyond a lack of confidence and mindset!!

greenlex
29-12-2010, 07:58 AM
It's all about opinions but we have been absolutely dire, rank, rotten nearly all season. Pass marks for the game againbst Motherwell only and that was just the first half.

Fans pay their money and are entitled to sjow what they feel. At the moment they are saying we are extremely pissed off at the performances. I think it has gone way, way beyond a lack of confidence and mindset!!
don't get me wrong I don't think we are playing well but we were certainly not outplayed as the poster was suggesting in the last two games which incidently were against a decent Kilmarnock side at their patch and an Aberdeen side with a new management team.

Brads Laing
29-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Everyone is misunderstanding this post. I too want answers, i too am annoyed with the way our team has been playing, but i stand by what i said by saying that booing is not the answer. Some people have said that signing and clapping isn't worthwile when we're losing, however i believe that this will do the world of good for the players. If we turn up tonight in full singing voice that will the team that we still back and they will try to repay our faith. That is what i believe. No i am not happy with what i see, but shouldn't we try to help turn things around instead of putting more pressure on the team.

hibiedude
29-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Everyone is misunderstanding this post. I too want answers, i too am annoyed with the way our team has been playing, but i stand by what i said by saying that booing is not the answer. Some people have said that signing and clapping isn't worthwile when we're losing, however i believe that this will do the world of good for the players. If we turn up tonight in full singing voice that will the team that we still back and they will try to repay our faith. That is what i believe. No i am not happy with what i see, but shouldn't we try to help turn things around instead of putting more pressure on the team.

Are you saying the booing has a negative effect on our players :rolleyes:

Players get hassle at every club up and down the country but they manage to get on with it.

I see it the other way around to be honest- the players have to show the fans that they have the bottle to change things around and get us back on track.

Lets just say that all the fans clap and cheer and sing their the hearts out and we still get pumped what's your answer to that:rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2010, 12:21 PM
[/B]

Are you saying the booing has a negative effect on our players :rolleyes:

Players get hassle at every club up and down the country but they manage to get on with it.

I see it the other way around to be honest- the players have to show the fans that they have the bottle to change things around and get us back on track.

Lets just say that all the fans clap and cheer and sing their the hearts out and we still get pumped what's your answer to that:rolleyes:

It's a school of thought. Personally, I think it spoils going to the match, being surrounded by shallow morons with twisted faces venting every frustration in their pathetic empty lives, on 11 guys playing football - it is verging on self harming behaviour and is not nice to see.

Captain Trips
29-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I think it spoils the match when players get paid and put in performances that are below par consistently.

Problems are at board, manager and player level, fans have nothing to do with anything going wrong.

Keith_M
29-12-2010, 12:40 PM
It's a school of thought. Personally, I think it spoils going to the match, being surrounded by shallow morons with twisted faces venting every frustration in their pathetic empty lives, on 11 guys playing football - it is verging on self harming behaviour and is not nice to see.

:agree:

There's a difference between the guys who boo at the end of the game in frustration at yet another defeat and those that turn up just to do what you've highlighted. There are two guys just along from me that are totally overboard with the abuse they scream and it's really doing my nut in. It's bad enough having to watch the standard of football we're seeing just now without that.

e.g. Moron number FF75 on Sunday, after Rankin played a part in Deeks' goal, "that's all you're ******n good for Rankin, kickin the ba' two yards!"

Fair enough, Rankin wasn't great, as usual, but screamin at him when the goal was scored?

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2010, 12:50 PM
I think it spoils the match when players get paid and put in performances that are below par consistently.

Problems are at board, manager and player level, fans have nothing to do with anything going wrong.

So if the fans have nothing to do with what's going wrong, why do they try to fix it with booing?

:agree:

There's a difference between the guys who boo at the end of the game in frustration at yet another defeat and those that turn up just to do what you've highlighted. There are two guys just along from me that are totally overboard with the abuse they scream and it's really doing my nut in. It's bad enough having to watch the standard of football we're seeing just now without that.

e.g. Moron number FF75 on Sunday, after Rankin played a part in Deeks' goal, "that's all you're ******n good for Rankin, kickin the ba' two yards!"

Fair enough, Rankin wasn't great, as usual, but screamin at him when the goal was scored?

People like that are making it more difficult for me to enjoy matches. In the old days you would just move to another part of the terracing if it happened, now you are stuck with these morons.

I'd love to go their work and abuse them the way they do to the players. They'd be away home in tears, via Greggs to fill their big moon faces with pastry.

crash
29-12-2010, 01:23 PM
You say that people booing does nothing for the team, but by the same token I cant say I have noticed the singing section making the slightest bit of difference towards team performance. You say you cant understand why people boo, basically its because they dont like to be conned. Some fans will sing and clap even when the players are taking a wage for nothing.:confused:

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2010, 01:27 PM
You say that people booing does nothing for the team, but by the same token I cant say I have noticed the singing section making the slightest bit of difference towards team performance. You say you cant understand why people boo, basically its because they dont like to be conned. Some fans will sing and clap even when the players are taking a wage for nothing.:confused:

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

wazoo1875
29-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

This reminds me of a dumb president

Captain Trips
29-12-2010, 02:05 PM
So if the fans have nothing to do with what's going wrong, why do they try to fix it with booing?

People like that are making it more difficult for me to enjoy matches. In the old days you would just move to another part of the terracing if it happened, now you are stuck with these morons.

I'd love to go their work and abuse them the way they do to the players. They'd be away home in tears, via Greggs to fill their big moon faces with pastry.

The key word you use is fix, I said fans have nothing to do with whats wrong, I can try and fix stuff I havent broke, so dont see your point.

lEXO
29-12-2010, 02:23 PM

Did you read my post or just feel the need to have a rant.At no point did i say i,m happy with whats going on. Read the post again and tell me where i gave that impression? :rolleyes:

hibiedude
29-12-2010, 02:31 PM

I was talking about booing the players- you seemed to have taken it to the next level

If we all clap and sing will performance improve?

I wasn’t talking about the fans that go out of their way to give the players dogs abuse and ridicule everything that happens on the field.

allezsauzee
29-12-2010, 02:39 PM
"surrounded by shallow morons with twisted faces venting every frustration in their pathetic empty lives"

are you sure that this wasn't at the PBS when they ran out of pies?

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2010, 02:59 PM
The key word you use is fix, I said fans have nothing to do with whats wrong, I can try and fix stuff I havent broke, so dont see your point.

Ok, what evidence have you got that your method of fixing it works?

Phil D. Rolls
29-12-2010, 03:00 PM
I was talking about booing the players- you seemed to have taken it to the next level

If we all clap and sing will performance improve?

I wasn’t talking about the fans that go out of their way to give the players dogs abuse and ridicule everything that happens on the field.

No, but there are fans like that, and it is horrible to be beside them.

hibsbollah
29-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Some of the people who sang pretty constantly throughout, also booed at the end. Personally, I didnt plan to, but a '****in' BOOO!' escaped my lips as the fulltime whistle went, as Hoggs sprinting up the tunnel faster than he'd moved all day just enraged me.

I dont know how this 'spontaneous booing' places me on the uberfan scale though.:confused:

JimBHibees
29-12-2010, 03:08 PM

Spot on cut out giving teams cheap goals and things will get better. Even a couple of draws in next couple of games would improve things.

Captain Trips
29-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Ok, what evidence have you got that your method of fixing it works?

What other method? I said the fans are not to blame for us being poor I did not mention other methods.

Unfortunatly vocal support and not bad crowds considering has done nothing hence my point, the board, managers and players are 100% to blame for the shambles at ER.

down-the-slope
29-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Some of the people who sang pretty constantly throughout, also booed at the end. Personally, I didnt plan to, but a '****in' BOOO!' escaped my lips as the fulltime whistle went, as Hoggs sprinting up the tunnel faster than he'd moved all day just enraged me.

I dont know how this 'spontaneous booing' places me on the uberfan scale though.:confused:

Pretty poorly in the lower 3rd division...however you may gain a promotion if you wear your Zemmama top (assuming it still gets round yer Christmas over indulgence:cool2:) this evening to welcome him back- short sleeved with no vest or outer garments of course :agree:

erin go bragh
29-12-2010, 03:15 PM
maybe if we had 9000 people singing and getting behind our team it might lift the players , cause booing them isnt working [just a thought] tin hat on

Captain Trips
29-12-2010, 03:17 PM
maybe if we had 9000 people singing and getting behind our team it might lift the players , cause booing them isnt working [just a thought] tin hat on

This has been done to death, been to plenty of matches were that happened and still got gubbed, booing or cheering has not as much impact as we think, the bottom line is how the players perform.

allezsauzee
29-12-2010, 03:22 PM
I think we're going over the top a bit. There's been a bit of booing but overall I'd say the Hibs support have been pretty ...well supportive recently. if the yams were beaten 2-1 at home to a piss poor Aberdeen team, they'd be chucking their scarfs and maybe even their BNP membership cards onto the park. No matter how bad things get, I'm always grateful to have been born into a Hibby family :wink:

Keith_M
29-12-2010, 03:23 PM
maybe if we had 9000 people singing and getting behind our team...

This has been done to death, been to plenty of matches were that happened and still got gubbed, booing or cheering has not as much impact as we think, the bottom line is how the players perform.

Seriously? What team were you watching at the time? Defo wasn't ER, in the last few years at least.

Captain Trips
29-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Seriously? What team were you watching at the time? Defo wasn't ER, in the last few years at least.

Been to plenty of matches when great support over last few years so unsure what match you were at maybe you missed it. 100% fact we have played crap when team cheered onto park with great support.

lEXO
30-12-2010, 05:29 PM

Aye fair do,s.But the team dont deserve to be applauded off the park when they have been humped again at home and shown very little fight again. The crowd was buzzing in the second half last night, that was down to a lot more fight and better play. The players also have to give us a lift. And i did,nt and dont boo the team, but said in my original post i understand why some would at full time.

RIP
30-12-2010, 10:18 PM
This thread is a loadysingle fish

Last season I heard a lot worse. This season we have poorer performances on the park and better fan support than I've heard in years

I think the tide is turning and the days of the jessies, faint-hearts, bottle merchants and boo boys are numbered

When the going gets tough - the tough get going and get behind the team

Just my opinion though