PDA

View Full Version : Worried about how things are going?

matty_f
28-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Then get yourself down to Easter Road tomorrow and get behind the team. Having a voice on a forum is one thing, having a voice at the ground is something altogether more powerful.

Yes, it's torture watching us right now, yes there's every chance that we'll be let down again, but we can show the players what it means to us and leave those that can influence things in no doubt as to how we feel about things.

The more clicks the turnstiles get, the more cash CC has to make changes as well.

Don't sit on here and snipe, if you can get to the game - go, get behind the team. Put your money where your mouth is and give the club the money that they need to invest in the squad.

BroxburnHibee
28-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Then get yourself down to Easter Road tomorrow and get behind the team. Having a voice on a forum is one thing, having a voice at the ground is something altogether more powerful.

Yes, it's torture watching us right now, yes there's every chance that we'll be let down again, but we can show the players what it means to us and leave those that can influence things in no doubt as to how we feel about things.

The more clicks the turnstiles get, the more cash CC has to make changes as well.

Don't sit on here and snipe, if you can get to the game - go, get behind the team. Put your money where your mouth is and give the club the money that they need to invest in the squad.

:top marks

Yep...........blatantly obvious that all the negative pish has done nothing for the team so here's a revolutionary idea................

How about getting behind the team and cheering them on for the 90 minutes.

Too much to ask?

Sammy7nil
28-12-2010, 09:34 PM
:top marks

Yep...........blatantly obvious that all the negative pish has done nothing for the team so here's a revolutionary idea................

How about getting behind the team and cheering them on for the 90 minutes.

Too much to ask?

Totally agree :top marks

How about the players do the basics and put in 100% effort too :wink:

Hibercelona
28-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Sorry, but every single week we get posts sayings "get behind the team", "be the 12th man", "sing till the final whistle".....etc.

The fans have been trying to get behind the team IMO, but until that sorry lot pull their fingers out and start giving something back to the support, then I think any supporter has the right to feel outraged at the moment.

Its the teams job to give the fans something to cheer about, but they aren't doing that at this present time.

matty_f
28-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Sorry, but every single week we get posts sayings "get behind the team", "be the 12th man", "sing till the final whistle".....etc.

The fans have been trying to get behind the team IMO, but until that sorry lot pull their fingers out and start giving something back to the support, then I think any supporter has the right to feel outraged at the moment.

Its the teams job to give the fans something to cheer about, but they aren't doing that at this present time.

Congratulations on being the first person to miss the point.

The 12th Man have made a big difference to the atmosphere, but we need more bums on seats, we need more support and we need to make our feelings known at the games instead of sniping about not spending money etc on here.

You were having a go at Riordan potentially going - well, if you want him to stay who do you think is going to have to provide the club with the money to keep him?

bingo70
28-12-2010, 09:45 PM

I admire your attempts to lift the mood but i don't really buy into this 12th man thing, not the singing section, they're doing a grand job if improving the atmosphere, i mean that i don't think encouragement makes that much difference to the team, i've been to plenty games where hibs have had terrific vocal support but still been humped with inept performances and it makes no difference IMO.

Sorry to be negative but i think it's time the players took responsibility for things improving.

matty_f
28-12-2010, 09:49 PM
I admire your attempts to lift the mood but i don't really buy into this 12th man thing, not the singing section, they're doing a grand job if improving the atmosphere, i mean that i don't think encouragement makes that much difference to the team, i've been to plenty games where hibs have had terrific vocal support but still been humped with inept performances and it makes no difference IMO.

Sorry to be negative but i think it's time the players took responsibility for things improving.

Not trying to lift the mood at all. We Need to bring players in, we need money to do it, we don't have lots of money so we need to give the club it.

Matty_Jack04
28-12-2010, 09:50 PM
i actually quite liked the Op there a good rally cry, then someone has to go spoil it with ' heres an idea....go support the team for 90mins too much to ask?'
Well mate to be brutally honest with you yes is it, alot of people are spending money they dont have this time of year and all that is being asked is that we see a team who are willing to show some fight and desire at the very least, is not happening and hasnt for a long long time. This squad of players deserve a hard time the punters are making the effort and they are failing to return the gesture big time

BroxburnHibee
28-12-2010, 09:53 PM

You may well be right Bingo but on the other hand, the booing and sarcastic cheering targeting of individual players CLEARLY does have an effect.

I know which one I prefer.

bingo70
28-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Not trying to lift the mood at all. We Need to bring players in, we need money to do it, we don't have lots of money so we need to give the club it.

Does that mean that if i've got a season ticket i dinnae have to go? :pray: :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
28-12-2010, 09:59 PM
i actually quite liked the Op there a good rally cry, then someone has to go spoil it with ' heres an idea....go support the team for 90mins too much to ask?'
Well mate to be brutally honest with you yes is it, alot of people are spending money they dont have this time of year and all that is being asked is that we see a team who are willing to show some fight and desire at the very least, is not happening and hasnt for a long long time. This squad of players deserve a hard time the punters are making the effort and they are failing to return the gesture big time

"Spoil it" :hilarious

Says it all about our so-called support at the moment.

Of course we're all feeling let down by this bunch of wasters at the moment but I ask you this............

Which of the following options is most likely to bring out a positive response from our team?

1. Boo/Sarcastically cheer the players/team every time something happens we don't like.
2. Sit in silence with no vocal encouragement from the stands.
3. Get behind the team from the first minute to the last (or 85th if thats your bag :wink:)

No prizes by the way :greengrin

Sammy7nil
28-12-2010, 10:01 PM

Of course we're all feeling let down by this bunch of wasters at the moment but I ask you this............

Which of the following options is most likely to bring out a positive response from our team?

1. Boo/Sarcastically cheer the players/team every time something happens we don't like.
3. Get behind the team from the first minute to the last (or 85th if thats your bag :wink:)

When willyou post the correct answer ? :greengrin

Hiber-nation
28-12-2010, 10:03 PM

Spot on. There's no way I could have sat there and encouraged the likes of Grounds and Hogg after their efforts on Sunday. And we're talking effort, not just having an off day. If players aren't giving their all they won't get much support from the fans.

bingo70
28-12-2010, 10:06 PM

Trick question?

Reckon when you do 2 and 3 you get the same response but i agree that behaving like a dick and booing/sarcastic cheering clearly has a negative effect.

Sorry, there's always one smart arse that just doesnt answer the question, thought it was as well being me this time. :wink:

BroxburnHibee
28-12-2010, 10:08 PM
When willyou post the correct answer ? :greengrin

I'm sure there's plenty 'experts' on here who will tell me :tee hee:

matty_f
28-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Does that mean that if i've got a season ticket i dinnae have to go? :pray: :greengrin

Only if you buy a programme online. Every penny counts.:greengrin

Littlest Hobo
28-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Ok here's a positive, why no go along and support the likes of Zemmama or Duffy who by all accounts will defo be in the squad/team and in all likely hoods get some minutes on the park at some point. Thought it was worth a mention :cool2:

silverhibee
29-12-2010, 12:53 AM

Well said Matty. :top marks :hnet: :flag:

Sammy7nil
30-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Totally agree :top marks

How about the players do the basics and put in 100% effort too :wink:

Well 1 out of 2 aint Bad :greengrin

The Basics cost us dear Again :boo hoo: